• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

15th Anniversary Robe Status

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
WOW that is laughable.
Actually it is pretty sad. You enter a contest advertised by the producer who decided what the prizes would be. In good faith you spend time putting together your entry, taking all the screen shots, etc etc, mailing it in, finally finding out you 'won' and have it announced with big fan fair by Mesanna herself at the Atlantic 16th Anni event where she announced winners for a variety of contests.

You then wait and wait for your prize, go to the spot (in this case I elected to have it built on Atlantic as I was playing that shard then) and find that the build has 'started' and is owned by Mesanna and you check it month after month to see it always in a half built state. "Have patience" you say to yourself, the lady is busy. However, after 1.5 yrs, I finally think enough is enough I will email said producer to find out when the prize is going to be finalized and get an email back basically saying like 'it is too hard to build but ok I will finish it but it might not be exactly as you submitted it.' The tone of which was really pretty rude as if how dare I have the affrontery to query anything or question it. I must admit I was pretty upset upon receipt of such an email.

So yet again I wait and wait, keep going back to check and then one day go back and the half build has disappeared completely.

They then wonder why you 'get upset' and pissed off with the game.

The worse thing is that there was absolutely NO EFFORT made to contact me and say ok , we can't do that, here have 'xyz' as a prize instead. Zip NOTHING. Thank you very much.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 52522 View attachment 52523
@MissEcho Was that a house near New Magincia? Wonder why you could not build your own design. I hope she makes this finally right for you.
Yeah the devs picked the spot before they even advertised the competition, was a location in New Magincia up the back that is vacant on each shard and the cultural centre had to be 12x12 so it would fit. These are the pics of what was submitted. And NO, I doubt anything will be made right now, it is a little late, and really I can't say that having to pancake and complain about it just to get any kinda prize is the way I actually want it. I just think when the devs advertise 'prizes' they should give them, and if they give prizes then actually don't turn around and just let everyone buy the prize they do give out (ie these robes) unless they stick a replica tag on em. It just cheapens the whole thing and makes the winners upset and isn't fair to those who got prizes that are actually 'worth' something like eg game time or sovereigns or mythic tokens etc. If you give an item as a prize then keep that item 'special' by not just shoving it on a shop as is. People aren't gonna bother entering stuff if the prizes are just taken off em or cheapened down the track.

Attachments

Last edited:

Morgy123

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
i dont mind if they put rares on the shop but what i do mind is not telling of it in login so allot was able to sell it of as rares
because allot did not look at the shop

to me that is promoting of scrupius behaveior in game and i find the dev shood have known better
just find that more and more stuff dev do make me sick in my stomac and want me end my uo for good started play in 1999 and sure theres allot good in uo but theres tons of bad stuff to

lets just look at how they deal with dupers in this game they ban there acc and then let there house full of duped items decay so any one can pick it all up i mean how in good name do that help uo if all the junk still in the game
i guess it cant be that hard to remove the house right and get rid of the items but no let them float in the game

also look at all the shops on the veb that sell uo stuff they sell codes items any thing and do you ever see any one of them asking ingame for items no for some reasen they seem to have an endless suply of just abouth all items in game
dont have to buy nothing to see that in there list of stuff just abouth all popular item in the game is listed for sell

now i played since 1999 and back then all the veb stores had to get there items from players and i know as allot of them askt me to get them stuff then the dupe stuff started and ever since then you never see one single one shop ask in game for any item

now whats up with that ??????????

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 52522 View attachment 52523
Yeah the devs picked the spot before they even advertised the competition, was a location in New Magincia up the back that is vacant on each shard and the cultural centre had to be 12x12 so it would fit. These are the pics of what was submitted. And NO, I doubt anything will be made right now, it is a little late, and really I can't say that having to ***** and complain about it just to get any kinda prize is the way I actually want it. I just think when the devs advertise 'prizes' they should give them, and if they give prizes then actually don't turn around and just let everyone buy the prize they do give out (ie these robes) unless they stick a replica tag on em. It just cheapens the whole thing and makes the winners upset and isn't fair to those who got prizes that are actually 'worth' something like eg game time or sovereigns or mythic tokens etc. If you give an item as a prize then keep that item 'special' by not just shoving it on a shop as is. People aren't gonna bother entering stuff if the prizes are just taken off em or cheapened down the track.

