• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] 24 HRS ATL 7/28 Gold Flecked Graffiti Spelling Out The Words: "Humanity First!"

Kazute

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Setting this as a 24 hour auction for ATL 7/28 EM drop Gold Flecked Graffiti Spelling Out The Words: "Humanity First!". The item is located on Atlantic.

gold.jpg

Reserve: 500M
Buyout: 1 Plat
End Time: 7/29/16 10PM EST 10 minute rule in effect.

P.S. Bennu said its a blood stain type deco that hasn't been used before.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, yes and no. there a few different goblin finger paints, all have unique colors but same name and a couple different blood splatter graphics. But I believe this is the only one out there that you can currently get your hands on unless your name is pampa

Pampa DH

Lore Master
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yea. This is the only other EM drop that has used that graphic except for the goblin paints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like my borrowed graphic ''normal 'deco' blood splatter better...just saying....alas i guess some folks collect this colour stuff....good luck!!

DarkLotus[FL]

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I concur THP it sure would be nice to see some thought process into a new graphic for the event drops maybe not for every shard every month but the occasional curve ball would be nice once or twice a month

Reactions: THP

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like my borrowed graphic ''normal 'deco' blood splatter better...just saying....alas i guess some folks collect this colour stuff....good luck!!
Is this even really needed in someones auction thread? Like...if you dont like it then dont buy it.

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I concur THP it sure would be nice to see some thought process into a new graphic for the event drops maybe not for every shard every month but the occasional curve ball would be nice once or twice a month
They have had new graphics recently. The part of an oar, the legends bone thing that was part of a bloody pentagram, the GL giant Lilly pad, the statue of Poseidon? I believe it was new at the time, one more dropped since. (All I can think of off the top of my head, but I am sleep deprived)

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Statue of poseidon wasn't new. They had that aquarium easter island head as a stealable during olmec event back in the day on chessy i think. Not used often, but not new

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this even really needed in someones auction thread? Like...if you dont like it then dont buy it.
oh come on.... borrowed graphic after borrowed graphic in another neon colour and a different dumb name....leave it out....please!!

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
oh come on.... borrowed graphic after borrowed graphic in another neon colour and a different dumb name....leave it out....please!!
Borrowed graphic after borrowed graphic?

This item in particular has been used a few times for some uniques almost SIX years ago and one other unique item THREE years ago.

If THAT is your standard for an overused graphic then I don't know what to say. Do you think they will hire an artist just to make a new drop for an EM?

Last edited:

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you think they will hire an artist just to make a new drop for an EM?

Would be nice, though. It's impossible right now but hopefully down the road if UO picks back up it could happen. For right now, while in reality, it wouldn't ever happen. :(

Chanel #1

Adventurer
I actually like the classic art repurposed. Some things have such a distinct name and hue, it sets it apart from the standard graphic. Also, it allowed players to collect sets of items (e.g., 10+ pigs that have dropped over the years). I haven't been a big fan of the new art - call me old school - but I like my collection of different colored wisps, waves, and spiders. I get more excited when there's a drop that fits into a theme or set of my collection rather than a random half-ore or broken piece of a pentagram.