• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

1 Gold Coin = 65534 Gold ????

• Thread starter Kyrie_Elaison
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
K

Kyrie_Elaison

Just broke out my beggar and was given 1 gold coin that looks like a regular stack of gold. When you go to move it you get the slider bar gump that maxes out at 65534 gold.

Has anyone seen this yet?

Please don't move to the beggar forum, as nobody over there has responded to this.

S

Syfka

Yes i have some as well it is something that i guess was a bug from back in the day that was just left in the game you can only get them from begging

K

Kyrie_Elaison

You should see gold total, near your luck, resists an other stats
Oh gotcha. It shows that each one is only one gold. I tried going to different shops and they showed the correct amount of gold as well.

I know there used to be a bug that showed "1 gold coins" as a stack, but I've never seen it where the slider gump came up with a huge amount of gold attached to it.

U

ultima online

*nods* tis an old old old ooollllld bug thats been around the block more times than j'lo, just a normal gold coin you get from begging, makes nice house deco tho. just dont store it in your bank other wise it will be spend just like any other gold coin :)

K

Kyrie_Elaison

*nods* tis an old old old ooollllld bug thats been around the block more times than j'lo, just a normal gold coin you get from begging, makes nice house deco tho. just dont store it in your bank other wise it will be spend just like any other gold coin :)
Do they sell on vendors?

I have a bank at my house that I can use them to deco with, other than that they are kind of useless to me.

U

ultima online

you could sell them on a vendor but its not worth much :) pretty easy to get them.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Less karma = less gold acquired from begging.

Really low karma = negative gold acquired from begging.

Negative gold = bugged stack. Hard to explain why you get those particular values without giving a long lecture on how computers handle numbers.

You can put the piles in your bank and convert them into a check if you like. You'll get one gold per stack.

You'll actually find that the glitched stacks you get aren't all the same value. The Cloak of Corruption is useful for those who wish to try it.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Less karma = less gold acquired from begging.

Really low karma = negative gold acquired from begging.

Negative gold = bugged stack. Hard to explain why you get those particular values without giving a long lecture on how computers handle numbers.

You can put the piles in your bank and convert them into a check if you like. You'll get one gold per stack.

You'll actually find that the glitched stacks you get aren't all the same value.
I have no karma, and I have yet to see a bugged stack. Would negative Karma have any effect on it?

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Negative karma = less then no karma.

For best results, you want to take it as low as you can get it.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

I had a stack of ingots that did this... visably it showed one ingot but when you go to move it there was over 57k.. was neat!

N

NewThunder

Yes i have some as well it is something that i guess was a bug from back in the day that was just left in the game you can only get them from begging
They can be obtained through other means; however it would violate the stratics rules to post the exact how to manual.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

They can be obtained through other means; however it would violate the stratics rules to post the exact how to manual.
I know something about an endless water pitcher that can be obtained by other means as well, but as you said it would violate the stratics rules to post about it.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But not into the negative, right?
You don't seem to be understanding me. When I say "you want it as low as possible", I MEAN as low as possible - as far down into the negatives as you can get it. Outcast/Dread levels. Put a Cloak of Corruption on for an hour or something, that'll do the trick.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's very clear.

Now, having very negative karma, would that affect which items I get from the Heartwood elves?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I had a stack of ingots that did this... visably it showed one ingot but when you go to move it there was over 57k.. was neat!
I used to have stacks that were the opposite... Showed a stack of ingots but when you moused over or tried to separate any it showed 0 ingots.....