• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4/6 Remove Curse (Chivalry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
P.s. The only way they begin to lose fights is when I log on on my chiv char and counter their whole crew. Pretty funny

Nobody on UO can field 5 archers with such good items And experience and speed... Paithan has to curse, weaken spam and xheal, nothing else

InfernO will come to get you
Well, you know what they say... Scissors beat Paper every time. you just need to worry about more Rocks...

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
P.s. The only way they begin to lose fights is when I log on on my chiv char and counter their whole crew. Pretty funny

Nobody on UO can field 5 archers with such good items And experience and speed... Paithan has to curse, weaken spam and xheal, nothing else

Try to fight them with 5 mages u will end up mortaled moving shotted down , they can deal 250 dmg on the run every second

I haven't been playing and last time I was- even with holy fist not being nerfed- you were getting destroyed majority of fights. This is nothing personal towards you. It is cute that you think so though. lol

It is simply a post about a spell and what is supposed to counter. All of your posts about why it is fair has been talking about 5 archers. LOL. Make a few more posts about 5 archers and people will probably see why remove curse is balanced vs curses (sarcasm)

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Paithan's pvp wet dream: casts curse , u are on apple timer u get slaughtered in two screens on the run by a waterfall of arrows. Nothing u can do , 60 resists after curse , u get pwned. GG good balancing BRO

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just an update, I tested the remove curse a bit and it can't be functioning as originally intended.

at 2/6 the spell is casting between .5 - 1 seconds, and with 7 debuffs on me at -47 karma it removes all the curses.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For pvp chiv works just with 4fc and 6 fcr and the suit is very hard to do . There are ZERO players competitive ( in offense) on a paladin. The only one is Muchi Muchi Munn and we all know this. These kids want to play around yew and winning all fights without any challenge.

Crying about something created for pvp and pvm in 2003 is crazy . Pvp wet dream of paithan is to unbalance pvp again. Rofl

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just an update, I tested the remove curse a bit and it can't be functioning as originally intended.

at 2/6 the spell is casting between .5 - 1 seconds, and with 7 debuffs on me at -47 karma it removes all the curses.
Now, reducing casting speed doesn't have anything to do with the part that's not functioning as it's intended. - That's the important part.

-47 karma sounds a little odd to me... but at the same time it doesn't truly count "negative" until it effects your titles.

Also, changing it to "fail" with say 3 or more removable debuffs, wouldn't make a difference in any one vs one situations... again, suggesting there's nothing wrong with it.

on a side note, poison immunity has NEVER functioned as "intended". *starts another rant*, I'll leave the rest out of the thread though.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LMAO. He complains about having a hard time killing a defensive character while playing a defensive character himself. It's no surprise why he wants Remove Curse nerfed.
The difference is the "defensive character" he plays, still has a very competitive offense,. where as Chivalry is only good at killing people who don't know how to heal through it.
(this is where the player skill comes in) > which IMO should be the biggest factor in ALL pvp situations. it used to be more about that several years ago, but when items & certain skills add random things to it, flaws the player skill both positively & negatively, it ruins the experience and the fun that most of us loved most about UOs pvp.

Edit: that being said, I still do love UO's pvp, because of that, I probably will never truly quit playing it... There are some small adjustments that could be made to better balance it IMO though.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Can you try at various stages of negative karma? Say -2k, -4k, etc up to -10k, then at -20k, -30k?

For pvp chiv works just with 4fc and 6 fcr and the suit is very hard to do . There are ZERO players competitive ( in offense) on a paladin. The only one is Muchi Muchi Munn and we all know this. These kids want to play around yew and winning all fights without any challenge.

Crying about something created for pvp and pvm in 2003 is crazy . Pvp wet dream of paithan is to unbalance pvp again. Rofl

But Muchi's a Spellweaving Bushido Parry 4/6 Chiv Dexer, if I remember right. Most of your offense doesn't come from Chivalry alone...

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Now, reducing casting speed doesn't have anything to do with the part that's not functioning as it's intended. - That's the important part.

