• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lumberjacking] 2 Hours of Lumberjacking - results

L

LoL/Sonoma

As a counterpart to the data i collected doing two hours of Mining, i have followed it up with two hours of Lumberjacking.

From here i'll start editing both data with additional hours as i can get to them. Once i get at least 6 hours of data i'll add percentages and ratios for the specials
. 6 hours now reached

Time: ~6 Hours (Give or take 15 mins due to distractions)
Style: Lumberjacking with Pack Beetle in tow
Character: Human. 760 Luck

Boards/Specials
Boards: 64,174 --- 76.7%
Oak: 12,529 --- 15%
Ash: 2,475 --- 3%
Yew: 2,695 --- 3.2%
Heartwood: 913 --- 1.1%
Bloodwood: 836 --- 1%
Frostwood: 0 --- 0% :)

Amber: 10 --- 1 in 760.2 chops
Bark: 764 --- 1 in 10 chops
Lum. Fungi: 228 --- 1 in 33.3 chops
Parasitic: 78 --- 1 in 97.5 chops
Switch: 146 --- 1 in 52.1 chops

L

LoL/Sonoma

Indeed. Cant get the heartwood, nor any of the special items until you hit 100.

L

LoL/Sonoma

Added two more hours. Was definitely a slower trip with more distractions. I did about 15% less total wood in the same amount of time.

L

LoL/Sonoma

Added two more hours from the past weekend. Also added ratios based off drops per successful chop for the specials and percentages for the woods.

Frostwood continues to elude me. =P

L

LoL/Sonoma

Sweet. The old rule still holds true. If you pancake on the forums about not getting something you will immediately get it. ;)

A bit of quick lumberjacking at lunch and 15 minutes in i hit a tree for 143 frostwood. Score! =)

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why on earth are you lumbering in monglow and not Ter Mur, where there is a chance of crystal shards also? :)

L

LoL/Sonoma

No SA upgrade on my Lumberjack account. I might have bought it when it went on sale the other day, but they didnt advertise it and i didnt find out until after the sale. =P

Besides, since i was more interested in the wood drop percentages, i wasnt really looking to get the shards. =)

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
alrite hehe.. but i never lumber anywhere but ter mur personally :p

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, the chance to find high end Woods, especially Frostwood, is utterly ridiculous. I can spend 10-15 mins Mining, and find a Valorite Vein, and that's not even using Prospector's Tools or Gargoyle Pickaxes. Yet i can spend hours upon hours LJing, and not find a single Heartwood, Bloodwood or Frostwood tree. Most of the Frostwood i get now comes from my Tree Stump house decoration...

They seriously need to add something in for LJ like they have for Miner's. I've already stated this before a few years ago, but they need to create an "Orcish Axe" that behaves like a Gargoyle's Pickaxe, and can be found as loot on Orc Choppers. When used, it ups the quality of wood recieved by one level, and there's a small chance that it'll summon an angry Woodfellow/Dryad of the appropiate wood type. When killed, the Woodfellow/Dryad has 50 Logs of the corresponding wood on it's corpse.

M

Macrophage999

You can have 95 LJ and get heartwood or better provided you have 100 modified skill. (use Melisande hatchet). Even though Frostwood is incredibly rare, once you find a spot you'll get hundreds of it, unlike valorite. And even when you get 25 valorite ore you may have 0 ingots because you need to melt it. I still have Frostwood spots that have not been changed since patch.

H

harryo

You can have 95 LJ and get heartwood or better provided you have 100 modified skill. (use Melisande hatchet). Even though Frostwood is incredibly rare, once you find a spot you'll get hundreds of it, unlike valorite. And even when you get 25 valorite ore you may have 0 ingots because you need to melt it. I still have Frostwood spots that have not been changed since patch.
I have found a total of 2 FW trees since becoming GM. One was right next to my house! One gave 22 boards and the other 33. Both changed to oak within 24 to 48 hrs and have stayed that way. I check them on occasion. I have found no other FW. I have chopped over 200k boards this week in a hunt for FW but to no avail. BW trees seem to stay BW, and HW trees have changed on me for all but one. LJ is MUCH more frustrating than mining when it comes to finding the better resources.

Duduz

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Sorry my noob question, but luck change the amount of log that you can lumber???

Is the same for mining and others skills ???

Regards,