• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2nd Annual Holiday House Decoration Contest!

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We're back for another year of House decorating fun!

The rules are simple...

Design your house with a holiday theme and drop a rune in the Hall of Commons Mailbox. The deadline for entries is December 25th at 11:59pm ET.

Following the conclusion of the entry period all entries will be judged by the EM team and a winner will be declared!

Good Luck!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Design your house with a holiday theme and drop a rune in the Hall of Commons Mailbox. The deadline for entries is December 25th at 11:59pm ET.
What exactly counts as "Your" house. Like I am paying for someones account with my credit card so is that considered my house? I designed and decorated it, so can I enter it into the decoration contest?

T

Tancred RedStar

Could the runes to the entrants be placed in a runebook at the HoC after the contest is judged so people can visit these creative works?

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Could the runes to the entrants be placed in a runebook at the HoC after the contest is judged so people can visit these creative works?
Redstar just wants to unplug my tree :p

Jokes aside I like that idea and im glade I can enter this house

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye Tancred, that was the idea...nobody has submitted anything yet though :(

T

Tancred RedStar

Sorry, I suck at deco or I would enter! I'm so bad people might think I'm going for a hoarder house from one of those tv shows or Halloween instead of Christmas, lol

I will try and pester Hyssmaye Erley and Sweet Dreams in Gyldenfeld, I know they are into that stuff :)

N

Nastia Cross

Can I send you a picture of my house from last year? LOL

Seriously though, I've been baking like the Keebler elves so the most I did was put lights up on one house. I wish I would have had the time to do more and submit an entry.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I put my rune in a Red gift box with a book and placed it in the mailbox for the contest.

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When will the winner be announced? I dropped a rune to my house off on Friday before I left town for the holidays. I wasn't sure if I missed the announcement while I was gone.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
If I move a item over, up or anything does that disqualify me?

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many houses were entered? And, are there runes to them so we can view them while they are still all Christmased out?

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
If you have time the Fairgrounds could use a little cleaning :) Since I cannot deport you figured id try to make you clean lol

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did find the 3 entrants runes at a house which I assumed was the house to drop off our runes to. Maybe I stuck my rune in the wrong house or wrong mailbox or whatevers.

Tis too late now, my guildmate and I [are exchanging our homes], so my big Christmas decorated home that was NW Brit above Lord British's moat, is being packed up and put away, as of tonite.

Sorry I missed *wherever* we were supposed to drop off our runes, but I did drop one off. Oh well, according to my bulletin board, quite a few citizens have toured it anyhow and liked it. I had 3 floors decorated and open to the public for all of Dec. So all is well and good, that some folks toured it before tonite cuz now I am packing it all away, and moving.

I think the only screen shot [of part of it, the rooftop] is on the PaxLair forum or was, cuz Winfield must have taken a picture, or someone had, and a picture of my Christmas home, was posted on their forum.

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have no fear! I will stop by and snap some shots so it can be included...I'm sure its lovely, all the entries are so good!

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just popped by the house and it seems you've already packed things up. This is unfortunate because it looked like it was a very good design, I especially liked the tree on the roof. I also went through the mailbox and couldn't find a rune, which did you drop it off in?

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put it in the mailbox on the front porch area...if I got the correct EM house. :) It was some big EM lookin house that is almost my neighbor by Brit moongate is where I dropped of the rune, where 3 runes showing where houses are...IS ! :) Front mailbox is where I put me rune. *too late now though*

Aye I had to move fast. I enlisted my guild mate from Siege to come try Chesapeake. Well one thing led to another, and she has taken over my Pitmuck island home and I have taken over her Brit house. Her Britain house was about to go greatly on us so we transferred it to my Queen Zen yesterday.

That started the decaying process on my house..so aye unfortunate. Even I wish I would have taken screen shots per floor but we got pretty busy moving stuff around on our accts. past week or two. It's been difficult for us since we both have played on Siege for yrs. and she had characters on Catskills so I convinced her to try Chesapeaks and she been transferring chrs. over from there to here. . while I been taking a couple extra homes I had on Siege to put them back HERE. 4 active accts. since 98 here on Ches. and 2004 on Siege so.. I even confuse myself as to where I am ! :)

At any rate, all snow tiles first floor was all done in valorite, granite grays, and crystal items, and sported my ancient holiday bell collection, and the porches and patios donned all my snow globes of every city etc. On the roof twas all snow and heartwood dark green which went nicely with christmas trees, and the Shrine Snowglobes on the Shrine tiles. . . with furniture in heartwood green, with the dk green tiles makin part of the floor into a christmas tree too. Wee vendor on roof, had gingerbread cookies & holiday candies & sweets all for free for one and all on me roof. Red and green lollipops decorated walkways as well as holiday candles and mistletoe. :)

2nd floor was public too, all done up in snow tiles and bloodwood red with fire places all aglow on every floor and the *red floor* sporting poinsettias and blood wood furnitures and more christmas deco items.

Ah maybe NEXT YEAR when my guild mate and I are not exchanging our homes locations with one an other.

I did have it up and running public, here, since about Dec. 4th or so.

At any rate still moving into being my own neighbor, just above the Brit moongate tram side...side by side homes together now. The Queen has moved next to her blacksmith's home, in the home, which my guild mate had held. And she has moved to my former Pitmuck isle home.

Sorry to disappoint ALL THE PEOPLE that kept recallin in to see if the house next to my blacksmith was going IDOC or not...it was just being emptied and refilled again between guildmates changing our locations. Sorry no IDOC by the brit moongate, the decaying house has been transferred to QZ *and the pitmcuck isle home I had has been transferred over to me guildmate.

*have we confused yall yet ? * :)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*raises hand*

Ah for future referrence, now that I am my own neighbor, if one is really bored one can now hop between the roof of my Blacksmith's home owned by Shalom Aleichem on over to the Queen Zen roof.

I was thinking of PaxLair's 13th anniversary coming up next month and how the seers back in the day connected the two towers there.

So I made hop skotch with my 12 yr. house teleporter tiles so every one can zip across the two rooftops side by side homes there set to anyone in case we all get bored some day and have nothing better to do than fly from roof to roof top ! :) The local gypsies are already doing this teleporter hop skotch on my rooftops.

The 12 yr tile on the lower PORCH though at my smith's house, goes to my Moonglow Lyceaum area house.