• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

15th Anniversary Robe Status

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna @Kyronix

Can one of you please provide a status on returning the robes to the in game store? What is the "delivery issue" with this item? Several people bought them the day they were available and I haven't seen anyone posting that they could not collect theirs in game.

I can't wait to throw my money at you for these since I got off work too late to buy them last time, when will they be available?

Thanks!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They probably decided that they needed to add a (Replica) tag to it.

After all, those robes were special for a reason. I got mine AT Mythic HQ at the 15th anniversary party. I even logged in with one of their computers, claimed the code, and showed it to the people at Luna bank on LA, during the party after the Blackthorn coronation.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

After all, those robes were special for a reason. I got mine AT Mythic HQ at the 15th anniversary party. I even logged in with one of their computers, claimed the code, and showed it to the people at Luna bank on LA, during the party after the Blackthorn coronation.
And 4 years later those that got them should still be the only ones with them? Really?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And 4 years later those that got them should still be the only ones with them? Really?

Zeke, are you really that dense? Nearly every other wearable that isn't an original or a dupe has a "replica" tag. It's not like a doom drop, or something that was buyable from day one. These were given out to people at the 15th anniversary party - both the real life one, and those who attended the one in-game (on Test center, and the ones who got codes there got to redeem theirs on their home shard).

By your statement, you'd probably think you'd be entitled for a European Theatre Campaign ribbon from the US Army for WWII if you visited Europe as a civilian 70 years after the war ended.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If they had never offered them the original way, that would be fine. But as it is, any number of them could have sold from the store and there is NO WAY to tell the difference. I'm sorry if you guys lost a super expensive item for trade, but I can't consider this item "rare", especially when it was for sale for hours and multiple people posted about it. Short of EA posting a detailed breakdown showing the exact number purchased, that item became much more common than ANYTHING that sells in that price range. The only thing to do now is give the rest of us a chance at it, as opposed to those who fit the EST playgroup.

DITTO! I was there and share the same opinion. The robe needs a tag to distinguish it from the originals which should hold more value than ones that can just be bought and sold.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like how this has turned into making sure that these Robes retain their original value, so you want to make sure that when you sell this item you get the most for it. For those that got them way back when you will always have the memories of how you got an item, no matter what that item is. I am glad that people lived close enough to go to the meeting but what about the people that got more than 1 of these and bragged about it then started spamming it was for sell. Right there cheapened their value. Of all the people that attended how many do you think are in the hands of the original owner, IMHO very few. They may be a special item to you but to the majority of the owners they were nothing more than an item to sell. They are so special that 2 people were spamming in Gen Chat Atl selling them and they SWORE that they were the original ones for the meeting. I am sorry these are nothing more than an EM event item and maybe UO should start selling those too to generate more cash flow.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I rather it not say a thing myself. I want just the one for the wife's char on Sonoma, I'll be happy with that, no need for any words

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Not even the only time DJAd; there's been at least one other.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets see Hooded Shroud of Shadows should not be sold, Charger of the Fallen should not be sold, Soul Stones since they were a SE Pre Order Nope should never have been sold, The AOS Clothes Great but some of us took the +5 to stats that was later given to everyone.... Where are my AOS clothes to balance that screw over out? Soul stone fragments... forget which promo year that was. I am guessing the folks whinning about this robe partake in some or all of these things that were *Special* and totally disrespect those that were there to (Get their Freeby) If you have ever bought a stone, a charger, a shroud, or Got the +5 to stats after choosing AOS clothes, please put those items in the trash and delete any characters chose AOS clothes only to later get the +5. Its only fair to preserve the integrity of those items for those of us that were there. That is about how much sense you folks wanting your 15th anni robes to stay worth hundreds of millions of gold makes.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got my robe for winning the story-contest. When I heard about the sales, I was rumpy and wrote Mesanna a mail, asking for a Replica-tag. She answered with a one-liner: "these robes were never meant to be rare..." (quote).

My lesson: I will never again participate in such events. Same with city-invasions, where I fought hours and hours for the Blackthorn-robe, and in the end, there was no difference between the event -robes and the regular ones. So, it was fun, but why bother with intense event-gaming if you can get all the stuff on the cheap and lazy way?

This is utterly disappointing. I will just buy the stuff in future.

