• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2011 Warrior Template Thread

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New Year so its time for a New Thread. A general thread to post templates, & brief discussion on tactics.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvM ABC:
120 archery
120 tactics
120 bushido
100 healing
100 anatomy
90 resist
70 chivalry

Using a crossbow or composite bow, depending on the situation, deals out a ton of damage with high rate of survivability.

Key weapon mods: Hit Mana Leech (HML), Hit Stamina Leech (HSL), Swing Speed Increase (SSI)

Specialshoes

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RPVP/PVM Samurai

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
80 Heal
80 Chivalry

Any tips to bring it more in align with the current state of regular or factions pvp would be welcome

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP Gargoyle Swords/Thrower

This is the most recent version of my template based around using the Sword of Shattered Hopes.

120 Swords
120 Throwing
120 Magic Resist
90 tactics
100 anatomy
90 healing
80 ninjitsu

Sword of shattered hopes and do focus attack to proc the bleed/forcewalk.

Switch to Soul Glaive for AI/Mortal.

The ninjitsu is for images, focus attack, and animal form, and also to get me to 300 skill points so I can get the mana discount on specials.

I've tried many variations of this build. Some of the history below.

Tried with 4/6 casting and chiv/parry/spellweaving instead of healing/anatomy/ninja. Found that chiv and weaving were too mana intensive and couldn't do enough burst damage.

I traded that out for no fc/fcr, dropped chiv and parry (kept weaving) and picked up healing/ninja. Only used it for pixies once the force walk connected. Worked well, but low FC made it tough to get pixies to cast when I needed it.

The last build before what I'm at now was meditation instead of throwing. I found that when people are force walking, they are really good at cutting corners and still keeping distance form me (i suck at dexer movement on a gargoyle).

I haven't had a chance to really play this new build but it looks promising.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there, Here is my first archers temp.

115 Archery
115 Tactics
110 anat
100 bushido
100 healing
100 resist
75 chiv

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is the most recent version of my template based around using the Sword of Shattered Hopes.

120 Swords
120 Throwing
120 Magic Resist
90 tactics
100 anatomy
90 healing
80 ninjitsu

Sword of shattered hopes and do focus attack to proc the bleed/forcewalk.

Switch to Soul Glaive for AI/Mortal.
I got to spend a few hours playing this template last night. It took some time to get used to my offense, but WOW. Very fun, very effective.

Makes my fencer archer look like a chump.

Throwing has the best weapons, well the boomerang is kind of worthless.

Cyclone has the riding swipe type dismount special. If you are flying it does a para blow, if you are footed it dismounts, and it is FAST. I have 180 stam, 35 ssi, and its a 3 second wep. After my para shot I get 2 throw attempts to connect on the dismount. And the other special is moving shot. Its like having 3 specials on a ranged weapon. The base damage is good too. I was dishing out 18-21 damage moving shots (before hit spell), coming every 1.25!

I was worried the soul glaive would be too slow even at 1.75 but with hit fireball on the wep and the bleed ticking I found that I could keep mages disrupted fairly easily.

T

Tox The Murder

Should i have HLD or HLA on my weapons? And Lightning or Fireball? Good templates btw. helped me alot

J

[JD]

^Going to assume that is a PVP question. Archery and throwing are similar. On any para shot type weapon (bow, cyclone) you want lightning instead of fireball, because the delay on fb will break your own para. The rest of the weapons, hit fireball is good for interrupts, or lightning for damage. I’m going to do HLA testing.

My Sampire thrower (I'm on 705 skill pt acct)

120 Throwing (+10 on ring)
120 bush
100 tac
85 anat*
100 healing
70 chiv
99 necro**
21 focus** (can also be hiding, tracking, detect, or SW)

* Would bump this to GM if I were 720 pt account.
**Notice if I decide to PVP I can stone these off and add 120 resist.

My thoughts: PVM this character is a beast. I have had trouble with Lord Oaks- still working on that. It has limited but effective utility PVP wise, but that is because it isn't optimized for PVP. It is funny to kill people in PVP with your PVM character though ;)

Weapons:

PVM “Boss Killer” Soul Glaive: Elemental, DI, SSI, HML, HSL, and Specific Slayer. I've found HSL isn't even necessary so I would probably swap that for HLD on future revisions as the Gargoyle STILL tends to whiff 5-6 times in a row for no reason whatsoever (and that's with 50 HCI!)

PVM “AOE Killer” Soul Glaive: Elemental, DI, SSI, HML, Hit Area, Super Slayer. Use Momentum Strike.

PVP Weapons: Elemental, HCI, SSI, DCI, Hit FB/Lightning, HLD

Sir Mastermind

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thinking about a 4/6 chiv bushido template for pvp.

