• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tyrath's PERVerted Pets FB Group

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The response to the pet training and folks seeking advise has been a little more than I expected. So I made a FB group to kind of centralize things. I only check stratics 1-3 times per day so there is some serious communication delays in the training and pet building. I almost always have my FB page open in the back ground for my RL Business and get instant alerts for the groups I manage and mod and the market and the farm page. Normally I would not mix UO and my FB stuff but in this case I feel it is the best way to communicate and discuss pet builds.

The FB Group is here Log into Facebook | Facebook for now I will leave it a public group until there are problems. I really don't have the time or interest to deal with modding another forum or FB group that is a online adult day care. ( And No I am not now or ever been a Stratics Mod :) )

I also do this pet training thing on Origin and will once per month be exporting trained pets to Atlantic, so the FB group will not be Siege Specific ;)

Anyway the FB group will be the best and fastest way to communicate with me and I will be putting quite a bit of pet information in the group over the coming weeks. I might devote a page or two of one of my websites to host perm info that is static and doesn't change much.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The response to the pet training and folks seeking advise has been a little more than I expected. So I made a FB group to kind of centralize things. I only check stratics 1-3 times per day so there is some serious communication delays in the training and pet building. I almost always have my FB page open in the back ground for my RL Business and get instant alerts for the groups I manage and mod and the market and the farm page. Normally I would not mix UO and my FB stuff but in this case I feel it is the best way to communicate and discuss pet builds.

The FB Group is here Log into Facebook | Facebook for now I will leave it a public group until there are problems. I really don't have the time or interest to deal with modding another forum or FB group that is a online adult day care. ( And No I am not now or ever been a Stratics Mod :) )

I also do this pet training thing on Origin and will once per month be exporting trained pets to Atlantic, so the FB group will not be Siege Specific ;)

Anyway the FB group will be the best and fastest way to communicate with me and I will be putting quite a bit of pet information in the group over the coming weeks. I might devote a page or two of one of my websites to host perm info that is static and doesn't change much.
Such a shame. Facebook is not utilized by so many. Well, thanks for the info you contributed before the FB!

MANSBETH

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A BIG Thank You to Tyrath!
A very talented and gracious member of the Siege community.
Stay tough Tyrath.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been using FB since it started and like anything else it has no more information than you allow it to have :) Been the best marketing tool I have ever seen or used for interaction with my RL Customers, the sheer amount of information shared on various groups is amazing and there is a group for every interest. So they track which websites you visit and target adds based on that, LOL if you had not noticed so does stratics ;)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something I want to touch on. I have friends in GIL and several other guilds, I am however NOT GIL or any other Guild Nor have I been other than briefly in SL and Doc Alz. Guild for a short time. I AM PERV and ZOOG I am 100% Independent and at this point have even ended all alliances with other guilds. There are people and guilds I will not knowingly sell anything to, if I believe someone or a guild is hurting the shard, I just won't help them in their mission. That being said I will sell to and support PvPrs and even PKs that enhance and benefit the shard IMO. Some of these unsavory types have made other Tyrath Characters and I have heard have ran some scams using the name. Goes back to catching them running resource scripts and calling them out on it. If you are dealing with me or my alts they will have either the ZOOG, PERV, Z00G, ZO0G or Z0OG Guild tag LOL Yes I made guilds to cover every scamable Variation that looks like ZOOG in Game. Most the time you will be dealing with one of my 4 most used toons Grand Zoogie, Tyrath, Tyreth or A Mongbat. Folks don't get scammed by these folks and if there is any doubt, send me a PM here to verify that you are really dealing with me ;) I really am that guy you could hand you most valuable item in game for safe keeping and I would hand it right back without even a thought about jacking it from you. LOL on the rare occasion I break my thief out, I even give the stuff back that I steal :)

Finally got a Pet Stall :) G-3 PERVerted Pets, No stock in it yet working on some drake, beetles, Najasaur, and Hiryus as I am training other folks pets up. Going to have 4 classes of pets in the Stall Full Trained and All points spent. Full Trained and last Round of points not spent, Basic trained with last round of points not spent, and totally green untrained.

All of these pets will have the standard 20HPR 30MR and 30 SR and 80/80/45/80/80 resist There will be some variance in that as some things have 90-100% resist and that throws that off a bit. 150 Stam 150 Dex 700 Str with a few exceptions on STR and DEX. For Spawn type pets I tend to put Goo or another AOE in COnjunction with Bushi/WhirlWind and AI. I buff the mana from 250-800 depending on the pet and its school of magic. And shoot for 650-850HP again depending on species and how many training slot it gets. IE A Dread Spider is going to have lower STR and HP but compensates with higher mana, necro. NEcro/Mage or Magery and the Spec ability Life Leech. Where as a wild tiger or Sabre Tooth for example are going to be lower mana High HP/high Str Straight up brawlers. I like to put Spell Weaving on Drakes, Chiv or SW on CUs, Bushi on Hiryus, Poisoning and Rune Corruption on fire and blue beetles. I try to get AI or Bladeweave on every pet except the spawn Hiryus the Goo and Whirlwind are what you want going off as often as possible. AI firing off on low mid level mobs is just pissing your mana away.