Some if you may not understand that, but the robe meant something to me.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I never liked rares, there had always been a lot of scamming, hacking, duping around rare items.
Some got this items 4 years before the rest of the community, now it's time for the rest of us to have them too. Name them a little different, but release them.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See, this is dull. I did the sandsifting and the Exodus-event-chain and the city invasions and Exploring the Sea and and and. Hours and hours of grind. And the only rare items in the end are juka and meer paintings. At least, the Exodus-scroll got a Replica-tag. Oh boy... For someone like me, who hates EM-events with the mass invasion of x-sharders and shard-transfers from my heart, there is no way to acquire unique items. But well, I dont want to be a crybaby. On Siege I concentrate on collecting thematically, such as jewelry or AOS-clothing. I am done with events and prodo-shards. Just makes no sense anymore, as the grind is not rewarded in an appropriate way. Named lanterns from Doom, that's something unique, like named hangmen and blessed AOS-clothing. That's the things I enjoy nowadays.

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got my robe for winning the story-contest. When I heard about the sales, I was rumpy and wrote Mesanna a mail, asking for a Replica-tag. She answered with a one-liner: "these robes were never meant to be rare..." (quote).

My lesson: I will never again participate in such events. Same with city-invasions, where I fought hours and hours for the Blackthorn-robe, and in the end, there was no difference between the event -robes and the regular ones. So, it was fun, but why bother with intense event-gaming if you can get all the stuff on the cheap and lazy way?

This is utterly disappointing. I will just buy the stuff in future.

Some if you may not understand that, but the robe meant something to me.
I also got mine for winning the story contest. I am travelling at the moment so didn't know they were 'selling' them when did this happen? I too will be pissed off if they now just sell the things without a 'replica' tag.

AS it is I am still waiting for MY prize for the 16th Anniversary competition which I entered and WON.

When I mailed Mesanna asking when I could expect my prize (supposed to have the cultural centre built on shard of my choice, it was started and never finished and last I check it was demolished) and was told it was 'too hard to build'. Odd seeing that I, as mere player, built the thing on the TC so I could get screenies etc. Seems the makers of the game would have a much easier job of it than I did. Yet another example of ripping off the players by giving prizes that are NOT prizes at all. Or in my case not even GIVEN MY PRIZE. If it was 'too hard to build' then surely the appropriate thing to do would be to give an alternate prize, but NO. NOTHING.

Sure make the robes available to all but make them replicas, if they weren't meant to be 'rare' why have competitions to win one? Every time they do crap like this it just makes a person more disenfranchised with the game.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I habe one of Drachenfels Winner-Robes. But I will trash it as soon as everybody can buy it. 10.000 Cleanup -Points would be a great idea!

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So many hurt butts in this thread. I've liked seeing gen chat flooded with people trying to unload these useless robes before they hit the store again. Insisting they "know" the robes coming to the store will have a [Replica] tag when called out on their swindles. The BS never ceases with the shady businessmen of Atlantic, y'all know who you are!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I mailed Mesanna asking when I could expect my prize (supposed to have the cultural centre built on shard of my choice, it was started and never finished and last I check it was demolished) and was told it was 'too hard to build'. Odd seeing that I, as mere player, built the thing on the TC so I could get screenies etc.
WOW that is laughable.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I won 3 of the 5 story contest robes on Atlantic with fake stories, sold them all the same day, and never gave a crap. Frankly I find this whining about replica tags to be sort of pathetic. If you're that worried about the gold value of the robes then maybe you should have sold yours at some point over the last 4 years. If you're not trying to sell yours, then just admit that you're a sad-sack who wants to feel special for having pixels that other people can't get.

But don't tell me how your special and warm and tender sentimental attachment to your robe will be damaged if other people get to have them. If your attachment were sentimental then such things wouldn't affect it.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I won 3 of the 5 story contest robes on Atlantic with fake stories, sold them all the same day, and never gave a crap. Frankly I find this whining about replica tags to be sort of pathetic. If you're that worried about the gold value of the robes then maybe you should have sold yours at some point over the last 4 years. If you're not trying to sell yours, then just admit that you're a sad-sack who wants to feel special for having pixels that other people can't get.