120 tactics
120 swords
120 bushido
120 parry
120 resist
70 chiv
50 focus

Might wear a Johns hat for an extra 20 skill points. Run lots of HP, lots of mana and low dex with fast weapons. I think it would be really tough to kill, but would need to have lot of damage inc to make up for not having anatomy.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thinking about a 4/6 chiv bushido template for pvp.

120 tactics
120 swords
120 bushido
120 parry
120 resist
70 chiv
50 focus

Might wear a Johns hat for an extra 20 skill points. Run lots of HP, lots of mana and low dex with fast weapons. I think it would be really tough to kill, but would need to have lot of damage inc to make up for not having anatomy.
Make the suit 4/6 with a free hand (no shield) with 50 ep and it is pretty fun Except when i did it, i ran:

120 swords
100 tact
120 bushido
120 parry
120 resist
45 chiv
92 spellweaving
60 med

had some skill bonus stuff, wasn't real good 1v1, but was fun as a support char

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 Fencing
120 Anat
120 Bushido
120 Resisting Spells
110 Healing (enhanced aids for 120)
100 Tactics (Evade bonus)
80 Meditation (With suit exactly 2 mana a second)

Works pretty well takes a ton of dmg if you use feint/evade
Thinking about dropping HLA on weapons for Mana Leech.

120 Throwing or Fencing
120 Anat
120 Resisting Spells
110 Healing (enhanced aids for 120)
110 Spell Weaving
90 Tactics
90 Med

3/0 Casitng or 4/0 if I put on a shield... Really you just need to get a spell off with weaving... no need to spam the spells. Use the throwing version for large scale fighting. Use the fencing for more of a solo damage dealing version. (2 diff chars one human one garg obviously)

All my temps use a ton of skill increase including the orc brute tally and EP. I only have enough DI to cap out my AI's then dump the rest into skill for meditation.

E

Exeter

Hi All!
I am a returning player after 9 years, and I'm still trying to catch up to the changes. Long ago I had created an Axe Warrior.

105 Swords
100 Lumberjack
100 Anat
100 Tactics
100 Healing
100 Resist
100 Focus

Is this still a viable template?
or do the newer skills far outweigh the extra axe damage?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would ditch focus, and do the following:

120 Swords
120 tactics
120 Anat
120 Resist
100 LJ
90 Healing
65 Chiv

You'll need to get 15 skill points on your jewels, and you'll need a suit with MR, LMC, and a bunch of stat increase.

Idea would be to keep consecrate up and use an ornate.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would ditch focus, and do the following:

120 Swords
120 tactics
120 Anat
120 Resist
100 LJ
90 Healing
65 Chiv

You'll need to get 15 skill points on your jewels, and you'll need a suit with MR, LMC, and a bunch of stat increase.

Idea would be to keep consecrate up and use an ornate.
Not so sure about wasting 100 skill points on damage increase in LJ when you could just make a fencing/archer and use Disarm/Bleed/Heavy X Bow running shots for the same damage if not more with double proc and max DI from a distance.

I know it's not unique like a LJ template would be, but it's just as effective if not more.

Now put LJ on a gargoyle and use a sword of shatterd hopes w/garg axes that might be worth doing if they have the right axes. I haven't investigated yet.

R

Rogundeade

First off The hole point of this build is for PVP/PVE Build. One I can run around in fell and farm stuff with out worrying about dieing and every once in a While pop into Yew gate for some fun

Swords 100 = 120 With Captain John's Hat
Rests 105 = 110 When 4 Years Old
Myst 110 = 120 With Ring Or Brace
bush 110 = 120 With Ring OR Brac
Focus 120
Tactics 90
Parry 80

Ring

FCR = 3
DCI = 4
HCI = 5
Skill Bush/Myst = 10
EP = 50

Brace

FCR = 3
DCI = 15
HCI = 15
Skill Bush/Myst = 10
LRC = 9

Wep - Bone Harvester (Well Both Of The Wep. Abilities)

HLD = 50
HCI = 10
DCI = 11
SSI = 30
DI = 47

Wep - Bokuto (NS The Disarmed Archers Trying To Run Away)

HLD = 40
HCI = 10
DCI = 11
HL = 46
DI = 50

Wep - Butcher Knife (Disarming Those Archers)

HLD = 40
HCI = 10
DCI = 11
HL = 46
DI = 50

Wep - Long Sword (For Some Quick Damage)

HLD = 50
HCI = 10
DCI = 11
SSI = 30
DI = 47

Stats Total Needed On Armor

Swords = 20
Dexterity = 8
HC = 15
LRC = 91
MR = 40
MI = 16
SI = 18

J

jambo

Hi All!
I am a returning player after 9 years, and I'm still trying to catch up to the changes. Long ago I had created an Axe Warrior.

