• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TV 2014 New TV Shows

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is your favorite 2014 new TV shows

My favorites so far are the musketeers and Believe.
Which ones are yours?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
More reality cooking for me. New seasons of Hells Kitchen, Master Chef, Cutthroat Kitchen, Chopped, Worst Cooks in America, etc., etc.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is your favorite 2014 new TV shows

My favorites so far are the musketeers and Believe.
Which ones are yours?
My 2014 list includes: Face-Off, Reign, GoT & Grimm. (My guilty pleasure is Two Broke Girls..shhh). I'll add anything new this year that snags my attention. :)

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
More reality cooking for me. New seasons of Hells Kitchen, Master Chef, Cutthroat Kitchen, Chopped, Worst Cooks in America, etc., etc.
My 5 year old niece loves cooking been taking kids cooking classes since 3 years old.
Reality cooking shows just watching them would make me fatter than I am. My favorite reality shows are...
Tanked, Tree house masters, Call of the wild man, and river monster.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I lost 10 pounds when I quit watching The Food Network!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The Walking Dead, The Game of Thrones, Reign, Survivor, Sons of Anarchy, Under the Dome, Vikings, Believe, Haven, Perception, Falling Skies, Being Human, Face Off, Defiance, Revolution, Master Chef, Hells Kitchen, Dracula, The Following, Hannibal, TBBT, The Neighbors, America's Got Talent, Men at Work, anything on Science channel or Nat Geo, Deal With It.

Top Five are highlighted, rest are in no particular order. There are more shows but I can't admit to them.

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Blacklist, Black Sails, Almost Human, Growing Up Fisher, The Musketeers, Intelligence...which are new 2014 shows.

Many more that I watch via the Internet. -)

TQQdles™

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I am enjoying Almost Human as well. I hope it sticks.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are more shows but I can't admit to them.
You don't seem to be the type who can't admit to something. I mean that in a good way as in no worries of what others might think.
My 8 year old niece Emilie wouldn't admit to her friend she likes playing barbies,and she stopped playing with them, because her friend never played barbies. She is embarrass to admit it so I laughed at her. I'm like seriously you know how many of your other friends prob still play with them, and prob still play because they have little sisters or cousins that still play with them. I told her if your going to worry about admitting to things like this and stopping playing things because you might get embarrass you miss out on her fun as a child.
This is how she handled things she invited a couple friends over for a sleep over, and made them all play barbies. Now the one who never played barbies as now played barbies.
Kids around I think I watch more kids shows than adult ones
Disney JR Disney Nick JR Teen Nick most of the time its repeats through the week. Um didn't we see this show about 3 times this week. Kids movies is what I watch 98 % of the time, and that is prob why I really no idea what my favorite movie is. When I do try and watch a adult movie I lose interest in it, and never finish watching it.
I play house with my 5 year old niece.
One day I pretend to cry and say I wanna be the baby your always the baby its not fair.
she comes over to me starts patting my shoulder, and tells me in the nicest way. Your way to big to be the baby, and no possible way for me to pick you up. I'm always the baby because I'm little, and you can pick me up. The logical 5 year old thinker. This is what I do everyday yup I'm admitting to it. never a dull moment with them around.

Metro

WoW Staff Writer | WoW Moderator
Stratics Veteran
The only TV I watch is sports and Game of Thrones.
I recognize why a lot of people are into a lot of these shows, and don't mean to downplay their success, but most of what I see on TV are just predictable replayed concepts.
Of course, this is what we want some times!

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fine...I'll show how you can admit to anything if you're talking to Stratics friends -)

I also watched all the season of The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra and enjoyed it a lot. I was watching SpongeBob SquarePants long before it became the "it" cartoon to watch. I still miss the original shows Jonny Quest...before they dumbed it down with "political corrected visuals" cutting out when people got shot/punched.

I am currently watching Dragon Riders of Berk and enjoying it a lot.

