• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

24 hour ban

• Thread starter GilliamUO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
G

GilliamUO

I got meself a 24 hour ban this week for having bears in my house, i posted it all up on my shard forum.
But as i did it because i read a post here about Disco,

Poo thought it be a good idea to share it here incase you too are thinking about holding pens to practise your barding skills.

Heres the link please reply here and not on the shard because i just wanna let that post die.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=166435

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thanks for sharing your story with us bro.

its a good reminder to all of us that there actually ARE some GMs in game still.
and that they arnt allways the fluffly nice ones.

its also interesting to see how different GMs deal with different sittuations differentlly.

i know a few people who had the same thing happen and the GM just pulled them into jail and told them to smarten up.

thanks again for sharing with us.

Poo

W

wee papa smurf

I just noticed this post and i have a question, im training Disco and Provo on mostly ophidians and im doing it standing on a ledge and luring spawn then teleporting up, i know this has been done for years but reading this and the other post got me thinking if i get caught doing this will i get banned?!?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
My sense is that this would not get you banned, wee papa smurf, unless the GM happens to be in a really bad mood. It is normal game mechanics - not player-made stalls - that are preventing the creatures from reaching you. You should be fine.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive died many times on those ledges.

so "I" would say no.

the thing is the mob has to be able to hit ya, and the spellcasters can, and do.

but who knows.
you could argue that the avengers and knights cant get to ya.

it would be GM dependant.
and every one of them would probablly answer it differentlly.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just noticed this post and i have a question, im training Disco and Provo on mostly ophidians and im doing it standing on a ledge and luring spawn then teleporting up, i know this has been done for years but reading this and the other post got me thinking if i get caught doing this will i get banned?!?
I don't think it should be bannable. I reached 120 Archery working the ophidians from a ledge.

-Lorax

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
make that phrase into a hotkey and start spamming it when the GM come for ya, hehehehhe

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cannot trap animals or monsters in your house. Even if you are using them to train. I saw 1 guy taming all the cu's and bringing them to his house and releasing them in pens. He had like 12 there. I know a gm removed them. i don't know if the player got in trouble though.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its been ages since I did any barding, but I had similar problems with pens and GM's while tons of ppl banged out skills on Golems.

What I did was I made a uo/uoa macro to target the next mobile,discord and attack. Used it at Champ spawns.