• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4/6 Remove Curse (Chivalry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took into consideration your first sentence of how you aren't a competent pvper, which pretty much sums up why you aren't aware of what you are talking about, but decided to respond anyways.
Escaping and evading part you must have missed, which whether you like it or not is a part of PvP in that regard I own you :) And it would seem every other defensive player owns you in the regard as well :)

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tyrath paithan is an old fox, he wants his army of 5 archers to lock mortals and insta kill ppl. Ofc he hates if someone can remove the mortal fast, they want 0 competition, v sad

InfernO will come to get you

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took into consideration your first sentence of how you aren't a competent pvper, which pretty much sums up why you aren't aware of what you are talking about, but decided to respond anyways.
Ahhh the first and last argument of the one trick pony PK. If you can't kill them just say they don't understand to make yourself look more competent.

Problem is I understand my template very well and how to use it to my maximum benefit. Including its limitations and strengths. The strength being a mage is not going to insta kill it and the weakness being the same thing. You are going to have to actually spend some time and earn the kill on a high defense player running 120 chiv max karma and 120 resist.

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tyrath paithan is an old fox, he wants his army of 5 archers to lock mortals and insta kill ppl. Ofc he hates if someone can remove the mortal fast, they want 0 competition, v sad

I know :) I have ran across them a time or two and survived quite easily. I am never going to kill them but they are not going to just roll me either and that really annoys folks that want the fast kill on a non PvP and just can't seem to score it.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You on the other hand understand the strengths and weakness of chiv and would be dangerous :)

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhh the first and last argument of the one trick pony PK. If you can't kill them just say they don't understand to make yourself look more competent.
Ummm.. I have made my argument. No one is giving a reason why remove curse is balanced by being cast 2x faster minimum than curses AND removing multiple curses.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I forgot about how you can spam mortal, so that is a great point you make. (sarcasm)

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Keep it on topic. Because I have no idea what you mean. Other than t

From what I could comprehend from your post... i never said removing a curse should be longer than the curse. I said it should be the same cast as the faster curses (curse, oath, corpse) etc.

it should not be the same, how useless is something when the + and the - are equal? defense should always be slightly in front of an offense.

thats the same with the "frehsly nerved mortal" because you could apply the "curse" more than remove it as the apples have a delay. now after make some adjustments the curse is not so powerful anymore and you actually have a chance to not be mortal to death.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My argument is simple.

Remove curse removes far too many curses AND is 2x (minimum) faster than all the curses out there. There needs to be balance. Hope that clears it up for you, bud.
your argument is maybe simple, but obviousely more or less you and your bunch of curse gankers are the only ones who got the same opinion.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
it should not be the same, how useless is something when the + and the - are equal? defense should always be slightly in front of an offense.

thats the same with the "frehsly nerved mortal" because you could apply the "curse" more than remove it as the apples have a delay. now after make some adjustments the curse is not so powerful anymore and you actually have a chance to not be mortal to death.

well always the same statements. YEAH GOOD THAT YOU MENTION IT; YOU DID THIS ALSO....

of course he and all others used mortal stacking and novas and alchemy and conflags, if they would not they were simply idiots to not use all possabilities while fighting.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummm.. I have made my argument. No one is giving a reason why remove curse is balanced by being cast 2x faster minimum than curses AND removing multiple curses.
Have you ever hears of disrupting a spell? It is very possible and quite easy to do, of course the spells to keep me disrupted are low level low damage and that just won't do will it :)

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Paithan 's game is simple guys: he has 5 archers with elemental bows ok.... He casts a curse... And u get rekt with moving shots because the bows hit on the resists set to 60 due the curse.... So if u higher the time of a remove curse u end up getting slaughtered with 5 armour ignores because highering the timer is simply ridicolous. If u want hyper offensive make an alchemy archer- hyper defensive make a chiv char. He wants to remove the opposite of what they fight against!!

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It wouldn't be useless as all. You could still get that off before any offensive spell (4th circle and above) is cast again. The only damaging spells below that have delays other than harm. So you could get off a remove curse before the next offensive spell. lol. And remove curse is not "slightly" faster than the curses. It is a ridiculous 2-4x faster.

