• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] 30% splintering bokutou

Julias Edo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have a question.

My friends had.
rare weapon?

Is this the item is how much?

Bokutou

Brittle
Splintering Weapon 30%
Hit Fire Area 20%
Hit Fireball 60%
Hit Stamina Leech 50%
Dexterity Bonus 4
Stamina Increase 4
Damage Increase 32%
Physical Damage 60%
Cold Damage 40%

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
From what I see there are some issues which will kill the price.

1 brittle. Cant be poffed. Dont last forever
2 hit Fireball. From what I know Fireball will kill the nerve Strike para.

But I maybe wrong

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

But I maybe wrong
No ur right finley, hit fireball kills the nerv strike, hit harm/lightning dont

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is misinformation in this thread. According to UOGuide, paralysis inflicted by nerve strike lasts about two seconds.

In the video, I am not letting go of my right mouse button. You can see that the target is hit with fireball, and the paralysis lasts for about 2 seconds. The fireball hits at approx 1.5 seconds and the target moves again at 2.0 seconds.

Brittle is the only negative with this weapon. If a murderer uses it, the hit area will be a negative as well.

Brittle on a 30% splintering weapon kills it.

EDIT: By the way, this is the second time I'm posting this information on the forum. I've tested this before about a year ago, even with the splintering bleed.

Last edited:

Weasel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

But I maybe wrong
@Finley Grant the splintering already ruins the nerve stike para, so basically may aswell add it on to the ruin !

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Finley Grant the splintering already ruins the nerve stike para, so basically may aswell add it on to the ruin !
No, it doesn't. Nerve strike paralysis lasts for the entire duration with the splintering bleed and the hit fireball.

The only real thing wrong with this weapon is that it's brittle with 30% splintering, it won't last long.

Last edited:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With normal use by a PvPer who plays on a regular basis, it should last less than a month before it becomes unusable.

With that being said, I think 20m is an average price for a brittle 30% splintering weapon. In the case of this being a bokuto (rare to see 30% splintering bokuto) I'd say 30m max.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Nice weapon to play around, but as mentioned before by others 30%Splint + Brittle, means the wep will destroy itself very very quick, If someone offers you 20-30m take it, I would of priced it around 5-10m as it has no HLA/HLD, so another reason why this weapon although 30 splinter is not as good as it could be. Yet still I say good find and goodluck with the sale and get the most gold out of it as possible.