• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Why Fel T-maps?

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heya,

I am almost done with my T-hunter, only the last 20.0 on provo and disco (sighs), and i am starting to stock up on T-maps etc... but i have a few questions:

- Why does everyone only want Fel T-maps? The price difference is huge.
As i understand it, Fel gives you additional luck ( But not over Cap? or? ) I am getting a max luck suit.
I also know you get SoT's in fel t-maps - but that doesnt justify the insane price difference of maps(?)

Am i missing something?

I have been away from UO For a good couple of years, and never really done T-maps earlier, so i must be missing something :)

Appreciate the help!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are in high demand for the 1000 luck bonus they (allegedly) offer.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are in high demand for the 1000 luck bonus they (allegedly) offer.
So i´ve heard, but i´ve also been told that it doesnt go beyond cap, so i fail to see the usefulness and price increase...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So i´ve heard, but i´ve also been told that it doesnt go beyond cap, so i fail to see the usefulness and price increase...
I never heard about the beyond cap thing. Is this actual fact or just was somebody has said? I don't think there is even a cap on luck is there?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I treasure hunt as my main, but I'm considering selling my Felucca maps just because the prices are insane.

There is the 1000 luck Felucca bonus that applies to treasure hunting, so I get Legendaries more often on Fel hunts.

There supposedly was a meet-n-greet on Drachenfels in 2015 that implied all the luck bonuses were not always applied in all situations, but it's never been clarified as far as I know, nor do I know if and so-called "cap" applies to either Felucca or to treasure hunting.

Sent from mTalk

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I treasure hunt as my main, but I'm considering selling my Felucca maps just because the prices are insane.

There is the 1000 luck Felucca bonus that applies to treasure hunting, so I get Legendaries more often on Fel hunts.

There supposedly was a meet-n-greet on Drachenfels in 2015 that implied all the luck bonuses were not always applied in all situations, but it's never been clarified as far as I know, nor do I know if and so-called "cap" applies to either Felucca or to treasure hunting.

Sent from mTalk
Thank you so much for the replies guys.

So you notice a difference in the drops, from Fel and non fel even when using a luck suit?
But you still consider Selling lvl7s off because of the price currently, meaning you dont feel that its Worth doing them ( or you would just do them ) ..

Got me some stuff to ponder about, Thank you again!

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Well, I t-hunt to find stuff both to use (mostly PvM) and to sell.

If I was on a quest to collect Legendaries, I'd probably be buying Fel t-maps. But as a hunter, I think id make more gold selling Fel L6 map for 1m plus than id make on average from the loot inside the chest.

I haven't actually sold any yet, just considering it.

Sent from mTalk