-47 karma sounds a little odd to me... but at the same time it doesn't truly count "negative" until it effects your titles.

Also, changing it to "fail" with say 3 or more removable debuffs, wouldn't make a difference in any one vs one situations... again, suggesting there's nothing wrong with it.

on a side note, poison immunity has NEVER functioned as "intended". *starts another rant*, I'll leave the rest out of the thread though.
Can you try at various stages of negative karma? Say -2k, -4k, etc up to -10k, then at -20k, -30k?

But Muchi's a Spellweaving Bushido Parry 4/6 Chiv Dexer, if I remember right. Most of your offense doesn't come from Chivalry alone...
Yep, trying some more so far -800 karma fails once but still removes all 7

-1500 failed 2x with 7 but had no problems removing 6 with 0 failures

-5k failed 2x with 6 buffs but no problems with 5 debuffs / 0 fails

currently at "Dread lord" -10k karma, and with 5 debuffs it only failed once (all three times i tested it, and each of these karma steps for the matter) and 0 fails with 4 debuffs.

Last edited:

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Again, this is not about chiv. It already has a super fast heal, cure, and dispel. This is about the balancing of speed for remove curse. I am not sure why you can't grasp this.
WTF are u talking about?
NOT about chiv? Dude are u stoned?

Remove curse is a chivalry spell.

We are not ****ing in Hogwarts!

sativa green

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you guys realize changes never happen because you spend like 99% of the thread filling it with high school arguments and name calling. how the **** are devs supposed to sift through this crap you call intelligent debate. holy ****. no wonder this game is dead.

p.s. - if you don't pvp. stop trying giving your opinion on it and just assume the devs are smart enough not to drastically affect the ****ing game for you. ASSUME, and save everyone 30 seconds of reading your uninformed opinion.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
p.s. - if you don't pvp. stop trying giving your opinion on it and just assume the devs are smart enough not to drastically affect the ****ing game for you. ASSUME, and save everyone 30 seconds of reading your uninformed opinion.
Since this is a broader issue than just active PvP types, and relates to anyone who spends most of their time in fel or PvMs wither side. And the opinions of the non PvPs thus far has been very well informed, I would suggest that the PvPs that can only get a jolly killing other players not give their uninformed opinion about how this would affect those outside of PvP. That being said when a non PvP type meets a PvP type in fel and dominates the PvP by evading and escaping that player is then a PVPr and nerfing a defensive spell to compensate for a lack of skill, and knowledge is hardly informed PvPrs commenting. Now I understand it must be very frustrating for someone wearing a cheap imbued suit to escape when you are wearing a Billions gold suit but don't blame the defensive spell, blame your own lack of understanding and ignorance of how to take down the template in question. So keep making the assumption that those who don't get their jollies actively PvPing are making assumptions about how PvP works :) You do not get really good at escaping L33T PvPs in top tier gear by not knowing how PvP works :)

sativa green

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since this is a broader issue than just active PvP types, and relates to anyone who spends most of their time in fel or PvMs wither side. And the opinions of the non PvPs thus far has been very well informed, I would suggest that the PvPs that can only get a jolly killing other players not give their uninformed opinion about how this would affect those outside of PvP. That being said when a non PvP type meets a PvP type in fel and dominates the PvP by evading and escaping that player is then a PVPr and nerfing a defensive spell to compensate for a lack of skill, and knowledge is hardly informed PvPrs commenting. Now I understand it must be very frustrating for someone wearing a cheap imbued suit to escape when you are wearing a Billions gold suit but don't blame the defensive spell, blame your own lack of understanding and ignorance of how to take down the template in question. So keep making the assumption that those who don't get their jollies actively PvPing are making assumptions about how PvP works :) You do not get really good at escaping L33T PvPs in top tier gear by not knowing how PvP works :)
yeah, no. if you don't pvp, keep your opinions on pvp gameplay limited to your porous brain. you can't have a well informed opinion on a play style you don't ****ing play. it's really a simple concept.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah, no. if you don't pvp, keep your opinions on pvp gameplay limited to your porous brain. you can't have a well informed opinion on a play style you don't ****ing play. it's really a simple concept.
wrong but thats OK I will grant you forgiveness.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very convincing argument BTW. Since when a PVP engages me I am a PvPr at that point and engaging in a PvP play style then my opinion is just as valid as yours in regards to PvP. Whether you like it or not :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Following your logic then you can't have a well informed opinion of the play styles you consider over powered. Even though it has been well established throughout this thread that a Paladin can only kill the most incompetent PvPrs. So my question is are you simply incompetent or just blowing out your backside to enjoy your own brand?

