• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

♣[UO Herald] Cloak and Dagger Event schedules ♣

K

Katlene

From what i can understand it has something to do with the shadow lords faction.

T

Teeshy

Seems that way =)

I'm looking forward to it, I REALLY hope a lot of people turn up =)

K

Katlene

Okies so is 2pm for nsw act vic, 1 for qld, 12 for wa

i think..

Well i dont have any faction chars so i wouldnt be able to get in

T

Teeshy

*chuckles*

1:30pm for me ;)

And if you don't have a faction character, why not make one one? I think you have to temporarily leave any guild you're in? I'm not sure how it all works tbh

K

Katlene

The chars ive got that i wouldnt care about unguilding arnt able to do very much at all

See what i can do though. Cause be kinda nice to know wtf is going on!

T

Teeshy

Oh, mine can't do anything at all =) I don't really care, I just wanna see what goes on =D I don't think he has a single skill over about 60? =P

I see well in monochrome =P

F

Farscape

Okies so is 2pm for nsw act vic, 1 for qld, 12 for wa

i think..

Well i dont have any faction chars so i wouldnt be able to get in
WA drops daylight saving tonight so it would be 11am I think in WA

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes and as always, notice your SL killed any other SL who came along, typical.

But basically I am pissed off with whoever organised this total waste of everyone's time.

For those 'other' SL who did attend, perhaps you can enlighten the rest of us as to what happened to the EM's, last I saw em walking out the door and buggering off somewhere, never to be seen again. No idea if anything was 'given' out, no idea if they 'went' somewhere to 'finish' up. Basically another poorly thought out event with zero organisation for anyone trying to participate.

Didn't 'care' about dying, didn't 'care' about insurance, sheesh, I have millions I don't know what to do with. All I was interested in was the event and participating, but as always a total dogs breakfast of disorganisation, poor planning and a waste of 99% of peoples time. Absolutely NO idea on what happened after Trinsic, and those I spoke to there had no damn idea either. I went back to SL base 4 times to see if they went there but was zip there cept opk fielding the doors into it, which was lame, given there was noone in there lmao, but what else do you expect.

Anyways, every time I think I will start playing this again full time, I attend something like this to find that it doesn't matter what feedback they get they couldn't organise a chook raffle in a pub and really make me wonder if any of it is worth the bother.

T

Teeshy

Well! I was really surprised to *not* see people in Trinsic waiting to kill SL as soon as they appeared, though apparently there was a heap of them outside the SL base =) I was even prepared with spells to throw at them and all!

Was fun to watch, I died twice =P

Learned a new thing too (cos I *AM* after all a complete noob to fel) when you flag criminal (which was my first time doing that even =P) people can take your shi...stuff. Even if it's insured =P I seriously didn't know that! LOL! 100% LRC suit all gone =(

I *did* save the journal, so when I finish tidying it up, I can post what I saw of Melissa's speech =)

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sounds more like you got hit with an insurance bug to me. Being flagged crim doesn't negate insurance. Then again, given that there wasn't over many people there did you notice how much 'lag' there was, wouldn't surprise me if 'other' things were running too. Is not like you actually 'need' to wonder about the amount of 'cheats' used by some players, they even accidentally post em on the boards don't they?

T

Teeshy

For those 'other' SL who did attend, perhaps you can enlighten the rest of us as to what happened to the EM's, last I saw em walking out the door and buggering off somewhere, never to be seen again. No idea if anything was 'given' out, no idea if they 'went' somewhere to 'finish' up.
I was at the healers trying to get ressed - when I came back they had gone and the place was "blown up"

Went back to find my body (very slowly and sneakily, didn't want to get killed again before I got there =P) it dissappeared as I got there, actually then it moved, and I found it right after in another spot, and all the armour was gone.

DID find a piece of rubble though, (looks like one of the floor tiles from upstairs, those pale wood planks) so I'm *assuming* that when it all got blown up rubble was dropped?

NO idea what happened after Clainin was killed by Melissa.

*edits* The lag WAS really bad!

And, I just realised, it was my own stupid fault =( I was on a new character I am training to be a mage/thief, and cos he was new, I had stupidly forgotten to click auto renew insurance =(

Dammitall! I SO wish that was automatically chosen =/

*puts out a lost notice for a black leather suite with aegis of grace and bracelet and ring* =P

S

siyeng0

Well! I was really surprised to *not* see people in Trinsic waiting to kill SL as soon as they appeared, though apparently there was a heap of them outside the SL base =) I was even prepared with spells to throw at them and all!

