• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2015 UO Home Decor Halloween Decorating Contest

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

It's easy to participate and is open to all official Ultima Online Shards.

1. Decorate your entire Ultima Online home or a room of your Ultima Online home in a Halloween theme.

2. Submit snapshots of your decorated home by posting it to this forum here or:
- email [email protected]
- via Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/UOHomeDecor?fref=ts

3. Entries will be accepted until Midnight PST November 1, 2014

Winners will be announced on or around November 5.

1st place design: 1 Vet reward up to year 14, 1 vet reward up to year 10.
2nd and 3rd place design get to chose between three items I have purchased from the game store (to be announced).

If we have additional sponsors, additional prizes may be added.

We look forward to your entries.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice Competition Kayhynn :) Shame i just finished decorating all my plots and im just exhausted lol.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks! I hear ya! I host competitions because I don't have time to do mine LOL

I also wanted to note, the deadline is Nov. 1 because I have a party going on at my RL house on the 31st and I know I won't be around to pay attention.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
:)
I'll see what I can do. I haven't participated in any of your contests in years and kinda miss doing that.

Which method of entry do you prefer?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Email preferred, but posting here works fine too. I'm very flexible on submissions.

I look forward to your entry :)

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Email preferred, but posting here works fine too. I'm very flexible on submissions.

I look forward to your entry :)
sent mine via email as is the preferred method. :D

good luck to everyone who participates!

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well ran out of time - used to spending months on design and decorating - oh well, it was definitely a challenge. I actually thought about continuing to work on it and submit for next year's contest but here it is.

The theme is a Sacrifice Shrine, but not the virtue. Rather this cultist witch sacrifices her victims to summon a daemon to do her bidding. The remains of her sacrifices are fed to her pet spiders as well as making a tasty soup for herself.

outside.png inside.png

Oops, missed the rather important element to the design of the Sacrifice Shrine, and that was the Ankh of Sacrifice which ended up in the moving crate after some last minute changes. I've added the photo below just to show you what it was supposed to look like.

outside.png

Last edited:

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Asuka Shard hainuko's house
MEGA STORE(UO Locator)

View attachment 38736 View attachment 38737 View attachment 38738 View attachment 38739
Youtube Video
youtube.com/watch?v=KHQiaDsEaFI

Postd for my friend
he does not have an stratics account..
Your friend needs to submit it himself. He can email it, post it on the other two forums or on Facebook and needs to be the screenshots. Submissions cannot be made on another player's behalf. If he submits it to me today, I'll include it since you posted it for him here, but he needs to email me pictures today.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your friend needs to submit it himself. He can email it, post it on the other two forums or on Facebook and needs to be the screenshots. Submissions cannot be made on another player's behalf. If he submits it to me today, I'll include it since you posted it for him here, but he needs to email me pictures today.
My friend submitted pictures to you last year on my behalf. You accepted them. I was third place I think.
So... and she told you they were for another person.

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hmm. I'm not going to have an entry instead them
Because it just introduced a nice house,sorry off topic

Thank you to entertain to display the home,
All participants good luck!

Last edited:

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
While I agree it is an awesome house design and decoration, I need the owner to submit - if forum was the only way to submit it would be one thing and I could understand blend submitting it if he could provide contact information for the person.

The problem is - I have allowed people to submit on behalf of other people before via email and forums. The difficulty then is coordinating with the winner to pick up the prize if I don't have contact information for them. This happened last year and another year where I was unable to give prizes to people because I had no contact information other than the player who submitted for them.

It's why I allow people to email me their entries, or Facebook or any forum it's posted on. I've had people email or ICQ me say "I don't know how to send screenshots so NAME is sending it to you for me." and that's totally cool too - as long as I know and have a way to contact them if they win.

If someone can offer a better idea on this - years of running contests have seen me get burned with having too many rules, having too few rules, not letting people submit through a plethora of ways, etc. - please let me know as I may be looking something over.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps commenting is inappropriate as one of the entrants but I think Kayhynn is offering more than enough ways to enter. If you can figure out how to sign up for an Internet game I'm fairly certain you can figure out how to post or send a screenshot. I'm guessing language might be a bit of a barrier in this case but i think Blend could probably help his/her friend overcome this issue.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Congratulations to the winners of the 2015 Halloween Decorating Contest. As always it was very hard to chose the winners as all of the entries were creative and unique. But we did finally make a decision. They are as follows:

1st – Kirthag’s Dark Side of Justice on Pacific
2nd – Irullia’s Sacrifice Shrine
3rd – Luzisbel’s Halloween Graveyard on Oceania

ZippyTwitch and Dream Catcher both receive honorable mentions (but no prizes, sorry).

1st place receives 1 Vet reward up to year 14, 1 vet reward up to year 10 of their choice
2nd place receives choice of Rechargeable Teleport Tiles or Haochi Pigments
3rd place receives whatever 2nd place didn’t choose.

Full article with pictures can be found here: 2015 Halloween Decorating Contest Winners

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
omg really?!?! SQUEE!!

Wait for xmas! :D

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
omg really?!?! SQUEE!!

Wait for xmas! :D
What? We have to do this again for Christmas? It's enough of a miracle that I tore down my house, started from scratch and decorated in one day - normally it takes me a year (not exaggerating). Hmm, then again, maybe if I just replace the blood splatters with icicles and the demon statue with Santa...hmm, put the severed heads in holiday boxes and hang the skeletons by the chimney with care..maybe I can make this work...think the judges will notice if I take a few shortcuts? ;)

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What? We have to do this again for Christmas? It's enough of a miracle that I tore down my house, started from scratch and decorated in one day - normally it takes me a year (not exaggerating). Hmm, then again, maybe if I just replace the blood splatters with icicles and the demon statue with Santa...hmm, put the severed heads in holiday boxes and hang the skeletons by the chimney with care..maybe I can make this work...think the judges will notice if I take a few shortcuts? ;)
Hahaha this is why my house is never ever done and never has themed decorations because I never have time to complete.

Thus I run contests and enjoy touring homes :) And decorating other people's homes.