• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

120/120 vs 110/110 with lvl 3 mastery

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
For those who have tested it, did you notice much of a difference between having 110/110 taming and lore skill and 120/120 when using the lvl 3 mastery? Trying to decide is 120/120 is worth it or not.

Thanks!

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My tamer was 110/110 and I recently finished working it up to 120/120 for the masteries. I certainly noticed a difference using consume damage, no healing/veting needed fighting balrons and ancient wyrms, it's pretty sweet.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
My tamer was 110/110 and I recently finished working it up to 120/120 for the masteries. I certainly noticed a difference using consume damage, no healing/veting needed fighting balrons and ancient wyrms, it's pretty sweet.
Ok cool! Thanks. Wish there was some sort of equation to determine how good the mastery gets as animal taming and lore go up.

I wonder if the mastery is more heavily weighted on higher animal taming. 120 taming and 105 lore will still give you 99% control chance. Might test this out when I finish my tamer.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm 90 taming and 120 lore. I use consume damage during the roof encounter and don't have to heal my pet.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
DJAd. That's quite impressive. Any chance the bosses were discorded?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The higher your natural skills, the less mana the masteries consume. So if you have low regen, you might want higher natural taming.

Nizam

Visitor
I can confirm. On one taming char I have 110/110 and it consumes 8 mana per second, and on another char I have 120/120 and it consumes 6 mana per second. Both have LMC 40% suits, but one is elven and the other is human,. For the 120/120 I have chained Balrons without healing but have healed with Paragon Balron. But I did not wait and see if health stabilized at a lower level, it was just an abundance of caution. For the 110/110 character mana drain is still an issue with 40 LMC, 12 Regen and GM meditation. So that extra 2 mana/sec makes huge difference.