• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

15th Anniversary Robe Status

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's fairly hilarious that anyone thinks the item store generates "cash flow" for the devs, or that EA reinvests any of those gravy monies back into UO.

UO gets enough to employ ~5 people and keep the server's lights on. That's. It.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's fairly hilarious that anyone thinks the item store generates "cash flow" for the devs, or that EA reinvests any of those gravy monies back into UO.

sounds as they need to make some ad review.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
publish notes say commemorative robe not 15th anniversary robe.
but im sure they are the same..... or are they......

hahahahahhahaha!

i think we can successfully call that pot stirred!

Commemorative Robe – available in November
  • Equippable hooded robe
  • Can be dyed with cloth dye tubs, tokuno dyes, and natural dyes.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They were not in the bag we got when we clicked on the Store Item statue so who knows...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
publish notes say commemorative robe not 15th anniversary robe.
but im sure they are the same..... or are they......

hahahahahhahaha!

i think we can successfully call that pot stirred!
cant see it not being called the 15th anni robe...thats what was for sale in the store for a few days and what people have been promised by @Mesanna and the devs

guess its still .....Soon! VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY SOON!!!!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Honestly don't care about the robe one way or another. I don't see it being worth 5 bucks or whatever lol. But in general, if they are going to put it back in the store.... why can't they pull that off? I mean, really.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
cant see it not being called the 15th anni robe...thats what was for sale in the store for a few days and what people have been promised by @Mesanna and the devs

guess its still .....Soon! VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY SOON!!!!
The robe is now available for 500 Sovereigns in the UO Store.

It is not called 15th anniversary robe, so I guess you were wrong.

It's called "Commemorative Robe" with the same graphic as the 15th anniversary one. I think it's awesome that the developers changed the name to preserve the older rare version, while still giving the new robe a nice name and the same graphic for everyone to enjoy.

Thank you developers! :)

Untitled.png

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

hell, i'm beginning to wonder if they get that much.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I tried to buy it, but seem like I can't, it won't let me buy it :(

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well that sucks....looks like the peeps that bought these up in bulk... then moaned to the devs about them being on sale.....yes yes the same people!!! hehehheheee.....have hit the big gold flow...we will see the 15th anni version on the same vendors on atlantic at top top top dollar for the forceeable future....bad bad bad move devs....pretty lame to be honest and as they say in PvP= Nice Dodge Devs !! [whatever]

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good morning everyone, The 15th Anniversary Robe was removed from the store due to a delivery error on our part. We will be making it available at a later date for purchasing once we have resolved the issue. [...]
Just reading it out loud again. It was pretty much a lie from day one. Not suprised though :D

Reactions: THP

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
They realised too late that they should not have put it on the store as it was, then they compounded their mistake by removing it (with a somewhat dubious excuse) and now they did the only thing they could do, re-name it! The whole debacle played out pretty much as expected really.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And the ones who they were put on the store for, got theirs. Then the devs pulled em and renamed em, insuring their value would stay up.
Was there ever any doubt?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So it took all that time just to change the title of the item and put it back in the store?!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it was the cover story that took the most time, they had to get their bullsh . . . err, uhm, facts straight first.
Yeah right. If they had just said something like "Hey guys sorry we messed up with the names, they won't be 15th anniversary, just plain commemorative robes" I'm sure people would of been fine with that.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah right. If they had just said something like "Hey guys sorry we messed up with the names, they won't be 15th anniversary, just plain commemorative robes" I'm sure people would of been fine with that.
quit trying to interject common sense into corporate america . . .

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Didn't Mesanna specifically say they'd return to the store exactly the same, with no changes? And now they have a different name?

Reactions: THP

superfrog

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am still wrapping my mind around how they justify not letting everyone have access to a 15th anniversary item. I know there is no logic to explain it, but to not have the Bizarro world explanation handy . . .

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am still wrapping my mind around how they justify not letting everyone have access to a 15th anniversary item. I know there is no logic to explain it, but to not have the Bizarro world explanation handy . . .
I'm pretty sure there are emails written to Mesanna right now about how this was the right move ;) She is happy in her bubble with the fanboy feedback. I personally just decided to not spent a single penny in this store when they screwed prices for Europeans. Maybe one of the fanboys can cover up the loss :p The robe lie is just another drop in the sea.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i heard that they took the 15th anv title off of them because they hate you and wanted to tick you off.

just what i heard.

