• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] 0 - Sampire in 3 days and first Dreadhorn dead :)

S

Stupid Miner

Any tips for the grizzle keys?
If you're up against the evil mage lord(repond), use a Mage slayer. Undead slayer kills you if you fight him, and Repond slayer kills you if anyone else is on you.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got the keys now, was just an unlucky first 2 runs an had everything on me, plus not being sure what i was looking for on the corpses!

He's a bit of a bugger trying to swing and stay out of the poison, was doing fine then all of a sudden just started taking huge damage from him and couldnt get a hit in. Might try it on my tamer see if its easier, although if its anything like trav its a long fight compaired to sampire :)

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what all skills and items u need to solo the peerless?
I'll go ahead and repost this totally awesome guide that I read somewhere on here... :eyes:

45+ DCI

All 60's resists at the bare minimum, after vamp form. 75+ fire and poison after vamp if you're going to be fighting things with necromancy.

Dexterity bonus/Stamina increase - Dex bonus for healing (if you use it) stam increase for swing speed.

Damage increase - weapon, jewelry and talisman. Stormgrip can be used, but I like gloves with better resists.

Lower mana cost - nice to have, not needed, you should leech enough.

Mana regen - same as LMC

Mana increase - not really needed as an elf, but for a human it's awesome

LRC is a no. The only times you will ever use regs for anything as a sampire are either casting vampiric embrace (lasts until your next death) or curse weapon (if you have high-ish spirit speak). And arcane boots work fine for VE. Just carry Pig Iron for curse weapon.

A decent suit would be:

Mace and Shields
Jackal's Collar
Rune Beetle Carapace/Heart of the Lion
High resist sleeves with stam inc, mana inc, LMC, whatever you want. Resists are main thing
Gloves - same as sleeves
Fey Leggings/Leggings of Bane
Ring - DCI/DI/Stat bonuses/resists/HCI (not truly needed if you can spam lightning strike)
Bracelet - same as ring

Weapon - This is the hardest part to find, for me at least. For swords, I would look at radiant/twinkling scimitars, rune blades, and ornate axes, with:

40+ Hit Mana Leech
40+ Hit Stamina Leech (really, you can do without. refresh pots if one handed, or Divine Fury)
40+ Hit Lower Attack (no HLD needed because of Mace and Shields)
25+ Swing Speed Increase (not absolutely a requirement for scimitar, but 25 for rune blades and 30 for ornates)
10+ DCI/HCI (not really needed. should get enough DCI on suit and HCI from LS)
~40 Damage Increase - more damage is always great

Template is:

120 weapon skill
120 bushido
120 parry
100 tactics
100 anatomy
100 necromancy
60 chivalry

or I use this one usually:
120 swords
120 bushido
120 tactics
100 anatomy
100 healing
100 necromancy
60 chivalry

Lynk has an awesome one, but it takes a LOT of +skill items, so hard to put together. I'll post it anyway:

120 swords
120 bushido
120 parry
99 necromancy
90 anatomy
90 healing
90 tactics
60 chivalry

You need 69 skill points from items to make it work though.

Oh, and wammy is a samurai in wraith form. Uses only 40 necromancy and at least 80 spirit speak. I think mine will eventually go something like:

120 macing
120 bushido
120 parry
120 tactics
120 spirit speak
80 chivalry
40 necromancy

Of course, you can drop tactics, spirit speak, and chivalry 20 or so points each for anatomy, or you can drop parry completely for 120 anatomy. Your call.

Suit and weapons are easier though:

Wraith form adds +15? physical, and takes away 5 fire and energy, I think. I cast protection for curse weapon though, which nullifies, or at least reduces, the physical bonus. Curse weapon gives you 50% life leech, and wraith form gives you a percentage of mana drain based on your spirit speak. Like, 25% or so at GM I think?

Weapon:
I use macing on mine, for stam drain. Diamond maces are my favorite.

40+ stamina leech
40+ hit lower attack
25+ swing speed increase
~40 damage increase

That's all you really need. Pretty simple, just a little harder to play, have to keep curse weapon up.

Or, you could do:

120 wep
120 bushido
120 parry
100 tactics
100 spirit speak
100 necromancy
60 chivalry

For the ability to switch between vamp and wraith as needed. I run that one right now actually. And, as before, you could drop parry for anatomy if you want.

