• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Couple questions about BODs i couldnt search for!

EliteEmpire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok, so I am setting up a pretty awesome BOD thing, and have some general questions. Id really appreciate it!

1. What is the minimum skill to get the best BOD's? I heard some say 80, some said GM, and i personally thought it was 120 if the skill went to 120. I am specializing in all eight BOD professions so if anyone could help me with that number, id be most appreciative.

2. Inscription BODS - Do i have to have magery or necromancy to get the bods? Like there are necromancy BODS, would i have to have necromancy for the bods to show up? or do they show up regardless of the characters skill

3. Is there any way to collect bods faster or craft better via macros or enhanced client? Picking up 480 bods a day manually is killing my hands lol. What tricks do you use to save time?

4. What are some setups you have incorporated in your BOD gathering? I think mine is pretty solid, but am open to new ways of doing things if its better, of course.

Me personally -

3 accounts, one master crafter, the rest (20 characters total) are suited with 100 lrc and runebooks and have .1 all crafting skills. I am planning on training them with 7x GM skills because getting 480 crap bods a day sucks, you have to craft barrel lids and daggers for 3 hours daily. I was HOPING that 100 skill would be sufficient for top BODs so id only have to do craps on a single profession

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
#1 after 70 skill you can get high end BODs, that does not mean you will get them, just that you are eligible to receive them. The dreaded RNG decides.
#2 just inscription and the dreaded RNG
#3 Not that I know of unless you want to use illegal programs.
#4 I usually do Luna but I am moving everybody over to Brit and mapped out a run to get all BODs without recalling.

8 skills x 3 x 21 = 504 BODs Which skill did you omit

EliteEmpire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
#1 after 70 skill you can get high end BODs, that does not mean you will get them, just that you are eligible to receive them. The dreaded RNG decides.
#2 just inscription and the dreaded RNG
#3 Not that I know of unless you want to use illegal programs.
#4 I usually do Luna but I am moving everybody over to Brit and mapped out a run to get all BODs without recalling.

8 skills x 3 x 21 = 504 BODs Which skill did you omit

Is it really 70? So theres no difference between 70 and gm?

Im collecting with 20 characters, the first one is the main crafter with all the skills GMed for cycling

If it really is 70 i can probably fit all eight on each one!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it really 70? So theres no difference between 70 and gm?

Im collecting with 20 characters, the first one is the main crafter with all the skills GMed for cycling

If it really is 70 i can probably fit all eight on each one!
70-120 skill is all up to the RNG. They say it is suppose to make a difference but the RNG is the biggest fickle thing there is.

EliteEmpire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
70-120 skill is all up to the RNG. They say it is suppose to make a difference but the RNG is the biggest fickle thing there is.
Ahh ok, im looking to consistantly be able to get the better bods, so youre saying at 70.1 everything "unlocks" and its just random? If so, 70.1 would be what i need? Or should i go higher, like 80, 90, or gm? Im not just looking to open the pool, im looking for the better chance at them too.

What do you bod junkies do?! In your ideal character setup, what would your characters have if they wanted to do all eight professions for bod gathering?

EliteEmpire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Kind of at wits end here, I am reading online and trying to figure it out, but i keep bumping into information for non prodo and its all different.

Is there any information that is official and for offical broadsword servers i can be referred to as to what skill level would be required to get large bods and open the pool for consistant chance at the better bods?

Im HOPING its in the 70-80 range so i can easily train 20 characters with it, but I would rather know the truth! haha

EliteEmpire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok, so in game i was told 70.0 unlocks everything, with no change after 70.0.

Ill check back on here and give some time for more people to weigh in!

MANY thanks for the help, I just dont want to have to buy 28 mythic tokens if i dont have to! training 20 characters to 70.1 in eight profesions isnt so bad, better than spending 700 dollars for tokens!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 4 120 Smith/Tailor with 100 tink. I have 1 100 carp, scribe, cook, fletch, alch. All other chars have 0.01 to collect BODs. I fill all BODs and turn them in with my highest rated char in that skill set. At one time I ran 10 BOD accounts and collected Smith/Tailor BODs with them all. At present with 3 accounts and 77 Vendors + chests full I will be doing BODs until UO closes.
Bulk Orders – Ultima Online
Category:Skills - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
Skill Guides - Old Stratics
Ultima Online (UO) Professions | Stratics
Craftsman's Data Chest
UO Stratics - Alchemy
UO Stratics - Blacksmithy
UO Stratics - Carpentry
UO Stratics - Inscription
UO Stratics - Tailoring
UO Stratics - Tinkering
Bowyer Essay - Old Stratics

