• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2004 UO NEWS AND UPDATE THREAD ! (Latest Post - 17 Dec 2004)

• Thread starter CitizenKane2
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

CitizenKane2

In case anyone missed it - posted on FYI section of the official UO website here - Housing Decay Reprieve Ending Soon :

<blockquote>As a reminder, the Housing Decay Reprieve mentioned in an earlier FYI will be ending as of Wednesday, January 7, 2004 CST.

In short, any house belonging to an account that has been inactive for 90 days or more will decay. (Note that an “inactive” account is one that is either cancelled or has a lapse in payment.) Players with houses on such inactive accounts will need to reactivate them before January 7 CST in order to keep their houses from decaying.

Also, effective as of this date, any time an account becomes inactive for 90 days or more, the houses owned by that account will begin decaying.

You can reactivate your game account at http://www.ultima-registration.com/. (Players with multiple “grandfathered” houses should note that when reactivating an account that has been inactive for 90 days or more, only the most recently placed house will become an automatically refreshing “primary” house after reactivation and all other houses on that account will remain condemned and continue to decay.)</blockquote>

C

CitizenKane2

Further Scam Prevention Alert - BE CAREFUL IF ANOTHER PLAYER ASKS YOU TO DOUBLE CLICK ON ANY CANDLE / TORCH. See this thread here

C

CitizenKane2

Post on the general news section of UO Stratics :

(1) MrTact confrims that 6th Character slots are not in the cards at this time (in connection with character transfers).

(2) MrTact comments on whether there are any problems with "luck". (I don't understand whether that statement means that there is or there isn't a problem with "luck" /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif)

(3)Abaddon confirms that necromancy summons not fighting is a bug.

(4) UO Playguide on Housing updated. Very helpful charts in connection with phase 3 included. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Also, as to when houses are expected to IDOC, you may want to read Sannio's comments on the various threads :

(1) here

(2) here and

(3) here

In a nutshell, houses are expected to fall around early Monday morning 12 January 2003 CST. Hmm ... does anyone know what time that is on Formosa ? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

C

CitizenKane2

Some further news posted on the General News section of UO Stratics which include the following :-

(a) MrTact clarifies that there is an issue with Luck and explains what that issue is. This is the clearest explaination I personally know about what the problem with luck is.

(b) In a comment about archery bugs, MrTact mentions that Publish 23 (which is the next publish) is for character transfers. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

(c)Sannio explains that there was a bug with auto refresh occuring after 7 Jan 2004. As things stand, houses on inactive accounts are expected to collapse on Tuesday CST time (13 Jan) instead of Monday. OSI/EA "may" advance the decay rate by one day. (I personally hope that OSI/EA does not tinker with the refresh/decay of such houses any more, least houses on active accounts are also affected /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif *shudders*)

C

CitizenKane2

The unofficial UOHOC chat log may be found here.

Some highlights :

(a) Guildstone bugs - OSI will try to fix those in Publish 24

(b) Virtues system being evaluated (in light of impact of UOX). My view : /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

(c) OSI planning caps on "on some of the key pvp-related magic properties" on artifacts/magic items. My view : This could mean that a player has faster cast 4 equipment on but can only cast at faster cast 2 if faster cast 2 is the cap. My view : /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Bring the restrictions on !

(d) Not being able to steal containers is NOT a bug.

(e) Fixes to Golems in near future not likely.

(f) Auto loot distribution planned for but not yet designed. My view : that means loot scripting will carry on for quite a long time more. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

(g) Confirmation again that Publish 23 will be character transfer.

(h) Soul stones still ... possible ? But developers have no time to do them. My view : /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

ADDED : The official chat log is here

C

CitizenKane2

In case anyone missed it, posted on the official UO website here

<blockquote>The housing server is not allowing players to place or accept ownership of houses at this time. Until this issue is resolved, you will not be able to place or take ownership of a house on any shard. We are working to resolve this and expect the housing server to be available soon. Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience.</blockquote>

C

CitizenKane2

It's been a while since I posted any updates (well, there hasn't been that much UO news /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif). But here goes.

The recent UOHOC Chat Log is as follows (courtesy of MYUO and Wilki24 on UHall) :

<blockquote>Topic is 'UOHOC Tonight 6pm PST THursday. TOpic for tonight is General Discussion. Previous logs can be found at http://uo.stratics.com || Please /msg /query [QT]XenaDragon, [QT]Lyle, &amp; [QT]Nadia'
* Set by Lord-Xanthor on Thu Feb 12 20:33:21
-ChanServ- Welcome, please do not msg anyone other than the question takers listed in the topic. Past UOHOC logs can be found at http://uohoc.stratics.com Thanks

Lord-Xanthor&gt; *WillX* Is the Dev team aware of the Siege "can't raise above 90" Resist problem, and if so, when can we expect a fix?

&lt;Evocare&gt; yes, we are... Mr.Tact was just informing me yesterday that he had found what causes the problem
&lt;Evocare&gt; we do want to fix it, but I don't know offhand what publish it is scheduled for.

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; &lt;Joshua Rowen&gt;Do the Devs feel that the fact that pure-ish mages have no need for Dex, and
&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; thus no need for stat balance, an issue? Why or why not? If so, what have they
&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; considered to encourage more balancing? (Tie FC/FCR to dex?)

&lt;Evocare&gt; Optimally, i'd one day like to see mages have a use for dex, much like warriors now have a use for mana
&lt;Evocare&gt; however, it's not likely that we'd implement it in such a way that it would require you to have more dex to use something you already have (like fc items)
&lt;Evocare&gt; players tend to view this as an outright "nerf", and we like to avoid that unless we simply can't
&lt;Evocare&gt; (believe it or not ;])

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; &lt;Simon[asleep]&gt; Hello - a mage can trigger of his/her wrestling special moves through the use of spell damage, is this likely to be fixed in the near future so it is only wrestle damage that driggers off the special moves? Thanks,
&lt;Evocare&gt; Yep, we're aware of this, although we haven't made a final decision as to whether we should leave it as-is or change it.

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; Judas-Deceit&gt; Is there any new information about release of the character transfer system and any rock solid information about any new rumblings from the dev team for UO especially pvp, Any firm numbers for the limits on casting speed and or combat modifiers i.e. hci,dci,regen,lmc, etc.?

