• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] 190 Luck + 4 HCI ... How was it crafted?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK... So I'm trying to get 190 luck + 4 HCI on a Sampire luck suit. I would like to make it studded but metal is also acceptable. I just did some looking and I guess I was mistaken bc I knew you couldn't select Vicious with a Horned Runic Reforge but I was thinking you'd be able to do it with a Powerful Copper Hammer possibly which isn't the case. The only method I see left is to reforge with a runic that will hit 150 luck before enhance and not specify that 2nd name and have it do the random roll for the other property and get lucky with 4 HCI. This is insane though when you consider crafting specific resist base pieces... then hoping to get 150 luck.. Then hoping to get 4 HCI as well. Anyone confirm this is the only way to do it? That pic is from a guy on ATL I saw running around & he had 3 total 190 luck + 4 HCI pieces though the base resists of those pieces aren't an amazing distribution or anything..

polanco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know the guy who you are talking about
hes cata on stratics
I think the way you said is correct, maybe he can say for sure

polanco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its funny just as I saw your post I was testing to see how it could be done on test
and I figured it out, it isn't with copper its with golden and without powerful

just use grand and inspired with a golden runic hammer
then imbue LMC and SI
not sure about the lower requirements though

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lower Requirements is a property from enhancement with Gold.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many attempts it takes to get such item?

LoL... A LOT ! So Far I'm 2/5 Pieces of a Studded Luck Suit but I ALWAYS start with the hardest piece 1st with each following piece being statistically easier to make. Imagine the following...

1) Craft a base exceptional Studded piece with the following Exceptional / Armslore Distribution : 3-3-11-2-12
I'd have to guess the odds of that are 1 :2000 or so......

2) Attempt to Reforge Said piece with a horned Runic. Select Auspicious (No powerful) for a 3 Charge reforge and ROLL THE DICE.... hoping that the 2nd mod lands on 4HCI.. but not simply 4%HCI but 4% HCI WITH 150 luck... oh yeah.. and NO other Mods lol.. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-5%... so at best 5:100..

3) I've got 2/5 pieces that are 150 luck + 1 Resist ... So that's a Auspicious + Fortification for a 5 Charge Reforge... but IF you roll 150 luck (don't recall odds on that) you only have a 1 in 5 of actually rolling the resist you want..

Oh WHAT fun. There is a reason you don't see many HCI Studded Suits.. or ANY actually. Metal is MUCH easier bc you can go for just 150 luck. Getting 4% HCI is a pita heh.

Last edited: