• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

:(

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
" Update: UO Classic will be permanently disabled after tonight's update. This is necessary to avoid bugs during the update."

:bs:

Bring it back, please!

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
" Update: UO Classic will be permanently disabled after tonight's update. This is necessary to avoid bugs during the update."

Bring it back, please!
you can select it near the bottom left of the page (just above the words "About Us")

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
you can select it near the bottom left of the page (just above the words "About Us")
No, not anymore!

Which part of "UO Classic will be permanently disabled" did you not understand? :wink:

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both the new themes are horrifically ugly. Hope they add some more soon :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No you can't, there are a stratics classic but it's way to bright and hurt my eyes
This can't be said enough times! I tried it on my tablet, but even at just 25% brightness it was like looking into the sun.

Blue Steel (omg the name :facepalm: ) is just way too depressing.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RIP!!! I'm using the "new" classic and there is something about it that's just not as nice. Maybe its the fact there is no real separation between each post.

Reactions: Vor

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i think i burned my eyes.

why must things change?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
interesting.... when you do like Cojac says in there is classic and cold steel and then there is classic stratics, that one is the old one!

and it works!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I feel homeless, can't stand any of the styles :(

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran

Bring it back, please!
I was able to get it going again, but I can't guarantee that it will work in the future... As usual, select it from the lower left corner.

The underlying software is changing and the theme isn't keeping up. If you have suggestions for improving the replacement Classic theme, please provide them here because this will eventually be what we are left with: http://stratics.com/forums/stratics-suggestions-and-ideas.1008/

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
I was able to get it going again, but I can't guarantee that it will work in the future... As usual, select it from the lower left corner.

The underlying software is changing and the theme isn't keeping up. If you have suggestions for improving the replacement Classic theme, please provide them here because this will eventually be what we are left with: http://stratics.com/forums/stratics-suggestions-and-ideas.1008/
Thank you, thank you, thank you! :thumbup:

@FrejaSP It's back! :smile2:

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Ron, I don't mind the newer classic look. Is it possible to put a slight gap between the posts though?

I have mocked this up to hopefully explain what I mean.

Current setup on the left, with a gap on the right.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hi Ron, I don't mind the newer classic look. Is it possible to put a slight gap between the posts though?

I have mocked this up to hopefully explain what I mean.

Current setup on the left, with a gap on the right.

I'll look, but I don't think so...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

Thanks, it sure look a lot better than the others.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I can handle it. At least it doesn't feel like I'm trying to read or post in a dark room.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
There are 2 thing with the Stratics Classic, that make it a pain, it's to bright and the top of the forum is a mess, that use alot of space, even when you made the Stratics logo very small. It just don't have style :p

New_style.jpg Old_style.jpg

New_style_p.jpg Old_style_p.jpg

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
let's face it, when you look at them side by side like that, ... this was a "downgrade"

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
@Ron Bron

I've made a quick mock-up to illustrate a color theme that might be a little more easy on the eyes.:smile2:

ForumColors.png

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Both, I think...

Can you change the colors of Blue Steel? Make a light version of it? Its layout is much better than the others, the colors are just far too gloomy.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Learn CSS... really learn it. That is all that is necessary to do things.

Scrap the "old" classic, but learn the CSS to get that feel with the "new" classic. After all, the core of that theme will never be updated again (or will cost you plenty) - but CSS will always be acceptable.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
CSS is a web design language that works with HTML and XML. It stands for Cascading Style Sheets.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just an Update for you guys, We've heard you and this has been re-opened. I've been tasked with working on tweaking the Classic Theme to make it more similar to the UO Classic theme. There are a couple of things I do want to point out though.

• Any updated version will be based on the same stock style as Classic, meaning it will have the same style of header, footer, and sidebar
  • This is purely an aesthetic project, meaning it is based on getting the color theme of the UO Classic theme set up and working on the New base theme.
I'll see about throwing up some Screenshots of what I have in the works once I have the approval of the Boss.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
UOClassicUpdate.png UOClassicUpdate2.png UOClassicUpdate3.png

Here's a couple of screenshots of what I'm working on from our Test Box. The final form will probably look pretty much like this, but I thought I'd throw it out there for you guys to have a look at.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
All right guys! I've got a new Style uploaded and available for everyone to try out. This one is called "UO Modern Classic" this is an opportunity for the community to help provide suggestions for tweaking, and eventually it will be replacing the UO Classic Theme.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The colors are much better. Well done.
Are there a wide screen version too? 5 cm in each side are to much, I have 0.8 cm in UO Classic, I think.
Also, there are still 10-12 cm at top before the forum/post start, that's far to much. UO Classic feels more clean.

Did not want to sound negative. I believe I can live with it, when UO Classics crash but I hope to keep UO Classics as I really love it

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Modern Classic is definitely an improvement.

However, the alternating colors between replies in a topic is so too much. It should be much more subtle.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm a fan, though with JC that the alternating colors between posts should be closer together.