• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

1 Acct 1 Vote

Does this sound like a Fair and Just system

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Buffs can be changed every week! You can switch you citizenship every week. Governors are every 6 months. Can't be compared. You can build a relationship with your governors and choose to ally yourself with a city that suits your needs.

The system is truly more for the RP'ers and that's the core of it. The fact that these buffs are tied to it was poor judgement on the developers side. I said it once, I'll say it again... those two groups have traditionally never gotten along. If you don't believe me, raise your hand if your shard typically has a separate RP chat. I'll wait.
So true! PVP'ers can affect change every single week. Can't do the same for governorships. That's a great and valid point. You guys can switch to a better town that suits your style best.

~ Sue.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I think each town should have a persistent trade deal that fits the town. Jhelom-SSI. Moonglow- MR or SDI. ect ect. This would eliminate the only official need of a governor. I also agree that having a governor in a monarchy is odd. Maybe have them be Prince's and Princesses?

RueTor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ask around in game. most players dont use stratics at all, or come here only very rarely for game info. i myself didnt use stratics for years.
We can always use the default approach from the UO page....
Feedback.jpg
At least it makes me feel a little better posting here. ;)

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
No Ones asked you to limit anything but Voting, 1 Acct 1 Vote , Pure and simple if you wanna try and argue that's not anything but fair then get out the Big Rubber Stamp that says XShard Voter and apply to Forehead. PS Ive yet to find a Shard that doesn't utilize every single trade deal in 1 town or the other so not sure where you going with that , Plz try again.

Your maturity level is immeasurable! Way to come off as a self absorbed biggot whom must have the only correct answer...

Do I need to post screen shots to really disprove the idea that you have NEVER come across a shard that isnt utilizing every single trade deal?? I'm sorry that you lost an election because someone else has more "friends" than you, but what you need to realize by limiting an account to 1 vote is the simple fact it takes away from many whom are actively engaged in multiple communites. I am a damn proud Xshard voter, because there are EXTREMELY cool people on every shard and if they need my support OR are going to be campainging with the promise of the trade deal I need they have my vote. Not everyone is Petty, not everone got paid to vote and not everyone is the boogey man.

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Your maturity level is immeasurable! Way to come off as a self absorbed biggot whom must have the only correct answer...

Do I need to post screen shots to really disprove the idea that you have NEVER come across a shard that isnt utilizing every single trade deal?? I'm sorry that you lost an election because someone else has more "friends" than you, but what you need to realize by limiting an account to 1 vote is the simple fact it takes away from many whom are actively engaged in multiple communites. I am a damn proud Xshard voter, because there are EXTREMELY cool people on every shard and if they need my support OR are going to be campainging with the promise of the trade deal I need they have my vote. Not everyone is Petty, not everone got paid to vote and not everyone is the boogey man.
WoW 1st Off plz don't Hold Back, Tell us all how you Realy feel.2nd, ive never run for a Governorship, good try just an Epic Fail, plz try again. 3rd Plz return the XShard Voter Stamp once you've applied to Forhead.

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
n
Would the Christmas party or your Relay for Life races been an appropriate time and place to speak with the EM? If players started to ambush the EM's with questions at events, they might stop showing up to them.
no but he does have MAIL box an can be found on the forms here. if a player really want to get with him there are ways

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say this 1 will due. 50+ Votes is a pretty good sampling of the Player Base and over 70% voted Aye, The people have spoken.
No, it's a decent sampling of the Stratics base, not the UO player base.

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
No, it's a decent sampling of the Stratics base, not the UO player base.
Spin it anyway you feel you need to. If you cant see that its UO Folks following this Thread then,,,well never mind its the Holidays,Merry Christmas !!!

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spin it anyway you feel you need to. If you cant see that its UO Folks following this Thread then,,,well never mind its the Holidays,Merry Christmas !!!
Well to be fair he's right. Its always been only 10% or less of the player base that's ever visited any uo fan site including stratics.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can any of the Devs or Mesanna address this?

Cross shard griefers intending on harassment and verbal assaults have been hit on Catskills, insulting our EM there. That's unacceptable and not AT ALL what our shard would ever engage in and do, never. Griefers will continue to deteriorate this system to the point that NO GOVERNORS will want to run...