&lt;Evocare&gt; I don't have any new information regarding character transfer... however i can comment a little more on the combat balancing
&lt;Evocare&gt; We are indeed planning on putting some caps on various magic properties
&lt;Evocare&gt; although the final numbers are still being discussed, and won't be made public until we're pretty satisfied with all the numbers as a whole package
&lt;Evocare&gt; We certainly understand that putting caps on some of these properties can cause ripple effects on other properties, so we're proceeding with it as holistically as we can.

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; &lt;Salt&gt; The question I want to ask is "Is it possible to remove guards, or allow reds in the Faction Towns in Felucca so that reds can participate in both Champs and Factions? Thanks."

&lt;Evocare&gt; It is possible, and it is worth

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; *SirFist* Can't you tell us anything about the big plans for UO's future? Come on, even car companys let you see concept cars, some of which never make it to production! :)

&lt;Evocare&gt; Not yet. :p
&lt;Evocare&gt; Believe me, as soon as we can, we will!

[QT]XenaDragon tries to peek in the kitchen and fails

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; &lt;Ghostface&gt; Do you guys plan on doing anything about rampant speedhacking/house hiding/ teleport bug using, the pvp is at an all time low as a result of these things.

&lt;Evocare&gt; Yes, yes, and yes.
&lt;Evocare&gt; Speedman is tackling the speedhacking problem (how appropriate), we plan on fixing the teleport bug, and we have some ideas about how to curb lame housefighting
&lt;Evocare&gt; Well, more like we've heard some of the good ideas you guys have had about how to curb lame house fighting.
&lt;Evocare&gt; Either way, it is something we want to address. =]

Vex has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; *Adamantyr* Since you guys seem to be taking the tough questions tonight, how about this: Is the EM program going to continue? And if not, are there plans to bring back scenarios?
&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; *Wicked* Any news on the EM's? We've heard nothing since before the holidays.

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; [21:26] &lt;Fertbert&gt; can someone verify his IP and invite him
* [QT]XenaDragon chuckles
* Sannio chuckles
&lt;Sannio&gt; There's no plans to reintroduce Scenarios in the foreseeable future. As for the Event Moderators, they haven't officially returned yet, but things are still looking good toward that program returning at some point in the future. We'll keep you updated as the situation progresses.
&lt;Evocare&gt; relatively near future at that =]

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; &lt;WillX&gt; It was stated in the Stratics Tailor Forum some weeks ago that pub 23 would see changes to Runic Sewing Kits, such that the exceptional bonus would be equal to a regular sewing kit. Is this still scheduled for pub 23?

&lt;Hanse&gt; I don't remember the exact wording.
&lt;Hanse&gt; I think the issue was that the low-end runics are not as valuable as crafting with exceptional bonus.
&lt;Hanse&gt; There are a couple ways to balance this issue out. One is to raise the minimum intensity values for the low-end runics and squeeze the ranges of the ones above.
&lt;Hanse&gt; This would allow for more interesting items with the lower runics.
&lt;Hanse&gt; It's possible we may take a look at how good (insane?) the properties would be with the additional exceptional bonuses that normal crafting tools give, as well.

&lt;Evocare&gt; Offhand I don't think there are any runic tailoring changes in pub23, most gameplay changes got moved to pub24.
&lt;Evocare&gt; =[

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; *Ashen-Shugar* I heard something about making Artifacts cursed...true or not? And will there be a limlit on how many one can wear?

&lt;OSI_Speedman&gt; There are no plans at this time to make artifacts cursed
&lt;OSI_Speedman&gt; however
&lt;OSI_Speedman&gt; Fertbert and I have been tossing around a few ideas to make insurance make more sense for better items
&lt;OSI_Speedman&gt; (i.e. charging more to insure more valuable items)
&lt;OSI_Speedman&gt; Of course, i'm not sure when or if this will be included

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; *Zorm* I was wondering what programming language the "scripts" for the NPCS/Items/etc. are written in? I am a programmer and interested in UO so making programs for Ultima Online is fun, any ideas on what to make?

&lt;Evocare&gt; It's a proprietary scripting language called "wombat" used only on UO.
&lt;OSI_Speedman&gt; mmmmm wombat

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; *Flutter* How possible is it we will be seeing sticky pet health bars in the near future? And party health bars staying on screen when we die?

&lt;Fertbert&gt; We're looking at short and long term solutions to those issues. Short term I hope we can address keeping health bars around when you die, long term I hope that we can improve their organization and management. As always noting is certain however.
&lt;Evocare&gt; I'm quite certain Fertbert also wants to put jewelry slots on the 2d paperdoll *nudge nudge*

&lt;Fertbert&gt; OK, I'll confess, I'm already scheduled to look at some of the health bar issues in not so distant publish
* Evocare has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
&lt;Hanse&gt; quiet, you're supposed to be done...

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; &lt;SirFist&gt; Any plans to look at the bod rewards again? Filling bods has gotten boring since the last round of changes.
&lt;Hanse&gt; Uhm... I'm sure there are many systems that folks have grown tired of.
&lt;Hanse&gt; The rewards have been tweaked a bit over time though, for balance issues... So, it may have kept the system "fresh" for you, though.

* Lord-Xanthor sets mode: +o Evocare|OSI

&lt;Hanse&gt; I'm not sure when we'll be able to look at rewards for the system. Rather, a new system would probably be a priority, if we get a schedule for it.
&lt;Evocare|OSI&gt; I think he means a new BOD system
&lt;Evocare|OSI&gt; for other crafting skills.
&lt;Hanse&gt; Of course...

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; *Du_Hast_Cooper* Are there any plans to improve the party and/or guild systems?

&lt;Fertbert&gt; We have some high priority fixes tentatively scheduled for pub 24... we intend to make guild maintenance easier by improving the guildstone interface a bit....
&lt;Fertbert&gt; We're hoping to address the problems with removing/promoting members of large guilds, and also make it easier to manage large guild alliance lists.

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; &lt;Dozer&gt; Any date for new plants for gardeners?

&lt;Evocare|OSI&gt; New plants need dates with gardeners?
&lt;Evocare|OSI&gt; hoho ok not so funny
&lt;Evocare|OSI&gt; Anyways, no current plans for new plants, sorry =[
&lt;Evocare|OSI&gt; It's not for a dislike of plants, it's just a priority issue atm.

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; *SirFist* Why no more scenarios? It's nice to be able to enjoy content like that on your own schedule as opposed to the EM events where you have to be there at a certain time or miss them.

&lt;Evocare|OSI&gt; Well when we had scenarios we were told it was nice to have real people running the events. ;]
&lt;Evocare|OSI&gt; At any rate, the scenarios we once ran aren't likely to happen in their old form.