Was fun to watch, I died twice =P

Learned a new thing too (cos I *AM* after all a complete noob to fel) when you flag criminal (which was my first time doing that even =P) people can take your shi...stuff. Even if it's insured =P I seriously didn't know that! LOL! 100% LRC suit all gone =(

I *did* save the journal, so when I finish tidying it up, I can post what I saw of Melissa's speech =)
Teeshy, I don't think I've ever told you how awesome your attitude is. It really is so refreshing. :D

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another couple of years to catch up to the rest of us should beat it out of her :fight:

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sounds more like you got hit with an insurance bug to me. Being flagged crim doesn't negate insurance. Then again, given that there wasn't over many people there did you notice how much 'lag' there was, wouldn't surprise me if 'other' things were running too. Is not like you actually 'need' to wonder about the amount of 'cheats' used by some players, they even accidentally post em on the boards don't they?
Moron, the insurance bug doesn't even exist, it is always a case of players stupidity. There wasn't any lag either it's just that there was so many spells and fire fields being casted by Clanin that your bad computer couldn't handle it.

Oh and if you had have actually read the text at the SL headquarters or listened to the messages being sent to shadow lords, you would have known what the event was about. Maybe if you stayed around when Clanin died, instead of running off, then you would have known what happened. Melissa destroyed the building to clear any evidence and people with half a clue picked up lots of rubble. Not to mention the top damagers got Clanin's spellbook.

Oh and why wouldn't we kill you when there were items to be had?

T

Teeshy

This is straight out of my journal, not prettified up much, sorry =)

Andrew: Beware the aura's and magicks present here! Keep ill will towards one another in check,should you destroy yourself
Andrew: There shall be no blood shed here
Andrew: *sneers*
Andrew: This place is a sanctuary
Andrew: Elsewhere... I cannot say
Andrew: *eyes the people gathered*
Andrew: Beware the aura's and magicks present here! Keep ill will towards one another in check, should you destroy yourself.
Andrew: *chuckles*
Andrew: There shall be no killing here lest ye destroy yourself

Melissa: *She grins at the crowd, singing as she enters*
Melissa: Chaos is lovely in Spring. Madness lovely in Fall
Melissa: Evil grows wonderfully in Summer. But Winter's chill suits them best of all.
Andrew: aaah
Melissa: Hello lovelies.
Melissa: *She purrs*
Melissa: And welcome to my lovely coup.
Andrew: *listens intently*
Melissa: I so adore balance don't you?
Melissa: *She offers the group a small pout*
Melissa: But it seems there are a few... obstacles.
Melissa: Well, one really.
Propheus: well my lady, you don't have much of a crowd tonight
Melissa: Still ye are all faithful.
Melissa: But don't worry lovelies; I still don't mind doing my own dirty work.
Andrew: *smirks*
Melissa: But I shall ask you to do a simple task for me...
Melissa: Take a dagger; I'm sure you understand how to swiftly dispense justice in your own fashion...
Melissa: But I find these a more... elegant approach.
Melissa: *Her nimble fingers trace along the tip of the blade*
Melissa: Life ceases where these strike.
Melissa: You will have to act quickly
Melissa: But I am certain your patience has already worn with this little detour.
Melissa: *A malicious sneer befalls her features*
Melissa: Taste the elegance of mayhem.
Melissa: We will be a thorn in Britannia's side.
Melissa: Savor the agony in the hearts of the masses as they watch their hopes purged...
Melissa: *She pauses, recovering her composure*
Melissa: Apologies my dark and noble friends, go now. Feast on the flesh that sheathes these blades.
Melissa: But save Clainin for me. I will follow along shortly...
Melissa: *She focuses intently, summoning her magic*

(some time later - *curses at Lady Scorn and shakes fist*)
You see: a corpse of Art

(some more time later)
Clainin: *Ul Flam*
You see: Clainin the Royal Thaumaturgist
Andrew: *grins*
Melissa: You are mine, old man!
Melissa: Now...
Melissa: Die!
Melissa: Die

(*curses at Snakes Fury and shakes fist* One day! When I get broadband... ;))
Art: Snakes Fury is attacking you!
You are dead.
You see: a corpse of Art
(/interlude)

Melissa: Die
Andrew: *cheers*
Andrew: Hoorah!
Melissa: *she cackles*
Andrew: Victorious!
Melissa: Gather around my minions!
Melissa: *She laughs!*
Melissa: *Her lips curl into a cruel smirk*
Melissa: Ah my pretties, what a fine job you have done.
Melissa: *She cackles cruelly, nudging Clainin's body with her foot*
Melissa: What a delectable affair!
Melissa: *Her dark eyes gleam with amusement from beneath the hood of her shroud*
Melissa: Well my sweet little thralls of the void,
Melissa: It would be exceedingly rude of us to leave without cleaning up after ourselves.
Melissa: We cannot leave our waste lying about.
Melissa: Besides, we don't want anybody coming in and tampering, now, do we?
Melissa: A meddler could completely undo all of our exquisite work...
Melissa: *a dark sneer graces her pallid features*
You see: Melissa the Servant of Nosfentor
Andrew: *runs and hides*
Melissa: Go, or you'll be joining this cretin in the ashes.