What of those pics is too difficult to reproduce?

Awesome building and concept, loved the garden.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What of those pics is too difficult to reproduce?

Awesome building and concept, loved the garden.
Your guess is as good as mine, it is a very simple build, and as for the deco part well they have the same stuff available as I do. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it didn't get built within 2-3 days of commencing it. It wasn't rocket science or complicated :(.

I guess why I post in this thread which is about the robes is the fact that there are a lot of ppl who seem to think those of us who think it is reasonable to put a replica tag on them are somehow whiners or concerned with keeping something 'rare' due to the money etc etc. There are a lot of people who may only ever have 'one' rare thing that they 'won' or were awarded, sure some ppl make a living off it, but the majority don't. The only way to get those robes was to physically 'go' to some event, or 'win' one by entering the Memorial moments competion, and maybe Mesanna gave a few more out in other events. Either way if she didn't want them to be 'rare' then they should of been a mass handout, a global reward for an event etc, they weren't. You can't use the fact that some may (or may not) have been duped or got under nefarious circumstances as a reason to just dump em on the shop for all and sundry as if that is a reason to make something common then you may as well say youI want all other duped items just dumped up on the shop too.

That being said, sure they are a nice robe and a really nice graphic, although no mods on em, so yes others may like them and I think those of us who had 'earn't' them do not begrude others having them. By putting a 'replica' tag on em for general sale it satisfies those who 'won' them and those who 'want' them. It maintains the 'originals' as something special but allows others to obtain them. I have one two of them which I won. I didn't flog them off for money, I have no interest in making millions my crafter wears one and I have one on my Mage which she wears on special occasions. They are sentimental and actually 'mean' something to me. They are often commented on by people who see my crafter around Luna, and I explain how she obtained it etc. Once everyone on the planet can obtain the thing then it becomes just another 'item' doesnt it. Sure I can still 'remember' how I got mine, but meh, once it is just another 'common' item then it becomes unremarkable.

I don't agree with ppl selling EM events for gazillions etc, but if that is what they want to do, that is up to them. People forget that the 'rares' in this game are a lot of the reason that people actually play it, and a lot of the reason why people actually 'do' stuff in the hope they get one. I don't own a mini house 'castle' it is the ONLY one of the mini houses I haven't as yet been able to get to complete my mini house collection. I picked up the thatched cottage and keep about a yr or so ago and was totally thrilled to finally pick them up. I collect sets so this left just the one more for me to collect! It is now one of the things I see availble on the shop. Well that just killed all my enthusiasm for collecting the set. I can no longer be bothered to scan forums, auction lists for that elusive castle. It just killed all my ambiton to make up that set. THAT is what making 'rare' items common does to the game. Kills off all incentive to bother. Am I going to buy one, no chance, what is the point of that? It is the same to me as 'buying' a title, or friends. Useless.

I have never got a slither, or for that matter a tangle. Not for want of trying. Do I want them dumped on the shop, NO. There are a lot of 'rares' I still want and am unlikely to ever get them, however it is the chance of finding them either to buy, pick up at an idoc or 'earning' them at the spawn or boss kill etc that keeps me playing. I wish people would just stop with the 'we want this and it shouldn't be rare' and I don't care if everyone had one, it doesn't mean anything to me attitude' yadda yadda. As for the arguing about people only wanting stuff 'to make millions' etc etc so what. I have lots of stuff I could sell for gazillions I choose not to sell, others get stuff for that purpose ONLY, it is an individual thing.