The Full trained all points spent WILL NOT BE SCROLLED they are just good durable get out and get to hunting pets. Their Skills of Wrestling, ANat, Tactics, and Parry will be GM (Higher if they come with it naturally) Resisiting Spells will be whatever it is, Although I may have found a way to train resisting spell up almost as fast as the spell binders on prodo. If that pans out and works I will train Resisting up to GM as well.

Full Trained Last round of Points not spent. These are solid pets that have been trained up to slot but the last round points not spent. These are for people that want to invest power scrolls into the pet. The only points I spend from the last 1501 are on Base Damage just because it is easy to forget and is one of the most important final upgrades. Simply scroll up and dump the rest of your points into HP or Buff the Mana up a bit and HP. These pets skill will also be trained up the same as the Full trained, the only difference is the last points are there for you to spend.

Basic Trained These pets have been taken through the slot training but no skill training

Green Untrained...... Are just that a base pet that has had ZERO training

Prices. And there are a few exceptions Ossein Rams, Phoenix, Shadow Wyrms, and Higher end GDs will cost 150,000 more than other pets due to either high risk locations and the difficulty getting the pet out alive or the expending of honor points and accumulation of death robes in obtaining the pets. Frosties and Dragon wolves will be priced per pet based on their attributes.

Full trained Points spent or not for most pets 500,000
Basic Trained Points spent or Not 250,000
Green Untrained 50,000

On occasion I get a rare color or super over capped tame. I have all of these in my personal stables that I want or need :) So going forward I will be putting these up for auction here or on the FB Group or both. Several of the folks that us FB won't use or are banned from stratics and obviously many of the stratics users won't use FB. When and it will be very random... I have a rare color or super pet up for AUction the bidding will Run from Sunday Afternoon at 5 PM Central USA time to the Following SUnday at 5PM Central USA Time. The winning bidder will have 24 hours to pay for and pick the pet up (5PM CST Monday) If not the pet will go to the next highest bidder and on down the bid list if need be.

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trained my Phoenix up to the first 100% level. Put resists and hit points on him. He went from a level 3 to a level 5, totally skipping level 4. Any ideas?

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK you said my blue lesser would be done tonight, I did not see you in game. I hope everything fine

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trained my Phoenix up to the first 100% level. Put resists and hit points on him. He went from a level 3 to a level 5, totally skipping level 4. Any ideas?
Two things seem to cause this. IF he was already high end when you added the HP it probably over weighted him for a 4 slot and put him right to 5. The second if you trained his skills up particularly if it was scrolled that seems overweight the pet causing it to lose a slot. I have had this happen to Rune Beetles (3) of them and even one Hiryu and a couple of Pre Pub CUs. It is Very frustrating :( The solution (Which does not help you now) is to not let more than one skill maybe two get over GM before 4-5 slot. It Seems in adding things something have a bigger influence on the pets power rating that determines how many slots it is. HP, STR, and Resist seem to be the big 3. since I started doing a bit of HP each advancement I have not had anything jump a slot. Some of the pets I have trained for folks that I hand over with 450-600 get some funny looks sometimes. But at that point all the pets need are the scrolls they want to put on them and everything else dumped into finishng the HP. I can't say thisas 100% fact but I can say I have not had a pet jump slots and lose a training round since changing the training order around a bit. This also seems to be a more common occurance with pre pub pets that were already fully trained.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK you said my blue lesser would be done tonight, I did not see you in game. I hope everything fine
Don't know how to break this to you but souless minions killed it :(

JUST KIDDING, I did too much this morning RL and was sick this afternoon and just got out of bed 15 minutes ago. After a cup of coffee or two I will finish him up he is at 25% of 4-5 slot now so won't take long.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK Everyones Pets I have for training are through basic training and most have been delivered. If I have not delivered your pet I will Tmrw or when next I see you on :)

I am going to take the next two weeks off from custom pet training :( I need to build up a considerably bigger reserve of fuse cords, this making 1000 at a time as needed ain't cutting it :) So I am going to take 2-3 of those days and mine the saltypeters and make 40k-50k fuse cords so I don't have to stop training so often to replenish the stock.

I also need to take some time to fill the stables with a good selection of various pets for the Magincia Pet stall. My plan atm is to have 10 Ossein Rams, 10 Tigers, 30 hiryus, 30 CUs, 30 Phoenix, 30 Rune Beetles, 30 of each Fire and Blue Beetles, 10 of each Drake, some iron beetles, Najasaurus, blood fox, nightmares, firesteeds and some other odds and ends in the stables trained up and ready to go in the stall, I have 294 stable slots so I should be able to keep a nice and diverse pet stock....... But gotta fill those slots first :)

Have a couple of decent pets I am going to stock tmrw. A fully trained metallic blue hiryu that was not suitable for scrolling but turned into a good GM Spawn Turkey with Goo and Bushi. A couple of WW despite starting as 4 slots they do pack some punch. A few battle beetles and a blue with gold wings hiryu that is suitable for scrolling and will be leaving enough points on him for the owner to scroll and add HP. I will put other pets on as I get them trained up out of the stables.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am so glad you've found something so enjoyable for you!