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you guys realize changes never happen because you spend like 99% of the thread filling it with high school arguments and name calling. how the **** are devs supposed to sift through this crap you call intelligent debate. holy ****. no wonder this game is dead.

Hellllooo... that is what they are banking on. No one can come up with a valid reason as to why remove curse is that powerful.. so they keep derailing the thread hoping it goes the wayside and devs pay no attention to it. It is very easy to see what they are doing.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Leave chivalry alone. Weepin' Jesus on the cross. One gd skill undoes a million diff debuffs. You have a crap ton of options for all your burst damage. Stop trying to undo the one skill that undoes debuffs.

I wonder if you were the one that whined about the amount of spawn at a champ being too high also....

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leave chivalry alone. Weepin' Jesus on the cross. One gd skill undoes a million diff debuffs. You have a crap ton of options for all your burst damage. Stop trying to undo the one skill that undoes debuffs.

I wonder if you were the one that whined about the amount of spawn at a champ being too high also....
Yes and the speed at which it does it is where the issue lies. All of those debuffs that is removes (and note when i say all because it removes MULTIPLE) all take much longer to cast than remove curse. There is a big gap.

It leaves a pure focus mage useless in a one v one. They need to curse to be able to do any damage. If you can remove twice as fast as they can curse a mage could not do anything. And ps that would not make killing a 4/6er with chiv heals that much easier, but at least it would be a shot.

A necro needs all their debuffs to be useful and all of them have long casts. One Instant Spell renders that whole template useless in a one v one as well.

Even at 2/6 remove curse would still be overpowered. But at least being able to disrupt it would be a start.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes and the speed at which it does it is where the issue lies. All of those debuffs that is removes (and note when i say all because it removes MULTIPLE) all take much longer to cast than remove curse. There is a big gap.

It leaves a pure focus mage useless in a one v one. They need to curse to be able to do any damage. If you can remove twice as fast as they can curse a mage could not do anything. And ps that would not make killing a 4/6er with chiv heals that much easier, but at least it would be a shot.

A necro needs all their debuffs to be useful and all of them have long casts. One Instant Spell renders that whole template useless in a one v one as well.

Even at 2/6 remove curse would still be overpowered. But at least being able to disrupt it would be a start.
You can disrupt it, you just don't want to disrupt it as that is not in your play style. Must really suck for guys like you to have to actually earn a kill against a template. Funny that some PvPrs can take a paladin down 1v1 and others cry about not being able to insta kill a paladin and cry about one defensive spell, that is easily interrupted and countered. Now I will throw you a bone, the mana cost should be higher by 2x but that is the ONLY tweak remove curse needs.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Paithan wants everyone to stay cursed forever so his archer army can do 50 dmg on the run per shot. Great pvp rofl

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Paithan, can you put spellweaving on and wind 4/6'rs?
That's not an option for him, because if he did that he would lose his 30% sdi cap, making his template weaker vs other mages and archers (the only other two templates out there...).

Chivalry>Remove Curse: Removes Debuffs = fast cast
Mysticism>Cleanse Winds: Removes Debuffs, Heals, & Cures = Slow cast.

It's a pointless argument to change Chivalry>Remove Curse when it's not imbalanced. the only imbalance was holyfist not being interruptible, I didn't think the damage was that bad before it was capped at 35, but it's still good as it is currently.

