• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stratics Virus Warning

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Avast keeps giving me a blocked VBS:Malware-gen warning. Looks like rather serious malware. Someone might want to look into that.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would assume some of the commercials are containing maybe a Virus.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Without know know ads are causing it, it's pretty difficult to track down. Is there any info from your Anti-virus you can pass on?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Haven't located a log file in Avast. I would think there would be one. Also not saying Avast isn't being overly aggressive :) This was the last pop up it gave me. Hope it helps.

virus.jpg

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm trying lol Certainly not an expert :)

* Started on: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 3:55:07 AM

2/22/2017 3:57:13 AM https://ssp.streamrail.net/ssp/vpai...b974?cb=306.53528472775946.1487753832377&pos={ad_position}&width=300&height=250&video_duration=30&video_description={video_description}&video_url={video_url}&video_id={video_id} [L] VBS:Malware-gen (0)
2/22/2017 4:22:15 AM https://client-deploy.swpcld.com/images/spx_two_tone_arrow.499918eaf4b1c17b52e12f0cb462449c.png [L] VBS:Malware-gen (0)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the help, also I'd recommend you do a scan of your PC to make sure nothing nasty has gotten on there that might be adding the virus to the end of these links

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Avast keeps giving me a blocked VBS:Malware-gen warning. Looks like rather serious malware. Someone might want to look into that.
Never run without an ad-blocker. Subscribe to sites, donate to them, pay, do whatever you feel like, but never turn off the ad-blocker. For your own safety.