• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

17th Anniversary Gift on old world Characters?

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While slowly checking characters made on other shards (other than my home shard, Sonoma) that are mostly used just to collect gifts I came across a few very old characters:

On Napa Valley, I have a seven characters but a few of them did not get a 17th Anniversary Gift.

Tonight I went back to see if there was just a delay on those characters receiving gifts. No. No gift. So I walked them over to the Britain West Bank to check their bank accounts to see if I had accidentally received the gifts and put them in the bank. No.

This character had a skinning knife (Practice Weapon), no skills, which got me thinking I should take him to Haven City. So while walking to the Britain Moon gate, I discovered no foliage on the trees. This was a 17 year OLD WORLD character. The other characters that had not received a gift were also old world.

End of story: All those old world characters arrived in Haven safely, logged off in the Inn, and logged back in and received a 17th-Anniversary Gift.

Question: Do they give anniversary gifts to Felucca made characters?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As far as I know, they do give gifts to Felucca made characters, not sure why yours didn't get them at first, that's strange.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I know, they do give gifts to Felucca made characters, not sure why yours didn't get them at first, that's strange.
I had some other characters in Felucca who got the gift. They were not as old as the ones that didn't get it until they went to Haven. Anyway, not important but strange. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Those are some old characters... Ones I had started with 100 gold ... Some of my older characters have newbie blessed scissors and daggers... those are awesome.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ed
Those are some old characters... Ones I had started with 100 gold ... Some of my older characters have newbie blessed scissors and daggers... those are awesome.
Finding a chest full of newbie items in one of those character's bank boxes was a big surprise for me!

After 17 years of playing this game, it isn't surprising that vets like myself have too many accounts with bigger houses just for storage. There are many chests full of newbie items in my houses on Sonoma.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
ed

Finding a chest full of newbie items in one of those character's bank boxes was a big surprise for me!

After 17 years of playing this game, it isn't surprising that vets like myself have too many accounts with bigger houses just for storage. There are many chests full of newbie items in my houses on Sonoma.
I know I've "inherited" many accounts over the years to end up with as many as I have... and many of them are very old... some older than the language filters put on things... I've found some very interestingly named characters over the times when I searched thru them.... some that aren't "bad" but you can't do anymore... because of their lettering. Emily is no longer allowed because it has "Em" in front of it... which seems rather silly but there you have it... I've found a gorget "Sewn by"... numerous practice weapons and bows... and a few "newbie" blessed items. Best way I've found to check and see if they are "newbie" blessed.... put them on your character and open the insurance menu... if they don't show up to be insured... they are newbified.

And yeah I was surprised several times to find the characters in Fel... Some are still there... I have so many now I keep a chart of them... So I can quickly look and let folk know how many I have available for trade on any given shard.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Try this--take the character to nearest bank, open your bank box. Log out. Log on. For some reason this seems to get gifts to "stuck" characters.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know I've "inherited" many accounts over the years to end up with as many as I have... and many of them are very old... some older than the language filters put on things... I've found some very interestingly named characters over the times when I searched thru them.... some that aren't "bad" but you can't do anymore... because of their lettering. Emily is no longer allowed because it has "Em" in front of it... which seems rather silly but there you have it... I've found a gorget "Sewn by"... numerous practice weapons and bows... and a few "newbie" blessed items. Best way I've found to check and see if they are "newbie" blessed.... put them on your character and open the insurance menu... if they don't show up to be insured... they are newbified.

And yeah I was surprised several times to find the characters in Fel... Some are still there... I have so many now I keep a chart of them... So I can quickly look and let folk know how many I have available for trade on any given shard.
You've just put in better words than what I would be saying if I had said them first. :)

Thanks for the tip about the newest way to test for newbie items. I have been using a vendor whose price for newbie items is automatically listed as 'FREE'.

A chart is what I need now. Before I mostly relied on memory. One character that I logged in had a book in his bag in the old world which read: "I was born on February 14, 1998. What else can I say?"

Too many characters on my accounts are named 'Jade' and duplicated names on an account are not always recognized in today's system and need to have their macros replaced. I use most for collecting gifts. Some have skills worth keeping.

Have a great day! :)

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You've just put in better words what I would be saying if I had said them first. :) Thanks for the tip about the newest way to test for newbie items. A vendor price for newbie items is 'FREE'. I need to keep a chart now. I used to remember all the characters and their names. One character even had a book in his bag in the old world which read: "I was born on February 14, 1998. What else can I say?" The problem I have with most of my characters is that too many are named 'Jade' and the new system doesn't seem to recognize duplicated names on the same account. So there is no way to save their macros except to replace them all the time.
Your Welcome. Yeah I've been keeping a chart for awhile now... It's very helpful in remember who's who and where they are and I put notes all over it about what they have. Like I have a bunch of characters on other shards that have those cute purple bunnies that we could tame that one Easter. I love them! The chart also helps me know which ones I've gotten many of the rewards like the Broadsword plaque's the Golden Geese and stuff on. Helps me decide where I want to get shard shields for so I can bring items back to GL's.

Also helps me keep track of what accounts have what ..... like did I get the Gothic pack or a Rustic pack on that account??? How about extra storage? With as many characters and accounts as I have had over the years without a chart I'd be lost. Course I don't put any information on the charts that would help anyone to hack my accounts... just stuff that makes sense to me.

I have that problem as well with characters who have the same name. Never had this problem before and maybe this is something that @Bleak or @Kyronix need to look into. Before this new update all characters had a separate name in the folder whether they had the same exact name or not. I have two characters on Pacific both named Talyn on one account... but only one shows up in my folder for Pacific on that account in the User Data files. This makes it impossible to have 2 characters with the same name and totally different skillsets. In some cases I have more than one of a certain character with the same name so I can very quickly switch out templates and keep the RP .... So I could say go from a Tamer to a Dexer... now you wouldn't set up both of them the same with your macro's and all now would you??? So fix the problem please! Used to be before this UI that one would be listed as Talyn and the other would get Talyn(2).... and they had separate files.... now they don't.