&lt;Evocare|OSI&gt; The development and testing costs seemed prohibitive.

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; &lt;Sausage&gt; Is there any chance of getting PBD's for new characters on SP, or are they all reserved to being substandard fighters?

&lt;Fertbert&gt; We're all pretty much in agreement that such a change would have a net positive effect, it's just a metter of scheduling priorities at this point. I'm pushing to get PBD out to everyone on siege in one of the next couple publishes.

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; *Eddy* Are you planning to do anything about lvl 1 and 2 treasure maps? As they are worthless right now?
&lt;Hanse&gt; They have less items, true.
&lt;Hanse&gt; But they have chances to spawn very good items.
&lt;Hanse&gt; Remember, the chests are still worth harvesting for low-level treasure hunters. Maybe you should graduate up to higher-level maps and sell the lower ones?

Lord-Xanthor&gt; *Vulcan* Why is dragonscale armor so hard to make for being the worst armor you can have? Why not make it so we can meditate in it and increase the gold scale armors luck up so it's useful?
&lt;Hanse&gt; We're aware of this issue.
&lt;Hanse&gt; We have it logged in our database to be fixed in the future.
&lt;Evocare|OSI&gt; Dragon armor definitely could use some love...
&lt;Evocare|OSI&gt; =]
&lt;Hanse&gt; but not over Valentine's

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; *Coop* When you guys actually put a limit on combat modifiers for pvp.. will this also effect pvm? I personally have never heard a dragon complain about my casting speed.

&lt;Evocare|OSI&gt; Unfortunately some of them will affect pvm.
&lt;Evocare|OSI&gt; However, rest assured that i get daily complaints from those dragons about your casting speed.

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; *Arislan-TC* I have an archery question. Right now in pvp combat and otherwise a bow animation does not insta hit like a melee weapon does. Any comments?
* Sannio has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)

&lt;Evocare|OSI&gt; This is probably the least popular aspect of archery, and we would consider changing it if we have a satisfactory solution.
&lt;Evocare|OSI&gt; I've heard a few pretty good solutions that we will probably consider, but I can't give any assurances on it right now.

&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; I would like to thank everyone for coming tonight!
&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; And thanks to all of the OSI folks for spending their personal time talking to us
&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; Please join #ultima-online for continued, unmoderated chat
&lt;Lord-Xanthor&gt; the log will be posted shortly at http://uohoc.stratics.com</blockquote>

Some interesting points :

(a) OSI/EA repeat that there are plans to put caps n certain magical properties.
(b) Speedhacking still being looked into
(c) Probably no changes to spined runics for Publish 23. (Maybe publish 24 ?)
(d) No plans to make artifacts cursed.
(e) There may be plans to put jewellry slots in 2D paper doll ?
(f) Guildstones looked into for Publish 24
(g) No current plans for new plants

Several clarifications about the upcoming Character Transfers were posted on the General News section of UOStratics :

<blockquote>Runebooks are transferable and the runes will work on the destination shard. However, only runes that point to static locations (like cities, dungeons, other fixed points of interest) would be really meaningful. Runes that point to vendors or player houses wouldn't be as useful on the destination shard.
Treasure maps will also work on the destination shard</blockquote>

<blockquote>It seems likely that a couple of the "old-style" test centers will be available for trying out character transfer, but this isn't set in stone yet.</blockquote>

<blockquote>About 885 items is correct for the limit on the number of items that can transfer.

You are also generally correct about how the transfer crate gets loaded. The items that you have in your possession, in your bank box, and on your pack animals, as well as the pack animals themselves and your stabled pets will all be placed into the Transfer Crate. You will not be able to manually add (or remove) items to the Transfer crate.</blockquote>

P/S Oh yes, advanced valentine's day greetings to all who celebrate it /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

C

CitizenKane2

The "rumours" about EA shutting down OSI is splashed all over the General News section of UO Stratics. So you can (and should) read it at your leisure.

On a seperate note, see this post here, in which a reader claims to be able to reproduce the insurance bug. If this is true, then I think the precautions proposed in that post should be closely followed.

C

CitizenKane2

A lot has happened in the past few days. See the General News section of UO Stratics for :

(1) Confirmation that OSI is shut down by EA - last day for Origin is end of April. Personally I'm sadden by this.

(2) News about the next expansion for UO. Scheduled for release in Fall 2004.

<blockquote>Exploring a mysterious Asian environment, players can strive to master two new professions; one focusing on physical combat abilities, and the other on magical combat and stealth. In addition, players will have new house customization themes and decorations to use in designing and building homes from scratch or modifying their existing homes.</blockquote>

C

CitizenKane2

See this post here for the recent IanStorm chat log.

Some interesting points :

(1) What is meant by "unified pvp system"
(2) No plans for more housing space in new expansion
(3) Fix for speed hack planned for publish 24
(4) New client possibly (?!) I don't understand the answer to that one actually. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif
(5) Publish 23 (Character transfer) planned in March (maybe).
(6) No plans for new ridables.

C

CitizenKane2

Some small updates :

(a) On this thread here, it appears that there are plans to release character transfers to public test centres (yet to be set up ?) sometime this week.

(b) See here for some of Vex's comments on some development issues.

C

CitizenKane2

Character transfers are now available for public testing on "Test Atlantic" and "Test Pacific".

See the FYI section of the official UO website here.

Further, there have been some amendments to the Character Transfer write up in General Testing - see here.
The amendments appear to be

<blockquote>You cannot transfer your character to or from Siege Perilous or Mugen. (Transferring characters from shards with the standard rules to these specialty shards would cause game balance issues.).</blockquote>

and

<blockquote>Characters cannot be transferred from one account to a second account</blockquote>

Finally, you can provide feedback to MrTact on the character transfer process on this thread in UHall - here

C

CitizenKane2

Just a precaution - apparently there is a program out there that allows others to loot secure containers in a house/castle - regardless whether that house is public or private. See this thread here

I'm not sure what precautions can be taken /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

C

CitizenKane2

A rather interesting and intriguing post can be found on UHall here

Apparently Sunsword reveals more details about the upcoming UO expansion. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

S

Shiva1

Sounds really interesting! Thanks for posting the updates Ckane2 /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif I hope you don't mind me "short cutting" your name /php-bin/shared/images/icons/yoda.gif

C

CitizenKane2

Shiva, I don't mind at all ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

C

CitizenKane2

Hmm .... a few suspicious activities going on. I'm not sure whether they are related, but here goes :

(1) Players are reporting that they are getting some sort of "co owner" screen while at Brit Bank. See this thread in UHall - here.

