• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

+1...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Your leaving Stratics to? I honestly can't tell if your just being sarcastic or if your serious.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Bleh... I am just the roady. I am not the talent.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Will miss you old man, now you'll have more time to cook! :heart:

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is this ethnic cleansing and there bringing in WOW moderators. At least now you will have more time to play UO if you so desire, thank you for your time on these forums.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bleh... I am just the roady. I am not the talent.
From what I have seen over the years all of you had the necessary talent. Seeing these posts is indeed a sad day. I hope you all go on to good things and I wish you well.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
doubt it people leaving ..more..not required in the new stratics set up.. shame.. and yes numbers dont add up anymore...time for a rethink?? no.. we cant go there....

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kelmo, you did a good job here over the years. And sometimes not an easy one i guess.Thank you for that and good luck to you finding another long strange trip.
See you on siege.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This looks like a scene from the Titanic when it hits the iceburg and sinks to the bottom of the ocean.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Is everyone on a mass exodus because of Petra?
Honestly I don't know their personal reasons but I will say it probably had an effect on some members. It's more likely that going through another sale of the site and the issues we've had with the migration creating bugs in the forums frayed some nerves while giving time to reflect on the possibility of exiting gracefully. I can say this though, I've not heard a whimper of any individual being asked to resign as far as I know it has been entirely voluntary. It's been as much of a shock for most of us as it has been for you guys, and we'll probably miss those who are leaving us every bit as much if not more.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Gonna miss seeing Kelmo's sense of humor - sometimes a lack of it - and his non-sense attitude.

Who is Stratics going to find now with a giant thread lock and key?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Stratics is always looking for quality folks... Some of you might consider it.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kelmo, you have been a great teacher and one whom anyone would be wise to emulate themselves after. I am very grateful for the time I have gotten to know you and if not anything else, this experience has given me a new friend, which makes it all worth it... no matter what may happen next.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Seriously, this looks bad. If the new owners expect not to alienate their loyal fan base they better be making some announcements explaining this. UO is really like family, we bicker and pancake, but when you start messing with one of out own, you better watch out. They better get the PR wagon rolling pretty quick. This ain't the only site around. It's a nice portal to bring all the news together in one place, but I can get all the same info I get here between about 3 other sites. I need UO.com, I need the role playing site for Great Lakes, and I need "that other site" for info on items, quests, history, and such. And that's really it. Since Stratics got bought the forums have been down for a week and now some of the most loved and respected members of the community are leaving for whatever reason. This is not a good way to start. I can always go to UO facebook if I feel like pancakes about something. If I had bought Stratics I'd be all over these boards posting and letting folks know everything is going to be fine and what I hope to do for the community. I've barely heard a peep from them.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Seriously, this looks bad. If the new owners expect not to alienate their loyal fan base they better be making some announcements explaining this. UO is really like family, we bicker and pancake, but when you start messing with one of out own, you better watch out. They better get the PR wagon rolling pretty quick. This ain't the only site around. It's a nice portal to bring all the news together in one place, but I can get all the same info I get here between about 3 other sites. I need UO.com, I need the role playing site for Great Lakes, and I need "that other site" for info on items, quests, history, and such. And that's really it. Since Stratics got bought the forums have been down for a week and now some of the most loved and respected members of the community are leaving for whatever reason. This is not a good way to start. I can always go to UO facebook if I feel like pancakes about something. If I had bought Stratics I'd be all over these boards posting and letting folks know everything is going to be fine and what I hope to do for the community. I've barely heard a peep from them.
My thoughts exactly. I've tried to keep my posts game related, mostly to avoid the wrath of Kelmo ;) but this doth not bode well.

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Safe travels for you too Kelmo.
Best of luck and fortune on your future endeavours.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Ode to Kelmo (to the tune of Froggy Went a Courtin')

@kelmo was a moderator, posters he did chide, Mhmmm...
over Stratics Uhall he did preside,
The big ban hammer by his side. Mhmmm

Kelmo moderated Stratics Uhall, Mhmmm...
Kelmo really had some gall,
liked to lock threads, one and all. Mhmmm

Took rowdy posters upon his knee,
and said "Rico, I ban thee,
a moderator you'll not be." Mhmmm

Rico came to steal his hammer,
then Kelmo threw him in the slammer,
the mighty Kelmo and ban hammer. Mhmmm

Now Kelmo has long since retired, Mhmmm...
and his ban hammer has expired,
but for me, him I'll always admire. Mhmmm

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Welp since I am now (no it's not been announced) the new Stratics PR girl I guess this falls upon me. Please keep in mind some of us are in new roles here, and with the forum migration and the problems that go along with it, there hasn't been much time for anything else. The "new guy" has been getting to know us just as we have been getting to know him. At this time some people have chosen to leave. I haven't been told why most of them quit, nor is it any of my business. I will say firmly it isn't anything that has to do with Ultima Online. We as a family can guess and speculate all we want but I doubt any of us will ever know the whole truth.
I will tell you this, as long as I am still involved there will always be a UO forum for us to land on. I will stick with Ultima Online, and promoting the game as best as I can till the day it shuts me out.
We will be here helping each other out even if it is just me and one other person!
The status quo of the UOStratics forums and knowledge base are the same as they've always been. We plan on being here a long time. Keep in mind no one buys a site just to scrap it. We are here for the long haul. Perhaps a little lighter in the staff department right now, but it's not anything we can't handle. And we will handle it, together I hope.
Thank you for caring and being so passionate about Stratics. We hope to continue to live up to your expectations!

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dag nabbit...not you too.

But I'm sure your life will be less stressful now that you don't have to deal with everyone here :p

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are THE Kelmo. You have always been THE Kelmo! THE Kelmo is gone - long live THE Kelmo!!!

Sad, that I will probably never see again somebody "waking up THE Kelmo" ;-)

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kelmo is leaving????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! He is my mainstay. I love hearing from him here and on Seige. Thank you for all of your wisdom. I can hardly say goodbye on this one. I hope you are not leaving the game too. Best wishes in all you do.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You've always been a great support and role model to the rest of us mods Kelmo, we'll miss you :)

Wenchy

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*smiles* What a long strange trip it has been. Thank you all! *bows*

Exit stage left...

And to keep up the Song theme

Ray_Martin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think you're eloquent and you always came across as a great player to me. If you're leaving the forums completely I will be sad, but man did I disagree with the way you moderated things. I just felt you were too quick on the trigger sometimes. I saw your point, but to moderate you need some moderation.

Again, your opinions on the game are spot on and I respect them a lot when I see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.