I think Flutter doesn't want to admit to all the Soap Opera shows she likes....yes, keep that hidden or people may judge you! Besides, The Bold and the Beautiful is the BEST SHOW EVAR! hehe

TQQdles™

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hahaha no soap operas. But I do record Big Brother, Amazing Race, Shark Tank, America's Got Talent. Sometimes I watch The Celebrity Apprentice. My cousin was on The Voice (and won) so I watched that whole season though I usually don't watch those.
I enjoy Restaurant Steakout and Mystery Diners. I guess I like watching people get caught doing things they shouldn't be doing.
Random syfy shows like Destination Truth will always catch my interest even though mostly I am watching to see countries and places I'd never seen and never will. That and the host is hilarious.
I watch a badly acted vampire flick named The Originals. Bad writers and bad acting leaves the director with nothing to do but his best, but it's filmed in New Orleans and that place lives in my soul so...
I will watch any show that is about making fish tanks. Tanked and Tank Kings. Yeah. Love em.
Pawn stars sucked me in. I record them on the dvr.
New show Jim Henson's Creature Shop is pretty cool. I was/am a big fan of Farscape. Major Major Farscape fan.
Pit Bulls and Parolees. If I had my way in life I would own a no kill rescue shelter.
I am a tv pro. I give all new shows a chance.
I watch The Talk in the afternoon even though Sharon Osborne annoys the crap out of me.
Theres a show called "Just This Minute" in the morning. I record that one because I will be sleeping but I enjoy the hosts its a very nice show.
Various comedies that come out I check out.
On my DVR I have 6 episodes of Elementary I haven't felt like watching. I dunno I enjoyed it before but now I just don't feel like watching it.
Give me more of the highlighted movies above!!

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shows that I enjoyed but were cancelled (and ones I watched years after they were cancelled) which are listed alphabetically (from a website I visit where I can still enjoy them at my leisure)...

Aeon Flux, Alcatraz, Alphas, Andromeda, Anthony Broudain (his travel/food shows!), Audrina, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactia (the old one, didn't like the newer version), Being Human (the original UK version, first season...the chemistry of the cast held my attention), Ben 10 (and the following versions), Better Off Ted (absolutely love it!), Blade (and the cartoon version), Brimstone, Burn Notice (the last season..frankly...sucked!), Camelot, Chuck (Nerdgasm!), Crusoe, Crusade (short-lived Babylon 5 spin-off), Cupcake Wars (the first season...a local bakery won once and their prices tripled...and then they closed due to loss of sales), Dead Like Me (great show, sad to see it go), Defying Gravity (another great show...<sniff>), Dollhouse (much talked about show...great ones die early and stinkers like Honey Boo Boo last for EVER! >.<), Earth 2 (great premise but started sucking quickly...too bad), Earth: Final Conflict, Eureka (WOW!!!!!), Farscape, Firefly (of course), Flash Forward (good show but stalled), Forever Knight, Franklin and Bash (loved the humor...good show), Fringe (Double WOWSERS!), Highlander, House of Anibus (I DON'T KNOW WHY I WATCHED THIS?!?), Human Target (another good one that went *poof*), Jake 2.0, Jericho, Journeyman, Kim Possible, Kyle XY (started out great...then the money-men changed the show and killed it <pout>), Labyrinth, Legend of the Seeker (great show and true to the books!), Lexx (strange but good), Lois and Clark (yes...I am not immune to these shows!), Malcolm in the Middle, Merlin (I was hoping that since they bucked the usual Camelot trend the outcome would be different but...alas <sniff>), Millenium, Monk (I have a friend that has OCD so I could relate), My Name Is Earl, New Amsterdam, Numb3rs, Ocean Girl, Primeval, Renegade (ok, mostly because of the motorcycle-ish storyline...met the star once and he was a total prick!), Robinhood: The Hooded Man (I will love this show until the day I die..and then love it some more!), Roswell, Rubicon (Great show...I wished they continued the story <sniff>), Sanctuary (WOW!!!!!!! Part 2!!), seaQuest DSV, Sliders (stopped watching after the 3rd season), Spartacus: Blood and Sand (Great Show...until the untimely death of the lead star...stopped watching), Spin City, Stargate (all of the shows), Star Trek (all of the shows), The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. (Bruce Campbell...enough said!), The After, The Black Adder (and any show starring Rowan Atkinson), The Cape (good show, don't know why it died), The Dresden Files (Great Show and Great Books...Why Did This Die!!! >.<), The Event, The Fairly OddParents (Love the humor!), The Philanthropist, The Pretender, Tomorrow People (the original show, NONE of the remakes), The X-Files (Of Course!), Through The Wormhole (don't know if it is cancelled or not), United States of Tara (sometimes I feel just like her!), V, Veronica Mars (like the show but not a raving fan), Warehouse 13 (WOW!!!!!!! Part 3...the Trilogy of WOW!), WipeOut! US (ok, I liked the first 2 seasons then it just got stupid), Xena: Warrior Princess (I watched for the comedy...yea, the comedy...and I'm sticking to that story!).