Anyone engaged in any trade (especially selling or trading artifacts) receiving such screens must be extra careful.

(2) Widely reported - the release of some sort of program which (apparently) crashes other people's client. So your UO happens to crash a lot the next few days ... well, you'll know that it may have been the result of an exploit.

On a different note, Sunsword made this post here to clarify some of the remarks he made about the UO expansion. His clarifications include :

<blockquote>When asked about a new graphics engine, my response was that for this expansion, we are not making any major changes to the client. And then I followed up with the fact that UO's playability on low-end machines and laptops was a valuable trait of the service. I also mentioned that we cannot currently talk about any efforts to update UO's client to be more competative with contemporary games</blockquote>

C

CitizenKane2

It does look like character transfers are coming quite soon. The unscheduled transfer for Pacific, Napa Valley, Lake Superior, Atlantic was intended for Character Transfer.

See this thread on UHall here

A poster in that thread said that he/she called EA and was told that the character transfer code would be US$19.99.

C

CitizenKane2

Posted on the general news of UO stratics and on the FYI section of uo.com

(1) Time to pack up your Holiday Trees!

<blockquote>If you are still displaying your holiday tree in your house, please take note: The yuletide season is long over, and it’s time to pack up your holiday trees.
*Any trees still placed in houses will be automatically turned back into deeds with the release of Publish 23, the “Character Transfer publish.”
(1)These deeds will be stuck to the floor where your original holiday tree once stood, and only the characters that placed them will be able to pick them up.
(2)These deeds will not take up any storage lockdowns.
(3)Although they will not decay as quickly as normal, these deeds will decay within 7 days unless you store them someplace safe! Please make sure to store your deeds in your backpack or bank box, or secure them in your house, within that time.

*Players will also not be able to place holiday trees (until next holiday season).

Players are encouraged to deed their holiday trees as soon as possible and to store the deed in a secure location.</blockquote>

(2) And Character Transfer now available for US$19.99 on , Lake Superior, Napa Valley, and Pacific. The link to buy the transfer code is here

ADDED : Character Transfers will probably be available to the rest of the shards in early April (2 weeks' time) as stated in the FYI post at uo.com.

ADDED SOME MORE : A very comprehensive write-up of the character transfer service can be found here

C

CitizenKane2

Posted on the General News section of UO Stratics is the list of bug fixes for the upcoming Publish 23. The link to the list at uo.com can be found here

Apart from Character Transfers and Holiday Gifts being Deactivated, there are also fixes to item properties not updating properly and "Players will now receive a warning message two minutes before a shard begins “gracefully” shutting down, such as before morning maintenance periods (but not before unscheduled shard downtime)".

Speedman on this thread in the UHall forum here explained the rationale for the changes :

<blockquote>Although true, the main correlation between all of these bugs is that they relate in some way to Character Transfer. For instance, whenever you read “after crossing a server boundary” also think of that as when crossing the expanse to a different shard. The only exception is the Item Properties refresh bug which has been a rather large irritation since Publish 22.

As for the backup change, that also pertains to Character Transfer. The change was made so that you would end up in a very predictable place when the shard returns from maintenance. At the end of the two minutes you will get the first “The servers are going down shortly” message. That is where you will be when the shard comes back up.

speedman
UO Server Programmer, Origin Systems</blockquote>

C

CitizenKane2

Not really an update, but just some interesting little things.

On this thread on the UHall about the suspected House Looting Exploit here, MrTact said :

<blockquote>We take exploits of this nature very seriously. In fact we spent some time investigating this issue and have not yet been able to reproduce it.

If anyone has additional details concerning this issue, I encourage you to send it to [email protected]. I will make sure that someone continues to read that mailbox during the move</blockquote>

My guess ? It may be a third party program - and those who have access to that program have not leaked it to EA. I think this means that the exploit is probably still effective - so all house owners, take care. Take sensible precautions - move all secure chests away from the walls and/or shift them to the third floor. Whether these precautions are sufficient, I'm not sure. We just have to keep our fingers crossed that EA fixes this exploit soon.

Interesting list of "known issues" at uo.com here. The known issues include :

(1) Add-on changes direction. Redeeding some house add-ons will result in the name on the deed stating the opposite direction. This is an issue we are aware of and this will be resolved in a future publish. No further information is required on this.

(2) Member limit. If you exceed the 150 member limit on a guildstone you will have some members who are not displayed on the guildstone menus. The only way anyone can remove these members or change their titles is to remove players on the list previous to them until their name appears. In-game support can not do this for you. This is an issue we are aware of and this will be resolved in a future publish. No further information is required on this.

C

CitizenKane2

Already posted on UO Stratics General News :

(1) Character Transfer Coming to Four Japanese Shards - see here. Basically Asuka, Mizuho, Sakura and Wakoku are next on the list of shards in which character transfers are available.

(2) Limited In-game Support - North American, European shards and Oceania. I suspect this means that these are the next shards which will allow character transfers. I also guess this means that Arirang, Balhae and Formosa will be last. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

C

CitizenKane2

It looks like MrTact went on a little posting spree on UO Stratics. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif Good ! I personally like to see more feedback and thoughts from the UO developers.

On monster loot, MrTact posted here

<blockquote>We (the programmers) have started to assemble a design for the valuation system we have talked about in the past, and a new loot generation scheme based on item value. We haven't gotten very far with it yet, and once we do we have to run it past the designers to get their feedback on it. The long and short of it is, we are at the beginning of what is not likely to be a quick process. That's not even factoring in the move. But the journey of a thousand miles, and so on and so forth . . . </blockquote>

I think what this means is that we may (emphasis on "may") see a new kind of loot generator for monsters. I'm not sure how "luck" will factor into this.

On a seperate thread here, MrTact made these comments :

<blockquote>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im sorry to bash you MrTact, but why is it questions like these are answered 20mins after being posted, yet simple post asking wether or not thieving will be changed in the next expansion is ignored even after it is at least 5 pages long?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because character transfer is a hot button for us right now, because it has the potential to royally screw up someone's character permanently if there is an issue with it, and we want to stamp out any such issue posthaste if we see one.

Because we invested so much energy in making char transfer the model of good engineering we plan to follow for the future of UO, we are extremely sensitive to ANYTHING that might be wrong with it. It's a matter of pride.

Because most of us have barely begun to get used to the idea that we're still here, and haven't yet given a lot of thought to the future.

