• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

19 Years of Britannian Legacy with 500 FREE Sovereigns

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
"Greetings Everyone,

I would like to start off by thanking each of you for supporting Ultima Online as we celebrate 19 years this September 24th! As a special thanks to our long time subscribers we are going to deposit 500 Sovereigns in every master account with an active subscription account at least 10 years old as a token for our appreciation of your continued support! You will notice this by the end of September so make sure you visit the Ultima Store to claim this gift!"

:danceb:

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this mean actually HAVING 120+ months on the account age, or just that it was opened prior to 2006? I'm hoping it's the latter, because I ain't gonna complain about 500 free Sovereigns.

Clarification from @Mesanna or @Kyronix, perhaps?

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
10 Years Active; MASTER ACCOUNT must contain an active UO subscription of 10 years, this means paid consistently from pre September 24 2006. (not every 10year+single account=500Sovereigns, so if you have multiples you still only get the 500) (so no, your account you made in 2006 and had active for 1 month will not get the Sovereigns)

Last edited:

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
10 Years Active; MASTER ACCOUNT must contain an active UO subscription of 10 years, this means paid consistently from pre September 24 2006. (not every 10year+single account=500Sovereigns, so if you have multiples you still only get the 500) (so no, your account you made in 2006 and had active for 1 month will not get the Sovereigns)
I don't think that's right.

From what I read, basically, it states if you have a 10 year master account and have a paying subscription right now, you get the sovereigns - not that you have to have paid every month for the past 10 years.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The announcement, while cool, is very poorly worded. I'm guessing that a master account that can choose a 10 year vet reward will qualify.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I don't think that's right.

From what I read, basically, it states if you have a 10 year master account and have a paying subscription right now, you get the sovereigns - not that you have to have paid every month for the past 10 years.
I'm pretty sure it'll go off the months of the oldest account.

So if you haven't paid, your account doesn't age.

That said I'm not about to open other accounts for 13 bucks to get 5 bucks if tokens.

Maybe to get the spider ethy though.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Account need to be 10 years ACTIVE
also, PAY VERY ATTENTION, is 500 sovereigns PER MASTER, so if you have 20 accounts on 20 different emails and they are 10 years old, you will receive 20X500 Sovereigns.

If you have 10 accounts under the SAME EMAIL, you will get only 500 Sovereigns to share between ALL the 10 accounts

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Actually, doing some digging.

It looks like Master accounts didn't come out until 2010 or 2011 (leaning towards 2011 based on google searches on master accounts and Stratics). Google

So maybe they mean accounts that have been around 10 years or more....who knows at this point.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Actually, doing some digging.

It looks like Master accounts didn't come out until 2010 or 2011 (leaning towards 2011 based on google searches on master accounts and Stratics). Google

So maybe they mean accounts that have been around 10 years or more....who knows at this point.

They know how old is your account :)
yes, I also have a lot of accounts that were open back in 1999 and they show those dates on Mythic, but ingame the account is only 24 Month old, so yes, I created the account back in 1999 but the account is only "active" for 2 years, and they will reward Only the accounts that you "paid" for 10 years!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oh I know what you mean.

The confusion is over the "Master account" phrase they use. Master accounts didn't exist until 2011 - so if you have three accounts linked to a master account that are 10 years old each or older, will you only get 500 sovereigns or 500 per account.

And, keep in mind, for the first two years of UO, they weren't tracking paid time, only age of account. Paid time came into effect in 2000 if I recall correctly.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well I guess we'll find out...both of my active accounts are over 10 years old but they are not 10 years old due to the fact that I had them both inactive for some time at some point...so while they are both over 10 years old as far as date of creation, they are not as far as activity..... :(

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
100% sure you will receive 500 to share between the 2 accounts you have

Since Day 1 of the new sover. Was "clearly" said that those coded share inder the master account.
This is one of the main reasons why i have like 30+ emails

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm seriously doubting that they have to be ten consecutive years of payments. I bet its a cumulative ten years, just like vet rewards. Ten consecutive years would make this a wasted gesture of a gift as the number of eligible accounts would be relatively insignificant.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They know how old is your account :)
yes, I also have a lot of accounts that were open back in 1999 and they show those dates on Mythic, but ingame the account is only 24 Month old, so yes, I created the account back in 1999 but the account is only "active" for 2 years, and they will reward Only the accounts that you "paid" for 10 years!
Mine is 62 months, but I opened it in 2003. I'll keep checking to make sure though

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah my *oldest* account, created back in 2003, is currently 118 months in-game time so according to in-game time I am 2 months shy of 10 years active total, but 13 years since the date of creation.

