• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

118.6 Taming....so very slow gaining...

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Any bright ideas? some other quiet spawn in another spot for better gains?

I'm doing Ridgebacks and occasionally Bulls, but it's getting very boring...that last 1.4 skill point is so close, but yet so far...

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I tried finding one in Europa already for taming but couldn't find it...it bet it's very expensive anyway.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any bright ideas? some other quiet spawn in another spot for better gains?

I'm doing Ridgebacks and occasionally Bulls, but it's getting very boring...that last 1.4 skill point is so close, but yet so far...
At that level it is going to be pretty tedious, unless you eat some scrolls for points, you may as well just tame till you get a GGS gain then hunt with your tamer instead. If you're an elf, I'd work the cu sidhe spawn - at least it's more interesting, especially if you get a blaze pup to sell. Or pick another aggressive pet to work instead. Then you can keep the pet you hit 120 on :)

I was dreaming about ridgebacks by the time my first tamer hit 120, but there wasn't much choice for gains at that time. The younger girls tame a bull for GGS if I'm in a hurry, otherwise they tame cu sidhe for longer sessions.

Wenchy

General Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You could go the GGS way like Wenchy said but stone off all your other skills so you can get a gain every day and you'll be done in 14 days. I was lucky enough to get a 0.8 taming sot the other day at the rat spawn, I think picking up random sot's is almost faster than training Taming :-/.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
You could go the GGS way like Wenchy said but stone off all your other skills so you can get a gain every day and you'll be done in 14 days. I was lucky enough to get a 0.8 taming sot the other day at the rat spawn, I think picking up random sot's is almost faster than training Taming :-/.
lol....that's scary...

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Well...it went up a bit more and I am now at 119.1 Taming....0.9 to go...

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was lucky enough with my template that I only needed to go to 110 and put +10 on a ring. I've never had to do the grind from 110 to 120, I can only imagine mind numbing hours taming/releasing/killing.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I was lucky enough with my template that I only needed to go to 110 and put +10 on a ring. I've never had to do the grind from 110 to 120, I can only imagine mind numbing hours taming/releasing/killing.
You've summed it up pretty well....now at 119.4...ZzZzZzzzzz

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations! Now to get drunk and try to erase the dreams of bulls and ridgebacks ;)

So when are you making another 120 tamer? *grins and runs*

Wenchy

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used a Scroll of Alacrity combined with GGS, just long on each day, get .2 to .5, log out (SoA timer stops when logged out), rinse- repeat.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Tha
I used a Scroll of Alacrity combined with GGS, just long on each day, get .2 to .5, log out (SoA timer stops when logged out), rinse- repeat.
That's a great idea. Guess I'll use it to train other skills now ;)

Mad Mim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if no one has suggest it, unicorns/kirins depending on char gender.