Because we hate thieves . . . WAIT! THAT'S JUST A JOKE!</blockquote>

Good to see MrTact still has a sense of humour ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

C

CitizenKane2

Lots of information coming out about Publish 24 and beyond. See the General News section of UO stratics and especially this thread in UHall - here. These include (among others) :

<blockquote>We've extended holy light and wither's casting time from original 3 casting to 5 casting on Test Sosaria (extended by half a second). We'll be looking at how well this balance tweak affects these spells today.

Faster casting cap of 2 and spell damage increase tweaks will be removed from publish 24, but stay on Test Sosaria until it is republished.

Swamp dragon armor, house fighting, a bola balance change, and holy light/wither tweaks will be in publish 24, though.</blockquote>

<blockquote>We're not giving up on the faster casting caps. You're right on guessing that it's being pushed for more testing. Publish 24 is going to be published earlier than we originally planned, so we removed many changes that would have taken longer than this week to complete and test.

Bolas are currently able to be scripted around by dismounting and remounting. We're going to change it so the message of swinging the bola happens prior to targeting a person rather than after. This way the script can not time itself to dismount and avoid the bola.

Wither and holy light had their spell casting delay extended from 3 to 5.</blockquote>

Other information include :

(a) Publish 24 expected around late April (Bear in mind that Publish 23 has not actually been released yet, although the expected date is probably very soon).

(b) Resist on Siege to be fixed in Publish 24 (Yay for those playing on Siege /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif)

(c) Publish 25 will probably include the faster cast cap of 2, possible loot changes to monsters (not confirmed at this point)

(d) In Hanse's view - "Holy light and wither are being abused and are not required for the entire chivalry and necromancy skills to be re-balanced".

That's quite a lot of information to digest ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

C

CitizenKane2

Oh yes, and posted here on the FYI section of the uo.com -here - Character Transfer (Publish 23) Going Worldwide (reminder : take down those Christmas trees !) :

<blockquote>Having completed the testing phase of the new Character Transfer system, we're now ready to release the service worldwide. Publish 23 (the "Character Transfer publish") will be released to all remaining shards according to the schedule below.

Please note that the four remaining North American shards will be brought down outside of their normal maintenance schedule in order to receive this publish. However, all other shards will receive the publish as of their normal maintenance periods.

North American Shards (Catskills, Lake Austin, Legends, Siege Perilous):
9:00 am CST, Wednesday, March 24

Australian Shard (Oceania)
5:00 am AEST, Thursday, March 25
(2:00 pm CST, Wednesday, March 24)

Japanese Shards (Yamato, Izumo, Hokuto, Mugen):
8:00 am JST, Thursday, March 25
(5:00 pm CST, Wednesday, March 24)

Korean Shards (Arirang, Balhae):
8:00 am KST, Thursday, March 25
(5:00 pm CST, Wednesday, March 24)

Taiwanese Shard (Formosa):
8:00 am CCT, Thursday, March 25
(6:00 pm CST, Wednesday, March 24)

European Shards (Europa, Drachenfels):
5:00 am GMT, Thursday, March 25
(11:00 pm CST, Wednesday, March 24)

While Siege Perilous and Mugen will be receiving Publish 23, the new Character Transfer system will not be available on either shard. However, these shards will receive the additional bug fixes and changes that are a part of this publish. You can find more information on these changes by clicking here. </blockquote>

C

CitizenKane2

Posted on the General News section of UOStratic - the following news (among others)

(a) Clothing Bless Deeds - Change being tested. The change is that CBDs will not be able to bless artifacts (eg hat of magi) Any artifact already so blessed will have the CBD returned. I suspect this has to do with future insurance changes to artifacts ?

(b) Confirmation that Hooded Shroud of Umbra are legal to own on any shard (including shard transferred items) and will not be "changed" in any future publish.

On UHall, there is a thread here, there appears to be some sort of exploit/3rd party program which can cause players to lag. I hope this will be fixed soon.

C

CitizenKane2

Not really an update - but FYI on UO Stratics Policy - Clarification on an abbreviation of the word Japanese here

<blockquote>Recently, the word "jap" has begun to be used with frequency on these forums, and that has caused a bit of a stir. So, to clarify things for everyone, I'm posting this note. The word is considered offensive by many people around the world. I realize that some people are not aware of this, but it is true nonetheless.

So, our policy is going to be to disallow use of this word. In cases where it appears people are just unaware of the policy, and the word was not used in a malicious manner, they will be asked to edit their post, with an explanation of our policy. This will not be an "official" warning, but rather a simple request. People who keep using the word, after it's been documented that they were made aware of the policy, will have action taken against their account(s).

If you simply must use an abbreviation for Japanese, I believe that JP is acceptable (and one less letter to type).

Please do not start new threads asking about or make posts in existing threads talking about this word, its degree of offensiveness, our about our policy - the same goes for any other word. Direct any questions or comments in PM, or write to [email protected].

For those who are offended by my use of the word here, I apologize, but many people truly don't understand the offensiveness of the word, and some probably wouldn't know what I was talking about if I didn't use it once as an example</blockquote>

C

CitizenKane2

Just some short points. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Formosa - The Community Centre at Trammel, Skara Brae has been decorated. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Posted on the General News Section of UO Stratics :-

(a) Update on GM support from Platinum expected soon.
(b) Posted here, the most recent UOHOC Chat Log. Details of Publish 24 to be released soon (next week ?), more info on expansion in the next 2 months, PvP - leathal poison, ethy mounts and bolas being looked into, possible new content for Gardeners and cooking.

C

CitizenKane2

There appears to be some sort of weird bug - on a wide spread scale - occuring. Something to do with "squires" - see this thread on UHall here

C

CitizenKane2

It appears that the exploit used to transport (unwilling) players to Haven has been fixed. Speedman posted here

<blockquote>Fertbert, myself, and a few GMs took care of this little problem. The exploiters shouldn't be able to teleport you to Haven by the same means.

The shards stayed up while the fix was applied, and no reverts due to this problem should be necessary.

speedman
UO Server Programmer, Origin Systems</blockquote>

C

CitizenKane2

Publish 24 - List of changes found here

<blockquote>Publish 24, as with most game publishes, contains a number of game updates and bug fixes. This article contains a summary of the upcoming game improvements that will come about with Publish 24.

