• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

18x18 Crafter House Ideas

DarknessDemona

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok.. I have an 18x18 looking for Ideas... I like to be simple Storage and crafting areas.. Not alot of clutter.. Clean Simple Design.. Any ideads appreciated.. I don't mind if ur pics have deco in it.. Just need the House layout ideas.. :)

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I've seen a few designs where people make a bunch of small buildings, themed like a town, with each building themed for a different craft (smithy, tailor shop, etc). I love the look of this layout, but it is a bit crowded as you lose a lot of floor space. I did a variation on this and created different towers off the main building, where each level of the tower had a different crafting. This made it simple for finding everything as each room had it's own storage for resources, but again, each of the craft rooms was very small. I'm currently working on just having a buried basement workshop with all the crafts in different corners. Super simple, makes it easy to grab everything you need, but I'm still struggling as I don't like the look of the building. New idea is to separate different crafts into different houses held by multiple accounts linked by veteran reward teleporters but that's not for everyone.

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My current design gives me a clear wall across the back of the (18x18) lot on the ground floor, I'm just going to lay out the crafting area along that wall. The only things that really matter as to position are imbuing (Soulforge), smithing (forge and anvil) and carpentry (workbench), so it should be a fairly straightforward process in theory. (There will be a separate kitchen area in the living quarters.)

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have found that you can place a soul forge on an upper level and still be able to use it from the ground floor, when standing underneath it. My 18x18 has it on the third level, where as I craft on the ground floor. This really opened up the floor space and allowed me to use the soulforge as decoration.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You could also set up a "basement" where you do your work (two stairs along the south wall for access to the second "first" floor) That way you have a large area to do a lot of work with (18x17) and you can keep it very private, even if your house is open to the public. I've been designing my guildhouse on Siege for the last week or so and that's the style that I'm going for so far, the second/third floor are the guild hall though (similar design to a auction house).

I found some great design ideas while going through the Post Your Custom House Designs Here thread. Tying a lot of them together to make something very large and impressive. To be honest though, I am not even in a Guild... not sure why I want to build a guild hall. (shrugs)

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could also set up a "basement" where you do your work (two stairs along the south wall for access to the second "first" floor) That way you have a large area to do a lot of work with (18x17) and you can keep it very private, even if your house is open to the public. I've been designing my guildhouse on Siege for the last week or so and that's the style that I'm going for so far, the second/third floor are the guild hall though (similar design to a auction house).

I found some great design ideas while going through the Post Your Custom House Designs Here thread. Tying a lot of them together to make something very large and impressive. To be honest though, I am not even in a Guild... not sure why I want to build a guild hall. (shrugs)
Post some pics... Sounds very interesting...

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think the large houses that have each area segregated from another are the best looking in appearance. Basically an area that's clearly a smith area, a carpenter's workshop area with wood shavings and misc tools around, an alchemist area with bubbling cauldrons and flasks and open books, etc.

I've seen people very successfully design "crafter" type houses on large 18x18 plots that essentially make several small houses that look sort of like a small village and courtyard. A clear stables area attached to a smith area with steps leading up to a workshop above it, for example. Browse through the player made house threads and you'll find some great ideas of what I'm referring to.