• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

3rd and 4th Floor Castle Decorating Contest

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
With the introduction of custom tiles for castles and keeps and the ability to create third and fourth floors on castles and keeps, we bring to you a contest where you can design your own floor(s) for entry into this contest.

This contest, sponsored by Lord Nabin, is just for the floors that can be added above a castle plot, giving you complete free reign. You can chose to enter either floor three or floor four or both floors and max out your entries.

Rules for the contest is as follows:

1. This contest is for castle owners who have created a third or fourth custom floor for their castle. This gives them an open 31×31 area to play with.
  2. You must own the castle you are entering into the contest.
  3. You may have up to, but not exceeding 2 entries into the contest. This can be the third and fourth floor from the same castle or one floor each from two castles. Up to you.
  4. Submissions must be located on an official Ultima Online servers; free shards are not eligible for any of these contests.
  5. Submit screenshot(s) of your floors via one of the following methods:
    A. Post to the threads for this contest on Stratics Home and Gardens, UO Forums Home and Castles forums, or UOGuide’s forums.
    B. Email to [email protected] with the subject Castle Customization Contest
    C. ICQ me to take screenshots of your submission.
  6. With your submission you must include shard, location of castle and owner name.
Prizes will be distributed based on the number of winners as follows:
5 entries
75 mil 1st
50 mil 2nd
25 mil 3rd

10 entries
150 mil 1st
100 mil 2cnd
50 mil 3rd

15 entries +
500 mil first
350 mil 2cnd
150 mil 3rd

Note: You cannot hire me to raise the floors for you on this contest.

Contest ends June 12, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. CST. That means you have a month to get it done.

Original post here: 3rd and 4th Floor Castle Decorating Contest

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The floors have to be made with the new customized floor no goza mats ?
The roofs on the castle do not count have the 3rd floor?
I will have to build above the roof tops for it to count has the 3rd floor?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The roofs will count as a third floor, but we're looking for a fully designed floor, so having the floor tiles all raised for the third floor wouldbe good, but not required.
You can use goza mats, but we're also looking at the cutomization that can be done with the craftable tiles - rooms, platforms, etc.

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are you only looking at the use of walls, floors etc. Or are you looking for fully decorated castles?

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On the castle I am working on, I am building a town. A bunch of buildings, houses, rock work, water work, ect will be done.. For the castle design, I have a base floor that is the 3rd floor. Then i have one part that is at like 2 and a half floor level. Then I have parts that are higher then the 3rd floor. When you are on the 3rd floor you can/will be able to see the whole design in its full. except inside the buildings.
Would this be eligible?
I am at work now and cant post a picture. but I can post one when i get home 2night. if it would help to see it more then me trying to explain it lol

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Are you only looking at the use of walls, floors etc. Or are you looking for fully decorated castles?
All of the above. Use of walls, floors and decorations.

On the castle I am working on, I am building a town. A bunch of buildings, houses, rock work, water work, ect will be done.. For the castle design, I have a base floor that is the 3rd floor. Then i have one part that is at like 2 and a half floor level. Then I have parts that are higher then the 3rd floor. When you are on the 3rd floor you can/will be able to see the whole design in its full. except inside the buildings.
Would this be eligible?
I am at work now and cant post a picture. but I can post one when i get home 2night. if it would help to see it more then me trying to explain it lol
I think it would qualify. That sounds really cool and I look forward to seeing it.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The roofs will count as a third floor, but we're looking for a fully designed floor, so having the floor tiles all raised for the third floor wouldbe good, but not required.
You can use goza mats, but we're also looking at the cutomization that can be done with the craftable tiles - rooms, platforms, etc.
custom tiles end up in house crate when raised to 3rd floor really don't like the goza look so I'll raise them up has far as I can.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
custom tiles end up in house crate when raised to 3rd floor really don't like the goza look so I'll raise them up has far as I can.
I've done two castles where the floors were done with custom tiles and they didn't go into the crate. You have to check to make sure you aren't above 74 high on the z axis. But they are fine on the third floor.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've done two castles where the floors were done with custom tiles and they didn't go into the crate. You have to check to make sure you aren't above 74 high on the z axis. But they are fine on the third floor.
roof tops are fine its around the roof tops

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
roof tops are fine its around the roof tops
I placed walls on the third floor and half walls on the fourth floor and they stayed. Kyronix said on the walls if they bounce back into your pack then they can't be placed because they're too high, but if they place, they're fine.