If you want to make everything common on the swift race to the bottom then you will be destroying probably one of the main things that actually keeps this game going. The incentive for people to try, be it ingame spawns, entering em events, entering competitions.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@MissEcho I feel really bad for you, your design was really nice and nothing complicated about it. You could at least have been offered something else if they didn't want to build it.
As for the 15th Anniversary robe, why did they not re-hue it and call it 19th (is that the right one?) Anniversary robe, I'm pretty sure they would still have sold quite a few of them.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any news on the "delivery problems"? Or was it just a lie?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to be the bad guy but EA/Origin/Broad Sword did not make the rares market, And by and large never said (In the robes case in particular) that it was going to be a limited edition thing I think they pretty much stopped that with the hooded shroud of shadows (Since the only way to get one was pre ordering Age Of Stuff. All the stuff we think we own in game, is the exclusive property of EA. No need to come down on EA either as this is the case with ALL games, you are only purchasing a license that grants you access to the material. In short they can do whatever they want with content and items in the game, that by agreeing to the TOS/EULA. If they want to make a Dreadmare spawn and have imps drop endless 15th anni robes they have the absolute right to do so. If they want to pop a 15th anni robe in everyones back pack again they have the absolute right to do so. If they want to offer said robe for sale yep they have the absolute right to do so. Whether they consider end user opinions is solely up to the Corporation. It is in a Corporations best interest to generally listen to the majority as it generates revenue or GASP Profits. LOL I would love to see a rares collector of pixels, exclusively owned by EA, sue EA for devaluing their Rare that EA OWNs and only grants the end user the license to use, within a framework of conditions.

The entire Rares market is a licensee construct that holds no official position and no validity within the conditions of the TOS or EULA. If you pay Real cash to buy game pixels or trade hundreds of millions of pixel gold for game pixels, or believe you have some right or say in what pixels are put in game and how they are deployed......... You ain't the sharpest tool hanging in the shed. It is kind of like building a house on a piece of land that you rent........

But but but I bought it from the store, or got it from a code they gave me because I think I am special........... That does not grant you ownership you either bought or were given nothing more than a license to use the item or service within the confines of the conditions set forth in the TOS/EULA that you agreed to. The only thing you have a right to is access to the content and items that you have purchased a license to use and so long as you are paying your recurring license fee to access the content as that is one of the conditions. Since the entire Rares market is unsanctioned and a player construct, and that super rare item you paid real hard earned cash for, above and beyond and outside of the TOS/EULA and conditions, it has the real risk that your high priced super rare item can be devalued at any given time and most likely will be if it something the majority of the player base want and it will generate revenue for the corporation, that owns your super rare item to start with.

It is funny how seriously people take the pixels that they don't even own. Even more funny how much real money is given to 3rd parties for something that is not even real and tangible.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hate to be the bad guy but EA/Origin/Broad Sword did not make the rares market, And by and large never said (In the robes case in particular) that it was going to be a limited edition thing I think they pretty much stopped that with the hooded shroud of shadows (Since the only way to get one was pre ordering Age Of Stuff. All the stuff we think we own in game, is the exclusive property of EA. No need to come down on EA either as this is the case with ALL games, you are only purchasing a license that grants you access to the material. In short they can do whatever they want with content and items in the game, that by agreeing to the TOS/EULA. If they want to make a Dreadmare spawn and have imps drop endless 15th anni robes they have the absolute right to do so. If they want to pop a 15th anni robe in everyones back pack again they have the absolute right to do so. If they want to offer said robe for sale yep they have the absolute right to do so. Whether they consider end user opinions is solely up to the Corporation. It is in a Corporations best interest to generally listen to the majority as it generates revenue or GASP Profits. LOL I would love to see a rares collector of pixels, exclusively owned by EA, sue EA for devaluing their Rare that EA OWNs and only grants the end user the license to use, within a framework of conditions.

The entire Rares market is a licensee construct that holds no official position and no validity within the conditions of the TOS or EULA. If you pay Real cash to buy game pixels or trade hundreds of millions of pixel gold for game pixels, or believe you have some right or say in what pixels are put in game and how they are deployed......... You ain't the sharpest tool hanging in the shed. It is kind of like building a house on a piece of land that you rent........