There are more shows but this site doesn't show them...so I'd have to find them on the net somewhere.

TQQdles™

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fine...I'll show how you can admit to anything if you're talking to Stratics friends -)

I also watched all the season of The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra and enjoyed it a lot. I was watching SpongeBob SquarePants long before it became the "it" cartoon to watch. I still miss the original shows Jonny Quest...before they dumbed it down with "political corrected visuals" cutting out when people got shot/punched.

I am currently watching Dragon Riders of Berk and enjoying it a lot.

I think Flutter doesn't want to admit to all the Soap Opera shows she likes....yes, keep that hidden or people may judge you! Besides, The Bold and the Beautiful is the BEST SHOW EVAR! hehe

TQQdles™
General Hospital is the best lol. Dragon riders of berk love it just finished watching season 2, the trailer for how-to-train-your-dragon-2 coming out on June 13th http://www.solarmovie.tl/watch-how-to-train-your-dragon-2-2014.html. I don't want to wait until June I want it to come out now lol.
Primeval miss it Merlin also
My mom doesn't miss Merlin the music gave her the willies, and she hates when I watch finding big foot especially when they howl omg not that again.
star trek watched all of those. Herc and Xena My mom even got into watching these shows.

Flutter mentioned Destination Truth its on hold wish he start making more.I enjoy these kinda shows especially the paranormal ones. Ghost Adventures on the travel channel love it not really a believer I'm border line but they do get alot of good evps, and evidence. One of the best evps was when Zak wanted a ghost to push him down the stairs. the reply was I don't wanna lol.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Shows that I enjoyed but were cancelled (and ones I watched years after they were cancelled) which are listed alphabetically (from a website I visit where I can still enjoy them at my leisure)...

Aeon Flux, Alcatraz, Alphas, Andromeda, Anthony Broudain (his travel/food shows!), Audrina, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactia (the old one, didn't like the newer version), Being Human (the original UK version, first season...the chemistry of the cast held my attention), Ben 10 (and the following versions), Better Off Ted (absolutely love it!), Blade (and the cartoon version), Brimstone, Burn Notice (the last season..frankly...sucked!), Camelot, Chuck (Nerdgasm!), Crusoe, Crusade (short-lived Babylon 5 spin-off), Cupcake Wars (the first season...a local bakery won once and their prices tripled...and then they closed due to loss of sales), Dead Like Me (great show, sad to see it go), Defying Gravity (another great show...<sniff>), Dollhouse (much talked about show...great ones die early and stinkers like Honey Boo Boo last for EVER! >.<), Earth 2 (great premise but started sucking quickly...too bad), Earth: Final Conflict, Eureka (WOW!!!!!), Farscape, Firefly (of course), Flash Forward (good show but stalled), Forever Knight, Franklin and Bash (loved the humor...good show), Fringe (Double WOWSERS!), Highlander, House of Anibus (I DON'T KNOW WHY I WATCHED THIS?!?), Human Target (another good one that went *poof*), Jake 2.0, Jericho, Journeyman, Kim Possible, Kyle XY (started out great...then the money-men changed the show and killed it <pout>), Labyrinth, Legend of the Seeker (great show and true to the books!), Lexx (strange but good), Lois and Clark (yes...I am not immune to these shows!), Malcolm in the Middle, Merlin (I was hoping that since they bucked the usual Camelot trend the outcome would be different but...alas <sniff>), Millenium, Monk (I have a friend that has OCD so I could relate), My Name Is Earl, New Amsterdam, Numb3rs, Ocean Girl, Primeval, Renegade (ok, mostly because of the motorcycle-ish storyline...met the star once and he was a total prick!), Robinhood: The Hooded Man (I will love this show until the day I die..and then love it some more!), Roswell, Rubicon (Great show...I wished they continued the story <sniff>), Sanctuary (WOW!!!!!!! Part 2!!), seaQuest DSV, Sliders (stopped watching after the 3rd season), Spartacus: Blood and Sand (Great Show...until the untimely death of the lead star...stopped watching), Spin City, Stargate (all of the shows), Star Trek (all of the shows), The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. (Bruce Campbell...enough said!), The After, The Black Adder (and any show starring Rowan Atkinson), The Cape (good show, don't know why it died), The Dresden Files (Great Show and Great Books...Why Did This Die!!! >.<), The Event, The Fairly OddParents (Love the humor!), The Philanthropist, The Pretender, Tomorrow People (the original show, NONE of the remakes), The X-Files (Of Course!), Through The Wormhole (don't know if it is cancelled or not), United States of Tara (sometimes I feel just like her!), V, Veronica Mars (like the show but not a raving fan), Warehouse 13 (WOW!!!!!!! Part 3...the Trilogy of WOW!), WipeOut! US (ok, I liked the first 2 seasons then it just got stupid), Xena: Warrior Princess (I watched for the comedy...yea, the comedy...and I'm sticking to that story!).