EliteEmpire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
nevermind, just tested it with alchemy at 70.1 and got a large

2 actually! and one is a high end one, i think 70.1 is correct! For alchemy at least lol

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Blacksmith Essay - Old Stratics
2. How do I get a BOD and how often can I get them? In order to get a BOD just sell any item that the NPC Blacksmith will buy or select “Bulk Order Info” from the context-sensitive menu when clicking on an NPC Blacksmith. The deed you get at and after 70.0 Real Skill is completely random, though GM smith’s have a slightly higher chance of getting an Exceptional Deed, and being an Elder or Legendary (110 or 120) Smith reduces the number of Iron Armour deeds one gets (too bad it does nothing to reduce the number of weapons deeds).

Under normal circumstances, you may receive a BOD only once during a given time period depending on your skill level (based on real skill):

• 0.1-50.0: every one hour (Normal Iron Small armor/weapon BOD only)
  • 50.1-69.9: every two hours (Normal Iron Small armor/weapon BOD only)
  • 70.0-109.9: every six hours (Exceptional/Normal Colored/Iron Large/Small). At this skill level, 50% will be Weapons, 25% will be Iron Armor, 25% will be Colored Armor. Starting at 100.0 Skill, 60% of the BODs will be exceptional, 40% will be normal (was even chances of either below 100)
  • 110.0-119.9: every six hours (Exceptional/Normal Colored/Iron Large/Small). At this skill level, 50% will be Weapons, 15% will be Iron Armor, 35% will be Colored Armor
  • 120.0: every six hours (Exceptional/Normal Colored/Iron Large/Small). At this skill level, 50% will be Weapons, 5% will be Iron Armor, 45% will be Colored Armor
This timer is per character, and with the addition of BODs for other tradeskills should be noted that a different timer applies to each BOD system. In other words, if a character accepts a Blacksmithing BOD, he must wait the appropriate amount of time before he is eligible to receive another Blacksmithing BOD but is eligible to receive a BOD for another skill such as Tailoring. One may check in-game approximately how long a specific character will have to wait by selecting “Bulk Order Info” on an NPC Blacksmith’s context-sensitive menu.

EliteEmpire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for that! I think I will go with just 70 on each one per profession, the chances are lower but due to the amount i am pulling in each day (over 450 a day) it shouldn't be THAT big of a deal! Many thanks!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It also depends a bit on what original (smith or tailor) system the new BOD systems are modified from.

There has always appeared to be something ONLY in the Tailor system (prior to the new 6 types) that seems to steer BOD pulls (especially if the pull is a cloth BOD) toward something that is "Easy, but you can gain skill making", for under GM. For example, nearly all of my cloth BOD pulls from 60-80 were cloaks and robes - on FIVE characters, over several weeks (I rarely power train for training's sake, usually just have my BOD runners that need to gain skill fill BODs that they can gain from making the items - then turn the BODs in for new ones, or for the current event)

Cooking appears to have something skill-related in it - I didn't start getting Miso BODs until I got somewhere over 80 skill.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bulk Orders – Ultima Online
Types of Bulk Orders

Small bulk orders are the primary type of BOD received if the crafter is 70 skill or higher. If the crafter is less than 70 skill, the requested BODs will ALWAYS be small BODs.

At skill below 70, the BOD will always request “Normal” items (though exceptional items can also be put into the BOD), of base material (Iron for blacksmiths or tinkers, Wood for bowcrafters or carpenters, Cloth or regular Leather for tailors) that allow the player to gain skill by filling it. This makes them an ideal way to train

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tailoring Essay - Old Stratics
2. How do I get a BOD and how often can I get them?
In order to get a BOD just sell any item that the NPC Tailor will buy or select “Bulk Order Info” from the context-sensitive menu when clicking on an NPC Tailor. The deed you get at and after 70.0 Real Skill is random, while lower skill BODs will usually reflect items you can gain skill by making, and will always be Small BODs, of Normal quality. Tailors get 33.33% exceptional quality BODs, as opposed to the 50% exceptional that Blacksmiths get in their system. Then again, it is MUCH easier to get top end runics with a Tailor, than a Blacksmith, so it more than offsets (though it can get frustrating after a while).
Under normal circumstances, you may recieve a BOD only once during a given time period depending on your skill level (based on real skill):