But don't tell me how your special and warm and tender sentimental attachment to your robe will be damaged if other people get to have them. If your attachment were sentimental then such things wouldn't affect it.
The rarity of the item is the issue, you obviously don't collect rares so you wouldn't understand their reasoning

:postcount: to everyone wanting the [Replica] tag on them

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
See, this is dull. I did the sandsifting and the Exodus-event-chain and the city invasions and Exploring the Sea and and and. Hours and hours of grind. And the only rare items in the end are juka and meer paintings. At least, the Exodus-scroll got a Replica-tag. Oh boy... For someone like me, who hates EM-events with the mass invasion of x-sharders and shard-transfers from my heart, there is no way to acquire unique items. But well, I dont want to be a crybaby. On Siege I concentrate on collecting thematically, such as jewelry or AOS-clothing. I am done with events and prodo-shards. Just makes no sense anymore, as the grind is not rewarded in an appropriate way. Named lanterns from Doom, that's something unique, like named hangmen and blessed AOS-clothing. That's the things I enjoy nowadays.
Not quite sure what to make if the fact that I agree with Spock on this one...

The only justification for wanting something to remain "rare" is to retain a higher gold value. Plain and simple. If that is all that matters to you, well IMO, you are playing the game for the wrong reason.

No one, and no additional items or people having those items changes how you got yours or how I got mine. I have a fair share of EM items, not ones I bought, ones I got myself. The value they have for ME is that I got them... but they are FAR from what I consider my most treasured items. If I had to choose between my event item collection and the 1 spear made by my friend back in 2000... I wouldn't even have to think twice.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well. As always people want to have stuff without effort and insult those who are willing to invest effort with their greed or cynicism. It's not about the gold value but about uniqueness. And yes, sentimentality. I dont understand why people write fake stories and want to have stuff they don't deserve. But, whatever. Uohall has always been a trollcave.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The rarity of the item is the issue, you obviously don't collect rares so you wouldn't understand their reasoning

:postcount: to everyone wanting the [Replica] tag on them
I completely agree with you about the replica tag, but even as rares collectors we do still have to admit that the robes weren't really "rare" to begin with.

There were 5 per shard from the story contest and 27 shards so that's 135 for that alone.

Then there were the ones given out in real life, and there were about 100 of those, plus a few people stole more of the cards to redeem the robes off the gift table when the devs weren't looking (Most of those people are well-known and supposedly honest community members by the way, they know who they are)

In addition to those sources, like Djad mentioned they were also randomly given out in small quantities for spontaneous things like Twitter contests along the way... If I remember right there are about 15 from that.

So we have: 135 + 100 + 15 = 250 15th anniversary robes in the game before they were added to the store (not counting the duped ones, there are some of those floating around too).

What would a 1/250 rare normally sell for if it were an event clicky, maybe 5m right?

The only reason these were worth so much more was because it was a unique graphic. They were never really "rare" at all when there were at least 250 of them.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I want a purple heart while we are at it "I've always wanted one...didnt know could be so easy."
im not a trump fan or of politics in general, but he did not say getting a Purple Heart was easy.

He said," I always wanted to get a Purple Heart, this was much easier."

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I completely agree with you about the replica tag, but even as rares collectors we do still have to admit that the robes weren't really "rare" to begin with.

There were 5 per shard from the story contest and 27 shards so that's 135 for that alone.

Then there were the ones given out in real life, and there were about 100 of those, plus a few people stole more of the cards to redeem the robes off the gift table when the devs weren't looking (Most of those people are well-known and supposedly honest community members by the way, they know who they are)

In addition to those sources, like Djad mentioned they were also randomly given out in small quantities for spontaneous things like Twitter contests along the way... If I remember right there are about 15 from that.

So we have: 135 + 100 + 15 = 250 15th anniversary robes in the game before they were added to the store (not counting the duped ones, there are some of those floating around too).

What would a 1/250 rare normally sell for if it were an event clicky, maybe 5m right?

The only reason these were worth so much more was because it was a unique graphic. They were never really "rare" at all when there were at least 250 of them.
I dont think that "rarity" is my problem, but the way people can "achive" them now - by paying dollars. Thats what I dislike, while I welcome any idea to flood BS-treasuries. I would prefer to integrate the robe with a Replica tag in some sort of tough encounter as a rare drop or as a reward for a complicated quest that takes a while. Its just my philosophy. People should earn great things, not buy them... But this mentality may not really fit to all cultures...