Mortal you can't spam- not sure why you are bringing that up.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I keep reading how chivalry has been in game for 13 years etc etc etc. it's a pretty simple argument actually. If you play just a basic focused Necro. You have Blood Oath, Strangle, Mind Rot, Corpse Skin, Evil Omen let's say you play a debuff support character. Let's also say those spells all take 1s to cast..which they don't, just saying for the sake of argument. That's 5 seconds of casting for a .25s negation. Never mind the mana cost and fizzle factor, the 2/6 needed in the suit, the having to stop to cast. It's completely one sided. Yes you need 4/6 casting to make it so fast, even 2 years ago it wasn't so pathetically easy to make a 4/6 suit. So to say it's been in game for 13 years it's not broken is a ridiculous argument. It was never a viable template in pvp..minus the 4/6 Mage days which are long gone and balanced out. I don't see his request as ZOMG i can't pee vee peeeeee now. Paith is actually a talented PvPer who has been for quite some time. This is a balance issue. Which I agree with..however the question remains how? Because chiv 4/6 heal/cleanse is in fact OP. I can go afk and not die 2v1...that's not balanced that's crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
there's some that complain about holyfist,4/6,mortal/remove curse, there are others that complain about curse, eat apple then get re-cursed ect... I do feel curse is too strong but I don't think there needs to be any changes. maybe holyfist should only work for pure fighters, like pure mage. on the use of multi chars, its doesn't matter if 5 archers or 5 mages dumping on u, its not good for the game but the devs just wont listen. just my opinions.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Paithan 's game is simple guys: he has 5 archers with elemental bows ok.... He casts a curse... And u get rekt with moving shots because the bows hit on the resists set to 60 due the curse.... So if u higher the time of a remove curse u end up getting slaughtered with 5 armour ignores because highering the timer is simply ridicolous. If u want hyper offensive make an alchemy archer- hyper defensive make a chiv char. He wants to remove the opposite of what they fight against!!

I am talking about one v one and balance of spell cast time vs effectiveness.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha what u talking about? U clearly have lack of pvp knowledge. Icecast was playing chiv chars 5/6 yrs ago even rofl. And u don't remember the chiv ninja dp chars of 9 yrs ago... U clearly are not a pvper or just a succubus

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I keep reading how chivalry has been in game for 13 years etc etc etc. it's a pretty simple argument actually. If you play just a basic focused Necro. You have Blood Oath, Strangle, Mind Rot, Corpse Skin, Evil Omen let's say you play a debuff support character. Let's also say those spells all take 1s to cast..which they don't, just saying for the sake of argument. That's 5 seconds of casting for a .25s negation. Never mind the mana cost and fizzle factor, the 2/6 needed in the suit, the having to stop to cast. It's completely one sided. Yes you need 4/6 casting to make it so fast, even 2 years ago it wasn't so pathetically easy to make a 4/6 suit. So to say it's been in game for 13 years it's not broken is a ridiculous argument. It was never a viable template in pvp..minus the 4/6 Mage days which are long gone and balanced out. I don't see his request as ZOMG i can't pee vee peeeeee now. Paith is actually a talented PvPer who has been for quite some time. This is a balance issue. Which I agree with..however the question remains how? Because chiv 4/6 heal/cleanse is in fact OP. I can go afk and not die 2v1...that's not balanced that's crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed.. but lets keep this thread to just remove curse as it will spiral out of control if the whole lot of spells are brought up. I made a separate thread for that.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very much agree that PvP is well balanced at this time. Skills and the application of of highly defensive templates that are weak on damage output but hard to kill have been a large part of that. Tweaks that make sense have also been a large part and a break from nerfing a entire skill or template in a misguided attempt to bring balance. High end items being easily obtainable by anyone willing to go farm them or dumb enough to spend billions on them have leveled the field a lot as well. Bottom line is people cry for balance in order to achieve imbalance that benefits their individual playstyle and template. Then use the argument that anyone who opposes it is a idiot that doesn't understand PvP. You are dead on though PvP is well balanced and PvM is well balanced despite the power creep over the years. We really are about as good balance wise as we have ever been.
I quote the perfect argument . U paithan...cry for a nerf just to make the game unbalanced again to your favour. Funny

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The chiv chars are defensive, but try to kill someone 1vs1 with a chiv char!!!!! it's very hard. U cry because u want to kill anyone Within few seconds making the game unbalanced again

Again, this is not about chiv. It already has a super fast heal, cure, and dispel. This is about the balancing of speed for remove curse. I am not sure why you can't grasp this.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My argument is simple.

