• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Selling Armor Dex4,10SI,SR2,10LMC,99Resist+More!, Deer Mask-Legendary

Xavier-Catskills

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Item is on ATL , looking at offers/trades out there. Shoot em here or drop me an icq.

This item has not been enhanced, used, manipulated, abused, or yelled at.

Attachments

Last edited:

Xavier-Catskills

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Bumparoony, Hoping this goes alittle higher considering archer/dexers are in this season. I am attending a funeral tomorrow, and flying back next day and rushing to family thanksgiving dinner. So probably will close this out around then once everything settles. Thank you all for your offers, and any discussion regarding item is perfectly fine in thread

Last edited:

Xavier-Catskills

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Last bump, Ending offers on this item tomorrow night Sunday. I get off work 11pm EST. Once I get home, highest offer at the time grabs it.

Yes JDGTR, you got high bid at 120 currently, Also I do accept trades, am starting a mini museum on cats, and I do love dem pixels. Just throwing that out there.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
bro, i aint no rares boy...sorry. I collect real life things like cars...
Really, to spend a few Gs on UO rares, i'd mod my cars, change new rims, GT wings, upgrade turbos, CF parts.
Model Chicks dig them.
Nerd Chicks dig UO rares.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Roll into a club and heads turn. No need to wait for parking. Always park front hotel lobby. Open door service.

Does Lord British or Blackthorn even visit the museum? Does UO rares behave the same as IRL assets and give you capital gains or yield? If a bug comes out, and things get duped, your UO assets gets bombed.

I mean, not to show off or what, im just giving my 2 cents to spend that money elsewhere. Put a few Gs in a mutual fund, close your eyes. Whenever you wana buy rares, just buy more mutual fund tickets. You'll appreciate my words in 5 -10 years.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
bro, i aint no rares boy...sorry. I collect real life things like cars...
Really, to spend a few Gs on UO rares, i'd mod my cars, change new rims, GT wings, upgrade turbos, CF parts.
Model Chicks dig them.
Nerd Chicks dig UO rares.
You don't have to spend billions on rares to get into rares collecting ya know. That would only be if you want the super elite highend most expensive stuff in existence. You could still easily get 10+ nice rares for about a billion, or 20+ not as great ones for the same price.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
If u really really dig UO rares, collect those real elite rares everybody wana buy, dump the rest. Non-elite class rares are just stupid fancy items made to amuse players.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
You don't have to spend billions on rares to get into rares collecting ya know. That would only be if you want the super elite highend most expensive stuff in existence. You could still easily get 10+ nice rares for about a billion, or 20+ not as great ones for the same price.
Yes Cap, you're precise on the entry price that it's not too expensive.

However, compare that to IRL again. It aint expensive to buy a color F G H diamond. You can collect loads and put them on display in your IRL museum. Then one day you decide to cash out, you realize that after 5 years, they are still same price or depreciated. Yet, if you invested in some real kickass flawless carat diamond, it would have appreciated 3 folds in past 3 years at LEAST. And, if you're good to arbitrage it to some Asian new rich foolish mine owner, who grew up dirt poor, but struck rich by buying some gold mines by bribing PEPS (politically exposed persons). man, u could make it 5 times at LEAST.

I dont do UO rares, but my gut feeling tells me they behave relatively the same.

My 2 cents.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes Cap, you're precise on the entry price that it's not too expensive.

However, compare that to IRL again. It aint expensive to buy a color F G H diamond. You can collect loads and put them on display in your IRL museum. Then one day you decide to cash out, you realize that after 5 years, they are still same price or depreciated. Yet, if you invested in some real kickass flawless carat diamond, it would have appreciated 3 folds in past 3 years at LEAST. And, if you're good to arbitrage it to some Asian new rich foolish mine owner, who grew up dirt poor, but struck rich by buying some gold mines by bribing PEPS (politically exposed persons). man, u could make it 5 times at LEAST.

I dont do UO rares, but my gut feeling tells me they behave relatively the same.

My 2 cents.
That's definitely how it works in real life, but to be honest, all rares except 1/1's drop in price no matter what lol. even if it's an awesome 1/10 rare that everyone wants and it sells for a billion, a year later it'll probly only be worth half that. Occasionally it'll jump up 100m or so if a couple people want them again, but it always falls back down. If you can find someone who really wants one, then ya you can definitely make quick cash on it, but otherwise not rlly unless you bought it for cheap.

1/1 rares are very different though, since theres only one....whoever owns it decides what the price is and everyone has to pay it if they want it since it's the only one.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, so id rather cash out on rares while prices holds. and keep those 1/1s, and when a good offer comes along, cash out again.
Cant have sentiments on commodities. Everything has a price. Even if its your own business, if someone walks up and say, "hey, pay u 5 times for you to retire. would you take it?"

What im driving it, dont get sentimental and become a hoarder. Keep the rares inventory alive and rolling. Thats a true UO rares trader. But to become a true blue collector, not too cool. Traders can collect too. e.g. i can buy/sell 10 rares, and keep 1 i like and wana flash. But my books will always be in the black, rather than in the red, always buy buy buy.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Games will always intro new items, more rare, more legendaries (what are they gona call them next? UBERS?)

Hence these items have a life cycle and prices follow suit. Ponder on this and re-look at your collection. Maybe you see a diff perspective.