Start a thread about Archery, people would start trying to come up with ideas to balance that. (I'm pretty sure 100% of his guild-mates mainly play archers.)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
And the Ilshenar Spawns put back to normal, this is what I'm talking about --- they messed with all spawns because of a PVP whiner and ALL spawns got the nerfstick.
Why do you assume it was a PVPer?

Regardless they need to put the cap where it was and leave it alone. I did another spawn and same thing, another 10+ extra minutes to finish a spawn now.

Ridiculous.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do you assume it was a PVPer?

Regardless they need to put the cap where it was and leave it alone. I did another spawn and same thing, another 10+ extra minutes to finish a spawn now.

Ridiculous.
PvP or not the spawn cap sucks and 10 minutes can mean finishing the spawn and getting out or getting raided and whacked.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
PvP or not the spawn cap sucks and 10 minutes can mean finishing the spawn and getting out or getting raided and whacked.
No arguments here, I was raided both times I did the spawn in the extra time it took to finish it.

It wasn't that they waited on the coon to pop, because they showed up after the coon was considerably damaged.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another thing to off-set the "suits are better now" argument......maybe trapped boxes should do more damage the more hit points you have.

Refresh pot timer, trapped boxes do more damage, and ditch enhanced pots. Let's really make things fair since suits are now a "problem" too.

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thing to off-set the "suits are better now argument"......maybe trapped boxes should do more damage the more hit points you have.

Refresh pot timer, trapped boxes do more damage, and ditch enhanced pots. Let's really make things fair since suits are now a "problem" too.
It seems everything outside of stealth archers and mages is a *Problem* and without question totally over powered (Sarcasm Intended) :)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The thread was pretty much done when he decided to make a second thread about remove curse.

I tested that and the original poster and/or devs can do what they like with that info.

I'm surprised it took this long to devolve.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thread was pretty much done when he decided to make a second thread about remove curse.

I tested that and the original poster and/or devs can do what they like with that info.

I'm surprised it took this long to devolve.
I had to be specific. The other thread got derailed and was ignoring the remove curse aspect.

The argument for it being minimum 2x faster than the curses while removing multiple curses is summed up below:
  1. It has been that way for so long; therefore it CANT be more powerful than the curses.
  2. Something about 5 archers
Possible fixes that have been discussed:
  1. Slow down the spell
  2. Have it cost a lot more mana
  3. Have it fail more often
  4. Have it remove less curses
It is evident that the spell is overpowered and needs a tweak.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I had to be specific. The other thread got derailed and was ignoring the remove curse aspect.

The argument for it being minimum 2x faster than the curses while removing multiple curses is summed up below:
  1. It has been that way for so long; therefore it CANT be more powerful than the curses.
  2. Something about 5 archers
Possible fixes that have been discussed:
  1. Slow down the spell
  2. Have it cost a lot more mana
  3. Have it fail more often
  4. Have it remove less curses
It is evident that the spell is overpowered and needs a tweak.
Well man, the argument never falls on the "why not" it always lands on the burden of "why should we".

Though based on what I tested, it shouldn't be removing four debuffs at -10k karma without fail.

If anything it just needs tweaked to increase fail rate and number of debuffs removed to scale appropriately to skill and karma.

No other changes required.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well man, the argument never falls on the "why not" it always lands on the burden of "why should we".

Though based on what I tested, it shouldn't be removing four debuffs at -10k karma without fail.

If anything it just needs tweaked to increase fail rate and number of debuffs removed to scale appropriately to skill and karma.

No other changes required.
The why should we is to make it balanced with the curses it removes.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The why should we is to make it balanced with the curses it removes.
I'm pretty sure you understand that you have to give the argument of why it's not balanced.

Though, I've made that argument for you based on results and gave the correct action for it.

It's on them if they want to do anything about it.

Don't hold your breath though.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure you understand that you have to give the argument of why it's not balanced.

Though, I've made that argument for you based on results and gave the correct action for it.

It's on them if they want to do anything about it.