(that was when I ran to the healer, so I missed what happened next =))

T

Teeshy

*grins at Siyeng* Thanks! It's all fun (even while I am kicking myself for my own stupidity =P)

Oh and if you had have actually read the text at the SL headquarters or listened to the messages being sent to shadow lords, you would have known what the event was about.
I didn't see any other messages either. Did characters have to be a certain "age" or something to see them? I only joined SL yesterday. I know there was *supposed* to be other messages, I just didnt see them at all.

Melissa destroyed the building to clear any evidence and people with half a clue picked up lots of rubble. Not to mention the top damagers got Clanin's spellbook.
What sorts of rubble? And what was the spellbook like? Any screenshots please?

F

Fink

Teeshy, I don't think I've ever told you how awesome your attitude is. It really is so refreshing. :D
I absolutely second that.

Not many people would take the loss of even one item so well let alone an entire kit, nor publicly admit that it was their own fault after they realised it was a simple oversight. We need more Teeshy's and fewer whiners & complainers. Glad to hear you had fun, and if there's anything you need help replacing just let me know.

K

Katlene

aww poor teesh! Ill jump on later n see what i can rummage up for you. i have a bad habbit of stashing away items so there'd be some gear i can give you no doubt!

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spellbook:

Rubble (the black halberd and sashes also dropped off royal guards):

The rugs are actually a very deep blue its just that the jpeg messed it up.

S

siyeng0

Re: his spellbook-

80 luck?

He got hacked to pieces by Shadowlords, skewered by Melissa and then incinerated! Obviously the spellbook wasn't that lucky!

F

Fink

Nice rubble. Almost a full rug set there? Quick bugger. :D

Some pieces I liberated:

Nothing as thrilling as cards, but I like.

Did you rack up many more kills Pet?

T

Teeshy

Thanks very much Fink, and Katlene =) All is good though, it was just a LRC suit, I'll be able to make another I'm sure =)

NICE spellbook Pet! And nice set of rubble too! I know the colour of the rugs - that was a good score =D (those floorboards are like the ones I got too, I only got the one piece)

I didn't even think of looting the guards at all, things were all too hectic and laggy for me to really concentrate much on anything - plus then it was all grey anyway ;)

*edits* Ooh, you got some nice pieces too Fink! Well done =)

K

Katlene

Do the halbred & sash say anything?

Sash is nice!

So is the rubble. Makes me wish i hadnt gone to the in-laws!

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Almost a full rug set there? Quick bugger
From what dropped on Oceania, it is a full set. However it is still missing some pieces. Manticore got 1 other piece of rug but it was one that I already had.

Halberd and sash don't say anything. I'm not sure if the sash is BOD colour or not.

K

Katlene

Its hard to tell. i or im sure many others could make one out of the bod cloth for you to compare with.
From that pic, it does seem to be a bit darker.

K

Katlene

So sorry that i have a life outside of this game unlike others.
Cant lay the blame with me all the time im not the only reporter for this shard.

Given that its fel, and the attitude pvp-ers have towards me i wouldnt of been able to have done much of a story dead.
Ive tried to do fel based pieces before but tbh i just couldnt be bothered any more and you can thank the rons for that.

you guys are always so sour about it not being covered? whats to stop you from submitting a story? you were there, you are in SL you had full access to everything.

F

Farscape

So sorry that i have a life outside of this game unlike others.
Cant lay the blame with me all the time im not the only reporter for this shard.

Given that its fel, and the attitude pvp-ers have towards me i wouldnt of been able to have done much of a story dead.
Ive tried to do fel based pieces before but tbh i just couldnt be bothered any more and you can thank the rons for that.

you guys are always so sour about it not being covered? whats to stop you from submitting a story? you were there, you are in SL you had full access to everything.
Stop biting Kat let the babies make up their own stories you cannot babysit all the time besides who gives a ** about a fel event