But but but I bought it from the store, or got it from a code they gave me because I think I am special........... That does not grant you ownership you either bought or were given nothing more than a license to use the item or service within the confines of the conditions set forth in the TOS/EULA that you agreed to. The only thing you have a right to is access to the content and items that you have purchased a license to use and so long as you are paying your recurring license fee to access the content as that is one of the conditions. Since the entire Rares market is unsanctioned and a player construct, and that super rare item you paid real hard earned cash for, above and beyond and outside of the TOS/EULA and conditions, it has the real risk that your high priced super rare item can be devalued at any given time and most likely will be if it something the majority of the player base want and it will generate revenue for the corporation, that owns your super rare item to start with.

It is funny how seriously people take the pixels that they don't even own. Even more funny how much real money is given to 3rd parties for something that is not even real and tangible.
:twak:Bad Tyrath!! Quit makin sense

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
....mesanna as already said they will be back in store as they were intended in the very near future...now let it go...breathe...let it go...its just a delivery glitch....and relax...pixels thats all they are....nothing more

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
You know they've trashed so many of my "rares" over the years reusing the art. I can't tell you how many hundreds of millions I "lost". Everyone hammered me when I loudly complained. So suck it up buttercups and welcome to the club. Many of those that hammered me are now complaining, I love it.

ADDED: My point being I doubt anyone would buy the robe with the replica tag. If that is what it takes to keep the lights on in this game then let's do it. I took the hit time after time, your turn.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Your guess is as good as mine, it is a very simple build, and as for the deco part well they have the same stuff available as I do. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it didn't get built within 2-3 days of commencing it. It wasn't rocket science or complicated :(.

I guess why I post in this thread which is about the robes is the fact that there are a lot of ppl who seem to think those of us who think it is reasonable to put a replica tag on them are somehow whiners or concerned with keeping something 'rare' due to the money etc etc. There are a lot of people who may only ever have 'one' rare thing that they 'won' or were awarded, sure some ppl make a living off it, but the majority don't. The only way to get those robes was to physically 'go' to some event, or 'win' one by entering the Memorial moments competion, and maybe Mesanna gave a few more out in other events. Either way if she didn't want them to be 'rare' then they should of been a mass handout, a global reward for an event etc, they weren't. You can't use the fact that some may (or may not) have been duped or got under nefarious circumstances as a reason to just dump em on the shop for all and sundry as if that is a reason to make something common then you may as well say youI want all other duped items just dumped up on the shop too.

That being said, sure they are a nice robe and a really nice graphic, although no mods on em, so yes others may like them and I think those of us who had 'earn't' them do not begrude others having them. By putting a 'replica' tag on em for general sale it satisfies those who 'won' them and those who 'want' them. It maintains the 'originals' as something special but allows others to obtain them. I have one two of them which I won. I didn't flog them off for money, I have no interest in making millions my crafter wears one and I have one on my Mage which she wears on special occasions. They are sentimental and actually 'mean' something to me. They are often commented on by people who see my crafter around Luna, and I explain how she obtained it etc. Once everyone on the planet can obtain the thing then it becomes just another 'item' doesnt it. Sure I can still 'remember' how I got mine, but meh, once it is just another 'common' item then it becomes unremarkable.

I don't agree with ppl selling EM events for gazillions etc, but if that is what they want to do, that is up to them. People forget that the 'rares' in this game are a lot of the reason that people actually play it, and a lot of the reason why people actually 'do' stuff in the hope they get one. I don't own a mini house 'castle' it is the ONLY one of the mini houses I haven't as yet been able to get to complete my mini house collection. I picked up the thatched cottage and keep about a yr or so ago and was totally thrilled to finally pick them up. I collect sets so this left just the one more for me to collect! It is now one of the things I see availble on the shop. Well that just killed all my enthusiasm for collecting the set. I can no longer be bothered to scan forums, auction lists for that elusive castle. It just killed all my ambiton to make up that set. THAT is what making 'rare' items common does to the game. Kills off all incentive to bother. Am I going to buy one, no chance, what is the point of that? It is the same to me as 'buying' a title, or friends. Useless.