Don't hold your breath though.
I have given the argument that it should not be 2x faster than the quickest cast curse while being able to remove an insane amount of curses at once.

One spell that fast should not be able to nullify multiple templates. If it was at 2/6 it would still be a very powerful spell but there is at least (small) possibilities of being able to disrupt it then.

You have given your opinion on a corrective action and others have agreed that it should be slowed down.

If they don't fix it, then so be it. But it most certainly is not balanced in one v one situations.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have given the argument that it should not be 2x faster than the quickest cast curse while being able to remove an insane amount of curses at once.

One spell that fast should not be able to nullify multiple templates. If it was at 2/6 it would still be a very powerful spell but there is at least (small) possibilities of being able to disrupt it then.

You have given your opinion on a corrective action and others have agreed that it should be slowed down.

If they don't fix it, then so be it. But it most certainly is not balanced in one v one situations.
I'm not really trying to argue for or against, I'm just saying you can't expect a (lack of) counter argument as a justification to change something.

Yeah you stated it shouldn't be be as quick and remove all the curses, and while I agree, it doesn't provide anything but an opinion. I know you understand what I'm saying.

Either way, I'd argue that the rest who want chiv slowed are based on the interest of their own templates.

Mine was based off the results of testing it centered around the original intention of the spell.

Which do you suppose holds more weight?

Regardless, again, it's up to the devs to decide if it holds any water.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not really trying to argue for or against, I'm just saying you can't expect a (lack of) counter argument as a justification to change something.

Yeah you stated it shouldn't be be as quick and remove all the curses, and while I agree, it doesn't provide anything but an opinion. I know you understand what I'm saying.

Either way, I'd argue that the rest who want chiv slowed are based on the interest of their own templates.

Mine was based off the results of testing it centered around the original intention of the spell.

Which do you suppose holds more weight?

Regardless, again, it's up to the devs to decide if it holds any water.
I think any proposed changes are based on opinions.

And when chivalry came out and was able to remove curse at 4/6... mages also had 4/6 casting. So it made more sense then because mages were casting curses at the same speed. Sometimes things like that get overlooked. Mana was an issue for casting remove curse over and over at one point. Now you can get 55% LMC for those suits and cast it endlessly.

So with changing times- balance needs to be brought back. In my humble opinion, of course.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think any proposed changes are based on opinions.

And when chivalry came out and was able to remove curse at 4/6... mages also had 4/6 casting. So it made more sense then because mages were casting curses at the same speed. Sometimes things like that get overlooked. Mana was an issue for casting remove curse over and over at one point. Now you can get 55% LMC for those suits and cast it endlessly.

So with changing times- balance needs to be brought back. In my humble opinion, of course.
It's helpful to share information like this to paint the background of why "after 13 years" it needs tweaked.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if remove curse with chiv is so oped, why was there an entire thread, plus a publish, to change mortal strike.

obviously, 4/6 chiv is not oped, or else that change would not have been made.

it seems to me that all these proposed changes come down to refusal of players wanting to play all but a handful of the highest dps templates possible.

i can tell you what the end result would be if we actually saw it in a publish:
remove curse capped at 2/6 casting
30 second timer, or diminishing returns on the curse spell.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Paithan makes a personal campaign to advantage again hir archer army... Talking about 55 lmc but chiv chars need a meddable suit for pvp otherwise the mana is really bad.... It's funny. And u can easily dismount para and hide the pet to kill a chiv char or simply kill the pet.... U have an healing parry alchy mage.... Pretty funny....

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if remove curse with chiv is so oped, why was there an entire thread, plus a publish, to change mortal strike.

obviously, 4/6 chiv is not oped, or else that change would not have been made.

it seems to me that all these proposed changes come down to refusal of players wanting to play all but a handful of the highest dps templates possible.

i can tell you what the end result would be if we actually saw it in a publish:
remove curse capped at 2/6 casting
30 second timer, or diminishing returns on the curse spell.
A timer would be ridiculous.

Capping it at 2/6 is something I could get behind though.

Status
Not open for further replies.