• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2008 Buddy Walk

• Thread starter imported_PizzaPimp
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_PizzaPimp

This won't apply to many of you, but you may be interested anyway.
As many of you already know, my daughter has Down Syndrome.
That being said I ask that everybody consider participating or donating towards your local Buddy Walk. The Buddy Walk is an event to promote the awareness and inclusion of people with Down Syndrome. Through events such as these is why more and more people with Down Syndrome are seen actively in society today. These events have also played a major role towards inclusion of children with Down Syndrome into our public school systems. I hope you see it as a worthy cause and act accordingly.

If you wish to donate towards the Buddy Walk and don't have a local chapter or just want to be really nice and help us achieve our goal, you can click on this link and donate towards our team.
<u>TEAM SAMI J</u>

Thank you for reading.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Heck Why not do a buddy walk here in Uo. I sure there could be a fair amount of Gold Donation which in turn could be converted to cash! My donation is on its way to your team.

Lord Nabin
icq 248-636-691
[email protected]

P

Pokey Loves You

that's actually a good idea but you might just end up getting banned trying to promote or organize it in game

as someone else on this board was recently banned for promoting something "not related to uo"

pretty sad

good idea though

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Screw that banned please!! Tell you what if you all find a way to put it together. Then I will match what ever the total Shards Contribution to this cause upto 50ml in gold.

I have thrown down my gauntlet. Who is going to pick it up? Sometimes we need to put our Gold where our mouth is.

Lord Nabin
ICQ 248-636-691
[email protected]

A

Ashlen

That is something a group of us ladies did over on catskills
last year but for the Relay for Life, American Cancer Society.

In our alliance each guild held their own events during the month to
raise gold. We ask the catskills community to donate items
and we had a Public Auction, we had so many items we ended
up having to hold 2 nights of the Auction.
We had Male/Female Auction, Scavenger Hunt, Marathon Run,
Fighting Tournament.
We sold clothing items tagged Relay for life

We held this between August 24 Opening ceremonies
untill the closing Ceremonies on Sept 27, 2007
We raised over just over 500 million in gold then turned around
and sold it back to the catskills community at the going price
at the time and Donated $1015.00 to the American Cancer Society.

We did this because we had ourselves been affected by cancer last
year in our alliance by some very special people to us and we wanted
to involved our UO family in the great experience my niece and I had
during the real life Relay for Life we were part of in our community.

It was hard work but well worth it in long run.
We had our share of skepitics from the beginnign but we followed through
and I have no regrets.

Pizzapimp good luck with your Buddy Walk and have a great time.
I see that Napa has big hearts and open hands just like Catskills did.

G

Long way to Delaware for me...so I will just let my plastic do the walking

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Thank You Ashlen. Let us all take this to heart and step Up to the plate here. I love the creativity of our shard. So let us all show every other Shard how it is done and Like Steve said let our Plastic do our walking. It started my walk!!! the link is in the first post. The goal only $1000 for the team I took care fo the first 10%. How about you all?

Lord Nabin
Icq 248-636-691
[email protected]

G

You all want to see Big Round Smiling Faces
, just go to your local Buddy Walk &amp; be astounded. These kids are amazing &amp; how they can brighten up anyones life around them. My daughter for the last 3 yrs has done the Buddy Walk with her Field Hockey Coach &amp; totally enjoyed it. It's one of the few charities/groups I will donate to. GL Pizza &amp; hope ya top the 1k goal you have set

I

imported_PizzaPimp

all i can say right now is "wow"

you guys are very amazing people.
i thank each of you for just the thought of wanting to donate towards our cause, yet alone stepping up and actually doing it. none of you know me irl from the man in the moon... and many of you (that i know of) don't know me in game either as i haven't played very much UO in the last 12 months.

Thank you all very much!

S

Sethblackmoore

<blockquote><hr>

that's actually a good idea but you might just end up getting banned trying to promote or organize it in game

as someone else on this board was recently banned for promoting something "not related to uo"

pretty sad

good idea though

[/ QUOTE ]

SO?? Why not talk to Jeremy from UO about this? That way when you do it in game it will not be banned. And since its for a good cause I doubt they would say no. I would totally be into helping with the events and come to any walk or auction or whatever you do in UO. We could all copy books and throw them everywhere for a few weeks to get everyone on the shard to know about it.

Oh and on a side note a few years back Napa and other shards started a donating house for either Hurricane Katrina or The Tsunami....sorry can't remember which. And all the gold sold went to the red cross and it was not banned or stopped. The guy who started that actually was on some news website. Can't remember all the details. But he made like over $5,000. I think for charity its ok.

P

Pokey Loves You

that was crazy joe raising money for the tsunami victims

I

imported_PizzaPimp

40% to our goal in just 2 days.

heck, maybe i should bump the goal? hehe

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
<blockquote><hr>

Reached our initial goal in just 3 days.

Thanks to those who have donated so far.
it's much appreciated.

<u>TEAM SAMI J</u>

[/ QUOTE ]

That is Excellent!!!! This is what I love about the UO Community. Let's keep it up.

