• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] 0 - Sampire in 3 days and first Dreadhorn dead :)

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3 days, alot of gold and just killed my first solo Dread Horn or 6 :)

I was shocked at how easy he is!
Whats the next peerless up to try and solo? An any important notes or key points to take in? I have 100 anat/SS but only 70 Resist spells.

Thanks

Thunderz

S

Stupid Miner

6? Really? I'd gouge my eyes out from the sheer boredom. lol

Anyway, could try Medusa, make sure you bring a lot of Gorgon lenses. Make sure you're not wearing a trinket while fighting her, she's repond. The keys are easy to get with a snake-charmer flute.

After that? Dunno, see which champ spawns you can solo? Semidar isn't bad in wraith form.

Have fun and tell us if you ever solo a Harbinger :)

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep 16 dreeds now and im bored of it lol.

Iv never been into medusa let alone attempt to solo her, cant find much info online either about her.

Any tips or tactics to do this with a sampire?
I was thinking one of the older peerless's that might be easier to try first?

Im gona try a harbringer now though :)

S

Stupid Miner

Yep 16 dreeds now and im bored of it lol.

Iv never been into medusa let alone attempt to solo her, cant find much info online either about her.

Any tips or tactics to do this with a sampire?
I was thinking one of the older peerless's that might be easier to try first?

Im gona try a harbringer now though :)
If you can take DH, Medusa is no challenge. She is a bit harder to hit, though.

Update: Just noticed when fighting medusa i have to retarget her every couple seconds... anyone else get this? Assuming it's due to the petrification attack (even though it's deflected).

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was well.... Not what i expected :) was more hastle doing the quest to enter the abyss than she was, even the keys/scales are a little simple with a stealther ;)

I see what you mean about hitting her, she only hit me like 3 times lol

Did get owned by my evil twin as i forgot to keep an eye on the lenses running out!

Next.. hehe?

Whats trav or parxy like?

Thunderz

S

Stupid Miner

That was well.... Not what i expected :) was more hastle doing the quest to enter the abyss than she was, even the keys/scales are a little simple with a stealther ;)

I see what you mean about hitting her, she only hit me like 3 times lol

Did get owned by my evil twin as i forgot to keep an eye on the lenses running out!

Next.. hehe?

Whats trav or parxy like?

Thunderz
Done neither of those... so can't comment, but i can back-up claims that you should keep away from Melisande. :)
Meli's hard due to she has an attack that lowers swing speed by... well a *lot* -60 SSI maybe?
and Necro spells are annoying, and the Peacing spawn is lame too.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah i tried her on my bard arecher with a fast wep, got the satayers on her and all dead but she was just to much to heal through and damage, even with 120 anat 100 healing.

Think im gona give trav ago tonight, think he should be easy to kill its just when the others spawn wether honor and wirlwind will be enough.

Medusa was a joke! Plus no good loot.
Does she drop anything other than the staff?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing you have to think about fighting Travesty is that with 120 parry and bushido, you will miss Travesty an awful lot. Since the Sampire depends on hitting to get leeches, that's a huge disadvantage.

The thing you have to think about fighting Paroxysmus is that he has a special attack that can hit for most of your life, so every once in a while you need to step back to heal up. But apart from having higher wrestling than Dread Horn, he isn't really much harder.

Further, if you go against the Monstrous Interred Grizzle, don't bother repairing anything before hand and bring a back-up weapon with the same mods as your primary. The acid attacks don't damage anything below 10 durability, but you could easily go through 10 points of durability on your weapon just by fighting it.

I wouldn't suggest going up against Mel, and I never managed to attempt the Shimmering Effusion.

Note: both the Travesty and MIG are easier (and likely quicker) to solo with a tamer, but they may be worth trying once as a Sampire just to say you've done 'em.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Farsight, think im gona check trav and proxy out. Didnt realise grizzle was ok to do, do you mean by the acid not damaging anything under 10 durability that non of your kit will actually "break and disapear" it will only go down to say 10/255 or 0/10?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Acid attacks (MIG, Interred Grizzle, Harbinger) damage your gear to somewhere between 6 and 9 (to my experience, it isn't documented AFAIK) then the damage just gives the message but doesn't damage your gear further. So it will go down to say 8/255 and won't do more damage than that, even though the damage message appears.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might give it a try, think the keys might be harder to get lol.
tried trav, yeah can hardly hit him!

Proxy next :)

C

Connor_Graham

I might give it a try, think the keys might be harder to get lol.
tried trav, yeah can hardly hit him!