Gameplay

*Players with max Valor points will no longer be inundated with the "You have achieved the highest path in Valor and can no longer gain any further" message at Champion spawns.
*Saplings will no longer impede movement.
*Made it easier to loot pack animals. All objects placed on a pack animal will now fall into one bag should the creature die.
*Peacemaking will now decrease uses remaining on instruments.
*Fixed an issue with cutting a large number of bolts of cloth that would result in a stack that exceeds the maximum amount allowed.
*Fixed an issue with combining ore that would result in a stack that exceeds the maximum amount allowed.
*Young players will have their "young" tags properly displayed on their item properties again.
*Fixed the ability to gain magic resist above 90.0 on Siege Perilous.
*Fixed an issue that caused victims to not be cleared properly from a player's "aggressor victim list" once the victim has been dispatched, which could impede the player's ability to instantly log out, recall, use gates, or re-enter his home (with the new house fighting balance changes - see below).

Game Balance

*Increased the spell delay of Holy Light to 1.25 seconds.
*Increased the spell delay of Wither to 1.25 seconds.
*Added a 3 second remount delay for bola usage.
*As part of the house fighting balance change, players will no longer be able to enter a house if they attack another player that is not in their guild or in a warring guild.
*Murderers can now enter guard zones on non-Siege ruleset shards.

Service Improvements

*Higher bandwidth efficiency for spell casting and item properties.
*Anti-speedhacking improvements</blockquote>

On a thread in UHall here

Fertbert posted (partial quote)

<blockquote>Here's the game plan:
Publish 24 went to a public test center moments ago. Once it's been stable for 24 hours without a non-legacy show-stoping bug we'll put publish 24 on Test Sosaria for about a week. If no stability issues and no non-legacy show-stoping bugs are found then we'll put publish 24 on a production shard for 24 hours. If no stability issues and no non-legacy show-stoping bugs are found then we'll put publish 24 on the rest of the production shards.

If at any point in that process we find a show stopping issue, then we'll wash-rinse-repeat. Likewise if we find a better way to work this process, then we may alter these plans at any time.</blockquote>

So it does look that Publish 24 is coming soon. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

C

CitizenKane2

Not really an update, but more of a consolidation (and reminder).

Already posted on the General News section of UO Stratics :

(1) Publish 24 being released to Atlantic shard first and probably to the other shards this week. As a reminder, the changes with Publish 24 include :

(a) Players will no longer be able to enter a house if they attack another player that is not in their guild or in a warring guild.
(b) Murderers can now enter guard zones on non-Siege ruleset shards.

(2) Test shard for PvP is up - "Hanse PvP" shard. Players get a complete set of artifacts in the bank box in this test shard. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif Note the changes being considered for publish 25. Among others :

(a) FC cap 2, protection FC cap 0
(b) Swamp dragons do not protect in PvP.
(c) Spell Damage Increase cap (PvP only, not PvM): Int bonus 1% per 10, Inscription bonus 10% max, and SDI 15% max. This gives a max SDI of 37% for PvP.

C

CitizenKane2

Posted here, Fertbert made the following comments about archery :

<blockquote>OK, here's what is tentatively planned for publish 25. Publish 25 is the launch vehicle for what we hope will be a very pleasant surprise, so there is always a chance that these archery changes might not make publish 25. That being said, I'm not one for spending time typing up posts for stuff that I don't think is likely to happen.

Here goes:
- archery crash fix... looks like Speedman fixed the main crash... I'm going to try to get this out early... you all have put up with the crashing for far too long
- move without missing:
* delay before the arrow is fired instead of afterwards
* reduced hit chance if you move during the delay
* no hit chance reduction if you use moving shot
- looking into hit chance issues... making sure it seems balanced against other weapon skills... making sure "hit chance increase" is working as intended
- use best weapon skill replacement on bows... favoring lower ammo cost... if we go that route we'll probably also add "lac" as a potential property on armor as well, so that you could conceivably make a 100% lac suit.

Two things I'm considering asking a designer to have a look at for publish 25 if time allows:
- check into damage-over-time for ranged weapons
- making bola hit chance be based upon archery skill

That's it for now... which isn't to say that you should have to wait a long time to see any other changes... We're shortening the publish cycle... which means we will be doing some of these changes incrementally and we'll be able to address things like this on a more frequent basis.

Oh, and we've got that expansion coming up... I wonder if Japanese warriors ever partook of the art of the bow? I guess I'll just have to wait and find out.

Cheers,
Fertbert</blockquote>

C

CitizenKane2

Quick Notes :

(1) Arirang and Balhae - Maintenance Time Change. See here :

<blockquote>Starting on Tuesday, May 11 KST (Monday, May 10 PDT), both the Arirang and Balhae shards will be switching to a new morning maintenance time. From now on, these two shards will be brought down at 9:00 am KST (5:00 pm PDT) each morning for their scheduled maintenance. </blockquote>

(2) Character Transfer Unavailable on Atlantic. Same link as above :

<blockquote>Players that have been trying to transfer to or from the Atlantic shard may have noticed that they are unable to do so. This is because the Character Transfer service can only be used between shards that have the same publish version. Since the Atlantic shard recently received Publish 24, you will not be able to transfer your character to or from Atlantic until your destination or origin shard have received this publish as well. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused.</blockquote>

(3) UO.com Emails Bouncing Back.

<blockquote>Sorry that the uo.com email addresses appear to be having issues. I will see about having that looked into. On a side note, if you wish to send an email to GM Reviews you will need to do so using the "In-game GM Incident Review" form located on http://support.uo.com. We are no longer responding to Reviews mail that is sent directly to [email protected].
Thanks,

Platinum
Customer Service Manager
EA Player Relations</blockquote>

(4) Some changes to the test shard "Hanse pvp" - see here

<blockquote>For your enjoyment during E3 week, we've modified Hanse's PvP to show kills and deaths you've earned on your character to anyone nearby. We also have a small leaderboard (top 10 players for Felucca, not Trammel). It's simple, but should be fun for the week.

Thanks to everyone that got on the Test Center over the weekend! I've been reading tons of emails and posts and I'm culling through items that we will implement for publish 25.

See y'all next week! I'm off to E3...

- Hanse
UO Live Designer</blockquote>

C

CitizenKane2

A little late in the day but anyay, if anyone doesn't already know - Publish 24 hits Formosa tomorrow. See here :

<blockquote>Publish 24, which is already live on the Atlantic shard, has been approved for release to all shards worldwide. We will be bringing down the remaining shards according to the schedule below (which also lists the expected downtimes for each group) in order to implement this publish.

This publish includes the updates listed in the "Publish 24 Updates and Bug Fixes" article of UO.com's Update Center.