I put out the Challenge that the Ancient Conclave of Wisdom would match the entire Shards Gold Donation upto 50mil. We have the following Commitments so far:

Elbryan Uthador 10mil in Gold
Terrance Dirth 10 mil in Gold

To keep this all simple. You can drop off any donations to Lord Nabin in Luna. I am usually found sitting in the chairs atop the Ancient Conclave of Wisdom Embassy out the east gate of the bank or inside Sir Kelek Rune Library in the NW corner. All gold Donations will be converted to cash and donated to Sami’s Team. I will keep the running totals posted here Daily.

We are only 30 million away from a total donation of 100 million in Gold. I cannot think of a better way to create some more storage spaces!!! lol

Lord Nabin
High Council Sage
Ancient Conclave of Wisdom
ICQ 248-636-691
[email protected]

G

May I suggest something my guild recently did in order to cut our costs at an event we held on Atlantic.

Try a 50/50 raffle, with tickets priced at about 1m, with the possibility of 2-3 tickets being worth an instant 5m or so. Everything after the instant win prizes, is split between the donation and the person who holds the winning ticket.

If this is something you would be interested in, nabin, and crystal rose you both have my icq, contact me, and I can have my associate contact you and help you with setting up and running it.

G

Well I am not from Napa Valley, but I love getting behind a good cause. I made banners for the ladies from catskills for the relay for life so I am more then happy to come up with some banners to advertise your event also if you wish.

Just PM me what you would like on them.

Well done Napa I really hope you all get behind this event.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
That is Excellent!!!! This is what I love about the UO Community. Let's keep it up.

I put out the Challenge that the Ancient Conclave of Wisdom would match the entire Shards Gold Donation upto 50mil. We have the following Commitments so far:

Terrance Drith 10 mil in Gold
Whispering Rose Radio 10 mil in Gold
Lady Sunrise 1ml + all sales from her vendor currently at 100k

We are closing in on that 50 million in goal matching challange lets all keep it up I am very proud to be apart of proactive Shard like napa.

Find me either on top of the Ancient Conclave of Wisdom Embassy or the Sir Kelek's Rune Library in the NW Corner of Luna to expidite your donations.

Live Work Play Napa

Lord Nabin
icq 248-636-691
[email protected]

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Sorry all fixed

G

<blockquote><hr>

We are closing in on that 50 million in goal matching challange lets all keep it up I am very proud to be apart of proactive Shard like napa.

Find me either on top of the Ancient Conclave of Wisdom Embassy or the Sir Kelek's Rune Library in the NW Corner of Luna to expidite your donations.

Live Work Play Napa

Lord Napa
icq 248-636-691
[email protected]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nabin can I talk to you about organizing some fund raising on Oceania for this event...perhaps at your new luna house and you could transfer the gold back or convert it for me some how.

F

five oclock

<blockquote><hr>

Live Work Play Napa

Lord Napa
icq 248-636-691
[email protected]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye..I mostly sell Gears and crystals on me vendor. Also sell stuff for cooking that you have to get from a paragon.
From Tuesday until next Tuesday I will donate all the money my vendor makes to this fund. Im at 100K I beleive right now and Im trying to keep it stocked with gears. So if any of you need music Cds seek me out. my vendor name is Sweet Music Woman..and Im outside the luna bank...Directions are thru the luna portal..go right..make first left..and third house on the right. House name is Alein Choper Vendor name is Sweet Music Woman

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord

Alish 3 mil in Gold

Find me either on top of the Ancient Conclave of Wisdom Embassy or the Sir Kelek's Rune Library in the NW Corner of Luna.

Both locations will soon be featuring Vendors who will be taking Direct Donations at all hours of the Day. We Will be running this until the end of April then convert the gold to cash and forward the donation!!!!

Way to go Napa. We have several shards joining us shortly so hey Keep leading the way!!!

Live Work Play Napa

Lord Nabin
icq 248-636-691
[email protected]

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord

Ailish 3ml in Gold
A Death Knight 4ml in Gold
Mudd 10 Mil in Gold

<font color="green"> </font> A Vendor has been set up to collect Donations ranging from as little as 500gp upto 10ml a Royal Donation. She is located directly under the house sign at the Embassy just east of the Luna Bank. <font color="green"> </font>
Live Work Play Napa

Lord Nabin
icq 248-636-691
[email protected]

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
<blockquote><hr>

it's much appreciated.

<u>TEAM SAMI J</u>

[/ QUOTE ]

WE DID IT!!!! YOU ALL ACCOMPLISHED THE MATCH CHALLENGE!!!!!!

Sir Kelek put us over the top!!

Ailish 3ml in Gold
Mudd 10 Mil in Gold
Sir Kelek 5 Mil in Gold

Way to go Napa Shard We are setting aside our matching 50 million in gold as we speak! Let's keep it up I am very proud to be apart of proactive Shard like napa.

A Donation Center Vendor has been set up The Embassy of the Ancient Conclave of Wisdom to collect Donations ranging from as little as 5000gp upto 10ml a Royal Donation. She is located directly under the house sign at the Embassy just east of the Luna Bank.