Proxy next :)
There's a trick to Travesty, you just need to think about it for a while and you should be able to figure it out.

Hint- It's been mentioned here in the warrior forum what you need to do.

C

catfish

just thinking about this (and im too lazy to search)... can you equip a weapon you have zero proficiency in until trav morphs into you, then switch back?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iv serched but cant find anything anywere [unless im seraching for the wrong thing]

I was thinking to swap out parry for resists as he likes casting neco and keeping him disarmed, only problem will be when he spawns the rest of the room.

Or swap necro for healing.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just as you posted that i finally found this after 2 hours of searching :D

""also hold a shield in your hand. It makes u easier to hit but it also makes irk easier to hit when it has copied u. Same trick works for soloing travesty. Thats if u are running a sampire to solo.""

Going to try him tomorrow :)

C

Connor_Graham

I'd also suggest you use wraith form so he won't cast necro spells. Another trick is to use a Twinkling Scimitar so Travesty will use the whirlwind special. When he does, he kills his own double images.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So why is Shimmering Effusion so hard? Stats say he has 0 weapon skill.
I couldn't tell you why the SE would be hard. I've never attempted it.

I collected keys a few times, but somehow failed in key placement and have since given up on that sampire (I have others on other shards, but on Catskills, my focus is in team-play characters).

Maybe someday I'll actually fight it, but that day probably won't be soon.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd also suggest you use wraith form so he won't cast necro spells. Another trick is to use a Twinkling Scimitar so Travesty will use the whirlwind special. When he does, he kills his own double images.
Does this also mean drop anat for SS to use curse wepon?

So i use a sheild in wraith form, spamming curse wepon [with lots of regs]?

Will give him a try ofter work :)

Thunderz

C

Connor_Graham

Exactly. Curse wep to keep yourself healed, wraith form with only 40 Necro so he doesn't copy that skill, equip a shield so you can hit it, and use a Twinkling Scimitar so he'll kill his own mirror images. You'll also want to take him to a corner to work on him so you don't get targeted by the ninjas that spawn at the end. Honor yourself to chase him down at that point and drag him back to the corner.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly. Curse wep to keep yourself healed, wraith form with only 40 Necro so he doesn't copy that skill, equip a shield so you can hit it, and use a Twinkling Scimitar so he'll kill his own mirror images. You'll also want to take him to a corner to work on him so you don't get targeted by the ninjas that spawn at the end. Honor yourself to chase him down at that point and drag him back to the corner.
Thanks Connor
Was thinking the same about the honor and in a corner :)

Keying it now, i must have just got lucky yesterday when the keys dropped of the first kills, 10 down and no keys yet.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 60 skill points free now, is there any skill worth picking up/safe to use?

Seems a waste to roll in guns Blazing with 60 free skill points :)

EDIT** That was an intresting fight :) about 3 mins after he called his buddies i died lol, forgot i couldnt pot as holding a sheild. I was sooo close.

Take two...

Thunderz

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3rd time lucky :)
Made it hard for my self dying the first 2 times after she called the minions but managed to clear them with honour on before i started it.

Anyone have any pointers for putrifier? I managed to kill him once but he didnt have the key [was using anat] maybe swap it out for resists?

Thunderz

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only real problem with Putrefier (once the side-spawn is away) is it hits like a truck.

Just keep on your barded dragon and run to use spirit speak/confidence when appropriate.

It isn't really harder than a paragon balron.

A cold or energy demon slayer weapon helps a lot...
I typically "cheat" and use my tamer for keying Paroxy. I just don't like killing slimes with swords.

S

Stupid Miner

I typically "cheat" and use my tamer for keying Paroxy. I just don't like killing slimes with swords.
If you have a crafter you can easily craft some throw-away Radiant Scimitars with a DC runic. Add 44% hit area spell for really cheap too.

Is Putrefier worse than Rend?
Rend was tricky, just cause if he got an unlucky 3 hits in, you're dead.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shimmering Effusion doesn't have necro, just magery. Still a ****ing machine gun with spells and hits hard. I'd say near impossible to solo with a warrior without feint, and difficult even with it.

Also, Putrefier is sooooo easy with wraith form and curse weapon. Haven't tried yet with Lynk's vamp template, but I imagine it's pretty effective.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What set up is best for Proxy?
Shall i stick with anat, apposed to resists or SS? and use vamp form on swampy. An is there any specific tactics, like taking the adds out first or just worlwind :)

C

Connor_Graham

What set up is best for Proxy?
Shall i stick with anat, apposed to resists or SS? and use vamp form on swampy. An is there any specific tactics, like taking the adds out first or just worlwind :)
Use Fencing and a leafblade for the Feint special. Either that or a Daisho (??) for swords which has Feint also....I think....