Remove curse removes far too many curses AND is 2x (minimum) faster than all the curses out there. There needs to be balance. Hope that clears it up for you, bud.
Problem is you are expressing an opinion. Just because that is how you feel does not make it fact.

As far as I am concerned curse removal should be stronger when executed by a paladin... I mean after all they are paladins.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem is you are expressing an opinion. Just because that is how you feel does not make it fact.

As far as I am concerned curse removal should be stronger when executed by a paladin... I mean after all they are paladins.
Ok, if the remove curse is that much stronger than all of the other curses- the trade off is it is slowed down.

That is kind of how this game works. More powerful spells=longer cast.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yep that perfectly summed up why it can remove multiple curses at twice the speed of any of the curses. Bringing up some good points my man.
Maybe I'm reading into this wrong but I'm pretty sure he's just telling you to add it to your template instead of nerfing it.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe I'm reading into this wrong but I'm pretty sure he's just telling you to add it to your template instead of nerfing it.
Yes. That is exactly what he was saying. I was being sarcastic with my response. It did not argue the merit of it in the least bit.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well i think the answer is you can add chivalry to your character seeing as how all powerful it is.
Except he says he has no problem living through Chiv-users.

Ok, if the remove curse is that much stronger than all of the other curses- the trade off is it is slowed down.

That is kind of how this game works. More powerful spells=longer cast.
"More Powerful spells = Longer cast"... with damaging and healing spells, Yes... Remove Curse is neither.

Remove Curse isn't "more powerful" than any of the curses it removes. Hence why people.... remove.... curses.

Do you apple when you're effected by weaken, clumsy, or feeble mind? would you cast remove curse if you were?

The best part of this whole discussion, is I'd actually benefit from remove curse being nerfed in any way.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean for him is cool to cast ONE or TWO curse ...lower the resist of a target to 60 and have 5 archers moving shotting u down with a poison dmg composite.....within two screens dealing 50 dmg on the run.... Per single shot....No OP... Ok

At least a fast remove curse gives u a chance to stay alive

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except he says he has no problem living through Chiv-users.

"More Powerful spells = Longer cast"... with damaging and healing spells, Yes... Remove Curse is neither.

Remove Curse isn't "more powerful" than any of the curses it removes. Hence why people.... remove.... curses.

Do you apple when you're effected by weaken, clumsy, or feeble mind? would you cast remove curse if you were?

The best part of this whole discussion, is I'd actually benefit from remove curse being nerfed in any way.
A spell that is 2x faster than any of the curses and can remove multiple curses- That is most certainly the definition of a more powerful spell. It does not need to deal damage to be more powerful.

You can't comment on how I play seeing as how you haven't seen me on in many months- that being said- i ABSOLUTELY would play or play with someone that is abusing a broken/powerful mechanic of the game that others are using as well. Until it gets fixed- you have to fight fire with fire. I will lobby for balance in the mean time.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean for him is cool to cast ONE or TWO curse ...lower the resist of a target to 60 and have 5 archers moving shotting u down with a poison dmg composite.....within two screens dealing 50 dmg on the run.... Per single shot....No OP... Ok

At least a fast remove curse gives u a chance to stay alive

It sounds like you have a problem with moving shot. You can have 5 mages flame strike you when cursed and you will die too. But again, you are talking about something that has nothing to do with remove curse cast speed and effectiveness vs the curses.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
U and prolly a couple of your friends are the only one crying for a spell that is here since 13 years.... Wake up please, u cannot always win every fight. Just make some paladins if u feel them so OP rofl...( spells of 2003...) hilarious

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A spell that is 2x faster than any of the curses and can remove multiple curses- That is most certainly the definition of a more powerful spell. It does not need to deal damage to be more powerful.

You can't comment on how I play seeing as how you haven't seen me on in many months- that being said- i ABSOLUTELY would play or play with someone that is abusing a broken/powerful mechanic of the game that others are using as well. Until it gets fixed- you have to fight fire with fire. I will lobby for balance in the mean time.
I can comment on how you play, I've played with you, very long ago.... and against you, (yea it's been about 2 months or so, (i haven't been actively playing UO as much lately).

But to say you absolutely would be abusing broken mechanics if they existed.... you did with the curse bug, you wouldn't fight without it... infact everyone that pvps with an against you knows it.

