• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

120 heal/anat

Cash

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whats the best way to 120 heal/anat? rezzing ghosts or curing poison from a mob or something

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whats the best way to 120 heal/anat? rezzing ghosts or curing poison from a mob or something
The fastest way is if you have 2 accounts, or a friend that's willing to help.

Have the character that isn't working healing strip down to nothing and use a trapped box repeatedly (should try to keep himself in the 1-30 HP range). The character that's working healing/anat should be 150 dex. Just continuously heal your partner. After you target the bandaid, use the anatomy skill. It's fairly quick. You can speed anatomy up further if you have an arctic ogre lord (or prepatch golem) and hit it with a 100% poison wep while you heal your friend. Anat should actually gain very quickly since you'll be gaining it passively with 2 actions and directly with one.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or if you have a friend that is a necro, just have them go into lich form and heal them, just make sure that they don't wear anything with HP regen. If you don't have any friends, then you can put on the Cloak of Corruption and that will drain life from you, just note that you will loose karma and any furry woodland animals nearby will aggro to you, so it is probably a good idea to do this in a house.

loki danu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i got 110 from rezing ghosts i made a new account and just rezd myself from the misses comp

V

von Beck

Is it really worth going 120/120 anat / healing? I usually end up going 100 anat and 90 healing because there's more urgent things to use the skillpoints on....

(but it would be cool to have these 2 in a 6x 120's template!)

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have it and it heals an insane amount...though some don't believe it, i use enhanced bandies on my 120 anat/heal char and i do some serious healing. rest of my char are 100/100 or 100/90 though cause no room

G

gjohnson5

i have it and it heals an insane amount...though some don't believe it, i use enhanced bandies on my 120 anat/heal char and i do some serious healing. rest of my char are 100/100 or 100/90 though cause no room
I dunno
I have 120 healing and anatomy and not only is the 240 points very expensive, I wouldn't call it terrific or anything. I too use enhanced bandages on my samurai. Not very impressed to say the least

The main problem is the time it takes to heal is quite long. 5 seconds atleast and if you get poisoned then your heal was a waste.

G

gjohnson5

Last I did it (like a few months ago), rezzing ghosts made no significant difference then healing yourself in combat. Just play the game

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel doom is the best place to from 100-120 in most combat related skills as you can get arties while you train and its less dull than just whacking a golem. Also, because you are fighting some of the toughest mobs around, your gains come much quicker at higher levels.

Ive raised Swords, Fencing, Archery, Bushido, Healing, Tactics, Anatomy from 90s to 120 in Doom and always find it quite effective, plus, with the way doom works, you are bound to gather a few arties along the way which can help equip you or make you millions to plough into the characters suit!

Depending on how busy doom is, you might find that your healing takes a bit longer (although at times, when your under attack quite a bit, you will find you get lots of gains) If this is the case, and you are looking to get done as fast as possible, I would recommend getting a cloak of corruption and bandage yourself all the way to 120.

If you have another account, even better! Simply put the cloak of corruption on the char on your second account and bandage at 2s per all the way to 120.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno

The main problem is the time it takes to heal is quite long. 5 seconds atleast and if you get poisoned then your heal was a waste.
Its called 150+ dex for faster heal times and orange petals for the poison ;)

G

gjohnson5

Its called 150+ dex for faster heal times and orange petals for the poison ;)
As I explained orange petals are a 1/2 useful solution
Often times wen you get poisoned , the bandages kick in before the petals. This means the use of petals is only partially helpfuil. Reducing the delay would make it better for the petals and the healing

Also 150 dex would mean your losing either strength or intelligence. If you are using +8 dex jewelry , then you are losing other things such as lower mana cost , hit chance , defense chance and damage increase. Also my samurai currently runs 130 dex and it takes 5 seconds. Getting 20 more isn't going to improve healing speed any significant amount

Both "solutions" are not terribly useful

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
150 stamina is not hard to hit. and it will drop your time a whole second to 4 so how is that not significant? after a +25 stat, just with a jackals collar that's +15, each article of clothing i have has Stamina increase. I don't even have any +dex on ring/braclet. Just depends on what your willing to work with.

Btw my suit is all 70's max lmc max di over max hci/dci and no i didn't spend a stooopid fortune on it

G

gjohnson5

You need 140 dex (not stamina) for the max 4sec self heal.

_______
Actuallyone thing about my play style is I need to use confidence more.

That desn't help w pvm spells @ range of course, but in close combat confidence does help

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actuallyone thing about my play style is I need to use confidence more.

That desn't help w pvm spells @ range of course, but in close combat confidence does help
As long as you have bushido as a skill and are in a quick pinch, its always useful regardless of the situation. Get hit by a Greater Dragon attack, hit heal macro, do close wounds then or potion macro, and then confidence. You can pretty much have a combination of 3 different types of heals in quite a reaction-type of fashion. lol, Or even more. Just my example.

G

gjohnson5

As long as you have bushido as a skill and are in a quick pinch, its always useful regardless of the situation. Get hit by a Greater Dragon attack, hit heal macro, do close wounds then or potion macro, and then confidence. You can pretty much have a combination of 3 different types of heals in quite a reaction-type of fashion. lol, Or even more. Just my example.
I understand. Confidence works by healing and increasing stamina as samurai's parry attacks... I thought there was a proposal for parry to block some direct damage spells. I don't believe the game function in this fashion. I wish it did because this would definitely help melee players survive running away when you get jumped by caster in pvm (especially champ spawns)

C

Connor_Graham

I thought there was a proposal for parry to block some direct damage spells. I don't believe the game function in this fashion.
It does work to block spells, as well as ranged attacks like fire breath. I've tested this many times.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought there was a proposal for parry to block some direct damage spells. I don't believe the game function in this fashion.
It does work to block spells, as well as ranged attacks like fire breath. I've tested this many times.
Are you sure plain parry will block spells? I know Evasion blocks direct offensive spells as well as poison ticks, but plain parry?

C

Connor_Graham

Are you sure plain parry will block spells? I know Evasion blocks direct offensive spells as well as poison ticks, but plain parry?
I was referring to Evasion, not Parry alone. I'd gotten the impression that's what he was referring to. Maybe I'd read his post when I should have had myself in bed...

G

gjohnson5

I wish the above were true.
Implement Evasion to where it can deflect most everything and parry you'd have a chance at blocking some direct damage spells. Since spellcasters can really cast spells fast with fast casting and fast cast recovery, it shouldnt be that big an issue