• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

10 Quickie Questions

G

1 - How do I use the blackrock against the Shadow Lords, as everyone is saying? I can't cast Armageddon, if that's the trick...
2 - My poisoning skill will not raise, not even during power hour. Is this broken?
3 - Will chocolatiering be discontinued after a while, or is it here to stay?
4 - I've really tuned out of UO for the last few months. Is there some kind of recap somewhere as to what all this Moonglow business is all about and why we should care?
5 - Can I still mine up blackrock? I've never tried, but I have a GM miner. Where do I mine, and how much can I expect per hour?
6 - I still can't Tithe at shrines in KR. Will this be fixed any time soon?
7 - I am noticing I virtually never, ever resist Poison, even from Imps. I have 120 resist. Should I dump that skill and just stock orange petals?
8 - Is Stygian Abyss ever going to happen? Should I stop saving my last char slot for a gargoyle char that will never arrive?
9 - Is there a way to set an arm/disarm on the quick macro bar?
10 - Are we ever gonna get a Fey Slayer bow? UBWS doesnt work for us archers...

G

1. Any character can cast Armageddon...it does not require any Magery skill. You must be close to the Shadowlord, have a piece of Blackock in your backpack, and say "Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym". It's easiest to have the spell words bound to a macro.

2. Is your Posioning Skill unlocked with the arrow pointed up? There is no Power Hour any longer. We now have the GGS system. GGS System ~ Stratics

3. Here to stay. Hopefully, Cocoa Trees will be here soon!

4. Search Function is really handy for this one. I don't have a good enough memory to rehash all the important points.

5. You can still mine Blackrock. The RNG reigns supreme once again.

6. I play 2D, someone else will have to answer this one.

7. Not sure about this one, either. Mongbats can poison? Interesting...

8. This is an everyday question, it seems. Obviously, the UO Team isn't ready to talk about this yet, for whatever reason. Anything else is purely speculation.

9. Sounds like KR...I don't know.

10. I would send this question to Jeremy. Feedback is a good idea too. *smiles*

G

1 - How do I use the blackrock against the Shadow Lords, as everyone is saying? I can't cast Armageddon, if that's the trick...

Why can't you? Moral principal or do you not know that anyone can cast it now regardless of career choice?

2 - My poisoning skill will not raise, not even during power hour. Is this broken?

Power hour? *laugh*

3 - Will chocolatiering be discontinued after a while, or is it here to stay?
To stay.

4 - I've really tuned out of UO for the last few months. Is there some kind of recap somewhere as to what all this Moonglow business is all about and why we should care?

Threads all over UHall

5 - Can I still mine up blackrock? I've never tried, but I have a GM miner. Where do I mine, and how much can I expect per hour?

You just mine. No particular spot. You get them the same way Gems pop up.

Your guess etc etc...

7 - I am noticing I virtually never, ever resist Poison, even from Imps. I have 120 resist. Should I dump that skill and just stock orange petals?

Personal choice I suppose.

8 - Is Stygian Abyss ever going to happen? Should I stop saving my last char slot for a gargoyle char that will never arrive?

Again, your guess etc etc...

9 - Is there a way to set an arm/disarm on the quick macro bar?

Yes. I think you have to have two separate macros though. One for disarm and one for arm unless it's the same type of weapon (IE: one handed for one handed)
If that's the case simply create an arm macro and drag the icon you choose to the bar slot of your choice.

10 - Are we ever gonna get a Fey Slayer bow? UBWS doesnt work for us archers...

You never know...

G

My step by step equip instructions can be found here. It's not as complicated as it looks. I've over-explained in the thread for the folks who are easily intimidated.

J

jelake

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you're just extremely unlucky, that's really strange. My archer has a resist of 103 and he usually resists the Poison spell from Dark Wisps about 50% of the time. Regular Dragons, rarely land Poison. I can tell he's resisting it, because the spell sound effects are distinguishable from others resistable spells. I almost always resist Paralyze to, which you shouldn't discount when deciding on keeping resists in your templates. Monsters love to paralyze and teleport to your location. Nasty when they're heavy hitters.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">went thru this agony one nite with a new player who had come in on KR... I had to log in with it to figure it out, don't normally play it.. and this was some time ago, so it may or may not solve your problem

y'know how when you click on something you get a little bar for it, no matter what it is? single click that bar and the tithe option is hiding there

one of those effortless, intuitive features... </font>

<font color="purple">~edit~ and isn't Sylvani's bow a fey slayer? </font>

G

!
!!
Thanks DO!
Because of the item count vs bank box bug always messing up my # of bandages I did all my tithing and banking in Legacy. Glad to know I don't always have to! (at least where tithing is concerned)

G

<blockquote><hr>

My step by step equip instructions can be found here. It's not as complicated as it looks. I've over-explained in the thread for the folks who are easily intimidated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bless you, Flutter. Now I can finally switch weapons in an instant. You rock!

G

Hmmm ... &lt;makes notes&gt;

Methinks I see some tips in this thread.

D

drew1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold down shift and right click on shrine