• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

16 years ago...

Tehdood

Visitor
I was 15 and installing Ultima Online that I convinced my father to purchase for me. I had seen the box while in a Target and had to have it. I remember having no idea what to do, running around naked since I died so much and lost my things. Some kind soul in lime green armor took pity on me and took me under his wing to teach me the game. He set goals for me so I would learn the game and in return he would reward me with gear and would show me new things about the game. He eventually disappeared, to this day I don't know what happened to him. I eventually got lost again, ganked and lost all my gear and gave up the game for DAoC which I played for a long time.

I'm downloading the client now and I've forgotten just about everything I learned about this game so long ago. I'm going to create a character on Atlantic since that seems to be the most populated server. I was hoping to find a guild that wouldn't mind taking me in and letting me ask questions. I'm much older now so I don't want or expect hand outs, but I would love a place where I could ask questions and relearn the game again. I'm looking to make either a Bard Tamer or a Provoker Bard since I think that was what I was playing when I first started.

PaulCH

Journeyman
I was 15 and installing Ultima Online that I convinced my father to purchase for me. I had seen the box while in a Target and had to have it. I remember having no idea what to do, running around naked since I died so much and lost my things. Some kind soul in lime green armor took pity on me and took me under his wing to teach me the game. He set goals for me so I would learn the game and in return he would reward me with gear and would show me new things about the game. He eventually disappeared, to this day I don't know what happened to him. I eventually got lost again, ganked and lost all my gear and gave up the game for DAoC which I played for a long time.

I'm downloading the client now and I've forgotten just about everything I learned about this game so long ago. I'm going to create a character on Atlantic since that seems to be the most populated server. I was hoping to find a guild that wouldn't mind taking me in and letting me ask questions. I'm much older now so I don't want or expect hand outs, but I would love a place where I could ask questions and relearn the game again. I'm looking to make either a Bard Tamer or a Provoker Bard since I think that was what I was playing when I first started.
Welcome back! The game is the same as it was and yet couldn't be more different. It's the same in that it's still a sandbox. You can log in and simply do whatever you want. It's very different in that a lot of the dungeons, monsters, skills, facets, races etc have *vastly* changed or evolved.

As for questions, you have definitely found one good place, the UO Players Corner, to ask questions. The other place would be general chat (scroll down to "global chat" at this link to learn how In Game Communication – Ultima Online) when you're in game.

Here are a couple of useful links:
Ultima Online Wiki – Ultima Online
UOGuide - the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

hey there welcome back!:D i recently came back to the game after many years absent:) you can join our guild if you like contact opalala in game and she will get you sorted out;) our guild is all about having fun the people inside are very helpful(they helped me a ton) and we focus on many aspects of the game questing pvm hunting pvp everything:) you can also contact me and ill let opalala know if you want to join my in game name is helm stormwind.

Tehdood

Visitor
hey there welcome back!:D i recently came back to the game after many years absent:) you can join our guild if you like contact opalala in game and she will get you sorted out;) our guild is all about having fun the people inside are very helpful(they helped me a ton) and we focus on many aspects of the game questing pvm hunting pvp everything:) you can also contact me and ill let opalala know if you want to join my in game name is helm stormwind.
Thank you, I asked around global but people were saying she wouldn't be on at this time. My characters name is Xaviok in game