• 0.1-50.0: every one hour (Normal cloth or leather – will be a BOD the character can gain skill from, while making the requested items)
  • 50.1-69.9: every two hours (type as indicated in 0.1-50.0)
  • 70.0-120: every six hours (All possible types, Large & Small, exceptional or normal – though there still appears to be a tendency, if a cloth or leather BOD, to be one the character can gain on, up until at least 80 skill).
This timer is per character, and it should be noted that a different timer applies to each BOD system. In other words, if a character accepts a Blacksmithing BOD, he must wait the appropriate amount of time before he is eligible to receive another Blacksmithing BOD but is eligible to receive a BOD for Tailoring. One may check in-game approximately how long a specific character will have to wait by selecting “Bulk Order Info” on an skill-appropriate NPC’s context-sensitive menu.
In 2005, a change was made in the BOD system, so that if one turns in a BOD, it resets the timer, making the Tailor immediately able to claim another BOD, on turning in a tailor BOD for a reward. This led to a form of BOD collection & filling known as “BOD Cycling”, which is discussed in the BOD Essay.

EliteEmpire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok, so with all this information - which setup would you do if you had 20 characters and were doing all eight professions? .1? 70? 100? I trained one character up to 70.1 in the eight professions and i really dont know if i can do that 19 more times lol

I know you said .1 is what you do frodo, would you recommend it for all eight professions at once? I did it for 2 days and i found myself crafting daggers, barrel lids, and lesser cure potions for 4 hours each day seeing as i get 60 bods a day - per profession

This also brings me to ask about my other question, any tricks i can use with EC client perhaps, that would significantly reduce my crafting time? Or bod collecting speed? I could do .1 and fill craps if i knew some time saving tricks. I did just acquire all six of the 7th year power tools, so im hoping this saves some time in and of itself. that and alot of stuff is stackable (like for alchemy or cooking) so i can bulk up on it in my off time

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If not on SP/Mugen (I don't want to even IMAGINE having 20 accounts on SP), most of the skills you can buy up to between 33 & 40.

Tailor, Smith, Tinker, and Inscription all have New Haven quests for rapid training to 50. Not sure about Bowcraft, Carpentry, Alchemy and Cooking.

Buy up the skills, get the quests & complete them, then just raise them the rest of the way to 70 filling junk BODs. If you feel like it (or lack the small junk BODs), some of them can be trained up using items crafted for Heartwood quests (you can go from base skill to GM on bowcraft using just the quests) or the Britain library.

This is what I've done, and have gotten 1 finished bowcrafter (using the Heartwood quests before the BOD), 1 finished Carpenter & 1 Finished Alchemist (done years ago), 1 finished scribe (Started with the New Haven Quest, then brute forced the rest of the way in 2006), 3 Tinkers (2 GM, one working back up - and may have GM skill for a 4th soulstoned on a frag somewhere), 6 smiths (5 to 120 using BODs, one stopped at 80 or so on the carpenter for add-ons), 5 tailors (2 at 120 from BODs, 1 stopped in the 70s on the carpenter, and 2 more between 105-115, working their way to 120 filling studded junk BODs for the Christmas tree event). My 1 cook was in the 50s, from doing things like blackrock stew, and is now progressing into the 80s from BOD filling alone.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
3. Is there any way to collect bods faster or craft better via macros or enhanced client? Picking up 480 bods a day manually is killing my hands lol. What tricks do you use to save time?
The simple answer here is yes with the EC. I believe most of this can be done simply with normal macros. For instance, you can create a single keystroke macro that will "cast spell recall, wait for target cursor, target specific object {runebook with the proper rune set as the default}, wait for 3 seconds, set a known object as the current target, ask for a bod"

In this case the "known object as the current target" will be the NPC - which is a fixed object that is unique to a shard, but has never, to my knowledge changed.

Now all you need to do is click the accept box. Now you've drastically reduced the keystokes needed to recall next to a given NPC and open the get deed window.

The original client does not allow you to create such a macro natively. For that you'd need to do something against the TOS - for which you're on your own.

EliteEmpire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just wanted to check back in and say a few things about the crafting project so far!