I have never got a slither, or for that matter a tangle. Not for want of trying. Do I want them dumped on the shop, NO. There are a lot of 'rares' I still want and am unlikely to ever get them, however it is the chance of finding them either to buy, pick up at an idoc or 'earning' them at the spawn or boss kill etc that keeps me playing. I wish people would just stop with the 'we want this and it shouldn't be rare' and I don't care if everyone had one, it doesn't mean anything to me attitude' yadda yadda. As for the arguing about people only wanting stuff 'to make millions' etc etc so what. I have lots of stuff I could sell for gazillions I choose not to sell, others get stuff for that purpose ONLY, it is an individual thing.

If you want to make everything common on the swift race to the bottom then you will be destroying probably one of the main things that actually keeps this game going. The incentive for people to try, be it ingame spawns, entering em events, entering competitions.
You outright tell us that sure you can always remember how you got your robe, but gosh, if it isn't rare and special and people don't comment on it then it won't matter to you. That isn't sentiment, that is the literal definition of special snowflake syndrome and I have no sympathy for it no matter what kind of unrelated sob-story it's slipped into.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hate to be the bad guy but EA/Origin/Broad Sword did not make the rares market,
The entire Rares market is a licensee construct that holds no official position and no validity
Hate to be the back end of the horse yet again, but in reply to first quote-when they release 'anything' in a limited edition they are creating a rare which will obviously therefore create a market.

2nd Quote I also have to be a rear end and say, that when the producer of the game is out setting up blessed houses specifically for all the 'Rares Fests" that tends to make it appear to have an official backing.

Just saying...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to be the back end of the horse yet again, but in reply to first quote-when they release 'anything' in a limited edition they are creating a rare which will obviously therefore create a market.
Not really and as Lucky points out have made a regular habit of trashing the value of their limited edition pixel items. Some limited edition items... Hooded shroud of shadows, Soul Stones, Charger of the fallen, 11th Anni tokens, heritage tokens, Spring decor tokens, 8th anni tokens, Soul Stone Fragments, +5 to stats or AOS Clothes (They raised the stat cap for everyone down the road), It has been a long long time since they billed anything as limited edition. The player base does indeed determine what is rare and what is worth hundreds of millions, not EA or BS.

2nd Quote I also have to be a rear end and say, that when the producer of the game is out setting up blessed houses specifically for all the 'Rares Fests" that tends to make it appear to have an official backing.
That is like a City Government setting up a area for a Farmers Market, a Big town wide yard sale, etc, or closing down a street for a event like a parade, or a festival. Those things bring activity to targeted areas, in the case of small towns usually struggling down towns. It is in the best interest of the City (In this case the corporation) even though the City itself does not sanction all of those events, even if they do give them backing either publicly or behind the scenes. It appears that the Farmers Markets I own are backed by the towns and Cities that they are in, quite the opposite is the reality, they simply provide a low to no cost area for the markets to set up, because it makes the local Governments look good and puts a feather in the leaders hats, by giving the appearance that they have brought something that a segment of the community wants. Same thing with UO events, it is a minimal effort, low to no cost way to maintain interest and hopefully generate new interest. Appearance and Official are very often two distinct critters, Supporting something and Officially Sanctioning something are very often distinct and separate critters. EA and BS are under no obligation to set up those houses or do anything else outside of what is spelled out in the TOS and EULA

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:twak:Bad Tyrath!! Quit makin sense
LOL Yeah :) People seem to think and believe they own or entitled and have a say in what should or should not be. Simple fact is none of use own anything and are entitled to nothing outside of the TOS and EULA and we have as much say in things as EA/BS wants to hear from us. As a Corporation their interest is making the stock holders happy, if that happens to be in line with what makes the end users happy great, if not tough.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can u imagine the uproar and damage to the game ... if ... just if..... the robes didnt make it back to the store unchanged....god forbid...dont want to even think about that...

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
can u imagine the uproar and damage to the game ... if ... just if..... the robes didnt make it back to the store unchanged....god forbid...dont want to even think about that...
There would be no damage, and very little uproar. I don't know why you're trying to make it sound like this one thing is some earth-shattering problem. People would be mad for about a week and then would move on like always.