Your entire pvp as of the last ~6 months has been to curse/debuff people as the two or more Archers in your guild running-shot people down. It's a hell of a shocker you want one of the only things that CAN defend against that to be nerfed. I figured you'd probably try to transition into a focused necromancy to use corpse skin the same way- I'll save you some time,it's less beneficial for your group to do that.

I'd also hate to say it, but adjusting Parry the way I suggested it -tie it to a weapon skill (Wrestling/Anatomy, do not count as "weapon skills") would fix the only 4/6 chivalry template your group would EVER have a problem fighting, not only would it reduce their parry chance (vs weapons), it would also cut the damage of holy-fist.

But guess what, it would also nerf the character you play most.... "Healing,Anatomy, Parry-mage"- another shocker, I know....
come to think of it, you stack a lot of defensive skills for someone who only curses, people.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
U have a mage with alchemy And healing and parry.... And u cry for one spell of a dexer.... Rofl

I knew I was missing something, Alchemy, low/no med... tisk tisk...

No wonder he's crying about not being able to kill someone with remove curse, he'd run out of mana before he can make any progression in a fight vs 4/6.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can comment on how you play, I've played with you, very long ago.... and against you, (yea it's been about 2 months or so, (i haven't been actively playing UO as much lately).

But to say you absolutely would be abusing broken mechanics if they existed.... you did with the curse bug, you wouldn't fight without it... infact everyone that pvps with an against you knows it.

Your entire pvp as of the last ~6 months has been to curse/debuff people as the two or more Archers in your guild running-shot people down. It's a hell of a shocker you want one of the only things that CAN defend against that to be nerfed. I figured you'd probably try to transition into a focused necromancy to use corpse skin the same way- I'll save you some time,it's less beneficial for your group to do that.

I'd also hate to say it, but adjusting Parry the way I suggested it -tie it to a weapon skill (Wrestling/Anatomy, do not count as "weapon skills") would fix the only 4/6 chivalry template your group would EVER have a problem fighting, not only would it reduce their parry chance (vs weapons), it would also cut the damage of holy-fist.

But guess what, it would also nerf the character you play most.... "Healing,Anatomy, Parry-mage"- another shocker, I know....
come to think of it, you stack a lot of defensive skills for someone who only curses, people.
Umm.. I haven't played in about 5 months. lol. When I did play I pvped solo and with one other person quite often. But you clearly know more than me about my pvp (again irrelevant).

And I said I absolutely WOULD abuse a mechanic. Unfortunately it is the only way to get things fixed. I cursed bugged just as much as anyone else. Was I happy as f when they fixed it? You better believe it.

So great post man.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
U have a mage with alchemy And healing and parry.... And u cry for one spell of a dexer.... Rofl

I will only respond to your posts that have any relevance with why remove curse is 2x faster than all the curses and can remove multiple curses at once. Deflection is a bad look.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lies lies as always. You just complain about the only thing that can counter your pvp tactics with your archer army. And it's something created in 2003 , u make me laugh haha

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I knew I was missing something, Alchemy, low/no med... tisk tisk...

No wonder he's crying about not being able to kill someone with remove curse, he'd run out of mana before he can make any progression in a fight vs 4/6.
I've said nothing about killing anyone with remove curse.

I have compared it to the curses it removes. That is it. And it is not even close how much more powerful it is than the curses it removes.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And I said I absolutely WOULD abuse a mechanic. Unfortunately it is the only way to get things fixed. I cursed bugged just as much as anyone else. Was I happy as f when they fixed it? You better believe it.

So great post man.
That's what I said, "would" because you did, the last time I pvped on atlantic you were there with Tervor, De leet ed, diddles & TJ.

I never said you were or weren't happy it was fixed. nor do disagree with it either. -it's irrelevant ... nice post man.

Btw, reducing the cast time of Remove Curse is effected by any and all possible forms of damage & interrupts. so A N Y T H I N G that does so, is relevant to this discussion.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He loves playing with 5 archers who deal 50 dmg per moving shot after curse

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
P.s. The only way they begin to lose fights is when I log on on my chiv char and counter their whole crew. Pretty funny

Nobody on UO can field 5 archers with such good items And experience and speed... Paithan has to curse, weaken spam and xheal, nothing else

Try to fight them with 5 mages u will end up mortaled moving shotted down , they can deal 250 dmg on the run every second

I find it funny that HE TALKS lol...to make the game unbalanced... Totally to his crew

Status
Not open for further replies.