• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*2v2 Pure Mage Trinsic Championship - PVP Tournament*

CCCP Orion

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
2v2 Pure Mage Trinsic Championship
Updated Format

Date: Saturday, March 4th 6:00 PM Pacific Standard Time

Tournament Rules
8 Teams Minimum - (2v2 format will default to a special format announced on tournament day if not enough 2v2 participants register)

2v2 Pure Mage
This Format Will be 2v2 Mage vs Mage Only

- No Nox - No Necro -No Healing - No Contact Disruption
(you get the idea) (Magery Spells only)
SKILLS ALLOWED:
Magery
Eval
Meditation
Resist Spells
- Each team at the time of their respective turns will be given a suit to wear, along with a spell channeling Lantern.

-Suit Stats are as follows:

All 70's resists, 100 LRC, 40 LMC, 29 SDI, 9MR, 4HPR 16MI, 10HPI, 10 INT, 2/6 casting
-No Pots, No Pets, No Consumables, No Buffs.

(Use of any of the above items is grounds for immediate disqualification) Double Elimination or best of 3 will be determined closer to the start date.
PRIZES

1st Place

2 Billion Gold + Items featured below
(Unique - Cannot be replicated)

2nd Place

400 Million Gold + Items Featured Below

Tournament Ground Rules
All Competitors must abide by these following rules at all times within the Tournament Grounds.

- No attacking current players dueling (This includes any and all spells, items, ward removal, or any other form of manipulation).*
Competitors MAY NOT bring anything in their backpack into the tournament grounds, other than what your character is wearing.
(Remove ANY Talismans, Weapons and consumables from your character)
All Competitors subject to ‘snoop’ prior to and during the event.
- No attacking Competitors within the Tournament Grounds waiting for their round.
All players during the current round and throughout the tournament are asked to stand in their positions and be respectful of the current duel/transition period into the next round without interference (refer above)*
INNABILITY TO ABIDE BY TOURNAMENT GROUND RULES WILL RESULT IN SWIFT REMOVAL AND DISQUALIFICATION.

Spectators/VIP Seating

- There are a total of 20 VIP seats available for this tournament.
(Once these seats go that's it)

- VIP Seats are priced at 25 Million per seat.
These seats give you the greatest visual interaction with the tournament.
You will be able to see all spells casted, and all chat.
Funds will be rolled over into future tournaments (this is your way to contribute to this cause).
All VIP Spectators must abide by these following rules at all times within the tournament grounds.

VIP Seating. ICQ Orion at 619003242 - This is a private event. Once these 20 seats go t

- No attacking ANYONE seated in VIP or within tournament grounds (This includes any and all spells, items, ward removal, or any other form of manipulation).*
Spectators MAY NOT bring anything in their backpack into the VIP seating, other than what your character is wearing.
(Do not bring ANY Talismans, Weapons, or Consumables on your character)
All Spectators subject to ‘snoop’ prior to event start and continuously during the event. No entry for any VIPs attempting to bring in weapons, talisman, potions, bandages petals, apples or any items that cause negative or beneficiary actions to players.
- There will be a free standing room only area available on the Top section of the arena. This area is completely walled in and cannot see spell casting/is very small.

THESE RULES ARE PUT IN PLACE TO ELIMINATE CHEATING, INTERFERENCE AND TO ENSURE A FAIR TOURNAMENT FOR ALL PARTICPANTS. THE INNABILITY TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN SWIFT REMOVAL FROM THE EVENT. THIS INCLUDES VIP SEATING. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN.

Contact Information

For Tournament entry and VIP Seating - Orion - ICQ 619003242
Registration for Tournament entry closes 2-24-17 at 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time NO EXCEPTIONS

Tournament Brackets will be posted on the morning of the event

Teams Registered
Goku / Vegeta - Dragon Ball Z

Carter / Hey Arnold - Luna Boys

Gwin / Moose - 2.0

Aeyko / Plus 1

Merkd / Forsaken - Luna Boys

Sensu / Boadi

Raj Ahten / Rokudenashi - Bash Bro's

Last edited:

Legendary Rick

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Im pretty sure Orion listed 6 skills in the list that are allowed (pretty easy to understand the temp). Those 6 skills.... lol

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Im pretty sure Orion listed 6 skills in the list that are allowed (pretty easy to understand the temp). Those 6 skills.... lol
He actually didn't and since you play an archer you have no experience with 'pure mage duels'. Focus is never allowed and neither is inscription. But it is his tournament so he calls the shots. Glad you posted something insightful though!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Am I blind or does it not say anywhere what shard this is on ? I'm going to assume Atl.

