• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gear

Grenier

Adventurer
My semester is coming to an end and I will be able to put more time into playing this bard. Right now I am still leveling but the plan is to have her as a Pure Bard with 4x 120 Barding skills Magery and either Med. or Eval, I have a stone to put something on it as I figure out where to go with my build. Anyway, since I last played there seem to be more options as far as gear and was wondering if there are any key pieces I should try and get? Right now I just have a crappy LRC suit I put together and it seems to meet my needs for now but as I level I am going to harder places so I would like to farm better stuff as I gain lvls.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I concentrate on max lower mana cost and as much mana regeneration you can get to make
use of the bard masteries myself.

Personally, I use studded gear reforged to 3 mana regeneration on five pieces, with lower mana cost, some mana increase, hit points, and resists along with a nice looted headpiece with 3 mana regen. Oh and the 2 mana regen robe/epaullete and 2 mana regen sash. I do well in the mana department with all that and the 55 lower mana cost you get for using the studded leather.

Then can play a four times legendary real skill bard with 120 each mystic and focus modified and 106 magery modified with use of the obi with focus skill, talisman with focus skill (or one could use mystic talisman) and rest of the skills on imbued jewelry. Can get to 120 magery with a tome of lost knowledge if need be, but prefer to carry a slayer book to finish off redlined creatures.

Works well in my opinion.

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I'd go with 120 Mage/Med. Suit minimum of all 70's, 100 lrc, 40 lmc, 10 mr, dci optional unless you play it in fel in which case 45, 2/6, and 25 hp. That's all fairly easy to get. So I'd then go up to 30 mr, 25 str increase, 4/6. Don't forget with 4xBard, Firehorns are pretty strong unless the monster has really high fire.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I used for my bard:
6x imbued woodland (mage) armor pieces with 3 reforged MR and 2 enhanced HPR
-15 mage weapon and a looted legendary shield
The total suit had max HPR/MR and 200+ mana. But it was a support char. It also had 60 Necro and 100 SS for Corpse Skin.

Now days it's easier to make your suit from legendaries. Also you can add up to 100 SDI to your suit.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
My semester is coming to an end and I will be able to put more time into playing this bard. Right now I am still leveling but the plan is to have her as a Pure Bard with 4x 120 Barding skills Magery and either Med. or Eval, I have a stone to put something on it as I figure out where to go with my build. Anyway, since I last played there seem to be more options as far as gear and was wondering if there are any key pieces I should try and get? Right now I just have a crappy LRC suit I put together and it seems to meet my needs for now but as I level I am going to harder places so I would like to farm better stuff as I gain lvls.
Sir if you PM or ICQ me at 42254535 I can help you out. a lot and gear you,

I think HPR SDI and MR is something you will need a long with resist.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you come to ATL and want to join a PVM guild, give me a shout.

Further, see my Disco Mage post here: [Spellweaving] - Disco Mage Spellweaver for some other ideas on template.

I personally find Peacemaking to be completely worthless. You can get enough regen and med on your suit so that the extra mana cost for not being 4x bard skill doesn't hamper your game play that much at all. Then you have an extra 120 skill points so that you can have Magery, Med and Eval (or maybe something else like Spellweaving) on there.

Mage gear with MR4 should general be fine. Get some good stuff with eaters on it and other extra mods and you will be rolling through spawn in in no time.

Good luck!