This one took approximately two weeks to do - limited time on nights and then weekends to finish the walls and start 4th floor:
UO Home Decor - Commission is only for creating the... | Facebook

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I placed walls on the third floor and half walls on the fourth floor and they stayed. Kyronix said on the walls if they bounce back into your pack then they can't be placed because they're too high, but if they place, they're fine.

This one took approximately two weeks to do - limited time on nights and then weekends to finish the walls and start 4th floor:
UO Home Decor - Commission is only for creating the... | Facebook
I figured it out
The center roof is 3rd floor so when I raise the tiles up I'm making the 4th floor. When I placed the walls, and put tiles above the walls the tiles ended up in my crate next morning. I just wasn't thinking clearly at this time lol. I'm gonna have to go goza or lower the 4th floor.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Check to see what level your floor is at. If it is at 74 or 75 high, that would prevent it from having the walls. If you can lower it by a couple tiles (and not affect the third floor) you should be able to place.

The downside - and a lesson I have learned - is where your castles and keeps are located will depend on how high you can build. In theory, fifth floor falls in at 74/75 on the Z axis. But if you are like one of my clients, and your house is 8 tiles higher than my house is, you can't build as many floors.

I have a post here with information found on the forums as well as things I discovered that explain it better: Castle/Keep Floor Height Information

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kayhynn
@Lord Nabin
Great Lakes
1st picture shows owner
polarfl0.jpg
2nd. shows location
polarfl5.jpg
3rd picture shows 1st floor
polarfl1.jpg
4th picture show 2nd floor
polarfl2.jpg
5th picture shows 3rd floor with hidden room
on center roof
polarfl3.jpg
6th picture show 4th floor center roof
polarfl4.jpg

Last edited:

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
im so mad at myself, I thought I had til the 15th. oh well. cant wait to see all the pictures.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm checking all the forums but right now, only 4 total entries, 2 from 2 people. :(

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
im so mad at myself, I thought I had til the 15th. oh well. cant wait to see all the pictures.
@Kayhynn
This is about having fun, and showing off your decorations to others. I really don't mind if you want to let Sellingahouse enter his castle into the contest even though the time was up on the 12th.

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Would have loved to have mine done - but its simply to big of a task go gather all the required deco on other shards than Atlantic :/ And not being "old enough" to get transfer shields, it became to expensive for me to transfer all the stuff I needed, eventhough I have most of it on a character on Atlantic, but my castle is on Europa :/

Maybe next time! :)
Looking forward to see the ones that did get done though. Will hopefully also give some inspiration to continue my own.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Sadly I just saw this thread -- contest still gong, or is it over? ( see post for yesterday w/ submissions, but it ended 3 days ago??)

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I didn't mean anything negative by it, I just wanted to share mine too -- didn't know if it'd be frowned upon in here.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
ohh, i confused the end date... i thought end of the month somehow, looks i mixed it up with the "you got mostly a month to finish" or so. damn

well if anyone likes to see i am happy to post it (ofc without disturbing the contest)

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Things have been a little hectic with what's going on with my husband and I havent' had a chance to sit down and discuss with Nabin the prizes and how he's delivering them. I will attempt again this weekend since all family will be gone this weekend.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I went to face book to see the designs. I dont have face book so the thingy pops up wanting me to sign up or sign in. I check later. Then that thing goes half way down the page and I cant see all of it. So no checking them our for me..

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still working on my 2 castles ..this competition was too early for me. I hope to get some pictures made in the future. I enjoy the work so much I just wont rush it! ;)

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Would this be eligible?
Your castle is soooooo awesome