There are more shows but this site doesn't show them...so I'd have to find them on the net somewhere.

TQQdles™
If you didn't have Doll House, Farscape, and Firefly on your list we were gonna have big fights. I, too, liked Merlin on Syfy and think they are making a HUGE mistake moving towards more reality and wrestling (?) so much so that Craig Engler has blocked me from the SyFy channel's twitter page. (ironic yes?)
I couldn't name all the shows I loved that were cancelled. We'd be here all day.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you didn't have Doll House, Farscape, and Firefly on your list we were gonna have big fights. I, too, liked Merlin on Syfy and think they are making a HUGE mistake moving towards more reality and wrestling (?) so much so that Craig Engler has blocked me from the SyFy channel's twitter page. (ironic yes?)
I couldn't name all the shows I loved that were cancelled. We'd be here all day.
Omgerd! Loved Doll House! Could not believe they cancelled Farscape until I re-watched it during some downtime and was like..yeah, it was time. Unless they had kept Zhaan, then I would say MOARPLZ. Agree with you on the SyFy direction. It's so sad. I still watch Lost Girl but even that has lost some mojo without the Canadian content (yes, Taylor, I just shivered making that comment. Never again, promise ;)).

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So for Taylor "Must Watch All Cooking-related TV Programs", I have this YouTube channel for great cooking/everything tips...

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaveHax

Actually it is for everything. But my Mother taught me the "halving vegetables safely" trick first! -)

TQQdles™

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been watching The 100...hoping it gets better and isn't just another "buffy" in space/on new earth.

I also found that Warehouse 13 is running the last season...#5 with only 6 episodes to wrap things up.

It seems to me that most shows are only lasting for 5 seaons/years these days....well, granted most of the intelligent ones that is. The "I only have 1 brain cell and it is devoted watching you Honey Boo Boo" type of shows are going to last FER EVAR! -*(

TQQdles™

P.S. Been stuck in (old man rant) mode lately for some reason! -(

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I added Bar Rescue and America's Best Cook to the DVR. Still on the fence about them.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Bad Ink on A&E is my favorite show to watch just before I fall asleep.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I added Bar Rescue and America's Best Cook to the DVR. Still on the fence about them.
Like I said I quit watching the Food Network. I not only was always hungry watching, I got a little tired of all the spin off shows Rachel Ray, Guy, and frankly everyone else is getting. I just got tired of watching them (the stars) over and over.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah. I just watch the cooking reality shows and competitions--not the cooking shows with the celebrity chefs.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I gave up on The 100...it is basically Buffy in Space. And all of my Sci-Fi/Fantasy shows are now done for the season. I am desperate!

I read that Mad Men is suppose to be Science Fiction...too subtle for me to see.

I stared watching Heroes of Cosplay. I like how the people figure out how to make their costumes/outfits. I am a problem-solver at work...so this speaks to me! Besides, I can somewhat relive the "feeling" I had when I used to be an enactor and dressed up for Renaissance Faires. -)

TQQdles™

P.S. Some cosplay competition give good prizes for winners. For instance, did you know if you win a category at the San Diego Comic Con during their Masquerade Costume Competition show....you get a free 4-day pass for the next year!!! Nice!

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two new shows...

Dominion
In this series (formerly called Legion), 20 years after evil angels descended from Heaven to lay waste to the human souls they felt God had favored over them, a reluctant "savior" must arise to protect Vega, the last remaining stronghold of humanity. The savior has more to fear than just angels, as the elites of this new society conspire to gain power for themselves.
http://www.syfy.com/dominion

Constantine
Constantine centers on John Constantine, an enigmatic and irreverent con man-turned-reluctant supernatural detective who is thrust into the role of defending us against dark forces from beyond.
http://www.nbc.com/constantine

TQQdles™