105 Swords
100 Lumberjack
100 Anat
100 Tactics
100 Healing
100 Resist
100 Focus

Is this still a viable template?
or do the newer skills far outweigh the extra axe damage?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)
Glad to see that there are fans of Lumberjacking still :) I am in the process right now of making a LJ for pvp but I am going at it alot different than you.

120 Swordsmanship
120 Magic Resist
120 Tactics
100 Lumberjacking
100 Alchemy
100 Bushido*
60 Chivalry

I picked up Bushido to heal on the run when my heal pots are on timer. Chivalry is there for the heals when I can stand still, and concecrate weapon for true damage. Maybe I can drop Bushido for Anatomy, idk..

S

Sysaro Rakshasa

What is a good build using 6 skills without power scrolls? This is why I currently have:

100 Fencing
100 Parrying
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
100 Resist
100 Focus
100 Fishing. (this is my pirate so I want to keep fishing)

Thanks

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is a good build using 6 skills without power scrolls? This is why I currently have:

100 Fencing
100 Parrying
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
100 Resist
100 Focus
100 Fishing. (this is my pirate so I want to keep fishing)

Thanks
I have found archery a much better skill on the seas.
I'd go something like-
100 Archery
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
100 Resist
100 Focus
100 Fishing
100 Bushido

S

Starless

I am returning to UO after a couple years. I would like to make an archer/fencer or even something else. I dont know about the ninja stuff or the other and was wondering if someone would could tell me a template to go off of. Or if something else is better now. Thanks =)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My archer/fencer (only PvP)
120 archery
120 fencing (actually macing with a UBWS war fork)
100 tactics
100 healing
100 anatomy
100 meditation
80 ninjitsu

Once a mage figures out that I'm running without resist, I'm pretty much screwed. But meditation and high MR means it's still tough to keep me from using specials via mana vamp. If you keep 120 resist on a soul stone for switching out, it can help to avoid headaches.

My stats are set up to have only 150 stamina, 140 hit points and a boat load of mana (pre-potion), which gives me a lot of mana for specials, but my swing speed suffers if I've been hit.

R

Rhale27

Hi Everyone,

Let me start off by saying this is my first post and the last time I have played this game has been over 10+ years ago. I used to play a tank mage and would run around in a robe and a halberd, precasting and hitting people and just having fun. Strayed off to other MMO's but UO just has this distinct charm.

I am looking for a sampire build that can solo some bosses and champ spawns. The sampire fits my schedule best and after reading forums for a few days and researching things, this is what I can come up with.

Swords
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Bushido
Parry
Chiv
Necro

I listed 8 skills and I currently sit at 225 stat and 700 skill caps. I was wondering what the best combo would be? Which skills to take to 110, 120?

I was thinking 100/100/25 for now until I can expand on my stats, then focus on dex.

My key questions are: What skill out of the temp above can be removed with the least penalty? I have seen temps without parry and without healing in place of going 110-120 in skills. I know that jewelry can supplement Necro and Chiv, however, with a 700 skill cap is this possible? (Can jewelry put the skill at or above the cap?) Does the cap only reflect *real* values?

On a side note I play on the Pacific server at the moment and was wondering what the going rate is for some basic 70's resist suits? I have seen vendors with them for anywhere between 350k-850k and need one badly as I am running around in random trog loot which is just horrific and makes it difficult to train as trying to do trogs with 40 phys resist is horrendous(been using wraith form to supplement and am almost GM in swords)

Thanks for reading! Any help would be appreicated as I am way outdated.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you want to run a sampire dropping the healing brings you to the most prevalent temp. Chiv can be around 80 although you do get benefits for going higher. I would shoot for around 120-130 hit points, you will need to get as much stamina as you can and somewhere around 40-60 mana should do you. Remember as an elf you get more mana. A stat scroll should be one of the first things your looking to get as soon as you get a decent enough suit. There are also quite a few sampire threads that you should look at as there are multiple variations and quite a difference of opinion as to what is best. I am simply giving the most basic that is out there.

R

Rhale27

Thanks Mirt,

I have reviewed most of these threads and was looking mainly for what kind of tweaks each person has an opinion on. I know removing healing and boosting chiv up to around 80ish with 4/6 gives some added bonuses but would the heal be sufficient? Outside of vamp emb and leech weps. I mainly started with healing as this character is completely from stratch with nothing but the 1000 gold starting up. Bandages are cheap and quite effective and drop off some of the things I am training on.

Priorities for me are a 70's suit and then a stat scroll. Thanks again!