I narrowed the professions down to 4 (cooking, inscription, alchemy, and tinkering). This is because the rewards for the other four are based on runic rewards and runic rewards are lackluster unless some changes are made to the property tables (people are just running around with legendaries and they are a dime a dozen)

I got all four of the skills 80.1 on all 20 of my characters, wasn't too bad considering i trained them 3 at a time simultaneously until they were all done. I get a great amount of larges and top end smalls.

SO im bringing in 63 BODS per day per profession for these four professions (I am collecting ALL EIGHT but the other four are just .1 craps. After i collect around 10,000 of each professions craps im going to just stop the other four and just pick up the ones im trained in). If something changes with blacksmith, tailoring, carpentry, and fletching ill have 10k bods ready to flip and just need to train those up to 80.1

So i am basically in collect mode at the moment on Atlantic. Collect and fill. Its super easy! I just collect the bods and put them into a daily intake box, then when they are all collected for the day I put them into a weekly intake box, and let that accumulate for 7 days. Usually this is a saturday or sunday, and i just spend the day sorting and filling. So 1 day a week and 45 mins the other days is all i spend on this

So whats next for this project?

IM DOING IT ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!

I have three accounts just for this project, the first one has a 18x18 based on Atlantic with 6 bod collectors and seven bod collectors per other account, the SECOND will have a house based on Chesapeake with the same, just shuffled to account 2! This is an exact duplicate of the Atlantic setup except the house is held on the second account, 21 characters! This means literally double the bods!

21 characters x 8 professions x 3 a day x 2 setups = 1008 bods a day, 4 professions of which are just ready to be sorted/filled (other four you just tuck away) and once you get skills up its effortless to collect and the only hassle is sorting them quickly. This accounts for only like.. 45 minuites out of my day, the rest of the day is open to whatever i wanna do. Once you get trained its easy mode. You just have to spend 1 day every seven days sorting/filling, lol. I like to call this day ---- PAYDAY

Never have been stoked this hard for UO crafting, i wanted to thank you all for the help along the way!

Last edited:

PaulCH

Journeyman
@EliteEmpire Been following your posts and your setup is remarkably organized. Almost seems wasted in UO :p Only thing that I don't remember you mentioning is how you collect the necessary resources...reagents, scrolls, ingots, etc. Do you simply buy from vendors? Spend time collecting? or...?

EliteEmpire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@EliteEmpire Been following your posts and your setup is remarkably organized. Almost seems wasted in UO :p Only thing that I don't remember you mentioning is how you collect the necessary resources...reagents, scrolls, ingots, etc. Do you simply buy from vendors? Spend time collecting? or...?

Sure!

reagents and scrolls i just buy off npc's working up the numbers over the course of 2 days or so, players also sell them pretty cheap
bottles, basic boards, iron ingots, and pretty much anything not special i buy on vendor search, as one bod fill pays for the most of it
colored leather is a pain to collect - i just buy from vendor search

Ingot wise I spent 1 day in blackthorn dungeon getting golden ingots? and then you can use the transmute cauldrons to make whatever ingot beyond gold. it takes 27 golden ingots to make 1 valorite ingot, and if you're farming the gold ingots properly you can get 4-5 stacks of gold ingots in a pure day. So colored ingot wise its as simple as that, the only problem is you have to have the setup to make the bods to fill the bods to get the cauldrons, lol, so its not something you can do from nothing, you have to have been already set up, so some direct purchasing of colored ingots is necessary to start. This also applies to boards as well - you can transmute them to a better color for the cost of a bod fill. So if you see a good deal on 60k blood wood boards or 60k verite ingots you can do some quick math and see if you come out better transmuting!

My biggest advice resource wise is to NOT go into the .1 bod collecting route. The resources and time required to flip them into what you can actually use is pretty bad, and it gets worse the more characters you collect with. When i first started a month ago i was bringing in 504 craps a day, and it was so overwhelming because it was taking 4 hours per profession just to fill and flip them into bods i could actually use, and i was going through SO many resources.

Without flipping? Youll find that a single 60k each basic resource/reagent and 10k special resource will last you 3-4 weeks if not more, and by that time I have collected over 10k bods to fill and make up WAY more than the cost. But then again i dont do blacksmithing/tailor/fletch/carpentry at the moment so it might not be someone elses result

PaulCH

Journeyman
I was asking because I may be able to provide some of the resources on Ches. Would have asked and offered before but I don't play on Atlantic but then you mentioned Chesapeake...

I will PM you tonight.