Please note: Character Transfers will be unavailable between shards that do not have the same publish version. For example, if you are interested in transferring from a shard that has received Publish 24, to a shard that has yet to receive the publish, you will have to wait until both shards have been updated with the publish before the transfer can occur ...

Japanese Shards (Asuka, Hokuto, Izumo, Mizuho, Mugen, Sakura, Wakoku, Yamato): Downtime of about 2 hours.
8:00 am JST, Thursday, May 13
(11:00 pm UTC/GMT, Wednesday, May 12)

Korean Shards (Arirang, Balhae): Downtime of about 2 hours.
9:00 am KST, Thursday, May 13
(12:00 am UTC/GMT, Thursday, May 13)

Taiwan Shard(Formosa): Downtime of about 2 hours.
8:00 am CCT, Thursday, May 13
(12:00 am UTC/GMT, Thursday, May 13)</blockquote>

The changes introduced with Publish 24 can be found here

C

CitizenKane2

Looks like Publish 24 is delayed - posted here

<blockquote>Due to a lag-related issue with Publish 24, we've decided to delay its worldwide release, so that we may address the issue before releasing the publish to the rest of the shards. At this time, we do not have an updated schedule for the worldwide release, but will post again as soon as we do.</blockquote>

C

CitizenKane2

Posted on FYI - here - Housing and Character Transfer Downtime - All shards :

<blockquote>The Housing and Character Transfer services will be undergoing some maintenance today, May 17 PST, and will be temporarily unavailable on all shards during this time. The maintenance is expected to begin at 2:00 pm PST (9:00 pm UTC/GMT) and will last for approximately 90 minutes.

During this downtime, players will not be able to place or transfer any houses, and they will not be able to transfer characters from one shard to another.

We will be conducting a similar maintenance on Wednesday, May 19 PST, which will also affect all shards. This maintenance will occur at 2:00 pm PST (9:00 pm UTC/GMT) and will require the Housing and Character Transfer services to be down for approximately 2 hours. A reminder will be posted about this maintenance on Wednesday morning.

We apologize for any inconvenience this downtime may cause.</blockquote>

I had some hesitation adding this, but I think players should be aware that an issue may (or may not) arise in relation to the purchase of game time codes - see this thread here.

C

CitizenKane2

Already posted on the General News section of UO Stratics - More changes to Hanse PvP test shard.

The thread can be found here, and includes :

<blockquote>All stats capped at 150.

Lower Mana Cost: Cap 40%.

Hit Chance Increase / Defense Chance Increase: Capped at 45%.

Damage increase: Cap 100%

Swing speed increase: Cap 30% (we know this breaks dryad bow and the maul...we'll talk about this in the future, but not this thread).

Cure spell: Way overpowered. Use potions (see below).

120 magery attempting to heal level 5 is now a 25% chance. 120 magery level 4 is 58% chance. 120 magery level 3 is 91% chance. Level 2 and 1 are 100%.

100 magery level 5 is 10% chance. Level 4 - 43%. Level 3 - 76%. Level 2 and 1 are 100%.

Cure potions:
Enhanced potions property was having the OPPOSITE effect. It is bugged currently on production shards. Fixed for Hanse's PvP. Increased effectiveness of the potions, as well, due to the cure spell being lowered.

Bandages:
Uses 26 hp point range for PvM and PVP pets.

Sling your ideas around! I wanted to get wrestling enhancements in, disarm, regen caps, reveal skill based, tracking skill based, healing potion increases, special move delays, and parry issues resolved, but we'll look at doing them later this week.

- Hanse
UO Designer</blockquote>

And yes, possibly stackable potions in the future ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

C

CitizenKane2

Posted on FYI here - more on Housing and Character Transfer Unavailable - All shards.

<blockquote>As a reminder, the Housing and Character Transfer services will be unavailable on all shards today, Wednesday, May 19, starting at 2:00 pm PST (9:00 pm UTC/GMT). We will be conducting some maintenance that will take approximately 2 hours to complete. During this time, you will not be able to place or transfer houses, or transfer characters from one shard to another. Thanks for your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.</blockquote>

Posted on the General News section of UO Stratics - more comments from the developers on the proposed changes in Hanse PvP test shard. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

C

CitizenKane2

Already posted on the General News section of UO Stratics - information about the 7th Anniversary Pack. I only hope Singapore gets this package as well - and soon. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Some further comments on this thread in UHall here :

<blockquote>The build of U9 in the pack is the latest version with the absolute latest patches. The same is true for the build of UO although by the time it hits the shelves you may have to patch since we would have gone through another publish cycle.

The goal of the extra character slot here is to give players who buy the expansion pack room to try out the new professions and something extra that many players have requested.

Toes</blockquote>

<blockquote>The code you get is only good for one account.

This does not mean you're paying for a vet reward, 7 year accounts will get a vet reward as normal.

Lastly as many people have stated the primary motiviation to release the Anniversary Edition is to get UO back on store shelves until the Expansion is complete. At the same time we were looking for ways to give players some value that would complement the package.

Toes </blockquote>

<blockquote>You are incorrect. The 7th Anniversary Edition serves one primary purpose, which is to re-estabilish our presence in the retail channels. It's important for the health of the service that we maintain a box presence so that we always have new players coming in, even in between expansions.

Given that we are adding new professions with the upcoming expansion, and the number of requests we've seen for a 6th character slot, we thought this was a great opportunity see how much demand there really is for the additional slot. To make sure that it provides enough value to current players purchasing the box for the extra character slot, we also added the rare items. Obviously, I think the total package is worth $20.

To address your concern regarding on-going bug fixing, I think it's important to note that unlike most of our previous expansions, there's a seperate, dedicated Live Team that will continue to do regular publishes and bug fixes (witness Hanse's PvP server). This team is led by Peter "Fertbert" Phillips. Also worth noting, I've been very impressed by our new QA group here at EA Headquarters. They're extremely professional and diligent, and I expect our publishes to improve noticeably as a result.

On a personal note, one of the big reasons that I decided to make the move to California was that EA has been supportive of my staffing recommendations and long-term plans for UO. That includes a permanent Live Team, even during expansions.

Anthony Castoro
"SunSword"
Producer, Ultima Online </blockquote>

On a seperate thread, this was posted :

<blockquote>Hello all,

I just wanted to stop by and clarify a couple of things.

