• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

150 luck , confirmed changes were made, need help for testing (UPDATED)

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all, im redoing a full luck suit for my garg and have been almost 1 year since i have imbued a luck suit, when i made the post of making a luck suit with blacksmithing for a tamer.

Im doing it with blacksmith now too, because its for a bard/mystic with necro so i dont mind about meditation.
The prob i see now , is that i have used 5 full copper hammer with grand arti + inspired arti + auspice/fortune , like i did in the past but i havent hit any 150 luck piece now.

So my question is, have they changed something to it?

EDIT : i have done some testing in TC1 and almost can confirm they changed something because here are the results

With copper runic :
350 pieces with grand arti + inspired arti + auspice/fortune (3 charges per try) --> max luck 130 (even got some with 90)
350 pieces with powerful + grand arti + inspired arti + auspice/fortune --> max luck 140 (almost all with an extra mod)

With bronze runic:
200 pieces with grand arti + inspired arti + auspice/fortune (3 charges per try) --> 4 x 150 luck , but always with 1 extra mod.

After all this testing , i can almost confirm that have changed the % of the blacksmithing hammers, so the semmerset excels could be wrong now for black. I ask for help to check this because i cant do it alone ^^U

Last edited:

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I built a luck suit about 1-2 months ago, and was able to get 150 luck with the method you're using. Maybe you've just hit a bad luck run? I seem to recall needing about 2 hammers per piece, though admittedly I got a little lazy and settled on some 140 luck pieces.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have done 200 pieces with copper again (100 with each option) and have tested bronze runic as well :

With copper : no change , same as the other test i did

With bronze runic:
200 pieces with grand arti + inspired arti + auspice/fortune (3 charges per try) --> 4 x 150 luck , but always with 1 extra mod.

After all this testing , i can almost confirm that have changed the % of the blacksmithing hammers, so the semmerset excels could be wrong now for black. I ask for help to check this because i cant do it alone ^^U

Have already update the main post with all this info.

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hopped on test last night because I couldn't remember if you needed to select powerful on a copper hammer to get 150 luck. I spent about 2 hours trying with and without powerful and the best I got was 140 luck.

I switched to bronze and got 150 luck in about 5 tries. It had 1 wasted mod tho.

This really sucks because I've got about 80 copper hammers and no bronze. That's kind of a crappy thing to change without telling anyone.

I wonder what else has changed with reforging .

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what my testing proves is that at least the blacksmithing reforging have changed , so the all the info we thought was true is now bad.

My example is the best one, i tried to make 150 luck pieces with copper runics like before, and have wasted around 10 hammers until i did this test. If i would know all this, i wouldnt wasted those bods for copper runics, and have bribed them to bronze runic, and made the peices i needed :(

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to do some more testing tonight. I hope that we both just went through some bad luck trying to get the roll on the 150 luck. Ive had it happen before trying to make 10 stamina pieces. I didn't count how many pieces I reforged but I know that I burned about 3000 uses so that puts it around 750 to 1000. That just seems like too many tries for it to just be bad luck.

The main thing that would suck about this is the mining part. Its easier to get gold ingots than it is to get agapite and verite .

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Strange. I crafted a luck suit some weeks ago. There were no problems getting 150 luck on it with copper hammers. 4 charges (poweful, inspired, grand, auspicious)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a luck suit only yesterday and got 2x clean 150 luck weapons from 80 charges.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, have done other 350+ items on TC1 with the same results of max of 140 luck, BUT i have done it on europa and got 150 luck after 15 pieces.....
Theres something wrong in TC1, and i hope it wont live with next publish......

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
There is a new patch ALREADY on TC1. May it be new changes? I have tried to craft 100% elemental staff on TC1 and got max 90% with a powerful oak.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope that doesnt apply to 154 intensity hml and hll weapons to. I guess i'll go and craft a couple of weapons just to be safe here

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok did some testing on TC1. Leech effects with 154 intensity still work with copper hammers. Did some daishos and got 96 hml ones. Really strange it just happens with luck. this seems to be capped at 140 (just 140 intensity though)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sounds like an accidental breakage from a change at a seemingly unrelated location affecting luck reforging.

