• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A sister's duty

Caine Family

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Mason! Pay attention!

With a frustrated sigh, Melody Caine swiped at her brother with her bow. Giving a small yelp, Mason quickly jumped out of the way.

“I’m trying!” he responded to his sister. “The spells are difficult, it’s hard to concentrate when I’m being pressured.”

Knocking an arrow into her bow, she took aim at the Ogre threatening her brother, and felled him with one shot. Shaking her head, she glared at him.

Seeing his reaction, she softened her gaze. “Look…let’s just start over. Father doesn’t need to know what happened.” She said with a genuine smile at Mason.

He beamed at her. “I’ll try harder.”

She did love her brother, even though it was sometimes hard to show it. He just frustrated her so much! He was so totally different from her and Thea. He lacked the strength she and her sister had, which was difficult for their father to understand.

Technically Mason was the eldest, by about an hour. Although he was the one that rushed out of the womb first, she was the one that got all the strength. Perhaps if she had been first, things might have been different.

She had been tasked by their father to help Mason train, and that’s exactly what she would do. She hated seeing the looks their father gave him. Father considered Mason less of a man because he chose to be a mage rather than an archer like him and his father before him. Melody believed whatever made Mason happy was fine with her, but she wished he would be more diligent in learning. She had no idea about magic, but training was training, all worked about the same, just the mechanics were different. By the time they went back home, Mason would be an accomplished mage! She would bet her life on that.