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A sampire in form will leech enough to stay alive. Actually you should be leeching enough to stay at max heath. There will be no need for life leech on your weapons as vamp form takes care of all of that for you. Your gold priorities sound good too. Remember it should be a lot easier to cobble together a suit with the shame changes. Have fun and always feel free to PM me or ICQ me I like talking to returing players and getting them started.

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

120 Swords
120 Throwing
120 Magic Resist
90 tactics
100 anatomy
90 healing
80 ninjitsu

Interesting. I was trying to figure out how to finish my swords/thrower. Thank you.

R

Rhale27

A sampire in form will leech enough to stay alive. Actually you should be leeching enough to stay at max heath. There will be no need for life leech on your weapons as vamp form takes care of all of that for you. Your gold priorities sound good too. Remember it should be a lot easier to cobble together a suit with the shame changes. Have fun and always feel free to PM me or ICQ me I like talking to returing players and getting them started.
Thanks again Mirt, and for the advice on the new Shame.

I tried out the new shame last night with an ele slayer wep (just poking around) My skills are currently:

Anatomy 100
Swords 97
Tactics 96
Healing 87
Bushido 87
Parry 87
Chiv 61
Necro 53

Rest in focus as I used that to max dex out and it helps to recover health/mana when you have literally ettin gear :)

I found some of the new loot off of earth eles on the first floor and ended up getting some pieces with 20+ phys resist on them so I effectively boosted up my phys from 45ish to 70 which should make it easier to max out my combat abilities. I went down to the 2nd floor and ran into a mud elemental, not fun but did manage to kill it and score a nice bracelet off of it.

Now I can actually sit inside the painted caves with trogs and raise parry/tac/swords effectively instead of dragging them to the entrance one at a time.

I plan on dropping healing once my combat skills GM and supplement that with chivalry gains or by just grinding out to vamp embrace. I figure if I finish out my combat skills I can farm a bit easier for a suit then tweak my template to what it needs to be. In order for this though I need to keep healing as it is the quickest way for me to heal myself at the moment. With no full 70's suit or LRC/LMC or anything like that to speed up the Necro grind to 99, I do not want to sit there and only be able to cast 2 spells and have to wait 30 seconds. I think that trogs might give me enough cash to purchase something with 70's across the board, some LMC and maybe some increased mana/regen.

After the combat skills would you recommend prioritizing a "training" suit and getting necro up ASAP? I was thinking to get that taken care of first as the vamp form is essential and really lets me expand on what I can kill.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would because once you get that up you can really take out large game and get gold. Some of the newer monsters give sampires some problems with corrupted life but over all its a great first char to make to get gold. Also your right the Shame loot is making it so much easier to suit up.

N

Nitewalkr

I'm a returning player and haven't played in LBTR. Mine so far looks like this:

Swords 100
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
Chiv 100
Parry 100
Focus 100
Bushido 100

I was thinking about dropping focus for healing. Any ideas on that? Any input would be appreciated.

Stats are 85/100/40

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That’s a viable temp. Its a pve temp so your not going to be immensely strong in either pvp or pvm but it is a workable system that you can use. The first big question is what are you looking to do in game pvp or pvm? If its pvm right now at least as far as dexxers go the sampire remains king. Your best bet there is to swap out focus for necromancy. With that you go into vampire form and you leech from the mob to heal yourself. If its an option its nice to be able to soul stone off the anatomy with resist. Its also time for you to consider some power scrolls as its good to be able to get your weapon skill and tactics up a bit higher so that you can hit more but that would be something for once your more established.

N

Nitewalkr

That’s a viable temp. Its a pve temp so your not going to be immensely strong in either pvp or pvm but it is a workable system that you can use. The first big question is what are you looking to do in game pvp or pvm? If its pvm right now at least as far as dexxers go the sampire remains king. Your best bet there is to swap out focus for necromancy. With that you go into vampire form and you leech from the mob to heal yourself. If its an option its nice to be able to soul stone off the anatomy with resist. Its also time for you to consider some power scrolls as its good to be able to get your weapon skill and tactics up a bit higher so that you can hit more but that would be something for once your more established.
Thanks for the quick reply. it is 100% pvm build. Seems healing is 100% our of the question?

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You’re welcome. Healing is a way to go, but it’s not as easy as the sampire. I used to run a temp exactly like that to be honest. It ended up becoming an archer but that’s another story. It will work but your going to have some issues going after some of the more "end game" content as your going to have some trouble healing. That being said it is a viable pve temp so you can make it work if you want to. It will work better with another dexxer to cross heal off of and you really need to end up running 150 dex. Other then that if you have another dexxer and you both learn to cross heal you should be good with just about anything other then the Stygian Dragon.