• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2D download available! who's checkin' out the gargoyle race

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

2D download for Stygian Abyss content now available here

.......and that HUGE dungeon?

let's hear it, what do you think?

(and if you missed it, you can patch the new Enhanced Client [SA] or download a version of 2D [BIG download!] and log into Retribution shard and see all the new goodies for yourself!)

K

kaldera4

am i wrong? it isnt possible yet to login retribution for new content yet. and the other thing: where do i find the BIG 2d client download with beta content?

A

aavie

This is what the update on the Herald says:

Open Beta Update
Chrissay Zeeman
13 Aug 2009 13:53:04

We have received a lot of feedback on getting a “head start” on the download for Open Beta. This is a lot easier than you think it is. If you are currently using the Enhanced client there should just be a small patch later on today and you are done! Yes we said done! If you haven’t tried the Enhanced client this is your opportunity to start patching today. This way you will be ready to play when we unlock Retribution for Open Beta.

If you wish to use the Classic Client, an updated installer, it will not be ready until tomorrow. This is a special installer that will allow access to Retribution.

Appearently it isn't Open Beta yet, they are just setting us up for it.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pretty sure you can just log in (if you completed yesterday's patch) with the Enhanced Client..... for 2D it was posted that a download would be available today

see here in General News on Herald

:) yah, what Aavie said

the only place you will see the new content is on the Retribution shard, and it's just for a little better than a week that it will be available

T

Tay M'real

i'm going to wait until the release on the 8th so I can be surprised - but I do have a slot for a garg character

A

aavie

Although we received the patch, they haven't unlocked Retribution yet. We have to be a little more patient. Maybe they are waiting to update the Classic client before giving us access? Not sure, but anyways, Hopefully we will be able to have access to Retribution over the weekend. They did a give a window of sometime between the 14th and the 23rd though.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*checks* No, the switch hasn't been flipped yet.

You get the character-creation gump (with elves and humans, not gargoyles) but when the client tries to log in, it fails.

K

kaldera4

im from germany its 17:30PM now. so its 14th August at worktime arount 10AM in america too. hehe hope they flip the switch soon. because i delayed my 2 week vacation 1 day only to checkout sa-content today a few hours.

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Some Installation files are corrupt" Please try a fresh download and try again. OH RLY? :thumbsup:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hope you get it sorted out, Cuda

Uriah and I went over for a look-see, ran into Spelosty and saw Aavie scoot by, so I know there's folks over there.... so, what do ya think?

and for those of you that have Vista, there are some things you need to know.... for both the Enhanced Client and the Beta 2D special client you need to run both the client and the patcher with 'run as administrator' .... also, you need to set compatibility for both to Windows XP sp 2

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hope you get it sorted out, Cuda

Uriah and I went over for a look-see, ran into Spelosty and saw Aavie scoot by, so I know there's folks over there.... so, what do ya think?

and for those of you that have Vista, there are some things you need to know.... for both the Enhanced Client and the Beta 2D special client you need to run both the client and the patcher with 'run as administrator' .... also, you need to set compatibility for both to Windows XP sp 2

Huh?
:blushing:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmmm
Well, the "enhanced client" as we now know it, no. I just downloaded, installed, clicked the desktop icon, it patched for a lifetime, then I started playing. :)
Didn't change anything, and never run it as admin, didn't know I should heheh.

As for the beta 2d version, havent downloaded it, not sure I will be, If I can figure out how to make my ethy quit twitching and spazzin in SA :p

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for the beta 2d version, havent downloaded it, not sure I will be, If I can figure out how to make my ethy quit twitching and spazzin in SA :p
Ostard? Yeah, I have no idea why but for some reason the animation for those seems to always have more than its fair share of glitches.