Out of the hundreds of things that were announced and then never happened throughout the games lifetime, what makes a robe so much worse than all the other stuff?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
again i tell thee mesanna as already stated public they will be back in store,,, when the fix is fixed.. pleeeeaaasee let this go!!!!

more better i didnt have to folk out 2000$ to travel to the west coast of the usa to get one!!!

jesus ... let it go!!!.. ive paid 18 years subs..... i deserver my robe... LET IT GO!!! its a dumb ass pixel robe.. seriously have u guys/gals nothing better to do....

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, and it was also stated in public that there would be a taming revamp, new account management system etc. Saying things in public clearly doesn't really mean all that much in UO so it's not like the robe not being put back would be all that unexpected or damaging if it ended up never happening.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TO END THIS ARGUMENT...I dont see many posts complaining about re-using graphics for the freaky neon coloured EM drops.... nooooo u happy for those graphics to be reused so long as they are neon and bling with a diff name... r u real.... is the needs soooo much to have latest uber bling bling neon dolphin... get a frigging life...they are pixels... read pixels... that one day will not exsist

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
jesus ... let it go!!!.. ive paid 18 years subs..... i deserver my robe... LET IT GO!!! its a dumb ass pixel robe.. seriously have u guys/gals nothing better to do....
That's kind of my point. Since as you just pointed out "it's a dumb ass pixel robe" why do you want it so badly and why are you the one obsessing on this?

By the way, paying 18 years in subs does not entitle someone to anything more than the game-time itself. All the other things like veteran rewards, holiday gifts etc. are just bonuses the devs decided to throw in. No one "deserves the robe" just for paying the subscription for a long time, and personally I think it's foolish for anyone to think they are entitled to any in-game special item simply for playing the game.

There have also been many posts from people complaining about the re-hued and repeated EM items, so you saying there is no one complaining about that is completely false.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i give up....they Will be on sale again .... at the store at the same price,,, at the same robe///like mesanna stated......

GET FRIGGING OVER IT!!!!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's kind of my point. Since as you just pointed out "it's a dumb ass pixel robe" why do you want it so badly and why are you the one obsessing on this?

By the way, paying 18 years in subs does not entitle someone to anything more than the game-time itself. All the other things like veteran rewards, holiday gifts etc. are just bonuses the devs decided to throw in. No one "deserves the robe" just for paying the subscription for a long time, and personally I think it's foolish for anyone to think they are entitled to any in-game special item simply for playing the game.

There have also been many posts from people complaining about the re-hued and repeated EM items, so you saying there is no one complaining about that is completely false.
no i should have shelled out $2000 dollas to fly to the west coast of the usa to get one in person.... get a fricking life!!!...i WILL pay the $5 gamestore thankyou

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
no i should have shelled out $2000 dollas to fly to the west coast of the usa to get one in person.... get a fricking life!!!...i WILL pay the $5 gamestore thankyou
First of all it was the East Coast, not the West Coast... Virginia is on the East Coast......

Second, you didn't have to go to it in real life you could have just written a story for the story contest like most people did....

Third, I think it's hilarious you accuse me of having no life when YOU are the one freaking out and insulting people because you might not get your precious $5 robe....

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i WILL pay $5 to get mine ...full stop...hilliorouis

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
r u one of the peeps that bought 20 robes at $5 a pop then complained to the devs,, then try sell them at pre price 4-500m a pop,,,,,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...lolz hilerous,,,,,lolz... gimme a kiss... xxxxxxxx

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i will take mine at the original price from the uo store .....thanks very ,much.... 500 soverigns!!