Make it 1 account, 1 shard if you cannot lock it down to far. Give folks the ability to vote on all their characters --- if we have RP for our characters, they all should be able to vote. At LEAST they will be you own shard's players.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So who is excited for the Lake Austin Elections elections when you have to vote on your house shard? i forsee many many vacant stones because people wont even be able to get a nomination.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pandora i know you do alot for your home shard, but asking for voting on house shards only, when you and your buddy personally have 100 houses there seems kinda self serving. It just seems you only want to deal with a select group of local rpers and not the general public who play the shard.

i would see 1 account one vote as balancing, but voting on only your house shard just doesnt seem to serve the majority of UO players in the modern age of the game.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pandora i know you do alot for your home shard, but asking for voting on house shards only, when you and your buddy personally have 100 houses there seems kinda self serving. It just seems you only want to deal with a select group of local rpers and not the general public who play the shard.

i would see 1 account one vote as balancing, but voting on only your house shard just doesnt seem to serve the majority of UO players in the modern age of the game.
How wrong you are sir about me or whatever anyone else has told you about me... How wrong they are!

The reason I was leading 75% in the votes prior to the addition of people ballot-stuffing, who then come back to not only try to bash me but also insult our EM, is exactly because I made friends with a whole ton of people and mostly those that DO NOT RP.

I often break character to explain to folks that get lost with RP'ers around what's going on in a language they can relate and help them communicate with the RP'ers in essence teaching them to at least enjoy their time with the RP'ers. I invest in everyone!

I will party folks and help them develop their characters and let them enjoy it rather than be bored with it because they don't understand it. I made you the SAME OFFER when you wrote me to apologize for what went down the first time this type of election stealing went down. Had you taken me up I that offer, you would have gotten to know me in that way, but you never did. I even offered you to come work with me as Lt. Governor but you never did.

I am also a person of my word so when I say that I asked my friends to only vote on their main accounts that have RP meaning, that's exactly what we did. Bianca even posted exactly how she had voted with her 3 accounts that have her RP characters, I also posted the same --- we do not lie.

It wasn't until the 11th hour that Bianca even decided to open her accounts because she gets really emotional about this situation. The first time this happened caused her to basically quit for a long time. When people are sitting there name calling me, threatening me, and saying that I attacked someone about real life issues when I, or anyone on Catskills for that matter, never did, yeah that's pretty personal to her.

And by the way, the reason I have no problem with people who own large cities like mine --- again I'm NOT by far the only one to have friends that own multiple accounts there are other RP cities in Catskills (hell in other shards too!) that do also --- is every one of those buildings serves a purpose for our shard or my guild on CATSKILLS!!! And believe me I don't have anywhere near 100 buildings!

For example, we own (and in character we lease out to Vesper) the building that hosts the city of Vesper auctions and town market place. @MareJadeSky can tell you all about that. We were asked if we can help with that building so we redesigned it just for that purpose.

Another example, my Britain General Hospital is going to be used to help a lot of non-RP'ers work with the RP'ers on joint storylines since a hospital is something that is rather easy to break into some light RP with. I have asked @Gillian Wilkins and @Norrar to help with that and @Lord Bytor has gotten excited about it and even came up with some great entry stories to kick it off that involve the RBG a folks too!

Every building has a purpose, but besides ALL of that I know and can speak for other RP towns in our shard that when we say we won't use those accounts, we won't. Because we LOVE our shard and the entire we have those buildings is because we love our shard. I have a feeling other multi-account holders on other shards might just feel the same way too. If we weren't forced to, for sure. We feel forced to often times! That's not a good feeling like at all.

I have been completely on the defensive since March when everyone was renaming polar bears with named like "Pandabeech"or making fun of our RP or calling me names on chat that begin with a c and end with a t, etc. Ask even friends that came here like @Dot_Warner --- she saw it all first hand and she experiences the same thing on her shard a lot. It's really something to be targeted like that. And I'm a sensitive person and ever since then I have felt completely attacked from every angle. It's made me soooo defensive. I took a break, came back and have been working to mend some fences because I know I've taken things personally that maybe I shouldn't have from the other RP'ers --- @Judas D'arc and I have been talking about that and they have been positive talks. I think people needed to feel exactly what I went through in March to know how that can easily put you on high alert. I thank them for reaching out and working with me about it.

Last edited:

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also do not feel I should be punished, as much as others feel they shouldn't be punished for the opposite, for always remaining true to my Catskills and not playing elsewhere other than in passing. That's actually an honorable thing and I know a lot - A LOT - of players that are the same exact way. There is probably a lot more that keep themselves to one shard primarily, maybe visiting others from time to time, than not.

