• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MORNIN

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Good morning. Err... good afternoon.

Wine (or whine) is fine... *hic* o.0

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today is International Aubergine Day.

Also from today we get to experience the plot of an alternate-history novel.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Good afternoon!

Eggplant casserole :pancakes:

Eggplant parmeson :pancakes:

Fried Eggplant :pancakes:

Having something planted in the garden that makes people ask "what is that purple thang?"
I once had someone ask me what kind of tomato plant is that?? .... it was my eggplant
:stir:

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Florida only has 3 seasons, Spring, Summer, & Fall. I think we enter spring in February! :p
Here in Quebec, we have 4. Spring and fall both last 2 weeks, summer lasts a month, then we have winter.

Lasts 10 months, 3 phases :
- pre-winter : no leaves anymore, freezes like hell, all is brown and dirty, no snow
- winter per-say : 2 inches a day, so to make sure the road is never dry, costs a fortune in windshield washer liquid, and plowing is the daily exercise unless you have a car shelter. We usually get a 2 weeks of artic temperatures in january, plus a couple serious storms. Not for sissies.
- post-winter : the snow takes over a month to melt despite the sun and heat, leaving a brown icy crust on the side of the streets that never seems to go away. Every biker itches to get their machine out, but we have to wait until they're done cleaning the roads of the stone dust used during winter with deicing salt.

Oh, and we usually get a couple episodes of icing rain too ! Gotta love this place lol

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Here in Quebec, we have 4. Spring and fall both last 2 weeks, summer lasts a month, then we have winter.

- pre-winter : no leaves anymore, freezes like hell, all is brown and dirty, no snow
- winter per-say : 2 inches a day, so to make sure the road is never dry, costs a fortune in windshield washer liquid, and plowing is the daily exercise unless you have a car shelter. We usually get a 2 weeks of artic temperatures in january, plus a couple serious storms. Not for sissies.
- post-winter : the snow takes over a month to melt despite the sun and heat, leaving a brown icy crust on the side of the streets that never seems to go away. Every biker itches to get their machine out, but we have to wait until they're done cleaning the roads of the stone dust used during winter with deicing salt.

Oh, and we usually get a couple episodes of icing rain too ! Gotta love this place lol
Here is the Florida seasons explained, make sure to take notes. We have Spring which is February - March which has weather running between 50 - 90 degrees so it is really summer with a few days of spring here and there. Then we have Summer which is April - November which is 70 - 100 degrees which is really just OMFG it is hot and humid with a few days here and there of OMFG it's humid. Finally we have Fall from December - January with OMFG it should not be hot and humid (80 - 90 degrees) this time of year with swimming on Christmas and New Years and few days of 50 - 70 degrees of wonderful weather.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

Sounds almost like Montana. Spring and Fall were the shortest seasons and we had a saying: "If you blink you'll miss it." Summer was short and felt more like spring (we never needed air conditioning when I lived there). Winter, in my opinion, was brutal.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Here is the Florida seasons explained, make sure to take notes. We have Spring which is February - March which has weather running between 50 - 90 degrees so it is really summer with a few days of spring here and there. Then we have Summer which is April - November which is 70 - 100 degrees which is really just OMFG it is hot and humid with a few days here and there of OMFG it's humid. Finally we have Fall from December - January with OMFG it should not be hot and humid (80 - 90 degrees) this time of year with swimming on Christmas and New Years and few days of 50 - 70 degrees of wonderful weather.
I love it! :danceb::hula:

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning !...

Okay, okay, I'm late damnit, its the fault of this darn snow.. what ? Oh, the snow has melted ? Ah, right.. well, yeah, I had to wait for it to melt.. *coughs*

NANOC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Retirement is hard sometimes.
Thank goodness we have weekends off!!!
Good Morning Everyone.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Good morning. Spring will soon be here, and it's already gardening time in Florida. My cherry tomato plant is flowering, morning glory seeds are poking through the soil, and I'm starting the Chinese red noodle beans and Malabar spinach seeds today. :)

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning !

Thank God its friday ! Its such a ****ty day so far. Still a few hours before I can twist that beer..