:pirate:

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@CCCP Orion Good on you for putting on what appears to be a VERY lucrative event for the winners.

I would like to reserve 2 VIP seats if available, as well as be put on the list for contributing prizes/gold for future tournaments. Can never be too many player run events.

CCCP Orion

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@hungry4knowhow i have marked you down! There are around 13 seats left and 1 week left until the event!

I apologize for not addressing it in the post but yes, the tournament will be held on Atlantic.

CCCP Orion

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Date for the event has been pushed back 1 day. It is now Sunday the 26th! This seems to work better in terms of scheduling real life matters for everyone.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Date for the event has been pushed back 1 day. It is now Sunday the 26th! This seems to work better in terms of scheduling real life matters for everyone.
You know that will Most likely leave out everyone from Europe ?! Sunday 9pm Eastern US is 2-4am for Euro folks.

Just saying.

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe someone should stream this on Twitch or something too to maximize the number of people who can watch this either live on via the VOD, if they're interested.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
How elite are you?
I'm the best. Join and find out.... Or anytime you think you're on your game, I've got unlimited gold that says I beat you best of 3 field or pure. Let's see if you've got any sand to even show to the 2v2 pure tourney.

merkd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm the best. Join and find out.... Or anytime you think you're on your game, I've got unlimited gold that says I beat you best of 3 field or pure. Let's see if you've got any sand to even show to the 2v2 pure tourney.
I'm in it lol.... But that is a 2v2.. good die though to a career dexer

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
So you get a fluke win by AI while I toy with you not healing, then die back to back afterwards once in literally 30 seconds bc I wasn't toying with you and you're proud? Cute.

I noticed you ducked the comment to pure or field me for gold... Every single person in UO knows why that would be the case. On occasion I'll horse around and possibly die in a friendly playing around fight. If I do die, I typically turn right back around and demolish said person, hence why you died in 30 seconds or less the second fight. For gold, I won't fool around and I'll end you quickly. You know this, I know this. Good game though. See you at the 2v2, whatever team you'll be on I will request for the first round. I'll put you out early.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Quick update on the MerkD chronicles. The kid flags me while I'm on icq at yew gate, builds his sash up on me. I come back to Uo screen and I call 1v1 for everyone around watching and he says "Lemme turn my cam on"... I stop attacking and let him turn it on... 20 seconds later upload_2017-2-25_12-18-52.png

Get used to that face down ass up. I'll see you at the tourney sweetheart, first round K.O.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Quick update on the MerkD chronicles. The kid flags me while I'm on icq at yew gate, builds his sash up on me. I come back to Uo screen and I call 1v1 for everyone around watching and he says "Lemme turn my cam on"... I stop attacking and let him turn it on... 20 seconds later View attachment 62736

Get used to that face down ass up. I'll see you at the tourney sweetheart, first round K.O.

merkd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Don't worry all. the video will be uploaded to that other forum soon.. so everyone can enjoy the "best mage" in game get slapped by one of the worst.

Last edited:

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
You know you're the best when two players take time to make a video outlining losing 5 fights and getting 2 fluke skin of their teeth wins due to potions.... @virem @merkd Kudos to you guys, but 2 out of 5 isn't winning. It's a LOSING. I'll put any amount of gold you guys would like best of 3. Let's see if you man up.

CCCP Orion

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I will appreciate you fine gentlemen to keep your personal discussions elsewhere. Lets use this thread simply for inquiries in regards to the event. This isn't the thread for video posts / making jabs at one another.

Let's clean it up. Thank you for the understanding.

CCCP Orion

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have made one final extention to the tournament to allow as many players to enter as possible.

Grand Prize for 1st place has been increased to 2 BILLION GOLD.

This tournament will be happening on the date set above regardless. If we do not have enough teams for the format listed above, there will be a default format implemented at tournament start.

All the best.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This thread has been cleaned up a bit, a few posts have been removed and one was edited to remove the name of an illegal program.

Please keep the thread on topic, and keep personal drama to PM's.