UO's code got to the "Butterfly Effect" level a decade ago. (aka something minor having unintended consequences on the far side of the code)

Lucky Luke

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made some weapons with copper runics to try get 100% hml but max I got was 96. I think I was making hammer picks. 96 the max? Anyone fill me in on the 154 intensity thing Duncan is referring to?

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So did anyone test this further? Are these methods no longer capable of making 150 luck pieces?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont know yet. Havent tried it so far. I hope it still works the old way
Yay, another in game project. I have been busy collecting and consolidating Bods so I can begin to reforge myself. I think it would be best to have a good data set before I waste all that time and energy.

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay, another in game project. I have been busy collecting and consolidating Bods so I can begin to reforge myself. I think it would be best to have a good data set before I waste all that time and energy.
I have recently finished making a Luck suit for a Tamer on Europa - finished as in the last week but before the patch storm..;p

I can absolutely confirm that for armour and shields, 150 luck is attainable using Horned or Copper runics. INot selectable for most Barned options btw. I did not manage to reforge an acceptable 150 weapon with copper hammers but did make a 150 I didn't want by mistake...*sighs* I wound up with a good 140 and sheesh...when your base luck is 2200 plus..what's 10 luck between friends..;p

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all, im redoing a full luck suit for my garg and have been almost 1 year since i have imbued a luck suit, when i made the post of making a luck suit with blacksmithing for a tamer.

Im doing it with blacksmith now too, because its for a bard/mystic with necro so i dont mind about meditation.
The prob i see now , is that i have used 5 full copper hammer with grand arti + inspired arti + auspice/fortune , like i did in the past but i havent hit any 150 luck piece now.

So my question is, have they changed something to it?

EDIT : i have done some testing in TC1 and almost can confirm they changed something because here are the results

With copper runic :
350 pieces with grand arti + inspired arti + auspice/fortune (3 charges per try) --> max luck 130 (even got some with 90)
350 pieces with powerful + grand arti + inspired arti + auspice/fortune --> max luck 140 (almost all with an extra mod)

With bronze runic:

i use Bronze hammer and got my tamer sute but to make it 190 had to use another tool and to med i had to buy the mage armor for it

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried crafting 150 luck weapons with a copper hammer after the patch and can confirm that it doesnt work anymore. Max i got were 140 luck parts. With a bronze hammer 150 luck weapons were possible but i got too many unusable side stats here

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
then is what fear the most, the patch come with some kind of bug that decrease the intensity of hammers, like we now until now or at least (and i hope) its only a prob with luck

Waxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
do i understand this correct we cannot longer make 150 luck weapons / armor pieces with the copper + powerful?

Waxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
i tried yesterday to make ringmail legs with 150 (copper runic + power) 140 was most i got.
after around 10 hammers i tried with bronze and there i got a 150 luck part, unfortunately you get at least one other mod with that hammer, for me it was poison resist which was ok but its crap in general

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having issues with this now. Trying to make a 150 luck circlet and no "luck" so far. 130 is the best I've seen. :-(

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made some plain exceptional hatchets and then reforged them using a copper hammer (of fortune) and a powerful charge.
im pretty sure its easier to get overcapped lucked on 2 handed weapons. it might just be for bows tho. pretty sure max luck for a bow is 170 before enhance.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
use a golden hammer. a little more expensive but will save lots of time. select 2 mods for better chance at supporting mod to the luck.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well how about that. Just tried a bronze hammer with powerful and my first one was 150 luck! I just wish I looked at the resists before !!

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
theres no prob with bronze or golden, the prob here is with copper runic that doesnt work as before

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i just made a 150 luck circlet .. an hour ago with copper reforge

Waxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
i was not able to get any 150 piece with copper anymore. i think its not impossible as Azmo got one but the chances are ridiculously small.

i was able to find some old pieces i made before the pub which fit but this dont make fun. lol

nevertheless i use now weps with 140 base because i also got only **** with bronze hammers. (area damage, regenerations etc)

have anyone tried horned kits since the publish?

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah took me 6-8 or so hammers for that one piece... burned another 5 since with no results. :)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes and bronze gived you unwanted mods
Aye it sure does. After having no luck with a copper I used a bronze (with powerful) and got 150 luck but it bumped two of the resists up slightly which I didn't notice until I went to imbue! This left me with not enough imbue slots for the mods I wanted :-(