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pandy and lot of other do a a ponit, it need to be lock not just per char but per shard so if u vote on cats u cant vote ANYWHERE else, it will spot the buying of vote on one shard and then have the use that vote on another

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just dont see what a house has to do with voting at all. Yes houses can be used for RP, but for alot of people its just a box. I know plenty of people who keep their house on Atlantic, just because thats where crafting / buying / selling is easier and dont even play atlantic. Once a character is geared its moved to what he or she still considers a "home shard" where they actually play, and where they actually take advantage of the Town system.

btw, glad to know people are admitting to spending RLM on votes. It amazes me how much people get caught up in this system.

I still say if there werent more important things to be worked on that the whole voting aspect should be thrown out for a better system than is actually enhances real gameplay. Want to be a governor? Gather your supporters and slay the invading dragon of the town (im thinking something about 10 times more hp and double the damge output of a crimson dragon)

Since the majority of UO players enjoy pvm, i would think a better system would be based off PVM rather than voting.
It would also solve the problem of players with multiple accounts, and of of cross shard elections (obviously only developed characters would be effective in difficult pvm)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know plenty of people who keep their house on Atlantic, just because thats where crafting / buying / selling is easier and dont even play atlantic.
That's exactly my point. The number of those people vs. the people that actually do ALL of that stuff --- rafting / buying / selling --- on the shards they call home cannot be compared. You want to vote on Catskills, well then you should be crafting / buying / selling here, as well. Helping OUR shard grow --- not another.

Atlantic is a cess pool, to be honest... and its probably why people do that there, but play elsewhere. That shard has the biggest culmination of a-- "holes" I've seen EVER. Do you really think any of us wants to be invaded on our shards by those types of people? LOOK AT WHAT THEY DO!

If this isn't a case for allowing 1 vote per account, across all shards... I dunno what is. This guy came here just to harass and insult me, to tell our EM to "eat a d - - k" and got mad when I asked the EM "in character" for a private audience that included the King AND the governors alone to avoid the crap this guy was spewing out. Catskills DOES NOT have these situations like that, I've never seen it ... we have "in character" drama because we're a conflict RP shard, sure. But not being called out of our names or insulted the way EM Barnaby was!

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Please tell me when we reached that 100 account milestone. I think I missed that part! Was there a party? Were invitations sent out?

~ Sue.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL I know right? We've never hid the fact we have multiple house accounts. Matter of fact, for complete clarity I'll list them for you. BUT --- 100... come on now. Seriously?

I have 8 accounts at Vamp's Lair, 4 accounts in West Umbra that's a total of 12 --- # of accounts that are 100% active with active characters on them, 4 --- the rest I cycle every 3 months. Sue how about you?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's exactly my point. The number of those people vs. the people that actually do ALL of that stuff --- rafting / buying / selling --- on the shards they call home cannot be compared. You want to vote on Catskills, well then you should be crafting / buying / selling here, as well. Helping OUR shard grow --- not another.

Atlantic is a cess pool, to be honest... and its probably why people do that there, but play elsewhere. That shard has the biggest culmination of a-- "holes" I've seen EVER. Do you really think any of us wants to be invaded on our shards by those types of people? LOOK AT WHAT THEY DO!

If this isn't a case for allowing 1 vote per account, across all shards... I dunno what is. This guy came here just to harass and insult me, to tell our EM to "eat a d - - k" and got mad when I asked the EM "in character" for a private audience that included the King AND the governors alone to avoid the crap this guy was spewing out. Catskills DOES NOT have these situations like that, I've never seen it ... we have "in character" drama because we're a conflict RP shard, sure. But not being called out of our names or insulted the way EM Barnaby was!
worse happens even here on stratics in the trade forum daily. i dunno what you expect from a character named "griefer king" who is well known on multiple shards to live up to his name.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL I know right? We've never hid the fact we have multiple house accounts. Matter of fact, for complete clarity I'll list them for you. BUT --- 100... come on now. Seriously?

I have 8 accounts at Vamp's Lair, 4 accounts in West Umbra that's a total of 12 --- # of accounts that are 100% active with active characters on them, 4 --- the rest I cycle every 3 months. Sue how about you?
sounds like close enough to 100 to me (when bianca is inclued)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
worse happens even here on stratics in the trade forum daily. i dunno what you expect from a character named "griefer king" who is well known on multiple shards to live up to his name.
And he cirumvents the ban hammer by using throw away trial accounts he doesn't ever pay for. Its time to ban his IP address... no?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The voting on this seems fairly conclusive, 75%/25%.... Please I Ask, Take Notice Devs .
and as always, stratics polls are always precluded by "these numbers mean absolutely nothing and are not representative of the general player base"

