• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer mage teamplate

SoBenny

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi guys , im comeback after inactive , pls advices for tamer mage teamplate working now , ah for pvp ofcorse.
Have banedragon ,cu,reptalon, can buy dwhorse.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Mage/Eval/Taming/Lore/Vet is enough.
If you are going to use Taming Mastery then you need 120 Taming and Lore, otherwise 105 Taming and 115 Lore is enough.
Depending on your other skills 80-100 Vet can be enough.

For mana you can add Meditation or SS (Wraith Form) or even Mystic/Focus (in the last case you probably needn't Eval).

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My mage tamer is the following:

120 Animal Taming
120 Animal Lore
90 Veterinary
120 Spellweaving
100 Magery (120 with ring)
100 Evaluate Intelligence (120 with book and talisman)
70 Meditation (80 with book)

I use level 3 Taming Mastery and use GD as a tank. I can do just about all PVM content in the game with this template. SW for some extra healing, spell damage and Word of Death. Lots of mana regen on suit, plus 70 med, plus 20 focus from Crystalline ring... means I can run the Consume Damage mastery AND still cast somewhat regularly. In the event I run low on mana, I stop the mastery briefly and meditate.

One of the most powerful templates in the game if you have a good dragon and know how to use it. Good luck!

Herp!

Journeyman
My mage tamer is similar to Merlins... but I don't use any +skill because I am too lazy to make a set..

120 Animal Taming
120 Animal Lore
120 Veterinary
120 Spellweaving
120 Magery
120 Evaluate Intelligence

I am human so I run wraith form for 8% HMD with 0 necro/ss to get my mana back :) Just swap to jewelry/tali for necro to easily get in to wraith & then swap back to my reg gear. I run SW Mastery 3 because I can hardly ever get enough people together to actually get a l6 focus without the mastery, wish I could run taming mastery for Empowerment(if I have my prov mastery friend with me), Consume Damage is great for solo or when you don't have prov mastery songs.

For PvP, isn't 5x Frenzied Ostard still pretty OP cuz of the pack bonus? 99% control chance at 85 taming/lore on Frenzied ostards. Would allow you to build a little differently & I imagine that vetting is pretty worthless in pvp aside from rezzing the pets when they eventually die. Maybe something like this:

85 Animal Taming
85 Animal Lore
120 Spellweaving
120 Magery
120 Evaluate Intelligence
100 Poisoning
90 something... Parry or Med?

I just came up with that off the top of my head, maybe the good ol' pvp folks will come in with a better build, but it seems pretty versatile to me. Could just run poisoning mastery, SW mastery(not a good option unless you NEED the mana shields/l6 focus with 2 people), or magery mastery.

Just a thought, pack bonuses are ridiculous.