- The "M" rating is for Ultima IX: Ascension.
- Ultima Online is still currently rated "T" for Teen.
- The extra character slot will not apply to Siege or Mugen
- Everyone (regardless of whether or not you bought the 7th Anniversary Edition) will receive a code for one of the items on UO's 7th anniversary.
- Check the official site now

Thanks and stay tuned for all the details coming next week.
- Binky </blockquote>

Also, see the General News section for the latest changes made to Hanse PvP test shard.

C

CitizenKane2

On the 7th Anniversary UO pack, Sunsword made the following post here :

<blockquote>I would love to make sure this is available in all territories, but first we have to convince the other territory leaders that the demand is sufficient. Feel free to let them know. At the moment, it's US only, I'll check to see if Canada is included.</blockquote>

Sunsword also confirmed that the 6th character slot is a permanent addition.

C

CitizenKane2

More info about the 7th Anniversary pack can be found here.

See also UO Stratics General News section for more discussion on the 7th Anniversary pack. The thread in the UHall forum can be found here. Binky EA did post that EA was still working on launching the 7th Anniversary Pack outside US and Canada.

C

CitizenKane2

The UOHOC chat is now going on. A poster, MYUO, has helpfully put up a "live" broadcast of it here on UHall.

One of the questions asked and answered :

<blockquote>&lt;Brannoc&gt; *CitizenKane2* Formosa, Arirang and Balhae do not seem to be having events of the same frequency as other EM supported shards. Are there any plans to improve the situation for events for these shards?
&lt;Zilo&gt; That's going to change. We're working with the Korean GM support to implement events on those shards. You should start to see events there, weekly, in the upcoming months.</blockquote>

A big thank you to the individual who put forward this question and Zilo for answering it ! I'm really looking forward to more events on Formosa ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

ADDED : The full chat log can be found here

C

CitizenKane2

Not really an update but a helpful guide.

On this thread here, you can find a summary of all the proposed changes to pvp and Hanse PvP shard. Hanse posted in that thread :

<blockquote>Good post. A correction and an addition:

1) Bandages 19 hp damage PvP to interupt. 26 in PvM.

2) Wrestling minimum damage increased from 1 to 2 (2-4 instead of 1-4).

It's too bad the fix for wrestling special moves being fired off from spells isn't being fixed this round of fixes. I really wanted that in, but it is such a fundamental change to fix the issue that we couldn't risk it. The fix would require us to change all damage calls in the game.

Anyway, Hanse's PvP is down this weekend. We'll get it online as soon as QA is finished with the hardware.

- Hanse
UO Designer</blockquote>

C

CitizenKane2

Some quick bits and pieces.

Already posted on UO Stratics General News section :

(a) The last of the 7th Anniversary Gifts revealed - Samurai helmet.

(b) More details on the Hearth of Home Fire 7th Anniversary gift - it is a add-on (as opposed to a lock down)

Ferbert made the following posts (among others) - here andhere

<blockquote>I've just put up the 7th Anniversary test center, "Test T7A". There's nothing new to try on there... this is more of a stability test, and a test to see if we missed any unintentional changes to the other game systems.

The more interesting news is that, if this test goes well, the 7th Anniversary publish will go to Test Sosaria sometime tomorrow and we will make the 7th Anniversary gifts available there for everyone to try out.

Cheers,
Fertbert</blockquote>

AND

<blockquote>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How about jewellry slots for the 2D paper doll (like that of the 3D paper doll)?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are a few 3D client features that we'd like to port to the 2D client... some of them are pretty much ready for QA thanks to Speedman, so stay tuned... if all goes well you should be seeing some of them in one of the next couple of publishes.

Cheers,
Fertbert</blockquote>

In the latter link, there is a report that the "the shift dragging and dbl-click all buy" options have been added to the 2D client. Cool ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

C

CitizenKane2

A quick note. Over here, Binky EA (Online Community Manager) posted 7th Anniversary Edition Gifts - Random selection news :

<blockquote>Hail and fare thee well,

You know how there was an overwhelming demand to have the 7th Anniversary Edition Gits be selectable? Well, I hope you won’t be disappointed…

After discussing this at length with the team you no longer have to worry about that!

After considering the overwhelming response to the random distribution of the Ultima Online 7th Anniversary Edition gifts, we have taken a few resources away from other tasks and implemented the ability for you to choose whichever item you want.

So now, if you want the Tapestry of Sosaria, you are guaranteed to get the Tapestry of Sosaria!

Enjoy!</blockquote>

See also the General News section of UO Stractics also for (among other things) more detailed information on how repairs work (and the formula for calculating chance of durability loss).

C

CitizenKane2

The 7 Anniversary Gifts are now available on Test Sosaria for ... er ... testing. See here

I love the leggings. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

C

CitizenKane2

Finally, some news. Already posted on UO Stratics General News Section and uo.com -

(1) 7th Anniversary Publish Coming to the Baja Shard - see here

<blockquote>We are planning to release the 7th Anniversary publish to the Baja shard today, June 16th. The shard will be brought down at approximately 11:00am (PST) to receive the publish. The downtime is expected to last between 1-2 hours. This publish is the server side update for the Ultima Online 7th Anniversary Edition. You can find more information about the 7th Anniversary Edition here.

Barring any unforeseen issues, we plan on publishing the rest of the shards this week. A detailed publish schedule will be posted once the worldwide release date and times have been confirmed.</blockquote>

In a nutshell, the 7th Anniversary Publish is expected to hit the rest of the shards (including Formosa) this week. If you click on the link to the 7AE gifts, you will see that the description of the Ancient Samurai Helmet has been changed to :

<blockquote>Defense chance increase and high resistances</blockquote>

This probably means that the earlier plan to put swing speed increase and damage increase on the Helmet has been changed and what was put on the Test Shard (15% dci) was not an error.

(2) Client Patch 4.0.3b - see here

The new client patch yesterday was to deal with Improved 6th character slot support for the 2D and 3D client and Female hair types no longer show through the samurai helmet for the 3D client.

(3) Publish 25 - Estimated Time. On this thread in the UHall forum here, Fertbert posted the following information (among others) :

(a) Publish 25 will follow in roughly 2-3 weeks. I take this to mean that the 7AE will be released without publish 25 (7AE is scheduled next week, I think). EA is done testing for publish 25 - that probably means that most (if not all) of the changes in Hanse PvP Shard will go through.

(b) Publish 26 is in the planning stages.

For players living in Taiwan, details about the release of the 7AE pack and the particulars of shops (including online shops) which will carry the pack can be found on the official Taiwan UO Website here under the heading "Latest Activities News".