A Second Second Donation Center Vendor Has been set up at Sir Kelek's Library and Vendors in the NW corner of Luna. Right in the middle of the front row to collect Donations ranging from as little as 5000gp upto 10ml a Royal Donation.

These vendors have already collected a total of 15 mil in Gold from the great people of the Napa Shard.

This Brings our running total to 115 mil in gold. We will continue to collect donations until the last day of April then convert the Gold to cash and foraward it to Team Sami J.

I would like to see your name listed above!!

Live Work Play Napa

Lord Nabin
icq 248-636-691
[email protected]

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
<blockquote><hr>

it's much appreciated.

<u>TEAM SAMI J</u>

[/ QUOTE ]

Lady Sunrise 2ml + all sales from her vendor currently at 100k
Ailish 3ml in Gold
Mudd 10 Mil in Gold
Sir Kelek 5 Mil in Gold
Ancient Conclave of Wisdom 50ml in Gold
UO.Cybernickel.com 50Ml in Gold
Milenko 50k in Gold

A Donation Center Vendor has been set up The Embassy of the Ancient Conclave of Wisdom to collect Donations ranging from as little as 5000gp upto 10ml a Royal Donation. She is located directly under the house sign at the Embassy just east of the Luna Bank.

A Second Second Donation Center Vendor Has been set up at Sir Kelek's Library and Vendors in the NW corner of Luna. Right in the middle of the front row to collect Donations ranging from as little as 5000gp upto 10ml a Royal Donation.

A Third Donation Center Vendor has been set up Whispering Rose Radio Deal or No Deal UO Style house to collect Donations ranging from as little as 5000gp upto 10ml a Royal Donation. House is found on the North side of Luna.

These vendors have already collected a total of 17 mil in Gold from the great people of the Napa Shard.

This Brings our running total to 169 mil in gold. We will continue to collect donations until the last day of April then convert the Gold to cash and foraward it to Team Sami J.

We are putting the Final Touches on an upcoming Charity Auction for The 2008 Buddy Walk. Stay Tuned

Live Work Play Napa

Lord Nabin
icq 248-636-691
[email protected]

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's much appreciated.

TEAM SAMI J

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ailish 3ml in Gold
Mudd 10 Mil in Gold
Sir Kelek 5 Mil in Gold
Milenko 50k in Gold

A Third Donation Center Vendor has been set up Whispering Rose Radio Deal or No Deal UO Style house to collect Donations ranging from as little as 5000gp upto 10ml a Royal Donation. House is found on the North side of Luna.

These vendors have already collected a total of 17 mil in Gold from the great people of the Napa Shard.

This Brings our running total to 189 mil in gold. We will continue to collect donations until the last day of April then convert the Gold to cash and foraward it to Team Sami J.

We are putting the Final Touches on an upcoming Charity Auction for The 2008 Buddy Walk. Stay Tuned

Live Work Play Napa

Lord Nabin
icq 248-636-691
[email protected]

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
<blockquote><hr>

it's much appreciated.

TEAM SAMI J

Ailish 3ml in Gold
Mudd 10 Mil in Gold
Sir Kelek 5 Mil in Gold
Milenko 50k in Gold

These vendors have already collected a total of 37 mil in Gold from the great people of the Napa Shard.

This Brings our running total to 201mil in gold. We will continue to collect donations until the last day of April then convert the Gold to cash and foraward it to Team Sami J.

Live Work Play Napa

Lord Nabin
icq 248-636-691
[email protected]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

it's much appreciated.

TEAM SAMI J

Ailish 3ml in Gold
Mudd 10 Mil in Gold
Sir Kelek 5 Mil in Gold
Milenko 50k in Gold

These vendors have already collected a total of 37 mil in Gold from the great people of the Napa Shard.

This Brings our running total to 201mil in gold. We will continue to collect donations until the last day of April then convert the Gold to cash and foraward it to Team Sami J.

Live Work Play Napa

Lord Nabin
icq 248-636-691
[email protected]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

it's much appreciated.

TEAM SAMI J

Ailish 3ml in Gold
Mudd 10 Mil in Gold
Sir Kelek 5 Mil in Gold
Milenko 50k in Gold

Live Work Play Napa

Lord Nabin
icq 248-636-691
[email protected]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great Job Everyone on Napa!!!! We just finished converting the last of the gold to cash and forwarded it to Team SamiJ.

Current Total was $375. Look for the Name "Napa Shard - UO".

That was all of you pitching in. We have till the end of the month so keep up the great work and loving donations.

Lord Nabin
High Council Sage
Ancinet Conclave of Wisdom
ICQ 248-636-691
[email protected]

I

imported_PizzaPimp

Hey all,

great job and thanks to EVERYBODY who has donated thus far.
it's much appreciated.

Thanks especially to Nabin, he has gone above and beyond in putting everything together.

G

Yes, my hat off to Nabin, he did a wonderful job getting this together. Even tho its just a game its nice to see people helping others out. Hope your daughters team does well Pizza Pimp.