• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

• The chance to discover a Niter Deposit is now doubled.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My first couple of attempts at this were frustrating. Today I'm doing better. I have boosted luck to 1500, I'm not mining pockets unless it's an ore I want. Unless I'm mistaken, if you don't hit niter the first swing of the pick, you're not going to get it from that pocket. so I'm only mining ores I actually want. Hit and move on if it's not.
Also, it doesn't always spawn where you can see it. I've learned to watch for the text and then use the object handles to target the niter in the wall.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless I'm mistaken, if you don't hit niter the first swing of the pick, you're not going to get it from that pocket. so I'm only mining ores I actually want. Hit and move on if it's not.
I'm using a suit with ~1300 luck and 105 mining. I don't have a statue. I've gone out once for more than a couple moments. That time I hit two deposits within 15 minutes and took away 256 saltpeter from them combined. Also, I may have missed it or accidentally changed targets, but the second niter deposit was found on the third swing of my pickaxe. I'd love for someone to correct me if my observation was wrong so instead of mining up copper veins I can move straight along.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been digging up niter deposits my 5+ swing, so no niter on the first swing doesn't mean you won't get any from the vein...

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My first couple of attempts at this were frustrating. Today I'm doing better. I have boosted luck to 1500, I'm not mining pockets unless it's an ore I want. Unless I'm mistaken, if you don't hit niter the first swing of the pick, you're not going to get it from that pocket. so I'm only mining ores I actually want. Hit and move on if it's not.
Also, it doesn't always spawn where you can see it. I've learned to watch for the text and then use the object handles to target the niter in the wall.
I have gotten niter after the first swing.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm, I stand corrected, thank you.
Total for my hour under the statue's influence was 1329 salt peter. Considering the best I'd done with 1200 luck and mining every pocket was 243 in the same timespan, I was not unhappy.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless I'm mistaken, if you don't hit niter the first swing of the pick
You are wrong, you can always get niter, sometimes I get 3-4 deposits per spot...