Last edited:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So many rave about this robe and will all look alike when they all have it. Make yourself a trademark look and be different, not just another same fancy robe running around.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
r u one of the peeps that bought 20 robes at $5 a pop then complained to the devs,, then try sell them at pre price 4-500m a pop,,,,,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...lolz hilerous,,,,,lolz... gimme a kiss... xxxxxxxx
No, I am someone who has one robe I got for only about 150m at the very beginning and have no interest in selling it. I just dislike you being so obnoxious, whiny, and entitled about it. You are either just an extremely unpleasant person, or are trolling. I can't figure out which it is :)

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi devs,

In future please think about labeling super special rare event items by shard or event or date and issuing them in a non-dye-able hue, then please place the same item, unlabeled and dye-able, for sale for cash money in the UO store, or consider adding the item as a new craft-able in a future expansion.

Thanks.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am more interested on whether they could consider putting Slim’s Shadow Veil on the store, given that it is virtually unattainable in-game.
This robe thing doesn't even have mods! If it had FC 1 like the veil, I would be interested in buying it from the store. :p

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
There would be no damage, and very little uproar. I don't know why you're trying to make it sound like this one thing is some earth-shattering problem. People would be mad for about a week and then would move on like always.

Out of the hundreds of things that were announced and then never happened throughout the games lifetime, what makes a robe so much worse than all the other stuff?
Trammel will not be a mirror!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I don't care about the robe one way or the other. Beyond it should have been a option for everyone that has been here for 15 years. Make it a 15 year vet reward and create a unique robe with a couple of props for the store. But still stand by EA/BS owe none of us anything besides access via the paid subs to the published content.

Don't see the return or no return of the robes as game breaking for anyone.

I would much rather see things that give a edge balanced out like a Dreadmare and Bane spawn added but understand that what I want may or may not ever happen.

Give BS some credit they do listen to us, even though they do not have to. IE the rune book rehue that was massively hated. It is a small dev team with big ideas, limited staff and Limited resources. If selling a robe, or anything else generates revenue to increase that staff and those resources then IMO that is a good thing. Love or hate Mesanna she does try to improve things even if it is not always the right thing. If you have ever been top dog in a business then you know the best plans and intentions very often turn out to be disasters and for no reason what should be a total brainfart turns out to be a huge success. So if people want to buy it SELL it as long as it does not unbalance the actual game play and mechanics of the game.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The only thing I would debate with you in this is, we all pay close to the same subs and should be able to obtain all content in the game. Not saying it should be easy but everything should be obtainable through normal game mechanics. I think that is where a lot of the animosity arises, "I paid my subs since 1997 and content is denied to me, because I had to work, was in a warzone whatever but my subs were still paid" And to that end I agree. Personally I would love to be able tame Dreadmares and Banes, At the time they were out I was not able to log in due to being in a place without internet access. Simple solution to me is put a spawn for them in the game and make the content available. On the other hand the people that have them or paid big gold for a dread will get all panty bunched and cry unfair. That is a ongoing problem though when they add powerful content that some obtain and some do not. It creates a lack of balance whether real or perceived, which is not healthy for the overall community.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
get over it....guys /gal....one last time....reply from the lady herself....when the issue is resolved they WILL be back in store as intended at the same price

now this is not trolling...its doesnt make me a bad ogre person...it means simply...the robes WILL be back in store for the UO populous to enjoy!! and i for one will enjoy the robe....without having to pay +500m for it

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
get over it....guys /gal....one last time....reply from the lady herself....when the issue is resolved they WILL be back in store as intended at the same price

now this is not trolling...its doesnt make me a bad ogre person...it means simply...the robes WILL be back in store for the UO populous to enjoy!! and i for one will enjoy the robe....without having to pay +500m for it
Mesanna says a lot of things, sometimes they happen and sometimes they don't.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was gonna buy a few thousand and pass them out at the bank for Christmas.
=i beleive that is what as happened= hence the delivery issue.....

there is no doubting some folks have bought maybe 25/50 thinking they would get 4-500m a pop ...then kicked a right fuss about them being in the store.....we will see...think most peeps will be happy when they back in store at 500 sovs.

the folks that did buy a bundle will probably still get to dupe the 95% of UO players that dont read stratics.... well thats what ive read time and time again on population issues...lolz....on these boards that stratics users only account for 5% of the population- u go figure.....