Either way, 500 sovereign is $4.99 so if I don't get it I won't sweat it ;) If I DO? Thank you ahead of time Mesanna and team, very nice gift :)

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Well lets see....as we all know sometimes the information that we get is not always 100%....
Like the "last" news that they saiid the current idocs (stage) houses would collapse and they never did....because they will only collapse after the server is turned ON again..
So in this case can be either:
Your ingame account need to be 120 month old.
Or the mythic account need to be 10 years older (uo acc date)

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
As someone that doesn't like 10+ years of Vet Rewards I think this is a great alternative and a nice nod to the vets even though I do not get it.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Lets hope that it is per UO Account not just the Mythic account as we were basically told to put as many accounts on one Mythic as we could.
Well, it was stated this way:

we are going to deposit 500 Sovereigns in every master account with an active subscription account at least 10 years

I'm guessing that means the Mythic Account.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, it was stated this way:

we are going to deposit 500 Sovereigns in every master account with an active subscription account at least 10 years

I'm guessing that means the Mythic Account.
That SUCKS because NOBODY has a 10 year old Mythic Account because they were not around back then. All my old never been shut down accounts are on one main account because that is what we were told to do and all my other use as needed accounts all have separate accounts. It should be 500 Sovs for every +10 year UO Account you have if they really want to reward us .

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That SUCKS because NOBODY has a 10 year old Mythic Account because they were not around back then. All my old never been shut down accounts are on one main account because that is what we were told to do and all my other use as needed accounts all have separate accounts. It should be 500 Sovs for every +10 year UO Account you have if they really want to reward us .
That's not what it's saying...it's not a 10 year MASTER account

They are saying that any mythic master account that has a 10+ year account LINKED to it will get the gift.....wording is a bit confusing but that's what it means.

So if you have 8 accounts linked to one Master, you'll get 500 sovereign no matter how many +10 year accounts you have, if you have 8 Masters with 1 account each all +10 years you'll get 500 sovereign for each one...they are going my Master accounts not UO accounts.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
it goes by the overall account history, including prior to rolling it over into mythic.

But 500 per 10 year uo account would be even better

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
100% sure you will receive 500 to share between the 2 accounts you have

Since Day 1 of the new sover. Was "clearly" said that those coded share inder the master account.
This is one of the main reasons why i have like 30+ emails
I look forward to you being wrong lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well lets see....as we all know sometimes the information that we get is not always 100%....
Like the "last" news that they saiid the current idocs (stage) houses would collapse and they never did....because they will only collapse after the server is turned ON again..
So in this case can be either:
Your ingame account need to be 120 month old.
Or the mythic account need to be 10 years older (uo acc date)

When you open the mythic account it says the date the individual UO account was created. Maybe they will just use that date plus active account. It shouldn't be like a vet reward. More like a reward given at this time and if you are a paying customer, you get it. If they don't do it this way are they going to give this on future 10 yr anniv dates?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the master accounts first came into being, I, and many others, were told you could only have ONE master account by the EA reps on phone calls. Why are some people favored with different information than the majority of us?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When the master accounts first came into being, I, and many others, were told you could only have ONE master account by the EA reps on phone calls. Why are some people favored with different information than the majority of us?
That was modified slightly after they realized that there was an account limit per Master account (10, IIRC) so people over 10 accounts can have multiple Master accounts to handle the excess.

Though, the idea of people having that many separate individual master accounts might still be a violation.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I like Siege players are getting the same as other shards, even with only one char slot. With other gifts, my 6 account get 6 gift bags on Siege but would get 36-42 bags on Prodo shards. This seem more fair to me.
I like it can't be shard traded.
I do feel a little sorry for our younger players, maybe 3 years old should get 100 Sov's and 7 years old should get 200 Sov's.
I'm very happy for my gift, thanks :)

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As far as I know, souvereigns are spreaded over the accounts bounded to a master.
If I Open the Shop in acc #1 i see my souvereigns and if I use #2 i see them also.
So it could be that the Gift can only given once when using souvereigns.
Imho a addititional Free Vet reward would peoples make happier, but Hey, i havent supposed to get more than the usually Box filler gifts. So this is some cream on the 19 years of UO and Free. Thanks....

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice.. 500 sovs free will buy the 15th anni robe when it re-surfaces back in the store....nice indeed

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Screw you too Broadsword..... :( I looked at that and said... figures lol

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The total value of the coin is less than 15 days subscription. Its not exactly a show stopping reward for being a 10 year loyal customer. Hell it wont even buy you a transfer token.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm kinda used to it by now, but with an account that "only" helped to pay their bills 5+ years I feel once again :pie:. No celebration for us poor noobs.