• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced Client 2 Small Bugs: EC Fishing Macro/Britannian Boat & Hedge Security

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two bugs to report;

The first is confirmed from another player, although I didn't see the cause until I myself purchased a Britannian Ship tonight. Using the following macro repeated:

"Target By Resource > Fishing Rod > Water
Delay 8.000"

Works fine on the Tokuno, Orc and Gargoyle ships. However aboard the Britannian Boat, it seems to simply stop constantly; I suspect it can't find the water, as this is especially prevalent when moving.

There's a further problem in that the following actions all seem to stop the macro on any ship;

Ordering/manually changing direction of the ships movement
Ordering the ship to Stop
Ordering the ship to Start Tracking.
Opening the Radar Map to expanded size (In Pinco, I'm doing this via the Toggle Tactical Map macro)
Opening the Hold
Eating the Rare Fish

There may be more, but these are the obvious ones seen whilst on fishing trips...

Secondly, and a simple bug to explain: Hedges now seem to have Security Settings. You can context click them and select who has access. You can't actually look inside these mysterious hedge-boxes, as they aren't acting as containers, they just seem to have the security gump now.

Adam

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Fishing using Target by Resource has stopped working from my Gargoyle ship also, was fine until the latest patch download earlier today.

Seems to be fine from the shore or pier.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fishing using Target by Resource has stopped working from my Gargoyle ship also, was fine until the latest patch download earlier today.

Seems to be fine from the shore or pier.
I think you may be right; I'm having difficulty with keeping it consistent on my other ships now too... It may not be that the shore/pier work, but that when on a ship you're normally moving?

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
"Target By Resource > Fishing Rod > Water
Delay 8.000"
This issue is not just a fishing issue, but appears to be occuring with all Target By Resources macros. Thank you for the report, I have submitted a problem report into the system on this issue.

Hedges now seem to have Security Settings.
This may have been the result of a bug fix associated with the castle courtyards. As this is not a signifigant problem I do not belive that this issue will be changed.

T

Tazar

I think the hedges have the security gump because they can be turned into topiary. Would setting it to friend allow friends with the appropriate booster pack to transform the hedges into topiary for you?

Adam

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Now that the Pub 80 hot fixes have been applied, I can no longer replicate the Target by Resource issue for fishing. Seems to be working fine from my freshly purchased Britannian Ship :D