its well known only 10 percent of UO players use stratics. Lets not forget about what is best for those with no vote in this poll.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And he cirumvents the ban hammer by using throw away trial accounts he doesn't ever pay for. Its time to ban his IP address... no?
wouldnt bother me a bit if he were banned. considering how cheating is rampant tho in everything in UO from EM events to resource gathering to idocing, i sincerely doubt anything would be done for language like his. Take it as a state of the game if you will.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What about limiting voting to characters based on skill points? In order to vote a character needs to be trained to a certain level to ensure that it's legitimate and not just made to cast a bought vote. Maybe something like 3 skills at 80 or higher? Low enough that new players/characters could participate but high enough that it would be time consuming to reach just to cast a vote? I'm sure this idea has it's own problems but it would allow folks who do actually play multiple shards to vote on each one while limiting ballot stuffing.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 3 main accounts that have viable RP characters on them; Bianca, Ariana, and August. Those are always on. In addition to that I own the inn and teleporter house in Vamp's Lair, that's 2... in West Umbra I own 5 houses... in Winterhaven I own 7 houses... in Cindervale I own 6. That's 23 total. I also cycle through my house accounts on a 3 month basis. So no, still no where near 100.

So 3 accounts, my mains, would be the only ones to normally vote on ANY ELECTION unless I am forced otherwise by certain people who have a personal agenda against Pandora and lie, cheat, manipulate, calculate, and most apparently steal to get whatever they want because their life totally sucks and this is the only attention they ever get. Every other single election we've had, I've never voted on more than my 3 main RP characters. And I can prove it with my credit card statements.

~ Sue.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about limiting voting to characters based on skill points? In order to vote a character needs to be trained to a certain level to ensure that it's legitimate and not just made to cast a bought vote. Maybe something like 3 skills at 80 or higher? Low enough that new players/characters could participate but high enough that it would be time consuming to reach just to cast a vote? I'm sure this idea has it's own problems but it would allow folks who do actually play multiple shards to vote on each one while limiting ballot stuffing.
No what you should do is tie voting to the ACTUAL VIRTUES that those cities represent along with a like a 60 or 90 day minimum CHARACTER life (not account) in order to vote. Sooooo for Britain, COMPASSION is your virtue, so you would have to have a certain amount of point into Compassion before you are allowed to declare fielty to that city.

I would also like to see the gd city buffs duplicated from the Governor system to VvV. So PvP'ers can get their buffs in FELUCCA and leave the voting system alone.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No what you should do is tie voting to the ACTUAL VIRTUES that those cities represent along with a like a 60 or 90 day minimum CHARACTER life (not account) in order to vote. Sooooo for Britain, COMPASSION is your virtue, so you would have to have a certain amount of point into Compassion before you are allowed to declare fielty to that city.

I would also like to see the gd city buffs duplicated from the Governor system to VvV. So PvP'ers can get their buffs in FELUCCA and leave the voting system alone.
The virtue thing wouldn't work, considering a few of the virtues still don't do anything since for some reason Lord British and the original devs didn't finish them.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Please tell me when we reached that 100 account milestone. I think I missed that part! Was there a party? Were invitations sent out?

~ Sue.
Guess they are all on Siege, just the most active guild do have them.
Gilfane, 188 active account (79 the last 7 days, 64 the last month and 25 the last 3 months)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the system is working fine.... the new system one account one vote would still work the same.....Its simple whoever get the most votes via mostly paying for them wins....its very much the same in real life.....just take one example ....thats how hosting the next two football world cup was won by vote paying in the form of presents....

Its rife in real life and sadly tis the same for our game...

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess they are all on Siege, just the most active guild do have them.
Gilfane, 188 active account (79 the last 7 days, 64 the last month and 25 the last 3 months)
We keep getting accused of having a bazillion accounts, when in truth... anyone that has a player town or something to that effect would more than likely have several accounts. Matter of fact, I dunno a single person in my Catskills circle of friends that has ever just had ONE account. And truthfully, we do not use them to vote unless forced to. And we're only ever forced to when a certain person is involved.

The bottom line is --- our Governors should not be elected by other shards. Period. There should be a limit of 60-90 days "life" for a character to be able to vote and it should not be tied to city reputation --- that's too easy to circumvent. Make it about the trade quests or fix the virtue system and tie it to that, not reputation. Vesper can use Minoc's Virtue (or a fun thing would be to introduce new virtues, but that would be complicated). Duplicate the city buffs to its RIGHTFUL place, in the VvV system so its not dependent on Governors but can be offered to both types of players (that would allow reds to get the buffs too!).

You do that and we won't have as many problems as we do today!

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
However and whatever new system is changed ....it will still get abused....plain and simple....some people like to cheat...like to bend the rules...every corner of UO as been abused and will continue to be... as long as people are people