• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

17th anniversary gifts already disabled?

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think these gifts should be handed out within a 30 days period from their appearance on the shards (which would not include Test).
Just wanted to claim a few on other shards this weekend, but it seems they are not created any more?
The 25th September is definitively not 30 days ago yet. Is it a bug/mistake or intended? If not intended, can this brought back?

Besides that - why do the towels block movement??? Come on, these are towels.

*Salute*
Olahorand

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Kind of weird that they would cancel them so early this year.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was surprised they were turned off so early. I logged in on some other shards yesterday to collect my others with no avail.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
The bar is actually pretty nice, but it would have made a better crafting item than birthday gift.
I agree - the bar is nice, and it should have been a permanent addition. Maybe sometime in the future it can be added to the crafting menu.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
these have been turned off since RTB was turned on.
when RTB came i logged onto one of my accounts and noticed that these where not being handed out.
i posted it back then and the Dev's never answered, a couple other people since then have posted the same and no answer.
so we only really got the gifts for like 10 days or so.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would bet they turn them back on after the RtB is over. Probably easier to turn off temporarily then code to keep RtBers from getting them...la

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Back in the day you had to have an active account 2 to 4 weeks before the gifts were handed out to get them. Not sure if that's still in the code or not.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, but look at me...the account I am using for RtB is 84 months old...but I haven't opened it in 6 years...la

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rtb accounts dont get gifts. dont think the shutoff has anything to do with rtb, last rtb gifts were available, just not for rtb accounts.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So wait...they're no longer available? I too figured I had time as I collected some on Atlantic and a few on Origin, but not all of mine on Origin...I got some on Europa for a trade that I need to finish this weekend, but havent' clamed the others because life's been busy.

Seriously? @Mesanna @Kyronix is this working as intended?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Publish 86 notes that Mesanna posted on September 25th ( http://www.uo.com/article/Publish-86-Notes ) said under the heading "17th Anniversary Gifts" that "all players at least 30 days old who log in between September 1 2014 at 12:00 AM ET and October 15 2014 at 11:59 PM ET" would receive the gifts. Can't remember now if we actually did start getting them that far back in September; however, they did give us an ending date and time. (In the past we usually got an ending date and found out the hard way that the gifts were turned off at midnight Eastern Time of the previous day.)

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
We didn't. The patch with the items got delayed. Which I think is why most people expected it to be longer.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We didn't. The patch with the items got delayed. Which I think is why most people expected it to be longer.
Yeah, I was a little surprised at the end date myself when I went to look it up. If you need some on any particular shard, let me know. Other than perhaps on Siege and Mugen, I definitely have more than I could possibly ever use.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I got a set on an account that had been inactive for over 3 years but got nothing on my main account which I found rather odd :/

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As it is usual - 30 days after the first handout of it. And this was not the 1st September.

The issue for me is not so much about the gift itself, but about the fact, that I have some chars with more special names I planned to collect this stuff in my vacation week. So I got hit on the wrong foot by this early switch off.

*Salute*
Olahorand

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Every year they never give enough time. Its probably a planning error, but since it keeps happening, it comes off as though they just don't care, which I would sincerely hate to believe.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Exactly. and normally it's 30 days to get gifts. It wasn't this time. It's 10 days short.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i briefly searched for the anniversary gift announcement yesterday but couldn't find it. did it mention the turn-off date? r/l has me busy and i was planning to begin collecting my gifts yesterday but learned it was turned off. :(

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It was in the patch notes, but then the gifts weren't turned on till Sept. 25.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think these gifts should be handed out within a 30 days period from their appearance on the shards (which would not include Test).
Just wanted to claim a few on other shards this weekend, but it seems they are not created any more?
The 25th September is definitively not 30 days ago yet. Is it a bug/mistake or intended? If not intended, can this brought back?

Besides that - why do the towels block movement??? Come on, these are towels.

*Salute*
Olahorand

I hope it is a mistake. I still have several shards to collect. Just got busy with other things.