• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why does Fel look dead?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So are you trying to propose that SP be the ONLY Fel in UO and all other shards would be Tram only rules? May I ask if you are trying to get EA to close UO if this is true.

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So are you trying to propose that SP be the ONLY Fel in UO and all other shards would be Tram only rules? May I ask if you are trying to get EA to close UO if this is true.
No, I think he is saying back when they split fel and tram ,they made fel actually look dead, not lush and green. I agree since all of SP is without safety they could make our fel at least look pretty, all green and lush etc.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Isn't there some setting in your computer that can show the leaves or is that only for Xmas trees?
They explained when they split tram and fel. That they now wanted fel. To look this way so that you could instantly tell where you were, for safety. At that time they also made SP look this way. There is a setting in tram shards that let's you toggle the foliage on and off, but no way to reverse the fel. Dead look. I think that since we are on the SP shard and know that there is no tram. They could at least give us back the pretty tram. Looking world lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If you are using CC, this 2 lines in uo.cfg effect how Felucca look, just changes them and it looks like Trammel

Desolation=[On/Off]* Gives the bare trees, tombstones etc landscape in Felucca
TreeCanopies=[On/Off]* Shows trees in Felucca with or without leaves/foliage

More about the uo.cfg file here: UO.cfg - Old Stratics

Hunter Perilous

Journeyman
If you are using CC, this 2 lines in uo.cfg effect how Felucca look, just changes them and it looks like Trammel

Very cool, I'll look into this!
Thanks!

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Does it get rid of the gravestones?

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Having the desolation off you get rid of the grave stones and the sticks your always tripping over. You have all the pretty flowers and leafy trees. Your Christmas trees can look like the classic ones in tram. If you go back to the prodo shards it will be changed there also in fel.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
There are 2 places to find the file, in the folder where UO us installed and in the EA Games folder in documents, then look under your char.

If you only changes it in the folder, where the game is installed, it may only work for new chars

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just tried again, and I only have one folder, my EA folder is the enhanced client only. My other folder is a 9th anny folder, I go directly to the folder for me..and the settings were already set from last time. Desolution off, tree canopies on...and I still see much desolation and no leaves.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't get it to work either. I can get the WIN 10 to let me save the changes by running Notepad has admin, closing it all and going back in confirms both are still changed. I start the game and have the desolation as normal. Going in and checking UO.cfg now shows the old settings, the confirmed pre-client run changes are gone. Running the client is undoing the changes.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The other folder is where all your chars macroes are. the Desktop folder with all the shards you have played on, then choose Siege Perilous, your account name, your char name and find uo.cfg there.
Each char do have their own copy, where it registrate changes you make in options ingame.

But I do believe the ones Doc point to is the most important to changes as it may overwrite changes for the char

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The other folder is where all your chars macroes are. the Desktop folder with all the shards you have played on, then choose Siege Perilous, your account name, your char name and find uo.cfg there.
Each char do have their own copy, where it registrate changes you make in options ingame.

But I do believe the ones Doc point to is the most important to changes as it may overwrite changes for the char
Changed them in Tanivar's character file and still got desolation. Changes in his file were still there after trying the client. With Tanivar's, Landreu's, and the client's UO.cfg files all showing Canopy on, Desolation off, Siege fel now looks like prodo Tram. :party:

Untitlhnjed.jpg

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Garth, check here:

And then the uo.cfg and then this...

Have a great day
Im running Win10 and the only folder in my Program Files/EA is Enhanced Client, my classic client is in a 9th Anniversary folder and I made the changes there, they didn't take.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll try again then, but I've done it several times and I never notice any change at all.
I'm not at home to check but I swear I saw a setting in the EC client that lets you turn foliage on and off. I may also be a Pinco's setting as I run that also. I haven't tried it though, so not sure if it works.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enlarging everything 25% in Win10 and setting UO to 1024x768 deals with the difficulty reading text in the game, just lose the space below the game window for icons. Going to have to putter around with screen and app screen settings and see what happens. :)

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sorely disappointed in all our shard's PKs, the members of Vice, and all other "dark" citizens.
Not ONE of you has stepped forward so far to answer the original question.
Surely, for at least one of you out there, the answer is "It was me. I did it."

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a setting in options or graphics. Show foliage, or something like that. But you really want to leave it. The foliage helps hide people who may be up to no good.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
In EC, the canopy setting removes the sails from boats and the leaves from trees on facets that have them. But having it ON does not add leaves to Fel trees :(

I personally do not like the body parts, organs, dead trees, and gravestones all over Fel. Ilshenar, Malas, Tur Mer, Tokuno do not suffer this blight. Yes, Fel was designed to look different than Tram, but on Siege it is just not needed. Siege has PvP, but I do not think of it as a PvP shard. There is so much more here than just PvP. I would vote to breathe life into Fel's trees.

Perhaps we could, as a shard, petition our King at the council meeting to beseech the Gods on our behalf. Mesanna is willing to make very big changes for Siege if enough ask for it.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ughh.

client modding. Fel was meant to look different.
Siege isn't fel technically. The armageddon spell caused the facet split, and it was never cast on Siege. So, thematically siege should look like Britannia looked originally. :p