C

Chyna of Sonoma

I finally got it figured out. Did a Dread Horn last night and a Paroxysmus today. Parox is easier but he kills you(me) with one punch (i took along a second account rezzer). Died a bunch of times on Parox until i switched to a speedy kryss with HLA, HLD, HSL, HML and then i was able to keep the stats up. Leafblade was too slow, he kept sucking my stamina too much.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I finally got it figured out. Did a Dread Horn last night and a Paroxysmus today. Parox is easier but he kills you(me) with one punch (i took along a second account rezzer). Died a bunch of times on Parox until i switched to a speedy kryss with HLA, HLD, HSL, HML and then i was able to keep the stats up. Leafblade was too slow, he kept sucking my stamina too much.

Do you not take stam pots with you to compensate for the stam loss?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont have any problem with either of them using a radiant with 43ML 50 SL 43HLA 35SSI 40DI [plus 30HLD from glasses] 150HP and using VE and CW

Thunderz

S

StarlaUO

Parox will one hit kill you if your hit point is not high enough, Its easier if you boost your str to 150, use trinsic rose petal and greater strength potion for the fight. This will save you the hassle of his one-hit kill.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got putrifer figured out finally, he's kinda easy with the right set up and proxy dropped a crimmon on the 3rd and 4th run :)
Please share your secret, i'm still scoring an epic fail with this bugger on my sampire... :(

*edit putrifyer that is, not parox.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please share your secret, i'm still scoring an epic fail with this bugger on my sampire... :(

*edit putrifyer that is, not parox.
100% energy daisho's [to spam feint] with ML SL HLA DI SSI

honour him
EoO
Confidence
Curse wepon
And spam feint

Thunderz

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So just spam feint and no jousting required?

I will have to try and acquire one of these weapons then give it a go.

Cheers

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you find a weapon that's 100% any damage type, does that count as a property for imbuing?

S

Stupid Miner

So just spam feint and no jousting required?

I will have to try and acquire one of these weapons then give it a go.

Cheers
Just so you know, spamming feint means every 3rd or 4th hit.

If you find a weapon that's 100% any damage type, does that count as a property for imbuing?
No

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally got round to trying this out with the Daishos and had a great result..at first!

Imbued Daishos with 30 SSI, 50 HLA, 40 ML, 40 SL and 40 DI

Downed my first Putrifier using feint and lightning strike (with concecrete weapon) and had no issues whatsover, felt as if i was fighting a balron.

Then, second time round got mana drained and coulnd't cast feint and died.

Third time casted feint but missed 3 consecutive swings and died :(

I really need to get energy daisho's, but at the moment, supply is terrible on Europa and i'm struggling to find some to imbue...

P

pgcd

I really need to get energy daisho's, but at the moment, supply is terrible on Europa and i'm struggling to find some to imbue...
I have two daishos that might help - one is 50% energy and needs enhancing, the other is 40 cold 60 energy, both with appropriate mods for imbuing. If you wanna check them out, icq (241965743) or PM me

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is my biggest problem too. I hate casting consecrate, and I hate relying on it for when you get vamped/drained.

I loot EVERY 100% non-physical weapon and throw it in a chest. Whenever I have to go fight a new mob I check out what their resists look like and make a weapon for it if I don't already have one.

S

Stupid Miner

If you have a blacksmith, just burn through DC hammers til you get one.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have a blacksmith, just burn through DC hammers til you get one.
Thats what i do, still trying to get a perfect one of each type. Just in the process of burning another 200 hammers and the FIRST one gave me a 100% fire/energy and cold :D But there not perfect unfortunatly, have 1 or 2 other mods

Thunderz

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys, i wasn't sure if this was the best way to do it. Will get burning some hammers :D

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally got round to trying this out with the Daishos and had a great result..at first!

Imbued Daishos with 30 SSI, 50 HLA, 40 ML, 40 SL and 40 DI

Downed my first Putrifier using feint and lightning strike (with concecrete weapon) and had no issues whatsover, felt as if i was fighting a balron.

Then, second time round got mana drained and coulnd't cast feint and died.

Third time casted feint but missed 3 consecutive swings and died :(

Aye its easy with the right equipment isnt it :)

I still get the odd bad one were i either dont hit or no leeches go off but its probably in the region of 5%. Much better than the other way round :)

Thunderz

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys, i wasn't sure if this was the best way to do it. Will get burning some hammers :D
Iv done 15 now and have 3 of each at 100% but non are perfect [saying that the one i currently use doesnt have HLA as it has 1% poison resist, but still makes him easy :)]

Thunderz