(be interesting to see how many people loose their pancakes over this blatant lie on my part)

......but seriously, they did it because they hate you.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
The robe is now available for 500 Sovereigns in the UO Store.

It is not called 15th anniversary robe, so I guess you were wrong.

It's called "Commemorative Robe" with the same graphic as the 15th anniversary one. I think it's awesome that the developers changed the name to preserve the older rare version, while still giving the new robe a nice name and the same graphic for everyone to enjoy.

Thank you developers! :)

View attachment 57238
Well good for a handful of the players but bad for UO. I no longer have an interest in getting one. I was kinda thinking of getting one.... but as is with a name change I'll pass. It doesn't have properties or anything and all it says to me now would be I spent 5 bucks and it doesn't reflect UO "history" or anything. In my opinion it was a bad call. Less money for EA. Broadsword has hammered me so many times on deals like this that I no longer care about the fortunes lost. Oh I have a ceramic mug! Oh everyone has one overnight lol! So they'll burn people and make nothing off of it, but now they burned themselves over actual cash? lol Should have made a new robe originally or whatever and just side stepped this whole mess. Singing balls or whatever they burned people on don't seem to be a problem to them, I really can't understand why this was different. The whole fiasco was stupid but at least this time Broadsword burned themselves. To me, as is, it screams "I wanted to be L33T but everyone knows all I did was spend 5 bucks". ;)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well good for a handful of the players but bad for UO. I no longer have an interest in getting one. I was kinda thinking of getting one.... but as is with a name change I'll pass. It doesn't have properties or anything and all it says to me now would be I spent 5 bucks and it doesn't reflect UO "history" or anything. In my opinion it was a bad call. Less money for EA. Broadsword has hammered me so many times on deals like this that I no longer care about the fortunes lost. Oh I have a ceramic mug! Oh everyone has one overnight lol! So they'll burn people and make nothing off of it, but now they burned themselves over actual cash? lol Should have made a new robe originally or whatever and just side stepped this whole mess. Singing balls or whatever they burned people on don't seem to be a problem to them, I really can't understand why this was different. The whole fiasco was stupid but at least this time Broadsword burned themselves. To me, as is, it screams "I wanted to be L33T but everyone knows all I did was spend 5 bucks". ;)
NO I spent 500 Sovs that UO gave me for free so it cost me ZERO, NADA, ZILCH in real money. Yes it would have been nice to have the same one but they did not change the design, now that would have been the stupid part.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This change was made for the benefit of 2 or 3 friends, this wasn't about preserving the value of a robe. If that were the case, the ones bought from the store would have "poofed". Instead they were allowed to exist while those of us unfortunate enough to have jobs in real life, missed out on purchasing the one that actually had value.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Without an anniversary year title or even a year title on the "commemorative robe" - its worthless to me.

Commemorates what? What year? When? Why was it given out? - Just throw your money (or their's from sovereign gifts)
at EA if you have nothing better to do with it. Color me unimpressed.:pie:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Without an anniversary year title or even a year title on the "commemorative robe" - its worthless to me.

Commemorates what? What year? When? Why was it given out? - Just throw your money (or their's from sovereign gifts)
UO gave us the free 500 Sovs not EA

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UO gave us the free 500 Sovs not EA
Broadsword is EAs puppet lol Without EA Broadsword hangs up a closed sign. It's like someone buying you a gift with my money lol. But even with the free sovs gimmick that was only for the old timers. new players that we desperately need got zilch. Broadsword said this was the way they were going to address the buy one month get 3 free loop hole. Really? Reward the players that subscribe every month? I pay every month and get 5 bucks worth of funny money while the exploiters save like 35 bucks every 4 months? WOW! Awesome deal for the loyal customers Broadsword! A drip of funny money to buy a knock off replica robe. Good job.....

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran

It commemorates the 5 bucks you use to have ;)

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i heard that they took the 15th anv title off of them because they hate you and wanted to tick you off.

just what i heard.

(be interesting to see how many people loose their pancakes over this blatant lie on my part)

......but seriously, they did it because they hate you.
I KNEW IT!!!! :rant2: