• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pets with poison skill and resistance

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so question.
on your character if you have the poison skill the higher you get in skill the more 'natural resistance' you have to being poisoned.

so are our pets the same?

my pets with poison are slowly climbing up the ranks but i have yet to see any of them 'shrug off' a poison from a monster - other than the ones that would have 100% poison resistance.

anyone GM poisoning on a pet yet and have seen their pets shrug off the nox?

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so question.
on your character if you have the poison skill the higher you get in skill the more 'natural resistance' you have to being poisoned.

so are our pets the same?

my pets with poison are slowly climbing up the ranks but i have yet to see any of them 'shrug off' a poison from a monster - other than the ones that would have 100% poison resistance.

anyone GM poisoning on a pet yet and have seen their pets shrug off the nox?
Dimetrosaur can meet your request.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i have one of those, suppose i could go and poison him see what it does.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I put poisoning on a hiryu and wanted venomous bite but that doesnt appear to be able to be put on unless i have to wait til the poisoning skill is up more than 20 before it gives me the option?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I put poisoning on a hiryu and wanted venomous bite but that doesnt appear to be able to be put on unless i have to wait til the poisoning skill is up more than 20 before it gives me the option?
on the pets that ive added it too as soon as i added poisoning the venomous bite was available to add on, so im guessing your pet cant have it.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They spawn with a special move and a special ability, so you should only get 1 more choice.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
not all animals can have access to all skills.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so i finally got to test this.
so ya, poison on pets is strange.

so i had my Cu out, he has 100 Poison done on him and i also took out my Naj, who also has 100 Poison on him.
i ran my Cu through a GM mage's Nox fields, he got lethal'd and healed it, then a couple times he would again instantly stop the poison, so i would say that yes they do get the natural resistance that comes with having poison skill.

that said, sometimes i had to wait the full 7 seconds for him to heal himself, so sometimes the natural resistance didnt do squat.

but here is the interesting thing.
i put both pets who have GM poison against 2 characters, 1 Nox Mage and 1 Sampire.
both those characters should have natural resistance to being poisoned by the pets.
but they didnt.
the mage got HAMMERED by the pets even though he was GM poisoning himself.
and the sampire only got hammered by the Naj, the Cu didnt get a poison off on him.
it was very very strange.

only difference being the Cu has Venomous Breath special and the Naj has Poison Breath.
so the Poison itself will not go through to a sampire nor will the Ven Breath but the POISON Breath will.

very interesting.

Poison Breath Trumps Venomous Breath.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What I don't get and I still don't understand is my character can have 16 MR, GM Focus and GM Med... and never runs out of mana... My pet has 30 MR and the same skills and is out of mana in a matter of seconds from 3x the mana my character has...

Also .... My ABC Archer uses healing and heals in roughly 4 seconds with his dex... Pet has just as much dex and such.... takes him 12 or more seconds to bandage... shouldn't the pet get the same bandaging advantages with healing that we do???