• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

1990s player: could use a guild or buddy for guidance

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hi all. I used to play way back in the hally mage precasting days. I thought I'd try UO again and boooooy is it different. Nothing is the same and I'm a bit lost. I went through the new player guides and some of those seem outdated. If anyone wants to help, I'd be happy to get some advice. I want to figure out what the best way to get some decent gear (was using npc bought gear) and where to progress (fighting ettins in new haven is getting boring). I could also use a guild for PvM (with a dab in PvP) too.

Btw, how do you guys message each other in game? Is there a new system or is everyone still on ICQ?

Thanks!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome back to UO!

There is an in-game general chat system now, but pretty much everyone still uses ICQ as well :)

PurplePotion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Tabin, what are your play times? My friends and I (mainly me) tend to play from 10 pm est -2 am est m- f and all hours on weekends. I'm always looking for a few decent people to run with. If your on during those times, send me a pm and we can work something out.

Last edited:

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all. I used to play way back in the hally mage precasting days. I thought I'd try UO again and boooooy is it different. Nothing is the same and I'm a bit lost. I went through the new player guides and some of those seem outdated. If anyone wants to help, I'd be happy to get some advice. I want to figure out what the best way to get some decent gear (was using npc bought gear) and where to progress (fighting ettins in new haven is getting boring). I could also use a guild for PvM (with a dab in PvP) too.

Btw, how do you guys message each other in game? Is there a new system or is everyone still on ICQ?

Thanks!
www.uwf.rocks
United We Fight
It's a fun, friendly, helpful guild.

Siq

Visitor
A friend and i recently returned as well. we made our own guild and just started training, You are more then welcome to join us. we plan to do pvm and maybe some pvp later. you can skype, or Aim me @ Siquaba