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well. As always people want to have stuff without effort and insult those who are willing to invest effort with their greed or cynicism.
As always, at least on an MMO forum, there are people willing to try making their most trivial activities sound like Herculean accomplishments that should stand unweathered by the ages. Like what "effort" was involved in getting these robes? Writing a two-paragraph story four years ago? Being handed a card at a party? Wow, so impressive. There's you robe people and then there's the guy who climbed Everest. Truly such mighty efforts should never be diminished.

Like I know you desperately need to make this into me "wanting stuff without effort" because that sort of pathetic appeal to video game "work ethic" is pretty much the only arrow in the MMO tryhard's rhetorical quiver, but go read my post again. I don't want one of these stupid robes. I got them already back when they were the new hotness, didn't care, and sold them. I'm not about to turn around and pay cash money for one now.

So no, I just think the robe whining sounds pathetic because it sounds pathetic, not because I'm secretly yearning to buy one.

It's not about the gold value but about uniqueness. And yes, sentimentality. I dont understand why people write fake stories and want to have stuff they don't deserve. But, whatever. Uohall has always been a trollcave.
I wrote a handful of fake stories so I could pocket hundreds and hundreds of millions of gold overnight. It's really not that hard to understand. But you know what, at least I'm honest about being greedy. I'm not sitting here trying to act like my "sentimentality" is seriously affected by whether or not some stranger's item has a replica tag on it or not with this laughably fake tone of moral superiority.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe a little different name would do, then the original ones will still be rares and rename the ones that was sold from the store.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Well. As always people want to have stuff without effort and insult those who are willing to invest effort with their greed or cynicism. It's not about the gold value but about uniqueness. And yes, sentimentality. I dont understand why people write fake stories and want to have stuff they don't deserve. But, whatever. Uohall has always been a trollcave.

So it is a VANITY thing, you want to be so special standing around Luna Bank watching people drool all over you. If this devalues the personal value of this item to you then it truly had no personal value to you to begin with and you are really upset that is has devalued the monetary value of your item. So now the question becomes is this a vanity or selfishness thing.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe a little different name would do, then the original ones will still be rares and rename the ones that was sold from the store.
Excellent idea, Freja! Blessed on SP or not?

By the way: I am very happy that the devs listened to us and added the heritage items! Thank you!

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So it is a VANITY thing, you want to be so special standing around Luna Bank watching people drool all over you. If this devalues the personal value of this item to you then it truly had no personal value to you to begin with and you are really upset that is has devalued the monetary value of your item. So now the question becomes is this a vanity or selfishness thing.
Ouch. Frodo. I dont answer your question but the vanity-aspect is unfair. Imagine you could buy olympic gold-medals... They are not rare, hundreds, thousands out there. But you you have to work for them, right?

It's okay, I made my point, we don't agree, life will go on. See you in another thread...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Excellent idea, Freja! Blessed on SP or not?
I don't care, if no mods on it, it can be cloth blessed, but if only a deco item, I see no wrong in it being blessed just like AoS items

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna gave one of them that I know of in a small gathering that I was at, it was an impromptu gathering at the pub in Skara with maybe a dozen people there including the EM and Mesanna. The person didn't do anything special to get it and I'm sure that's not the only time she gave them out. People spent $5 when they were on the store, whether it was intended to be there or not, so removing them was not right and/or renaming them to something else would be an insult to those that bought them with real $$. I saw them on the store but personally didn't think they were worth $5 to me so I didn't buy one. Just my opinion.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouch. Frodo. I dont answer your question but the vanity-aspect is unfair. Imagine you could buy olympic gold-medals... They are not rare, hundreds, thousands out there. But you you have to work for them, right?

It's okay, I made my point, we don't agree, life will go on. See you in another thread...
You didn't just compare pixels in a game to Olympic Gold medals.......................... There are thousands of Purple Hearts out there and I am unfortunate enough to have 1. The last thing I would do is compare that to a game item, or anything that that took REAL work and sacrifice to earn. Or in my case a real bullet lodged against the bone in a real leg for others a coffin. For Olympians thousands of hours of training and single minded determination to be the best in the world. You are seriously going to compare parking that ass at keyboard and playing a video game to those things?