I cannot say thanks enough to @Mesanna and the team for this pet revamp - it really is a ton of fun!
What amazes me is how little whining and crying there has been about it. Usually after a big pub there are weeks of relentless bitchfest. It has a few issues like left over points that can't be spent, mana cost vs mana regen and some minor balance issues that if you pay close attention you can tell they are slowly tweaking in stealth mode :) Very VERY Impressive piece of work by a very small team indeed!

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never had a tamer. Not in 20 years. I had no interest in it and in fact found tamers to be the bane of my PvP and Stealing existence. However.. with the revamp, I've got a stable full of critters that I want to train. Unfortunately for them, I am really, REALLY bad at taming so their training is slow and very painful.. for them and myself. :/

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never had a tamer. Not in 20 years. I had no interest in it and in fact found tamers to be the bane of my PvP and Stealing existence. However.. with the revamp, I've got a stable full of critters that I want to train. Unfortunately for them, I am really, REALLY bad at taming so their training is slow and very painful.. for them and myself. :/
It is time consuming even using my methods on a good day I can train 25-30 from 3 slot to 5 and 10-15 from 1-2 slot to 5 slot. My favorite template has always been a necro tamer Now you take a hiryu dropping Goo in the middle of mobs and his whirl winds and me spamming Wither standing in the middle of the hiryu with SDI stacked is rather impressive amounts of mass damage, Clears a room of Mobs fast :) But is worthless in PvP.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Several folks have asked what pet I use to hunt with. For general use I pretty much run a 5 slot blue beetle they can handle pretty much everything I do and can take most guardians on LvL 6 T maps. And still serve as a pack animal to haul the phat loots home :) For the tougher stuff it is either a Hiryu or a Reptalon once a good one is trained up and scrolled out there is very little either of them can't handle but the Hiryu With 120 bushi and Parry is my first choice unless the elemental damage from the Reptalon is more effective. If you want a really impressive pet for finishing big critter 120 a Reptalon out and put 120 spell weaving on it. I know a lot of folks are big CU fans, I am not personally I think they are over rated and still best suited for bank sitting on a black, white or Blaze colored one. Although they are useful in tanking and being the meat shield for better pets with their healing. But from what I see nothing is going to beat a Bushi, Whirlwind, Goo poopin Hiryu in sheer DPS other than maybe a Tsuki Wolf. The wolf has the tanking ability of the CU with its life leech and whether you go necro or Bushi parry with them they deliver huge amounts of damage fast. S

So my personal pets in how much I use them are Blue Beetle, Hiryu, Reptalon and Tsuki Wolf. What puts the Hiryu and reptalon above the Tsuki is they are rideable. I do pull other pets out for fun or specific hunts. The New Drakes Rule on the Roof, A Najasaurus dominates Ole Night Eyes. The Phoenix is fast and a bit over powered and I believe I saw somewhere Mesanna saying they were going to get a nerf, but for now they are probably the most useful in PvP, Wild Tiger and Sabre tooths are just straight up brawlers and fun to hunt with. Fire Beetles are brutal against anything weak against fire damage and more useful than the other 100% fire damage pets as you can ride them. The Ossein Rams are fun but building a good one that can hold up is hard. Frost Mites are good for specific things as well and the cold wind hurts. I have a couple frost dragons now and they are most likely going to be right there with the GDs and Shadow Wyrms just taking up stable slots, just because. Heck I had a blast taking my Bull around last night seeing just how big of stuff he could take on. But in the end it always comes back to Toilet Seat (My Blue Beetle) and Metallic Warbird my not even best Hiryu. Funny how we won't abandon pets we have been using for years even if they are not top in their class :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Several folks have asked about Reptalons in PM both here and FB and whether they are a viable high end hunting pet. Here is one of my first pets trained up after pub97 hit Origin. I made a few mistakes with him like forgetting to do the last base damage upgrade and add armor Ignore. So adding those would have dropped him to around 800HP. Even with the mistakes he is a very good pet, just not a Great Pet :) I have a huge backlog of skill training all the pets I basic trained on Origin. Here is the kicker to building a top reptalon you either want to find the crappiest 1 in 20,000 2 slot one you can or the absolute best one that spawns as a 3 slot. This one started out life as a top of the line model so I had a lot of saved points on Resist, Str and HP. Your average post tame reptalon is not going to look anything like this when finished. I have two others I trained up after this that look very much like this one except instead of Chiv they have Spell Weaving, and I remembered to put Armor Ignore and the last Base Damage. Unlike most pets you can't take a Turd Reptalon and Pound it into a Gold Bar. A crap reptalon even after training and scrolling is still going to be a crap reptalon :)

Rep1.png Rep2.png Rep3.png Rep4.png Rep5.png Rep6.png Rep7.png