A

A Wandering Soul

What kind of shield do you want? Is it even worth using a high end shield (w/15 HCI) or would that work against me?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to clear on the ins and outs but a shield on a sampire lowers your chance to parry. If i remember corectly you get 5% with a shield but something like 25% with bushido and no shield, plus an extra 5% for a 2 handed wepon.

Figures are something like that.

Thunderz

C

Connor_Graham

What kind of shield do you want? Is it even worth using a high end shield (w/15 HCI) or would that work against me?
Don't quote me on this as it's been quite a while, but I don't believe the mods of any of your gear get copied, just the items themselves.

A

A Wandering Soul

Don't quote me on this as it's been quite a while, but I don't believe the mods of any of your gear get copied, just the items themselves.
i hope not, I have a twink/shield combo with combined 34DCI/30 HCI. I got bested at travesty with that combo last night(5x). I will run thru the Twisted Weald and test with a dud shield. Will post results...

C

Connor_Graham

All you have to do is go in with your regular gear and double click Travesty after it copies you. It's paperdoll will pop up and you can cursor over it to look at the gear.

A

A Wandering Soul

I have not been back to Travesty, but I did check Irk. It seems he only copies the basic item with base properties (weap/shld/armor). I can't imagine that Trav is any different. If someone can find out otherwise, post it.

So feel free to use your uber shield when fighting Irk and changling types, and hopefully Travesty too.

Thanks Connor for the shield idea...

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a better way to check Travesty's copy ability.

You'll need a tamer to do it with at least 110 animal lore:
First enter Travesty, then assume an animal/polymorph form. Then you can use animal lore on Travesty to see what the effects are.

What you'll see is that none of Travesty's skills become less than what they were when she's in fairy form. Her resists all remain the same no matter what you're wearing.

Also, I have never seen a Travesty use hit lower attack or defense against me, so I'm assuming that only the character's skills are copied. The suit is only for the looks and the skills are in addition to Travesty's normal skills (my tamer has 0 wrestling and Travesty-Farsight has over 100 wrestling, as an example).

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
6? Really? I'd gouge my eyes out from the sheer boredom. lol

Anyway, could try Medusa, make sure you bring a lot of Gorgon lenses. Make sure you're not wearing a trinket while fighting her, she's repond. The keys are easy to get with a snake-charmer flute.

After that? Dunno, see which champ spawns you can solo? Semidar isn't bad in wraith form.

Have fun and tell us if you ever solo a Harbinger :)
Will the trinkets effects be negated? What if you used a repond slayer with trinket equipped?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got putrifer figured out finally, he's kinda easy with the right set up and proxy dropped a crimmon on the 3rd and 4th run :)

Grizzle next to try i think, i have trouble with getting ganked as soon as i walk through the cofin [have never run with resists].

Any tips for the grizzle keys?

Thanks

Thunderz

P.S Irk is easy with a 50% energy 50% cold radiant, in my normal gear with trinket and everything they go down in 5-8 hits. I find i actually stay alive better if i have them all on my and wirlwind [if in trouble down there run into the swamp and get the spiders to spawn on you, hit wirlwind and be back at full health/mana instantly] ;)

Thunderz

C

Chyna of Sonoma

DH is still whipping my behind. Do i need magic resist or what? Medusa i can solo without even moving or hitting a potion. i can do para balrons pretty easy and irk is even pretty easy now but dont last 20 seconds against DH.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm so slow in response...

Anyhow, Grizzle keys are absurdly easy for a sampire, just remember to wear your trinket and pull the bad guys out one or two at a time and you'll be fine. I typically key Grizzle on my non-vampire samurai and never have an issue until they're all spawned in the graveyard.

Pulling them out of the graveyard one by one is a difficult task sometimes.

For the grizzle himself, remember that you'll be swinging slowly for the entire duration of the fight and adapt your tactics accordingly.

Y

Yen Sid

Will the trinkets effects be negated? What if you used a repond slayer with trinket equipped?
Nope, You do dbl damage for using a repond slayer but also take dbl damage from reponds because of the trinket.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
DH is still whipping my behind. Do i need magic resist or what? Medusa i can solo without even moving or hitting a potion. i can do para balrons pretty easy and irk is even pretty easy now but dont last 20 seconds against DH.
Template?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well the template and the suit aren't the problem, at least. What do you think the problem is? Running out of stamina, mana? Not leeching enough? Need more info.